• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dublio

Smash Ace
Oh he doesn't? I guess the brawl metagame keeps changing. Back when I used to go to tournaments, Chu was still winning them despite having a "worse" character.

I guess we could always go into the discussion of fun vs winning. Do you find fun in winning or fun in having a good match? Do you find it fun to be the best with a character that no one barely uses or being average in a sea of other people that use the same character all the time? Since MK is used all the time, how do you tell the difference between a really good player and an above average player? You still would lose to the better players regardless, but since you used a character that everyone does, it doesn't stand out as much.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Kadaj, Magneto isn't even close to the best character in the game. He's a coin flip character who either does barely any damage or does a whole lot. He has a lot of even or disadvantaged matchups across the tier list.

Also, George > Chu.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I think fun is subjective....

Like yes I do have fun in winning but I also have fun in a good/close match with a higher player and then like giving me props for imporving orwhatever

it all kind of depends on the person..I don't like losing to people I feel like I am better than or people that annoy me or anything like that

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I pointed that out in my last post, former She-Hulk avatar. >_>

Everyone needs Sentinal, not just because he's (imo) the best character in the game, but because his assists are so GDLK and they give a lot of characters the backing they need for a solid rushdown. There are still 2 more slots.

Yeah, game is still unbalanced, but it's better than Brawl's.

Dublio

Smash Ace
Perhaps I am strange, I love playing with a character and being congratulated for having a good "insert character" here. Winning is great and all but not at the cost of alienating everyone. An example is someone that never plays Wario, although he loves playing as Wario, simply because so many characters have grab release shenanigans on them.

I understand that when you are playing to win in tournaments, that makes sense because money is on the line. The same doesn't go for friendlies though. The question is "Should it?" Should you play to win in friendlies? Are friendlies just for relaxing and testing new strategies? The question is different for everyone of course, it just seems that people love to sandbag in friendlies and then complain about losing. If it was really just a friendly and it wasn't serious, why does it matter if you lost?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
i bet you could win with kirby in idaho too...:c

stingers I wasn't trying to offend you or anything but I literally feel like there is only 5-6 People in your state that would give me trouble/beat me

1. Kadaj
2. Stingers
3. Sushi
4. Cory's Nair Night
5. Dr.PP

not saying everyone else is free just saying those would be the people I could see beating me when I'm on my game.

who is george?

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Yeah that's very true, doesn't mean you can't get better. Keith, Kadaj, Stingers and others are trying really hard to get better.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
I still dont think NC sucks >.>

places that you hear nothing about are places that suck

we at least have a few noticeable names

we arent amazing of course

but we by no means suck.

in fact i would say our brawl scene heavily out ways our melee scene

pp of course carries everyone but without him

yay would be the best

he got last place at Rom3 ( a melee regional)

Our unranked players made top 17 at a brawl regional with more attendance ( stock got 17th at seige, TKO 17th,) Not to mention got kadaj 7th, and mekos 25th

our second best ( stingers) beat one of the best WC mks.

that would be like lozr or yay beating Zhu or something. Which i cant see

Not trying to turn this into a melee vs brawl

but we def have potential.

and do not suck.

Marly

Smash Journeyman
Here's the problem with NC, or at least, in my view.

There's not enough competitive players (and good ones) to actually set the standards and motivation for less skilled players to get better. People might just play not so great players, beat them, and just be satisfied with it rather than thinking about placing like, top 5. (where players are actually competent in comparison to other states as well)

Basically, NC just doesn't have much good people.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Here's the problem with NC, or at least, in my view.

There's not enough competitive players (and good ones) to actually set the standards and motivation for less skilled players to get better. People might just play not so great players, beat them, and just be satisfied with it rather than thinking about placing like, top 5. (where players are actually competent in comparison to other states as well)

Basically, NC just doesn't have much good people.
dont you like...not go to tournaments? how can you even give a view on the state of the NC competitive scene when you are not there to witness it

Marly

Smash Journeyman
dont you like...not go to tournaments? how can you even give a view on the state of the NC competitive scene when you are not there to witness it
You forget that I lurk and I have actually bothered comparing NC competitive scene with other states' competitive scenes.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
damn Tk my bad. i knew i was forgetting someone else who made 17th lol

marly, compared to ny, Fl, texas etc, yes we suck

but overall we do not.

Plus, it;s hard to compare that anyway seeing as we dont travel and can rarely test our skills

Mekos took a match off of ally at siege

even though he didnt win

a lucas taking a match off of the best snake is outstanding.

Who knows what else may happen

i took blue rogue to last game at apex 2

that *** is like 1st in mid west ( or was at the time)

hell with shadys mk knowledge he may be able to upset some good mks himself

so it's hard to judge cause we dont know what we are capable of yet, until we go out more.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
You forget that I lurk and I have actually bothered comparing NC competitive scene with other states' competitive scenes.
thanks but that means nothing...i'm assuming you know keith, so you should already know that what people say on the internet is less than worthless

Marly

Smash Journeyman
I dont think you can compare stuff you read on the boards to what actually goes on at tournaments.
Surprisingly enough, there's not really much difference in what actually goes on at tournaments and what's being posted on it. I know, it's a shock! It's like things posted on the boards are credible or something and there are other people who were actually at the tourney commenting about it to give what's posted more credibility!

Marly

Smash Journeyman
thanks but that means nothing...i'm assuming you know keith, so you should already know that what people say on the internet is less than worthless
You seem to be getting a bit defensive over an opinion over the internet if you yourself consider it less than worthless. I find it somewhat ironic.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Surprisingly enough, there's not really much difference in what actually goes on at tournaments and what's being posted on it. I know, it's a shock! It's like things posted on the boards are credible or something and there are other people who were actually at the tourney commenting about it to give what's posted more credibility!
Wait how would you know that if you never been to a tournament to see what actually goes on?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
You seem to be getting a bit defensive over an opinion over the internet if you yourself consider it less than worthless. I find it somewhat ironic.
yeah I give up. i'll see you when I go to ncsu, I'm sure you'll act far different in person then you do on the internet =]

and thanks KT =] we need to play again sometime, you've been tearin' **** up lately lol

Marly

Smash Journeyman
Wait how would you know that if you never been to a tournament to see what actually goes on?
How would you know whether anything on the internet is real when you haven't actually seen something yourself? I mean, maybe everyone is conspiring against you by putting false information on the internet to mislead your knowledge about what you are looking for. I mean, clearly that's the case, right?

Duo55

Smash Ace
stingers I wasn't trying to offend you or anything but I literally feel like there is only 5-6 People in your state that would give me trouble/beat me

1. Kadaj
2. Stingers
3. Sushi
4. Cory's Nair Night
5. Dr.PP

not saying everyone else is free just saying those would be the people I could see beating me when I'm on my game.

who is george?
$10 mm? :) free money right?

Marly

Smash Journeyman
yeah I give up. i'll see you when I go to ncsu, I'm sure you'll act far different in person then you do on the internet =]

and thanks KT =] we need to play again sometime, you've been tearin' **** up lately lol
That goes without saying, and painfully at that. The fact that you had to point that out makes me laugh.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
That is such Troll logic, I think I read the boards just as much as you, if not a lot more. I think Im more than aware of what is Said on here in comparison to what actually happens in tournaments, Stingers is the best Rob in the nation, and Kadaj is one of the most notable players on the east coast, and we have a few players here who can hold there own against them.

For instance, If kadaj and player x (for the sake of argument) play a set, and kadaj wins the set, No one post on the boards about how player x won that game or how player x had a close set with kadaj, ( I know how things like this go becuase ive...been to tournaments)

For another example, Kadaj is poorly seeded at every national I have ever been with him at, despite him being one of the best on the east coast. Because he doesnt go around bragging about how good he is on the boards and because he doesnt have many videos up of him vs Pros.

I mean no one ever brings this up but kadaj three stocked (or jv three stocked) Reflex, I know that because I was there, and if you dont theres a video of it, but no one ever brings **** like that up on here.

Marly

Smash Journeyman
That is such Troll logic, I think I read the boards just as much as you, if not a lot more. I think Im more than aware of what is Said on here in comparison to what actually happens in tournaments, Stingers is the best Rob in the nation, and Kadaj is one of the most notable players on the east coast, and we have a few players here who can hold there own against them.
Love your suggestive elitism about staying in the boards longer than I have. Congratulations on your longevity. Now, explain exactly where I have said that Kadaj and Stingers were bad. Oh, wait. I didn't. I said there were few good players on NC, and they happened to be two of them.

For instance, If kadaj and player x (for the sake of argument) play a set, and kadaj wins the set, No one post on the boards about how player x won that game or how player x had a close set with kadaj, ( I know how things like this go becuase ive...been to tournaments)
It's like tourney vids are all fake or something and people never put them up at all.

For another example, Kadaj is poorly seeded at every national I have ever been with him at, despite him being one of the best on the east coast. Because he doesnt go around bragging about how good he is on the boards and because he doesnt have many videos up of him vs Pros.
Moot point since I never said anything about Kadaj. Not sure what you're trying to get at here.

I mean no one ever brings this up but kadaj three stocked (or jv three stocked) Reflex, I know that because I was there, and if you dont theres a video of it, but no one ever brings **** like that up on here.
Same here too.

I think the problem is that you haven't read my post carefully enough to make a coherent argument that would actually be considered as a rebuttal to my initial argument about NC having very few good players in comparison to other states, and thus, NC being bad at Brawl in general.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Marly has been to tourneys in NC before, just saying
he hasnt been to any

just that one duke that got turned into a smashfest.

he stays normally at state and plays wifi i think

ur just racist and think all asians look alike

shame on you

this why i need to beat u

to put u in ur place.

@ marly, i think snaps second point is saying to not judge things off of what people say on the boards because 8 times out of 10, it is a fabrication.

people think chibo is the best ROB because he goes to tourneys and gets his face seen, and then post alot on the boards.

and then loses to a link player.

Where stingers.... well u know

and Chibo if u name search, im not saying u suck, just giving examples.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I was using examples of things that have happened in the past, to tell you that things happen at tournaments are not always discussed on the boards, and that the boards is not a be all end all source of knowledge and a stream of current events, because no matter what you say in response to this post, you can prove me wrong that you do not know what goes on at tournaments unless you go to them.

That is a fact. Nice troll though.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
lol @ the luigi marth match up

also, duo would **** you TKO

also, **** you guys go practice or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom