• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

Mahie

Smash Lord
not sure what you're referring to..if you're doing drop off fair from the ledge and they come up hogging the ledge you hit them into the ledge..are you referring to something else?
Ledgehop fair. You hit them into whatever but they can't tech the close fair until higher %s, afaik.

I usually get the reverse hit anyway though.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
So who is the Marth authority vs. Falcon? Can anyone give me any tips? I fully expect to be arped by Hax, but I would like to at least give him a good match. I recall doing well against him with Fox back in 2010, but I kinda want to stick to Marth if I can.

Also, any tips vs. Sheik, or favourite videos that I should be looking at? Thanks for your help, guys.
the marth authority vs falcon.

That would be IB. but he switched to falco. However, his sets still showcase the best examples of the matchup that i have seen. Even PP's sets were sloppier.

He also ran train on the top falcons before he quit

i guess if you got enough vids you could study PP or m2k, but honestly there aren't enough vids of them playing the matchup. Maybe you should go old school and watch ken. i think there is one match of m2k's marth vs pc chris's falcon in some old tourney too

Niko45

Smash Master
Literally any touch Falcon gets ever with any move in his entire set coverts into big damage lol. Well, outside of up B and B. He should never hit you unless you **** up tho.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Haha well Hax ***** me, but that's alright. Friends I had with him after went better (I even won some matches somehow) and I talked to IB a bit about it too.

Will try to make Marth players proud.

:phone:

Construct

Smash Journeyman
Daaamn PP that was one hell of a show. What happened to side-b-->utilt being illegitimate :yeahboi:?

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i've never thought it was illegitimate against peach, just against puff..puff's just always spacing out on her aerials. Peach on the other hand wants to get closer and break marth's spacing because too close = dsmash breaks through shield and nair out of shield and nair pressure becomes stronger.

So peach is much more likely to DI in than jiggs is

I've bee able to DI into the forward B on reaction/prediction a few times which ruins utilt's kill power really well. Crouch canceling it makes that move entirely useless

Peach is often in the air though with floats when spacing against Marth. When She'll be grounded when she's hoping for something like dash attacks, grabs, or dtilts. Going for cc trades at too high % doesn't work because then she'll be sent too far away. But it's still a nice way to get hit by a kill move

Bob Money

Smash Ace
PPs edgeguarding made me sad, going out there and back airing peach is bleh. Back end of up air is much easier to hit if you know bair isnt going to kill, and you can jab peach to bait airdodges, and stuff. I'm 100 percent sure PP would have won with better edgeguarding. Might have won easily. Either way awesome stuff.

Bones0

Smash Legend
my vocal cords hate peepee
lol THIS so much.

Don't get discouraged, PP. This has only just begun. I noticed a couple things you kept doing that weren't working out that well, so I'm sure you have a whole book of things you can tweak and take out Amanda next time.

I will say one thing I think that specifically hurt you was you getting a little too hype during matches (and I'm sure others have said similar stuff, so hopefully you don't take it personally). I've always liked that your desire to win is > your desire to "showboat", and I think that's the element Mango has that costs him important sets that you otherwise win (suicide dair vs. M2K in winner's, for example). I think you may have been able to stave off Amanda's adaption better if you were more focused on the match than fist pumping to the crowd (that said, it WAS pretty badass... lol @ making the utilt motion with your arm!). Definitely look forward to next time you get to play him. /$0.02

Cactuar for Most Valuable Coach? Or should that go to Inui... You were just grinning like crazy the entire first set of GFs. lol If Amanda had turned to you mid game, pretty sure all he would have seen was:

*:troll:*

Swann

Smash Journeyman
PP, I remember there being a few instances where you should have retreated back to the ledge after a LH fair instead of kind of trying to force your way onstage. You started later mixing it up with nair/uair (which do a better job of getting the opponent out of the way so that you can take back the stage), though.

Watching your marth if GFs was so hype. Everyone in my apartment was screaming.

Good to see you so happy during the set, too. Dat grin

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
lol, that will last them all of one week

does make me consider whether i should play peach marth or peach falco. what has better coverage.

i guess it depends on if i hate peach dittos or worry about sheik/falcon more. Do i really think peach loses to falcon and sheik. that's the question.

Did armada even face any sheiks this tourney? I keep wanting to see KK/M2k vs armada before i decide, but it never happens

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
lol no. tell you what, if PP places top 10 at a tourney going all marth, I will start trying questionable stuff like that again.

however, it is nice to see PP's marth doing so well. He shouldn't have gone marth on dreamland though.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
So... my consistancy with Marth is randomly way better than my spacies =( new main??!?! I may try this again after playing PPU in bracket.

iffy525

Smash Apprentice
Damn PP that set was amazing. Switching to secondary in GFs? Super hype. Armada knows he has some competition now. The only thing that I was wondering is why did you only do uthrows?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Have you never played a Falco ditto? 1 frame invincible combo starters are pretty high on the list of broken things.

Have you never played a Falco ditto? 1 frame invincible combo starters are pretty high on the list of broken things.
Peach is crouch cancel down smash. Down smash eats characters that crouch cancel. Can't you see how blatant of a GG there is?

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Oh God, now people are going to tell me that I have no excuse to say Marth sucks. Well, he does. Insofar as you can place only 13th by going Marth only. The other top placing Marths need a Sheik or Falco to help get them that far.

I am partially kidding. Kind of. I don't know, PP's Marth gave me mixed feelings.

wut

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Yo guys, you'll be seeing a lot more of me on these boards trying to put stuff together and just gain information.

And PP's Marth is beautiful.

Also, Diakonos- I watched you vs Wobbles. You're reallly good dude

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Yo guys, you'll be seeing a lot more of me on these boards trying to put stuff together and just gain information.

And PP's Marth is beautiful.

Also, Diakonos- I watched you vs Wobbles. You're reallly good dude
Yeah, I feel like the New Marth needs all the educated discussion we can get. PP's Marth was amazing.

And thank you, dude. I had like one match to learn the matchup, and I think I did alright. Maybe with some more experience vs. IC I could take a set in the future.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Yeah that's crazy if you only had one match to learn the matchup. The one on Yoshi's was really impressive
Thanks. It's just that where I'm from (WC Canada) we only have a couple of high-caliber players, and they main spacies -- especially Falco. I've probably played less than 10 matches with an ICs that can wavedash, so the matchup experience is quite different. I was scared to play Wobbles because he regularly plays (played?) with Taj and TAI, both great Marths.

After this tournament I've realized how important it is for Marths to know their matchups really well. Obviously this is true with all characters, but I feel like with Fox, Falco, and Sheik, you can be a good player and still do quite well against characters you don't know that well. With Marth, you will get eaten alive if you don't adapt to the matchup.

So yeah, expect to see me more on these boards!

MT_

Smash Ace
It was great meeting/seeing several of you fellow Marth mains at Apex.

Also I think I am going to take a break from Marth and learn how to play Peach and/or Puff just for perspective's sake. Also because I have played so much Marth exclusively the past couple months training for Apex that I need some time away from him lol.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
How can you stay away after seeing mew2king and Dr. PP play like that? It made me want to quit fox completely. Then I woke up and realized that my marth wouldn't be that godlike by just running with some flavor of the month type gimmicks. for a while.

There was such a case of sensory overload. I have to re-watch lots of that stuff and work on implementing.

Great job yesterday PP. That pocket marth

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Yeah, I feel like the New Marth needs all the educated discussion we can get. PP's Marth was amazing.

And thank you, dude. I had like one match to learn the matchup, and I think I did alright. Maybe with some more experience vs. IC I could take a set in the future.
I was watching that set as well and you made some great plays on YS. I didn't realize who you were at first. There were like 3 other people with that hair! Good stuff, that Dtilt > ftilt mixup was something I really liked

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
/rant off

damn i don't know why i'm going on tilt cause of the tier list thread. You'd think college would have taught me what people are like by now

Marth is simply too difficult. He takes knowing too many tricks and matchups to play well. It's something Mew2King can do but for most people is better to play someone easier and more automatic. Like Falco and Peach can kind of do the same few things to all other characters (over-simplified-ish)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
That was the most hilarious rant I've ever read on this website KP.

You're definitely taking things way out of hand. Relax and think about what you posted.

Top Bottom