• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

Niko45

Smash Master
I like to practice against like 3 different weight classes just to get a feel for DI reads and comboing and stuff. So like obviously a fox/falco (I choose falco cause he's a bit harder to cg), something like Link or Ganon for a middle weight, and a floatie like weegee/peach/mario.

Then just do things like double/regular fair into dash away or double fair into dtilt/utilt. Late up air into reverse utilt.

I dunno he's just not that demanding tech wise other than completing chain grabs fully so practicing by yourself with Marth isn't all that rewarding imo.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I go to school at Fred G. Acosta Job Corps center in Tucson, AZ.

I wanted some pointers because I really want to maximize my punishment game.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
level 1 is the only CPU worth training on. every CPU level you go up the less they di left and right and the harder and more often they:

a. di and smash di up
b. jab you on reaction
c. power shield

.Chipmunk.

Smash Ace
I practice combos, reads, CG's, tech. I try to practice everything that I possibly can while alone. There are many things that you can't practice without a partner.

I practice against lvl 1 for combos, 4 for CGs. That's about it. I give myself a lvl 9 every now and then so I can work on OoS stuff cause they are the only ones that really attack consistent enough for that sort of thing, at least in my experience.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Level 9s just grab you when you shield <_< it's like not worth it at all for OoS stuff if I remember correclty

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Level 4 fox is good to practice cg'ing on; at least, thats what m2k uses to practice it.

Practicing on your own you should really get exact timings on when you can move with marth. A marth that runs asap out of fair, or knows exactly when he can move out of the IASA on dtilt is a lot scarier than one that doesn't. Even things as simple as knowing how to uptilt/run upair out of marth's upthrow on different characters is useful; the heavier the character the longer you have to wait, so being extremely precise vs all characters is honestly pretty useful in being able to keep them above you indefinitely.

Dart!

Smash Master
Is any character fun when you are getting *****?
Lol that's why you play Marth? ... I think everyone loves ******.
He said not getting *****...not being the raper.
As in doing well but not just ******
I love close matches. High/top level close matches are the reason i even play the game competitively. All the friends i make and hanging out is the second reason.

MT_

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure the only reason I only play Marth because I like the KSHH and PWOOM sound of his tippers lol.

Niko45

Smash Master
He said not getting *****...not being the raper.
As in doing well but not just ******
I love close matches. High/top level close matches are the reason i even play the game competitively. All the friends i make and hanging out is the second reason.
Yea as in if I am not just getting hit constantly and I have time to think and move lol.

:phone:

crush

Smash Master
I love going out as unnecessarily far offstage as I can for a kill, and then making it back.
"you can only go so far before you realize you'll be dead before the time you get back" - Hillary Clinton

"the problem with quotes on the internet is that you never know if that person actually said that" - Abraham Lincoln

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
How the hell do you DI fox's Uair? Yes I know I'm worse than demokirby.
I heard you have to wiggle the c-stick really fast in a dash dance motion.
Or is it control stick?
halp :(

Moooose

Smash Champion
if you miss the di on the uthrow then yea wiggle the control stick
if you di'ed left/right, just hit the stick right/left right after the first hit

Top Bottom