• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Darkrain isnt bad vs marth, he has an over-arching problem that contains marth in it. Hes bad vs gay playstyles. Darkrain is super ****ing aggro and thats why people that beat him, usually keep beating him. (See the last few darkrain vs kels outcomes, and most of darkrain vs top IC players, recently)

On topic: considering playing marth alot more seriously if not main him, all depends on how falcon treats me from now on. He and i havent been vibeing at all since pound and were vibeing only moderately @ pound.

Jun.

Smash Lord
wait mew2king are you saying that YOUR falcon is good at the Marth matchup? Or your Marth is equivalent to Hax's Falcon?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah darkrain is not good vs marth. Me and Hax do the MU's way better. I still think I'm the best at it though but me and hax are the best 2 at it for sure
yeah, he doesn't play it patiently enough. against 95% of marth's it doesn't matter, though, because most marth mains aren't as good as he is lol

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
LOL i was joking
read the comments from Tai vs Darkrain 3

originalph00tbag: Darkrain was pretty salty about those meteor cancels. I think he eventually realized he'd better give up on dair.

Ghosttenks: Great match. The general play was good, but the meteor cancels were exceptional.

Strongbad338guy: that meteor cancel on the 3rd stock was beastly haha

shurithino: THOSE METEOR CANCELS

ChivalRuse: Wow Tai nice meteor cancels

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
The sad thing is, I'm pretty sure at least one of them was sincere, since I didn't miss any meteor cancels.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
no you dont

he was playing bad/sandbagging
and i was just throwing moves out and landing them

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
LAWL
I was searching for TAI
not TeeAyEye

General question about Meteor cancelling
When are you able to cancel? As soon as the window for SDI closes?

And can you hold up before being hit and just hit B to up-b cancel? Or do you have to go from neutral to up-b?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
axe and i tested it very mildly

we think that there's a window where if you input a meteor cancel, nothing happens and you are thereby unable to meteor cancel anymore

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
General question about Meteor cancelling
When are you able to cancel? As soon as the window for SDI closes?
You're able to meteor-cancel on frame 8 after hitlag, i.e. after 8 frames + however many frames of hitlag you are in ("window for SDI").
And can you hold up before being hit and just hit B to up-b cancel? Or do you have to go from neutral to up-b?
Yes, that would work.
axe and i tested it very mildly

we think that there's a window where if you input a meteor cancel, nothing happens and you are thereby unable to meteor cancel anymore
Depends. If you're meteor canceling with a double jump (either up or x/y), then if you try to meteor cancel on frames 1-7, it will be unsuccessful and you won't be able to meteor cancel with a double jump for 40 frames. During these 40 frames (provided you're past the first 1-7 frames), however, you can input an Up-B and it will be successful.
Up-B itself does weird things with meteor canceling. If you're recovering with Up-B and get meteor'd out of it, a 40 frame counter starts from the beginning of your Up-B and you can't meteor cancel in any way until that's over, and that counter doesn't run during hitlag. The 40 frame counter will also start if you try to input an Up-B during frames 1-7 of knockback. Thankfully, trying to jump or Up-B during frames of hitlag don't trigger a no-Meteor Cancel window.
Marth doesn't have multiple mid-air jumps so I won't get into that scenario.

Credit goes to Magus420 for originally finding this information out. Hope that helps!

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Wow, I had no idea you could not cancel during the first 7 frames and that a 40-frame counter existed.
That was incredibly helpful

If you're recovering with Up-B and get meteor'd out of it, a 40 frame counter starts from the beginning of your Up-B
So say a fox has started his up-b and gets daired 21 frames later, he cannot meteor cancel for 19 more frames? or another 40?

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
Few questions:

Playing against Fox, when you get shined off the edge....what are your best options? I try to side-b, or jump to fair, but I always seem to get punished and killed by another shine.

Playing against Sheik, recovering from off stage, I usually go low so I can sweet spot the edge, but then she usually jumps out an nairs me. What do I do...

Top Bottom