• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
austin, you know about the soft press utilt? do a pivot jab but slight press forward. Worse case scenario you fsmash.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Haha Joe
Most of those Ftilts are accidental ... it's really hard to do if you try

I think you just have to be soft with the control stick input, if you don't mash it you'll often just accidentally Ftilt if you're trying to Fsmash (which happens to me way too much)

*Edit*
Try pressing the control stick only halfway and hitting A

It's harder to hit the pivot timing, but you basically Ftilt every time you hit it

In marth dittos, is jump canceled grabs supposed to work against himself at low percents, or will DI towards or away prevent this form happening?

o.0? I am not sure how else more exact I am supposed to be.
1. Marth grabs marth.
2. Fthrow -> Dash -> jump -> grab -> repeat.
I am wondering if this is escapeable. If so, using what sort of DI/attack. Or if is inescapeable, until when does it work?

AustinRC

Smash Lord
austin, you know about the soft press utilt? do a pivot jab but slight press forward. Worse case scenario you fsmash.
Soft press utilt? Havent heard of it surprisingly. I guess that if I cant do it I cant do it and move on. : /

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
o.0? I am not sure how else more exact I am supposed to be.
1. Marth grabs marth.
2. Fthrow -> Dash -> jump -> grab -> repeat.
I am wondering if this is escapeable. If so, using what sort of DI/attack. Or if is inescapeable, until when does it work?
Fthrow regrab isn't guaranteed but its pretty reliable thats why you see it so often.

If the other marth DIs away and buffers a side step you can get away from it.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
The easiest way is probably to shield with L, then WD by pressing X + R with timing.
Cactuar WD with shield just using L it's crazy I use r to shield and L to wavedash you just gotta find whatever style works for you thats what he told me too...

Also @ Cactuar "EVERYTHING I DO I DO IT BIG! :)"

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Meh, it's more technique than having fast hands. Just being aware of how far you are pressing down on your L trigger will let you wavedash and shield with the same button quickly.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i don't use L for anything at all except for L+R+A+Start.

when i plug my controller in, i hold down L to make a fully pushed down L button the neutral position (to disable analog shielding with L, pretty much) so my left index finger doesn't accidentally twitch and ruin everything while i'm doing tech skill.

and i can waveshield just fine. it's really not that hard at all with one button.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Confirm. Pivot tilts are really not that necessary/useful.

I did once beat Cort in tournament using primarily pivot fsmash tippers though. :)

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Confirm. Pivot tilts are really not that necessary/useful.

I did once beat Cort in tournament using primarily pivot fsmash tippers though. :)
Unless you're Hugs
I see him use pivot Ftilt a lot I think
Maybe
I hope I'm not seeing things
Or just remembering wrong

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Pivot f-smash is SOOOOO GOOD with Marth man. Pivot anything with Marth is really good actually. A pivoted f-smash tippers a lot more than a wavedash in f-smash or running f-smash. Maybe its just me though. Unfortunately I need to go back to the basics with my style of play now though *UGHHHHH!!!!!* <3 Marth boards!

Orion*

Smash Researcher
so yeah. is there a chart i can find with all the cg percents -> probably followups for most/every character

tbh ive just been so into my computers the last 2 days that i can kinda just know naturally what to do but i also like to know the numbers so im never guessing

also other than fox/falco who can i uthrow cg? (all ive been practicing on lol)
what throws are generally the best vs what chars.

sorry im pretty specific about most stuff and if nobody answers i will put in the work to figure it out myself but im hoping everyone else knows and someone good enough has the time to tell me so i can save myself a little unneeded effort and go to practicing

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Unless you're Hugs
I see him use pivot Ftilt a lot I think
Maybe
I hope I'm not seeing things
Or just remembering wrong
Hugs plays Samus so do I pivot tilts with Samus important cause range is longer and less lag time then fsmash with Marth it is better to just fsmash cause if spaced right best case is tipped smash worst case is it gets shield and lag is over before opponent can punish...

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Hugs plays Samus so do I pivot tilts with Samus important cause range is longer and less lag time then fsmash with Marth it is better to just fsmash cause if spaced right best case is tipped smash worst case is it gets shield and lag is over before opponent can punish...
Unfortunately if you're at the range to tipper a shield, you'll whiff if they don't (pretty sure)
So the situation you described is pretty unlikely to happen

You're more likely to either tipper a shield or whiff
Or tipper/weak hit them or get it shielded -> wavedash OoS -> punish

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Unfortunately if you're at the range to tipper a shield, you'll whiff if they don't (pretty sure)
So the situation you described is pretty unlikely to happen

You're more likely to either tipper a shield or whiff
Or tipper/weak hit them or get it shielded -> wavedash OoS -> punish
Ur lag would be up before then can wavedash/Oos to hit u so u could move shild or fsmash again. No advantage of using ftilt out of pivot u should just fsmash or jab out of pivot...

Jun.

Smash Lord
IMO pivots are just so that marth players can feel like talking about tech like spacies.

when in reality

Marth is a straightforward no frills character.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Pivot grab is a must.

@Samsara: Falling uair -> u-tilt. Or just tipped fair. Then juggle with tipped uairs. Always end your combos with f-smash if you can. If Falcon is too high vertically for f-smash, finish with nair and follow up with the edgeguard.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
when people were learning how to combo cactuar was learning

"frame perfect dashes out of perfect WDs"

or something

i think that's what he called it

Top Bottom