• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Wavedash back and fsmash baby! Works like a charm! Also your right Cactuar, my post on the jigglypuff matchup was too long. Just throw your sword around and grab a lot! Mwahahahahaha!!!!!
lol i wanted to post something like:
"i just swing my sword a lot"

but i felt like only Cactuar has the right to post this

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Marth 101: Learning to swing your sword faster, harder, and with crazy precision.

Most lessons in this class can be applied to your sex life as well.

G

genkaku

what would ftilt do in the edgeguarding situation?
Actually, what do you use ftilt for in general? I only pull it out in a few very specific situations.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Marth 101: Learning to swing your sword faster, harder, and with crazy precision.

Most lessons in this class can be applied to your sex life as well.
I prefer my sex to be more like basketball. One on one and with as little dribbling as possible.

Wo1f be moar specific. What about sheik is giving you trouble?

earla

Smash Lord
who is marths best three doubles team mates and why?

who is marths best team combos with those teammates?

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Marth is pretty good with most characters. I love Falco because in a neutral position, he can high laser and you can stay low, absolutely demolishing the other teams options. He can also lock down people while you are chaingrabbing/doing a monster combo. Marth is really good at protecting him too, so I think it works nice. Peach is great because falling fair puts them back into dsmash. You can have sequences with Peach/Marth where you do 160 damage in like 5 secs lol. Jiggs, Fox, and Falcon are great because they have great punishes off your grabs (rest, usmash, knee), though Foxes need to be babysat a little. Gimping 8 stocks with a Sheik is maaad fun.

I dunno, its all about how you like to play. I'm generally stupid aggressive so Peach and Falcon work great with me. A Falcon who just waits for you to create an opening and starts a zero-to-death is awesome to play with.

If I had to pick three, I'd say Fox/Falcon/Peach.

SinceEternity

Smash Cadet
Anyone know what happened the detailed marth matchup sticky that was here before? It was really helpful to deal wtih all the characters I've never played with before.... or if anyone has random links to guides on how to play/habits/bait tactics of ICs, marios, ganons and such that would be much appreciated :)

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
who is marths best three doubles team mates and why?

who is marths best team combos with those teammates?
IMHO:
Fox, Puff, Peach

Fox, because he's the best all-around teams character
Puff, because grab -> rest is brutal and puff can save marth with relative ease during recovery
Peach, because she tanks and racks up damage, allowing marth to bump out kill moves when the opportunity is created

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
HOLY ****!! Is that Mookie Rah?! I didn't know you were still alive, dude!!!
Yup, there is a new scene developing near me which has resurrected my love for this game. The only reason I quit in the past is because my crew bailed on me and the smash scene here died.

@Cactuar
This isn't so much a Marth question as it's a Sheik question, but I bet you would know the answer. What are the things that Sheik can do that totally takes a dump in Marth's cereal? Like what stuff do you hate the most in the matchup? I've got a friend here that plays Sheik and he doesn't know how to handle my Marth and I'd definitely like to develop his game so that I could have a good Sheik to practice with.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Yup, there is a new scene developing near me which has resurrected my love for this game. The only reason I quit in the past is because my crew bailed on me and the smash scene here died.

@Cactuar
This isn't so much a Marth question as it's a Sheik question, but I bet you would know the answer. What are the things that Sheik can do that totally takes a dump in Marth's cereal? Like what stuff do you hate the most in the matchup? I've got a friend here that plays Sheik and he doesn't know how to handle my Marth and I'd definitely like to develop his game so that I could have a good Sheik to practice with.
no one quits smash.....ever

Niko45

Smash Master
Its not THAT bad of a matchup, though...
Just really annoying.
Yea I've heard you're really good at it, which is cool. I don't think its unwinnable or anything, just seems to be excessively uphill.

I know I can still get way way better at it so I'm not about to give up on it, but I'm becoming more and more tempted to use fox or puff or something.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I think some people misinterpreted my question xD. I was wanting to hear from a Marth main what they hate about the Sheik v Marth matchup. The more detailed the response the better. I'm trying to improve my friend's Sheik so that I can learn the matchup better.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Sheik doesn't have to approach and she can give you a hard time approaching meanwhile.

Needles are really gay
ftilt and dashattack can hit you out of stuff if you dont time or space accordingly
auto combos
she can edgeguard marth pretty well with needles and ledge invincibility
her legs are very long
unless she doesnt throw out aerials mindlessly it can get very hard to get a grab

Niko45

Smash Master
I think some people misinterpreted my question xD. I was wanting to hear from a Marth main what they hate about the Sheik v Marth matchup. The more detailed the response the better. I'm trying to improve my friend's Sheik so that I can learn the matchup better.
Well what annoys me the most is the disparity in the punish games. Marth has up throw to *make read* to *read DI* to offstage launch where they will surely come back for more. And messing any of that stuff up will lead to Marth now getting punished. Whereas sheik is like dthrow to stuff to KO later on and offstage Marth is a much easier edgeguard than offstage sheik. There is also this huge window from like 110% to 170% where its really really hard for Marth to actually kill sheik if she manages to live that long. It'll then take many hits from neutral position to actually finish her whereas consistently at all percents she can combo you and later on kill you (only ftilt really stops working on Marth at high %). This window gives her great opportunity to catch up if she's behind or extend a lead even further just because its so tedious and annoying to take that stock while the pace of her taking your stocks is never really interrupted.

Top Bottom