• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon's Match-Up Database! | (General Discussion); UPDATED: April 18th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Smash Champion
P3

Snake still has to throw it. >_>

or do the other random crap which takes more frames. :p
So in the end whatever Snake does with his nade is slow.
Right?

And I forgot about Falcon Dive.

lol, I think i'm the only Falcon who really thinks it sucks, exept for reversed Up-B stage recovering. :psycho:

Player-3

Smash Hero
nah falcon dive isnt that bad, its bad though

its useful for things like using your double jump in the air, then right before you land throwing it out there before the guy camping in his shield punishes you

sh + dj nair > up b is funny when it hits like that lol

also
yeah he has to throw it or drop it with his shield, i was just saying it pulls on frame 1 :p

D

Deleted member

Go falcon boards, use dont go to tournaments and claim you know tons about the snake matchup against good snakes!

:D

Almost everyone here is either: its 50:50 falcon is a pro character, or: Falcon has no options DACUS ***** falcon, because we dont know how to fight good snakes.

Its really not a super intense complicated matchup. Bait foward tilts, dont attack his shield when he has a nade or with anything except like up air, bair and jab, grab a buttload, especially when he has a nade, pivot grabs are good if you expect a spotdodge.

Seriously, not that hard, especially compared to like MK (who is not 90:10 btw, falcon doesnt have anything worse than maybe 25:75 if that).

+1 post count
Edit: woo im a smash master, hurray for trolling character boards

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
let me add that you can stop snake dacus with a jab. and jab to upb works wonder on snake. the less effective attack in this matchup are raptor boost, and falcon kick. they will put you in the position for the ftilt. and up throw also works wonder on snake

Salem

Smash Champion
let me add that you can stop snake dacus with a jab. and jab to upb works wonder on snake. the less effective attack in this matchup are raptor boost, and falcon kick. they will put you in the position for the ftilt. and up throw also works wonder on snake
Thats right.

U-Throw ***** Snake. :p

At higher percentages we should go for a D-throw then?

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I would love to fight Falcon's that say this matchup is 50:50 or 60:40 with my very own Snake.

This is just unbelievable. There's no point in me or Knee trying to shed some light on the matchup, when you guys are turning your backs to it, and deeming it false.

Snake has:

Standard Attacks (A Button)
Full Jump Nair
Short Hop Dair
Any Jump Bair
Utilt
Ftilt
Least used, but Dtilt
Jab, which can actually kill you at higher percents

Smash Attacks

Upsmash
DACUS
Fsmash, punishing a predictable Falcon, and taking one stock on demand.
Dsmash, for stage control

Specials (B Button)

Grenades, camping and stage control
C-4, stage control
Cypher, high recovery+super armor
Nikita, rarely used, but for camping and control

Now list Falcon's options. Snake has an entire moveset that's usable in this matchup, and some of you already deem some of Falcon's moves as "not usable" in this matchup or are "very punishable even if they hit", so why would you call a matchup like this, where Falcon has to limit what he uses against someone who can use their entire arsenal a 50:50 or 60:40?

Player-3

Smash Hero
sigh

sacred id fight your snake but itd be pointless for one because its snake vs falcon on wifi which tips the matchup horribly

id still **** though just because i know how to beat snakes lul

and burntsocks is just jealous because im a better troll than him

edit: okay OLO i just read your whole post lemme c/p it in here so i can lul at your statements
I would love to fight Falcon's that say this matchup is 50:50 or 60:40 with my very own Snake.

JAB?
LOL
if you think jab is going to kill you you have no idea abotu snakes current metagame

dtilt sucks lmao

ftilt for the standard stuff

utilt of course

dair?
just shield it.. lol

bair slow, punishable, just stage in front of snake and dont in run and punish him with up b in the air or a grab when he lands

cypher is part of the reason this matchup is not as bad as you think, falcon ***** snake in his cypher
you can do ANYTHING
knee, dair, RB spike, falcon dive (**** at low percents)

grenades are still useful, but nowhere near as useful as they normally are since falcon is so fast snake rarely has any time to cook one, and even then falcons fast so its not hard to dodge them, they do put good stage control though, but if falcon gets snake into the air he can use the nades because snake most likely will not strip it from him

c4 doesnt affect falcon much besides if snake somehow manages to push him into a corner (should NOT happen) since falcons fast enough that he can just not get hit by it. lol

snakes dsmash is really just useless since the only time snake has to plant it is when you die, and then you can just activate it while invincible

LOL FSMASH?
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

usmash no, laggy and punishable easily unless hes edgeguarding you with it
dacus yes, gets snake away fairly well but very telegraphed easy to predict and punish, etc
I.E- snake drops a nade he pulls while your approaching, so you grab it and toss it backwards and he snakedashes into it
works more than snake would like

nikita?
LOL if snakes uses nikita falcon gets a free hit, /discussion on that

Player-3

Smash Hero
sorry sacred but that post was lulzy

nikita? really?
cypher as an ADVANTAGE for snake?
dsmash? lul

you didnt even put grab in there which is what REALLY makes this matchup ugh, dthrow is GAAAY

no hate im just saying your doinitrong or playing too much wifi snakes

oh right falcons moves

uair (obv)
grab, dthrow, uthrow at low %s
bair
nair
YOUUUUU TILT MUTHER ****ER
falcon dive ***** in this matchup, well not ****.. but its good
dash attack sucks **** dont use it
usmash for when you pull that pro shieldbreak combo on snake
knee for killing snake at less than 100 offstage from his cypher
running really fast
flying through the air really fast
jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabj
Z catch
instant throw
dtilt is useful for punishing spotdodge, hitbox lasts a decent amount of time and pops snake into the air in a bad posotion for him to be in

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
P-3 you seriously have no Snake matchup experience, and if you do, it's against rookies.

Snake can use his entire arsenal to his advantage, and if you think Snake's jab can't kill, then you're not playing the same Brawl I'm playing.

I can't even lol at your posts, because it's sad at how much you underrate and don't actually know about this matchup, and how you're simply applying personal experiences in a discussion that's supposed talk about both characters being played at their peak or with two players of considerably equal skill.

NO MATCHUP WITH TWO DIFFERENT CHARACTERS, WHO HAVE TWO DIFFERENT PLAYSTYLES WILL EVER BE 50:50!

25:75 :snake:

Player-3

Smash Hero
i am the best falcon, so i am always playing at the peak of falcons metagame

stupid scrub, personal experience applys

and your the one playing wifi snake and applying it to a matchup LOL SERIOUSLY NIKITA AND DSMASH?

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
"i am the best falcon, so i am always playing at the peak of falcons metagame

stupid scrub, personal experience applys", said Player-3

Player-3

Smash Hero
its obviously true dont you know anything

tell me WHY nikita and dsmash are useful at all in this matchup, along with why C4 ***** falcon sooo badlly

and the jab thing was because why would a snake kill you with jab when he can jab > utilt at much earlier %s

seriously lol

and also

i highly doubt largelous snake is bad. considering hes the second best luigi i doubt his snake is all that horrible
large = big i dont namedrop

ive played his snake OFFLINE along with many other good snakes OFFLINE who arent near as amazing but they were still quite good, ive played a snake who beat reflex in a OFFLINE TOURNAMENT set and never got 2 stocked, dont give me **** you theorycrafting wifi playing **** muffin **** cheese *** bag douche *** **** **** ***** ******* **** RRAAAGGEEEEe

you also think falcon kick is better than raptor boost so your opinion is null gtfo troll

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
lol, I know enough to tell you that you're far from the best Falcon, and you're not anywhere near as great as you think you are. Judging me because I play wi-fi majority of the time I play competitive Brawl, doesn't make my experience any less than yours. Wi-fi is the reason I'm as good as I am today, and you think that's something against me? You're apparently the one who knows nothing. Ally was the best Snake on Wi-fi and went to offline tourneys and began proving it, and I could do the same thing, when it comes to my skill, but I'm not fortunate enough to attend offline tourneys as often as I would like.

P-3 get at me, when you stop thinking that experience from wi-fi isn't acceptable or good enough to use in a matchup discussion. If you understood what you posted, then you wouldn't post it, but it's fairly to clearly obvious, you don't.

:snake: > :falcon: 25:75 :snake:

Being optimistic won't make this matchup ratio any higher than what's it's supposed to be, realistically. Optimism is the reason you, I, and the rest of the Falcon Boards main Falcon. lrn2MUdiscuss

Player-3

Smash Hero
get trolled

wifi is normally fine for matchup experience, but playing snakes on AiB is normally a bad bad bad thing since NONE of them play like offline snakes do AT ALL since they dont care about learning how to tech chase with down throw, since they can spam neutral b and ftilt and then utilt to win the match, they dont have to worry about getting punished for their lag etc

i wouldnt be arguing like that if you werent describing playing a gaisnt a snake on wifi who abuses wifi tactics, and if he played like that offline would get wrecked so hard his **** would come out his nostril

although i am the best falcon

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Anyone who says this is easier then 35-65 is a fool.

People are quoting speed as the reason that it can somehow be even.

Sonic goes 35-65 and is faster, with more options for getting out of trouble, and a better recovery. You can't use Snake's grenades against him I might add. Nadestripping means if you pick one up, you'll be forced to drop it.

It's a harsh match-up for Falcon. The sooner everyone here realizes that, the sooner you can figure out the very few things Falcon can do to Snake.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i said 60-40 not 50-50 btw

what are you doing in here ike, this isnt wifi go fsmash somewur else

65-35 i would agree with but 80-20 is so worng lawll

technically nidnetnendo btw falcon is faster than sonic

sonic runs faster, but overall falcon is the fastest char in the game i believe
(air speed, dash speed, run speed, etc)

also

MAD ID LIKE TO SEE YOU INFRACT ME FOR CONTRIBUTING
YEAH SON WHAT YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
@P-3, I am the most knowledgeable falcon board regular at the moment. Deal with it :bee:

I did back it up. Just read a few pages back.

80-20 snake. :bee:

And lordhelmet should stop overrating falcons jab, lol.

D

Deleted member

Lol.
P-3 is cool :)
Ima use falcon in tourny and beat a ranked snake :)
Sacr3d S3raph1m wifi doesnt mean anything, if you think you are good ill play you wifi, your falcon vs any of my characters and i will win, and i am awful at this game.

But alas, arguing over who is good is stupid, guilty as charged.

Ok so:
What can snake do when falcon full hops like midrange in front of snake.
All he can do is pull a grenade or shield or do nothing. And this is how falcon has to win the matchup, by seeing how snake will react to certain situations, and then punishing, such as airdodging behind if he grenades and then grabbing and punish from the throw.

I dont care about the number really, but just because you cant do it doesn't mean its a 20:80 matchup.
Snake has far superior options, but falcon really can run circles (not literally) around him, not just because of speed but because of speed combined with like how falcon works.

I dunno, i just think if people really want to start being good with this character, try offline play, try thinking outside the box, and start being creative.

/rant

Salem

Smash Champion
@P-3, I am the most knowledgeable falcon board regular at the moment. Deal with it :bee:

I did back it up. Just read a few pages back.

80-20 snake. :bee:

And lordhelmet should stop overrating falcons jab, lol.
His jab is only good when it hits.
And it'll barely be doing that in this match-up with all the freaking clashing.

Thats why I barely talked about it in the Snake match-up. >_>

Zeallyx

Lol.
P-3 is cool :)
Ima use falcon in tourny and beat a ranked snake :)
Sacr3d S3raph1m wifi doesnt mean anything, if you think you are good ill play you wifi, your falcon vs any of my characters and i will win, and i am awful at this game.

But alas, arguing over who is good is stupid, guilty as charged.

Ok so:
What can snake do when falcon full hops like midrange in front of snake.
All he can do is pull a grenade or shield or do nothing. And this is how falcon has to win the matchup, by seeing how snake will react to certain situations, and then punishing, such as airdodging behind if he grenades and then grabbing and punish from the throw.

I dont care about the number really, but just because you cant do it doesn't mean its a 20:80 matchup.
Snake has far superior options, but falcon really can run circles (not literally) around him, not just because of speed but because of speed combined with like how falcon works.

I dunno, i just think if people really want to start being good with this character, try offline play, try thinking outside the box, and start being creative.

/rant
..yeah bout that..

No.

Snake can:

DACUS
RaR a Bair
Jump too
Set up more explosives for level control
Utilt
nade+shield (solves pretty much everything lol)

And more.

And about beeing more creative, people are working on it. You're not the first with this idea lol.

And falcon still sucks.

With or without offline tourny experience.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
sonic runs faster, but overall falcon is the fastest char in the game i believe
Sonic's Ground speed is faster.
IIRC, his airspeed is also faster.
And Spin Dash makes him even faster on top of all of that, even if I was off on the airspeed. I remember them being right next to each other at least.

EDIT:

And for the record: I secondary Falcon. Used him in a tournament and everything. >_>

And Ike sucks on wifi. I use Falcon over wifi instead of Ike.

Salem

Smash Champion
Sonic's Ground speed is faster.
IIRC, his airspeed is also faster.
And Spin Dash makes him even faster on top of all of that, even if I was off on the airspeed. I remember them being right next to each other at least.

EDIT:

And for the record: I secondary Falcon. Used him in a tournament and everything. >_>

And Ike sucks on wifi. I use Falcon over wifi instead of Ike.
Sonic has more dash attacks...

GGs Sonic.

@Knee:

I'm sorry, but if you think Falcon sucks, you don't know brawl well enough.

D

Deleted member

..yeah bout that..

No.

Snake can:

DACUSCool he put himself in a neutral position. XD
RaR a BairWOW NO GOD SNAKE GETS PUNISHED IF HE DOES THAT.
Jump tooHe shouldnt most of the time
Set up more explosives for level control He can down b, which he can do in almost any position. but downsmash will get fastfalled nair to up b or w/e you want.
UtiltYou arent approaching you just double jumped at mid range.
nade+shield (solves pretty much everything lol)Thats the best option which is why you grab, but yea thats the only reason snake beats falcon

And more.

And about beeing more creative, people are working on it. You're not the first with this idea lol.
I never said i was, whos working on it.
And falcon still sucks.

With or without offline tourny experience.dude its plain ignorance if you think tournaments dont help you because better exponentially, because unless you live in like indiana, you will be playing against good players, instead of wifi snakes who spam punishable stuff. [/COLOR]
Lol falcon boards are so dumb, think that wifi is competative.

For you AiB players, hadesblades is top 25 on ladder with yoshi.
I beat him in an offline MM with falcon. Back when i wasnt 2nding falcon (like 2 weeks ago lol)
Wifi means a ton

Zeallyx

Scrubs are in my toilet.
GGs scrub. lol

But back to being serious.

Falcon IMO is the new mario.
He only sucks if you suck.
Not really man. Falcon has the worst moveset, and the least potential in brawl.

And no one can get something out of a char what isnt in him/her/it.

And falcon may be the new mario, but the problem is all other characters will 'move up' with him.

Falcon is just that bad. No matter how good one is, falcon will always be lacking, especially against characters who live and breath the brawl engine, and the game itself.

D

Deleted member

Do you even play in tournies XD

I think he is, not to place really high in nationals, but i think he can do pretty good and ill get some results to prove it (and i live in socal so its not like id be winning against tons of scrubs xD)

Zeallyx

Do you even play in tournies XD

I think he is, not to place really high in nationals, but i think he can do pretty good and ill get some results to prove it (and i live in socal so its not like id be winning against tons of scrubs xD)
You 've proven my point. (See what I bolded in your post).

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Burnstocks get out. If you think you can beat my Falcon with any of your characters after losing to a Falcon in the Low tier tourney, then you can just get *****.

Wi-fi means something, and does something for those have no greater means of gaining experience, whether or not you accept that is up to you. I don't live in a state full of active smashers, hence the reason you probably took that stab at me in Knee's post. I don't play "scrubs" as you elitists love to say. I either play offline with friends who are into competitive smash, my brothers, or on Wi-fi. Any of those make me a legit player, by any means.

Falcon is not going to win a tournament of over 30 people with the way the metagame has advanced for other characters. It's all about your matchup EXP and your common sense factor(some of you have none). I'd listen to Knee if I were you, only because he knows what he's talking about, and has done more for this board than you have done within your life of trolling.

Falcon is not winning in a match against Snake if both the players are of equal skill. Get over it.

EDIT: The funniest thing is, you ask has Knee played in tournies as though you could tell him something, yet if you've played in tourneys, I've never heard of you or who you main. Seems like we're all on even grounds to me.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Burnstocks get out. If you think you can beat my Falcon with any of your characters after losing to a Falcon in the Low tier tourney, then you can just get *****.

Wi-fi means something, and does something for those have no greater means of gaining experience, whether or not you accept that is up to you. I don't live in a state full of active smashers, hence the reason you probably took that stab at me in Knee's post. I don't play "scrubs" as you elitists love to say. I either play offline with friends who are into competitive smash, my brothers, or on Wi-fi. Any of those make me a legit player, by any means.

Falcon is not going to win a tournament of over 30 people with the way the metagame has advanced for other characters. It's all about your matchup EXP and your common sense factor(some of you have none). I'd listen to Knee if I were you, only because he knows what he's talking about, and has done more for this board than you have done within your life of trolling.

Falcon is not winning in a match against Snake if both the players are of equal skill. Get over it.

EDIT: The funniest thing is, you ask has Knee played in tournies as though you could tell him something, yet if you've played in tourneys, I've never heard of you or who you main. Seems like we're all on even grounds to me.
I agree with S3raphim. You need to get out of our boards, go spam the Link boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom