• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon's Match-Up Database! | (General Discussion); UPDATED: April 18th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Snake is definantly not 50:50! But I do think he's easier than generally considered on this board.

Snake's whole moveset probably go through our highest priority attack, so we really have to be careful in this matchup.

I think you can FF Uair him out of his jab with correct spacing... I'd need to do some testing though

He is probably harder than often said on this board, as people cant understand that the way of playing falcon some say is the most effective, and base their matchups opinions on, work even better for every other character in brawl.

Snake can completely shut down falcon.
Not as well/easy as MK can, but snake can do it too. No doubt.

One has to be better at this game to win in this matchup (when playing as falcon).

80-20 snake's advantage. (MK = 90-10, MK's advantage.)

Yes.

And Snake's jab is annoying, you'll basicly go into a clash fight no matter what you do unless you actually land an air attack on him.

You don't seem to understand the matchup.

Said clash fight will never occur. Ever.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I'm with Knee.

In order to even be on par with any Snake player as Falcon, you have to be in and out. Staying inside of Snake's area will result in you taking unnecessary damage.

Snake shut's Falcon down way too easily, with his vast assortment of explosives. Snake's smashes can be combo'd and done in ways Falcon wouldn't be able to handle. Snake's tilts have as much priority as your smash attacks, and possibly Falcon Punch. It's ridiculous at how bad you have to work to even come close to winning this match-up.

Falcon's known way of attacking is by getting in close, which any player of any skill level should know. Snake can just Nade-shield any of Falcon's attacks. Falcon's grab is slow, and he can be Ftilted the moment it's seen coming, which is the majority of the fight.

Sooo many disadvantages that I can't list nor do I want to talk about them all.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I'm with Knee.

In order to even be on par with any Snake player as Falcon, you have to be in and out. Staying inside of Snake's area will result in you taking unnecessary damage.

Snake shut's Falcon down way too easily, with his vast assortment of explosives. Snake's smashes can be combo'd and done in ways Falcon wouldn't be able to handle. Snake's tilts have as much priority as your smash attacks, and possibly Falcon Punch. It's ridiculous at how bad you have to work to even come close to winning this match-up.

Falcon's known way of attacking is by getting in close, which any player of any skill level should know. Snake can just Nade-shield any of Falcon's attacks. Falcon's grab is slow, and he can be Ftilted the moment it's seen coming, which is the majority of the fight.

Use jab

10chars

lordhelmet

Smash Master
You should stay out of this matchup discussion. As you don't know anything about this matchup at all.

Thanks in advance.
Lol, w/e you say Knee.

Jab ***** Snake if you know when and how to use it. Uair is good agianst Snake in the air and on the ground, if he's grounded try FF uair-ing to the point where CF's legs sweep in front of him and don't go behind his body.

But really, you don't have much in this match-up. You have to be a lot better and smarter than the Snake. The normal strategy of being on their *** 24/7 doesn't work against Snake, unless you're in the air. CF absolutely ***** Snake offstage, that's why I would say 70-30 Snake's advantage.

Even ask Chirp, I **** Snakes in dubzzz.

Chirp

Smash Apprentice
Lol, w/e you say Knee.

Jab ***** Snake if you know when and how to use it. Uair is good agianst Snake in the air and on the ground, if he's grounded try FF uair-ing to the point where CF's legs sweep in front of him and don't go behind his body.

But really, you don't have much in this match-up. You have to be a lot better and smarter than the Snake. The normal strategy of being on their *** 24/7 doesn't work against Snake, unless you're in the air. CF absolutely ***** Snake offstage, that's why I would say 70-30 Snake's advantage.

Chirp approves :]

Zeallyx

Lol, w/e you say Knee.

Again, please stay out of this discussion as you don't seem to fully understand this matchup.

Snake's jab>Our jab. Range wise and knockback wise.
The range beeing important in particular.

When snake is grounded, he will not be close to you. DACUS lets him escape, his explosives let him control, and his bair>all falcons aerials.

Also, when you enter close combat, you will eat something.
Either a nade, a DACUS, a tilt or a Bair. No question.

Falcons jab is good for a falcon move, yes, but as falcon is the standard of suck in brawl, you can do the math.

And when snake recovers high falcon cant touch him.
The situation you are talking about doesnt happen nearly as much as you imply.

Falcons jab doesnt **** snake at all. Even if you 'know how and when to use it.'

And your own experience doesnt really matter.
Snake can and will shut down falcon in competitive play.

80-20, snake's advantage.

D

Deleted member

35:65 imo.
Falcon can really put the pressure on snake and force him into making mistakes. The main thing that tilts the match hugely is just his foward tilt out of shield.
Such big punishment.

We can edgeguard the **** out of him though if we get him in a bad position.

Player-3

Smash Hero
He is probably harder than often said on this board, as people cant understand that the way of playing falcon some say is the most effective, and base their matchups opinions on, work even better for every other character in brawl.

Snake can completely shut down falcon.
Not as well/easy as MK can, but snake can do it too. No doubt.

One has to be better at this game to win in this matchup (when playing as falcon).

80-20 snake's advantage. (MK = 90-10, MK's advantage.)

You don't seem to understand the matchup.

Said clash fight will never occur. Ever.
I'm with Knee.

You should stay out of this matchup discussion. As you don't know anything about this matchup at all.

Thanks in advance.
Again, please stay out of this discussion as you don't seem to fully understand this matchup.

Snake's jab>Our jab. Range wise and knockback wise.
The range beeing important in particular.

When snake is grounded, he will not be close to you. DACUS lets him escape, his explosives let him control, and his bair>all falcons aerials.

Also, when you enter close combat, you will eat something.
Either a nade, a DACUS, a tilt or a Bair. No question.

Falcons jab is good for a falcon move, yes, but as falcon is the standard of suck in brawl, you can do the math.

And when snake recovers high falcon cant touch him.
The situation you are talking about doesnt happen nearly as much as you imply.

Falcons jab doesnt **** snake at all. Even if you 'know how and when to use it.'

And your own experience doesnt really matter.
Snake can and will shut down falcon in competitive play.

80-20, snake's advantage.
lol, you guys are dumb

Falcon 45:55 Snake

A good Snake player can make the things hard but i dont look this match up imposible
this

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
WTF?!

Why are you all so dilusional about this match-up?

I've got lots of experience in this match-up, but that doesn't make my opinion right, Lordy.

Snake has his entire arsenal to approach with, and do what he wants at any given time. We as Falcon players must cautiously approach him, and use as many lagless attacks as possible, and must learn to run away or roll away before Snake can manage a retaliatory attack against us. His tilts have more range than anything, and if any Snake ever wanted to be cheap, they could Ftilt you to deal all the damage, and finish you with a Utilt. Snake's OoS ***** Falcon, because guess what it consists of... tilts. Ftilt and Utilt OoS will run you up and down. If you don't believe me, then fight someone good, like Susa, Blast, Infern Angelis, Renegade or ... another good Snake main.

If Falcon wants to approach Snake, which he is forced to do in this matchup, he needs to approach with either a grab or a SHFFUair, which can easily be covered up by a shield if Snake shields the attack. You have to create a pattern Snake's defense, in order to get in and hit him with anything, or catch him while he's in the air, where he's fairly vulnerable to a lot of Falcon's attacks. Most Snake's will not allow Falcon to continue to **** him while he's using his Cypher, and will most likely use it high up, and rain down explosives.

80-20 :snake: or 75-25 :snake:

I'm not going any lower than that on Snake's advantage. He's too strong, and one of the heaviest characters in the game. You're moves will begin to get stale, and his DI or SDI doesn't. Falcon's screwed, and so I suggest changing to a secondary if you have one. lrn2secondary

Player-3

Smash Hero
WTF?!

Why are you all so dilusional about this match-up?

I've got lots of experience in this match-up, but that doesn't make my opinion right, Lordy.

Snake has his entire arsenal to approach with, and do what he wants at any given time. We as Falcon players must cautiously approach him, and use as many lagless attacks as possible, and must learn to run away or roll away before Snake can manage a retaliatory attack against us. His tilts have more range than anything, and if any Snake ever wanted to be cheap, they could Ftilt you to deal all the damage, and finish you with a Utilt. Snake's OoS ***** Falcon, because guess what it consists of... tilts. Ftilt and Utilt OoS will run you up and down. If you don't believe me, then fight someone good, like Susa, Blast, Infern Angelis, Renegade or ... another good Snake main.

If Falcon wants to approach Snake, which he is forced to do in this matchup, he needs to approach with either a grab or a SHFFUair, which can easily be covered up by a shield if Snake shields the attack. You have to create a pattern Snake's defense, in order to get in and hit him with anything, or catch him while he's in the air, where he's fairly vulnerable to a lot of Falcon's attacks. Most Snake's will not allow Falcon to continue to **** him while he's using his Cypher, and will most likely use it high up, and rain down explosives.

80-20 :snake: or 75-25 :snake:

I'm not going any lower than that on Snake's advantage. He's too strong, and one of the heaviest characters in the game. You're moves will begin to get stale, and his DI or SDI doesn't. Falcon's screwed, and so I suggest changing to a secondary if you have one. lrn2secondary
falcons fast enough to force snake to a ledge unless you CP him to battlefield or smashville for some reason, and when snakes offstage that is EASY EASY EASY DAMAGE or even a KILL, UP b him , side b him, knee him, nipple dair or dair him, do whatever you want to him

sure you get spanked onstage, but snakes offstage game is pretty bad, so recovering isnt hard, whereas he gets wrecked when recovering by falcon, and falcons fairly heavy so you should only be worried about utilts, and falcon can survive vertical attacks pretty good so you shouldnt be dying from a utilt till around... 130-40%(?)

falcons UP B (geez sacred i thought you of all people would realize this) wrecks snake, since if your running at him they like to nade pull > shield so when you hit it it goes boom, free 17% guuize, and it puts them in the air which is always good agianst snake.

uair traps **** snake greatly, dont uair uair uair uair, uair him a few times then clear out for the bair or airdodge and run back in and up b or hyphen smash

falcon can force snake to the edge pretty well considering how fast he moves and has nothing to pull out such as bananas or anything, so you can run straight in and begin the pressure

just dont be stupid and run in to eat an ftilt or a jab ftilt, for lulz you can do a shff nair and end just before him so he tries to ftilt then you can utilt his hands

60-60 imo

srsly, some of you need to L2DI for gods sake, i played a couple of you yesterday and i was playing really bad, and i was still living to like 30-40% higher than you when i got hit with the same moves you guys were dying from, i tried to give tips but only lord helmet listened really.

chirps pretty good though, too inconsistent since he beat me a few times then i started 2 stocking him for some reason dunno what happened

lordhelmet

Smash Master
falcons fast enough to force snake to a ledge unless you CP him to battlefield or smashville for some reason, and when snakes offstage that is EASY EASY EASY DAMAGE or even a KILL, UP b him , side b him, knee him, nipple dair or dair him, do whatever you want to him

sure you get spanked onstage, but snakes offstage game is pretty bad, so recovering isnt hard, whereas he gets wrecked when recovering by falcon, and falcons fairly heavy so you should only be worried about utilts, and falcon can survive vertical attacks pretty good so you shouldnt be dying from a utilt till around... 130-40%(?)

falcons UP B (geez sacred i thought you of all people would realize this) wrecks snake, since if your running at him they like to nade pull > shield so when you hit it it goes boom, free 17% guuize, and it puts them in the air which is always good agianst snake.

uair traps **** snake greatly, dont uair uair uair uair, uair him a few times then clear out for the bair or airdodge and run back in and up b or hyphen smash

falcon can force snake to the edge pretty well considering how fast he moves and has nothing to pull out such as bananas or anything, so you can run straight in and begin the pressure

just dont be stupid and run in to eat an ftilt or a jab ftilt, for lulz you can do a shff nair and end just before him so he tries to ftilt then you can utilt his hands

This, except I think it's 65-35 or 70-30

--------------------------------------------

P3 said I am a rollcario

Edit: ****, I just lost to Chirp in a tournament

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Snake would be camping and shutting down Falcon's predictable approach. How can these be close, and the offstage **** doesn't matter cause it's hard to approach him anyways.

And Snake's tilts ***** with the range, speed and priority. Snake has easier time killing, more range, camping... it's 70-30 or worse because it's hard to reach him.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Snake would be camping and shutting down Falcon's predictable approach. How can these be close, and the offstage **** doesn't matter cause it's hard to approach him anyways.

And Snake's tilts ***** with the range, speed and priority. Snake has easier time killing, more range, camping... it's 70-30 or worse because it's hard to reach him.
did you read my post

its NOT hard to reach snake, your fast, snake has to cook his nades for them to be effective at camping falcon, and you are FAST.... THEREFORE REDUCING COOKING TIME
??????

plus mortarslides are telegraphed as balls so yeah

Player-3

Smash Hero
k

someone prove me wrong

SuSa no super theory craft bros

ill allow theory craft bros, super theory craft bros is too fat

Player-3

Smash Hero
then yeah
your pro

snake consists of one move
ftilt ftilt ftilt

i played snake on wifi before w/o using explosives (no nades, no c4 , no c4 for recovering) and STILL WON
hes so good

Zeallyx

k

someone prove me wrong

SuSa no super theory craft bros

ill allow theory craft bros, super theory craft bros is too fat

DACUS and he's on the other side of the stage again.
This, amongst so many other reasons it isnt even funny.

And even when you're close, snake can shut falcon down.

80-20, Snake's advantage.

And calling me dumb while you dont understand this matchup at all is rather dumb.

You underrate snake to a level its down right scrubbish.

Edit:
wow, saying snake only consists of Ftilt shows you do not understand snake's Metagame, and how he can shut down falcon, for that matter, at all.

Player-3

Smash Hero
DACUS and he's on the other side of the stage again.
This, amongst so many other reasons it isnt even funny.

And even when you're close, snake can shut falcon down.

80-20, Snake's advantage.

And calling me dumb while you dont understand this matchup at all is rather dumb.

You underrate snake to a level its down right scrubbish.

Edit:
wow, saying snake only consists of Ftilt shows you do not understand snake's Metagame, and how he can shut down falcon, for that matter, at all.
LOL

wow bro what happened to your sense of humor

ftilt was a joke, yet i pull it off.
i know his metagame im just saying how broken he is

and calling you dumb was a trolling attempt.
jesus

yeah
exactly
he dacus's to the other side of the stage
THATS MY POINT
YOU KNOW WHEN HES GOING TO DACUS

PUNISH HIM

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
As ToKneeOrnotToKnee said Falcon has hard time hitting Snake. I mean, if Falcon gets too close to Snake, Snake can DACUS to other side and continue camping Falcon. Snake will camp CF hard and he is hard to reach as I said before. I ***** a Falcon with Snake by very heavy camping.

This matchup is clearly a matchup which Falcon should take a secondary. It sucks for Falcon. Snake has lots of tools to **** Falcon. Falcon sucks because his aerials weird hitboxes makes hard to hit the opponent while his grounded attacks and specials are situational.

Zeallyx

LOL

wow bro what happened to your sense of humor

ftilt was a joke, yet i pull it off.
i know his metagame im just saying how broken he is

and calling you dumb was a trolling attempt.
jesus

yeah
exactly
he dacus's to the other side of the stage
THATS MY POINT
YOU KNOW WHEN HES GOING TO DACUS

PUNISH HIM
Knowing when he will DACUS doesnt help you when there's nothing you can do about it. (You can FK him out of his DACUS, but thats too risky, and as you say he DACUS' when close to you, FK wont do any good either.)

Falcon cant punish a snake DACUSing away. He just cant. And in the best scenario for falcon, falcon will eat a grenade.

And a trolling attempt doesnt make you the one who has the right to say 'jesus'.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Random advices time :

-aerial FK beats the mortar.
-Never EVER roll behind Snake, ftilt always win.
-Use a lot of non-hitting FH Nairs, Uairs and Bairs to bait a reaction.
-Try to just stay out of his tilt range and wait, it's a zone where Snake hasn't as many safe options as usual.
-Know the timer for the nades so that you can throw them back when they're not perfectly cooked, and don't forget to use the JC glide toss. But be aware that Snake can make you drop the nade just by pulling another one out and shielding.

Else it's pretty easy to know who has the advantage in this matchup : Snake has the range, the projectiles, the weight, the powerful+fast attacks and the recovery (seriously if he's doing it right (ie always staying offscreen) you can't touch him).
Falcon's only advantages are the ground and aerial speed, the offstage game and the fact that his aerials are lagless.

I'd say 30:70.

Edit : Yeah, we can also sum up every falcon matchup by "pick a secondary". But Falcon mains don't have secondaries.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Teluobprg, about ground speed I'm not that sure because Snake's DACUS can make him move very fast (though CF runs far faster). But I do agree about air speed.

Snake's aerials are laggier but all have very high damage and knockback (though they have heavy landing lag and ending lag).

It's 30/70 or worse, but not better than 30/70.

Salem

Smash Champion
Knee...
Don't act like you own the captain falcon boards, please...

Anyway. :p

This is another 50-50.
Maybe even in his or our favor slightly, but thats stage dependant.

It depends on Snake more though, in the end.

His DACUS can be punished up close and far away, you can pretty much clash his DACUS with falcon kick if you expect it, thats where the real fight begins.

Theres something with the nades you can use to destroy snake...
Oh!

It's Snake's nade drop AT, if you get the first nade try to always get close enough to him just outside F-tilt range, if he doesn't nade drop you throw it at him, you could also have Falcon Kicked and got him and you into the air by blowing eachother up.

In this fight you'll want to Z-catch these nades, they're your only weapon in defeating him besides Snake's own C4 which you shouldn't get hit by anyway and his claymore which you should always hit him into.

Obviously always ban BF against him unless you know how to use the platforms to your advantage.

If you D-throw Snake you can pretty much get him offstage depending on what moves you use in that sequence.
I use N-air most of the time as U-air is almost always air dodged and N-air is basicly two sex kicks air dodge ******.

Never air dodge into Snake even if you have to get on stage, if you see him running back and is about to grab use the better options...
Raptor Boost and Falcon Kick, heck even Falcon dive if you can get to the other side but then you might as well air dodged cause he has the chance to DACUS you, unless of course you reach the ledge...

Use F-air, U-air or N-air to destroy those motars.

Snake's b-air is barely dangerous, stay infront of him if he's doing anything to recover.
Remember the C4 reversal and Nade reversal making him not face you, you can Knee him or U-air him if you see this but be quick or you'll obviously eat a b-air.

If Snake is recovering low for the ledge edge hog him.
If he recover's just a bit above you and he dares air dodges infront of you grab him, and if he's just slightly above your head and air dodges over you pivot grab him and watch him drop to his doom.
You could always also U-air Snake Up-B while he's far enough off stage bunches of times cause the cypher most of the times knocks you back on stage.
If he trys to use the C4 to recover, jump low and above him and footstool jump him, or if you feel lucky D-air.

SDI Snake's N-air and B-air or D-air him.

DI behind Snake if you get F-tilted, you almost always get behind him for some reason by doing that.

Punish U-tilt with Raptor Boost if PSed or you could use your dash attack.

Our U-tilt beats Snake's first F-tilt (?) it either clashes or Snake gets hit, or we get hit if we are more farther away at some point.

Clashing with Snake is the hardest fight cause you're up close to him now, you have to expect ANYTHING, hope you aren't in grab range and clash Snake's moves enough till just mid away from him, shield the rest of his moves and punish.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Knee...

Anyway. :p

This is another 50-50.
Maybe even in his or our favor slightly, but thats stage dependant.

It depends on Snake more though, in the end.

His DACUS can be punished up close and far away, you can pretty much clash his DACUS with falcon kick if you expect it, thats where the real fight begins.

Theres something with the nades you can use to destroy snake...
Oh!

It's Snake's nade drop AT, if you get the first nade try to always get close enough to him just outside F-tilt range, if he doesn't nade drop you throw it at him, you could also have Falcon Kicked and got him and you into the air by blowing eachother up.

In this fight you'll want to Z-catch these nades, they're your only weapon in defeating him besides Snake's own C4 which you shouldn't get hit by anyway and his claymore which you should always hit him into.

Obviously always ban BF against him unless you know how to use the platforms to your advantage.

If you D-throw Snake you can pretty much get him offstage depending on what moves you use in that sequence.
I use N-air most of the time as U-air is almost always air dodged and N-air is basicly two sex kicks air dodge ******.

Never air dodge into Snake even if you have to get on stage, if you see him running back and is about to grab use the better options...
Raptor Boost and Falcon Kick, heck even Falcon dive if you can get to the other side but then you might as well air dodged cause he has the chance to DACUS you, unless of course you reach the ledge...

Use F-air, U-air or N-air to destroy those motars.

Snake's b-air is barely dangerous, stay infront of him if he's doing anything to recover.
Remember the C4 reversal and Nade reversal making him not face you, you can Knee him or U-air him if you see this but be quick or you'll obviously eat a b-air.

If Snake is recovering low for the ledge edge hog him.
If he recover's just a bit above you and he dares air dodges infront of you grab him, and if he's just slightly above your head and air dodges over you pivot grab him and watch him drop to his doom.
You could always also U-air Snake Up-B while he's far enough off stage bunches of times cause the cypher most of the times knocks you back on stage.
If he trys to use the C4 to recover, jump low and above him and footstool jump him, or if you feel lucky D-air.

SDI Snake's N-air and B-air or D-air him.

DI behind Snake if you get F-tilted, you almost always get behind him for some reason by doing that.

Punish U-tilt with Raptor Boost if PSed or you could use your dash attack.

Our U-tilt beats Snake's first F-tilt (?) it either clashes or Snake gets hit, or we get hit if we are more farther away at some point.

Clashing with Snake is the hardest fight cause you're up close to him now, you have to expect ANYTHING, hope you aren't in grab range and clash Snake's moves enough till just mid away from him, shield the rest of his moves and punish.
If Snake shields Falcon Kick (making grenades blow up) Falcon will take the damage of it while Snake takes nothing. Also you can't throw back cooked grenades.

Really can you punish a shielded up tilt with side b? I think it's too slow for that.
And CF's up tilt is slow, Snake's ftilt is lighting fast.

Good Snakes will never recover low if it's possible to recover high, so it's situational.

30/70 Snake's favour or worse because of not only because of Snake's camping, but also other things like his titls that makes CF have a hard time hitting Snake.

Do NOT underestimate Snake, there are very good reasons why he is 2nd in the tier list.

Player-3

Smash Hero
sigh

all your points are extremely redundant and you dont really back them up
you just say
oh snakes broken he shuts falcon down etc etc etc
i dont neccesarily agree on 50-50 it seems steep.... but 60-40 or so imo

Zeallyx

Knee...
I do though. I'm the most knowledgeable poster here.

sigh

all your points are extremely redundant and you dont really back them up
you just say
oh snakes broken he shuts falcon down etc etc etc
i dont neccesarily agree on 50-50 it seems steep.... but 60-40 or so imo
I backed it up. Just read back.

Salem

Smash Champion
If Snake shields Falcon Kick (making grenades blow up) Falcon will take the damage of it while Snake takes nothing. Also you can't throw back cooked grenades.

Really can you punish a shielded up tilt with side b? I think it's too slow for that.
And CF's up tilt is slow, Snake's ftilt is lighting fast.

Good Snakes will never recover low if it's possible to recover high, so it's situational.

30/70 Snake's favour or worse because of not only because of Snake's camping, but also other things like his titls that makes CF have a hard time hitting Snake.

Do NOT underestimate Snake, there are very good reasons why he is 2nd in the tier list.
Don't underestimate Falcon's speed, a cooked nade can't do nothing if Snake's already face to face with Falcon and he's getting hit with a N-air as the kick is usually way to high to get touched by the nade.

N-air is very safe in this match-up, espcially ones that go behind.

I also forgot about OOS D-tilt, I think it hits Snake even after both F-tilts been landed on the shield.
But thats from normal range.
Broken range now is diffrent and you aren't gonna hit him. lol

And I said if he doesn't nade drop, if he nade drops he'll obviously be shielding, duh. lol
So if he throws it he's gonna get hit by the Falcon Kick/blown up.

But Falcon has to stay mid range most of the time during the whole fight.

And Raptor boost is way too slow maybe, but thats why you have faster options, Dash attack and maybe U-air/N-air.

The nade throw is also slow.
And let me add that pulling out a nade is also slow by itself...

Saying Snake's F-tilt is lightning fast is SO over dramatization. >_>

Recovering high will allow you to pivot grab him or U-air him while he's coming down.

Heck, even Salmon Smash will get him if angled down and into the spot he's landing.

Falcon doesn't have to let Snake land if he doesn't want him to...
I've used Falcon enough against good Snake's to know how the match-up goes.

It's all about Snake... @_@

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Don't underestimate Falcon's speed, a cooked nade can't do nothing if Snake's already face to face with Falcon and he's getting hit with a N-air as the kick is usually way to high to get touched by the nade.

I also forgot about OOS D-tilt, I think it hits Snake even after both F-tilts been landed on the shield.

And I said if he doesn't nade drop, if he nade drops he'll obviously be shielding, duh. lol

And Raptor boost is way too slow maybe, but thats why you have faster options, Dash attack and maybe U-air/N-air.

Recovering high will allow you to pivot grab him or U-air him while he's coming down.

Heck, even Salmon Smash will get him if angled down and into the spot he's landing.

It's prediction if CF can hit Snake while coming down after recovering.
About speed of ftilt, i meant the start up of the knee is faster than the human reaction.

Salem

Smash Champion
It's prediction if CF can hit Snake while coming down after recovering.
About speed of ftilt, i meant the start up of the knee is faster than the human reaction.
Prediction? :confused:

Falcon can just full hop U-air then fast fall as Snake get's mid way down and got off his cypher forcing him to air dodge or get hit by the U-air, or do the dumb blow yourself up trick which just puts him higher into the air.

Afterwards is obvious, theres only pretty much grab for Falcon to use if Snake air dodges the U-air, as i'm pretty sure you can DI infront of Snake or behind after the U-air and then grab him due to Snake being able to barely go anywhere.

Though Snake does have one thing there that he can use to escape.
Footstool jump off of Falcon's U-air. >_>

Timing is BS though and thats the only real prediction.
And i'm pretty sure of the stuff I said above, I tried it and it works.

And F-tilt being faster then human reaction?
Frames please. :dizzy:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
First hit of Snake's ftilt hits on frame 4-5, it's like 0.02 sec slower than falcon's jab.

Teluobprg, about ground speed I'm not that sure because Snake's DACUS can make him move very fast.
Yes, but it's not as versatile as running since Snake can't cancel it. I should have written mobility instead of speed.

In this matchup Falcon should be spamming his aerials as much as Snake spams his tilts and specials. Like 90% of the moves you show in a match should be aerials.
Rest is 9% of jab/grabs and 1% of tilts.

For stages recommandations I'd say be aware of the ceiling and the stage contrast.
The ceilling because most of the time you'll get killed by a utilt.
The stage contrast because it makes Snake's explosives even more annoying.

And for the ratio 60-40 would mean Snake is not harder than ZSS. I don't think it makes any sense.

Salem

Smash Champion
First hit of Snake's ftilt hits on frame 4-5, it's like 0.02 sec slower than falcon's jab.

Yes, but it's not as versatile as running since Snake can't cancel it. I should have written mobility instead of speed.

In this matchup Falcon should be spamming his aerials as much as Snake spams his tilts and specials. Like 90% of the moves you show in a match should be aerials.
Rest is 9% of jab/grabs and 1% of tilts.

For stages recommandations I'd say be aware of the ceiling and the stage contrast.
The ceilling because most of the time you'll get killed by a utilt.
The stage contrast because it makes Snake's explosives even more annoying.

And for the ratio 60-40 would mean Snake is not harder than ZSS. I don't think it makes any sense.
Hm... yet I can react to his F-tilt more then Falcon's Jab, I need vids though and the sad thing is I can't cause i'm not even allowed to save anything. >_>
Oh well...

ZSS can **** Falcon with D-smash thats why.
And She can U-air Juggle him to death.

Falcon also owns Snake pretty much offstage.

Thats why.
Snake is just annoying, ZSS is a harder cause of her more physical haxed range she has and being able to do a little bit better in the air for some reason.

And she pretty much has an even, air and ground game.

Unlike Snake...

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Unlike Snake that lives forever, can recover from high up thanks to the C4 and fall back on the stage in a rain of B-reversed explosives.
And even if he's not comfortable in the air his aerials hurt a lot and he punishes way harder when your approach is too easy to read.

And talking about hacked range : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVUh9p8wo38#t=2m14s

You can react on the second hit of ftilt if Snake delays it, but the first hit can only be avoided by prediction, not reaction.

Player-3

Smash Hero
I do though. I'm the most knowledgeable poster here.
i really, honestly, hope you are trolling because if your not then you might truly be stupid

I backed it up. Just read back.
no
you said
"falcon just gets ***** by dacus"
<_<

pulling a nade out is frame 1, so its not slow lol, but cooking it is hella slow
falcons the fastest overall character in the game, keeping snake from cooking nades should be easy

if snake has a nade, all he can do is shield(into spotdodge, roll, etc), jump or throw it.
guess what covers two/three of these options
FALCON DIIIVEEEeeeeafeafefea

guess what covers shielding
pivot grabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom