• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon's Match-Up Database! | (General Discussion); UPDATED: April 18th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Tier list order please. Wario should be next.

Every other match-up thread (to my knowledge) has gone willie-nillie. And guess what, they died.

Player-3

Smash Hero
the More I Play The Falcon Vs. Snake Mu, The More I Realize That Falcon Can Indeed **** Snake. Take His *** To Battlefield And **** Him Royally On The Platforms Or Coutnerpick Him To Lylat, Where He Will Still Get ***** Royally On Platforms.

(pseudo Combo) Fthrow -> Buffered Dash -> Upsmash @ 0-20%

Works Wonders On An Unsuspecting Snake, And Has An Okay To Meh About Of Pushback If Shielded In Time. It's Something To Take Into Consideration If You Want To Keep Pressure On Snake.

I've Learned That Falcon Has Amazing Pressure Game On Snake, And If Done Right Will Give Him No Room For Setting Up His Wall-o-explosives And Camping You To Death. You Can't Camp Someone If They're In Your Face The Entire Fight, Which Is Something Falcon Is All About. Snake's Got Many Tools At His Disposal From Grenades To Tilts, But Against Someone As Fast And As Agile As Falcon, I Don't Think He Can Hold His Own Too Long, Before He's Put In The Air, Where He Can And Will Catch A Double Koj. <3 U Darky. Lolz On Brinstar.
NO WAY

OH MY GOD, YOU MEAN THE GUY WHO PLACES 13THISH WITH FALCON CONSISITENTLY WAS RIGHT ABOUT THE SNAKE MATCHUP WHICH HE KNOWS VERY WELL?
NO ****ING WAY OH MY GOD

i

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
NO WAY

OH MY GOD, YOU MEAN THE GUY WHO PLACES 13THISH WITH FALCON CONSISITENTLY WAS RIGHT ABOUT THE SNAKE MATCHUP WHICH HE KNOWS VERY WELL?
NO ****ING WAY OH MY GOD

i
13th out of what?

Go listen to some Nelly - #1. That song will help you understand what matters when it comes to numbers.

This is just a fairly simple MU for Falcon.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Yeah, try to keep the discussion going.

I'm really sorry for the inactivity too; quite a few things have piled up on me one after another IRL this past week, so I've been slacking quite a bit with the brawl updates. Don't mean to keep you all waiting, but someone (Slader7) finally offered to help with the summaries. If anyone else wants to make one of their own for the match-ups we discuss, feel free to send it to me via private message and I'll include it (or quote it) under the character's discussion in the Original Post so it seems "Match-Up Thread" viable.

Just try to base it on what was said, and the final conclusion. Not just from your OWN personal opinions, if you do decide to send one to me. Again, apologies for not being around to update it sooner.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Good enough.

If you guys want, I'll get the Falcon vs. Yoshi matchup thread going. :yoshi:

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yoshi is Low-Tier, though... :yoshi:

We still have the matchup thread if anybody wants to stop on by. We're a friendly community, just don't get offended when Lil B trolls you and you fail to reverse-troll. :D

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
I vote that we DON'T discuss Yoshi.

I say we discuss Bottom/Low Tiers. The biggest chance Falcon has of winning is in Low Tier matches.

Biggest =/= big, per se.
Lol new advice for CF matchups.
Before it was "pick a secondary".
Now it's "make your opponent pick a low tier".

I think that's not the good mindset for a Falcon main. Oh wait...

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly

im so original

for ****'s sake SWF

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

first, the url contained f u c k, then I randomly hit buttons and it generated d f a g hjklfg

F U C K F A G

who the hell thought it would be a good idea to filter out image sources?!

Pete278

Smash Lord
I have a friend who plays Yoshi in low tier tournaments, so I've played against his Yoshi quite a bit, since he mains Diddy outside of Yoshi tournaments and nobody likes practicing against Diddy. The games got alot easier once I just kept spamming uair, so I wouldn't say Yoshi is too hard of a matchup. Prob. 60-40, imo.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
We're Not Discussing Yoshi Next!

We Are Going In Some Kind Of Order!

Edit:

Wtf, it doesn't let me type in caps?

Edit v2:

I guess we can discuss Yoshi, but I would really like to go in some order. Even going alphabetical would be better than what we're about to start doing now.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
We're Not Discussing Yoshi Next!

We Are Going In Some Kind Of Order!

Edit:

Wtf, it doesn't let me type in caps?

Edit v2:

I guess we can discuss Yoshi, but I would really like to go in some order. Even going alphabetical would be better than what we're about to start doing now.
*stands*
I second the motion.
*sits*

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
we should discuss falco. maybe not many falcon know about the grab release that falcon has on falco and fox
I second this. Falco seems like a good character to discuss next.

ALSO: I'll have the OP updated very soon.
Thanks to Slader7 and LordHelmet for helping with the ZSS and Snake conclusions.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
The OP has finally been updated. You guys can double check and see if I missed anything; then I'll move along to fixing Snake up.

Also, our next discussion is going to be one of the following.

- Wario
- Falco
- Diddy Kong
- Dedede

I'm not going to include Meta Knight right now since it was recently discussed a few months back in other threads. Lets try to get some fresh information, then we can go back and fill him in. I'd like to do things in order for a bit and get rid of the overrated characters, so we can go ahead and pick off another S Tier, whichever is fine.

So, go ahead and choose who it'll be, guys. My vote is currently on Falco.

EDIT: Oops, double post. Ah well.

Salem

Smash Champion
The OP has finally been updated. You guys can double check and see if I missed anything; then I'll move along to fixing Snake up.

Also, our next discussion is going to be one of the following.

- Wario
- Falco
- Diddy Kong
- Dedede

I'm not going to include Meta Knight right now since it was recently discussed a few months back in other threads. Lets try to get some fresh information, then we can go back and fill him in. I'd like to do things in order for a bit and get rid of the overrated characters, so we can go ahead and pick off another S Tier, whichever is fine.

So, go ahead and choose who it'll be, guys. My vote is currently on Falco.

EDIT: Oops, double post. Ah well.
I vote on Dedede.

Our N-air ***** him and I wanna show how. lol

Pete278

Smash Lord
we should discuss falco. maybe not many falcon know about the grab release that falcon has on falco and fox
Woah, he has one of those two? I knew the MK and the Wario infinite, but that'll def. be helpful for me.

I vote Wario, btw, just to see whether or not the infinite actually gives us a close to even matchup with a high tier character.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Woah, he has one of those two? I knew the MK and the Wario infinite, but that'll def. be helpful for me.

I vote Wario, btw, just to see whether or not the infinite actually gives us a close to even matchup with a high tier character.
They're not exactly infinites, but yeah. I know what ya mean. It's actually helpful. Depending on our follow-up options, it could help the match-up quite a bit.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Wario is one of the hardest characters to grab, and that's why infinites do barely anything to Wario. He is still top tier even with this. Wario ***** Ganon even though Ganon has an infinite on him. His grab range sucks, and so does Falcon's grab range. And it's against the hardest character to grab in the game. Also, Wario has a chain grab on Falcon til 70 which if fthrowing after its 83% damage

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Ok for Falco.
Because, like I said somewhere in the 2 pages of flame, the Falco boards will soon start to discuss the Falcon matchup.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Wario is one of the hardest characters to grab, and that's why infinites do barely anything to Wario. He is still top tier even with this. Wario ***** Ganon even though Ganon has an infinite on him. His grab range sucks, and so does Falcon's grab range. And it's against the hardest character to grab in the game. Also, Wario has a chain grab on Falcon til 70 which if fthrowing after its 83% damage
Falcon has a grab release on wario..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom