• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon video thread. (NEW UPDATE 7/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
yeah it's not like Wogrim to play agressive and fast, which is cool cause safe damage is necessary in tournies, if your looking for epic sh*t just wait for my vids, im constantly on offense somtimes it's my own weakness but w/e
lol That's my weakness as well....And lag. XD

Wogrim

Smash Lord
The rest of the "Other Falcons" vids are being uploaded right now. However, it doesn't let me add them to the playlist until they're uploaded, so check my profile page if you check the playlist and they arn't on there yet. 5 are from Lionman and 2 are from ChibiPichu.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
i dont no man i idnt like most of your video's.......... im not saying ur a bad C-Falcon player but sum video's where just not good!!!
To give people an honest look at your Falcon you can't just show your good videos. Many of my games have substantial lag, and all of them are online, which can make people look really bad. I played 20 something matches online last night with Lionman, and the only reason I'm going to post them is to show the types of things you can get away with with lag. There's times where I'm standing the full Falcon Kick distance away and he Falcon Kicks at me, and my shield doesn't even come up in time because there's too much lag. Stuff like that makes us look really bad and makes most of them not very fun to watch, but online that's how the game sometimes is.

Majora_younglink

Smash Apprentice
To give people an honest look at your Falcon you can't just show your good videos. Many of my games have substantial lag, and all of them are online, which can make people look really bad. I played 20 something matches online last night with Lionman, and the only reason I'm going to post them is to show the types of things you can get away with with lag. There's times where I'm standing the full Falcon Kick distance away and he Falcon Kicks at me, and my shield doesn't even come up in time because there's too much lag. Stuff like that makes us look really bad and makes most of them not very fun to watch, but online that's how the game sometimes is.
I agree with Wog. If you want something exciting go watch a compilation video. People who post anything matches are the good Falcons because they aren't looking to impress but just show others their normal games.

If I could, I'd do the same but most matches for me are over 3 mins.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I agree with Wog. If you want something exciting go watch a compilation video. People who post anything matches are the good Falcons because they aren't looking to impress but just show others their normal games.

If I could, I'd do the same but most matches for me are over 3 mins.
Many matches will go under 3 minutes if you can get your opponent (in friendlies) to play 2 stock games.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Here's what's uploading right now (my internet's being slow and keeps disconnecting temporarily, so it could take quite a while).

5 matches with "RAZ" (that's his tag; I can't remember his name so I'll update it later). Pretty laggy so I only played 5 so that I could move on to less laggy matches.

21 matches with Lionman. After my games with "RAZ" I noticed Lionman was on and Seeking Brawl so I joined his game. These weren't any less laggy, but hey it's Lionman so I played a lot more than 5 games. I did get distracted and forget to record a couple games. These matches probably won't help anyone by watching them unless you play often in significant lag, as most of the stuff that happens you can't get away with so easily. The lag favors the aggressive player, as it prevents the defending player's moves from happening in time. Falcon Kick and dashing USmash are pretty much unpunishable unless you guess when they're going to happen, since if you wait until you see them your character can't do anything in time. It also seems pretty much impossible to do jab grab and jab jab grab, so there are tons of infinite jabs. Oh and it's also hard to punish things because if you wait till their attack ends, by the time your attack starts they'll be able to shield or dodge already.

15 games with dhardca. Much better on lag, although the taunting is obnoxious. Still, pretty good games.

Depending on how long all these take, I might upload some more videos from other Falcons tonight. (I've got like 4 or 5 I think).

My YouTube Channel

Edit: still going to be 5 or more hours before they're all up; ugh

Wogrim

Smash Lord
More "Other Falcons" matches up. 2 from ToKneeOrNotToKnee, 3 from Lionman. Please rate the good ones since it encourages others to watch them.

Edit: I don't just mean the good ones from these, or even from my videos, but whenever you see a good video that's unrated (or rated poorly).

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
we should make a compilation of all us falcons instead of just one person, that'd be epic :D

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
That would be epic. Though we'd need someone with a Dazzle to record all of our clips and someone with a good editing program to edit it all up.

I was just thinking of putting a compilation video of my epic kills just last night. XD

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
well Wogrim is out there recording for us, but of course, more recorders would help a lot.... then we'd need 1 video editor (i'd do it, but i only have movie maker which sux lol) to make it nothing less than epic :D

Uli

Smash Champion
what are some good videos to watch, some of those videos seem a little dated so idk what to watch!!

Wogrim

Smash Lord
3 from Maj, 2 from Knee, 3 from Lionman (marked 2-4 because he already had one against DK, although it's not necessarily the same DK). Lionman is pretty awesome.
Should be done around 2.5 hours from now.

Lionman

Smash Champion
Is the same donkey.

He plays really good donkey, i had send you our best matches, he won me 30% of them yesterday.

Revven

FrankerZ
I got some more of my Falcon up recently! They're against Ganondorf but, hey, that's like a fun match up so whatever. Keep in mind, I like to kill my opponent in a fancy way or hilarious way, so if I try something daring and kill myself, that's why.

0WN1N VS. ANTZ! Part 12
0WN1N VS. ANTZ! Part 13

Hope you like them, there's still some more I need to upload.

YesISpeakChinese

Smash Apprentice
Bowyer doesn't seem so bad at falcon
here are some very recent falcon vs. marth matches between bowyer and ankoku
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcV-4i_mHqk&feature=related
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf3vG1rCuOE&feature=related
3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hggdHx1b9Fc&feature=related
and falcon vs. peach (bowyer vs. ankoku also)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePkj61fXz2Q&feature=related
and falcon vs. pit (bowyer vs. levitas)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbqpKuJn08Y&feature=related
^^^this one apparetly is kinda cut off

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
i am sorry guys but my captain falcon video thread isn't working out so well. some of you could probably agree. i haven't updated in 2 months Due to my sister not letting me hold her laptop & what not. so im going to tell a mod to close this topic and hand this over to someone else.

Mit

Smash Ace
Is anyone willing to take this over? I'd volunteer but the crappy internet connection I'm on the majority of the day make it hard to watch a lot of videos.

Whoever takes this over needs to sort through all the videos and get rid of all of the average ones (especially old ones), and put in a bunch of newer, good videos, and try and point out highlights between them all. Other less-than-spectacular videos can be posted throughout the thread by members.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
If i do get a laptop for christmas I will have this topic up again & put the videos in a better order. but real computer or laptop access is really limited for me ATM. (i post from my wii majority of the time.)

Revven

FrankerZ
I played Sliq's Ganon with my CF this past Saturday and OMG I did some epic ****. I've only got the first five up right now but, there's plenty more where that came from.

0WN1N (CF) VS. Sliq! (Ganondorf) 1
0WN1N (CF) VS. Sliq! (Ganondorf) 2
0WN1N (CF) VS. Sliq! (Ganondorf) 3
0WN1N (CF) VS. Sliq! (Ganondorf) 4
0WN1N (CF) VS. Sliq! (Ganondorf) 5

Hope you all enjoy, you manly men!

Edit: Some moar.

0WN1N (CF) VS. Sliq! (Ganondorf) 6
0WN1N (CF) VS. Sliq! (Ganondorf) 7 (Must watch!)
0WN1N (CF) VS. Sliq! (Ganondorf) 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom