• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon video thread. (NEW UPDATE 7/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swil

Smash Apprentice

I watched some of the matches, and I saw some good and bad stuff. I think you use Falcon Kick too much, and you got punished quite often from using it as well. I liked your use of Up B though, I usually don't use it outside of recovery, and I saw some neat things in there that I want to try to intergrate into my own game.

We still need to play sometime. I haven't got to play with you yet.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Swil:

I love your use of the Knee. First kill was epic. Nice defensive playstyle, probably the best defensive playstyle I've seen in a Falcon so far. Great start on your second stock, I love the grab game. Nice tech on the Warlock Kick during second stock. Nice Dair on second kill and nice leadup to it as well. Odd trajectory Ganondorf took on your falling Bair during his third stock. Nice Utilt use throughout. I would recommend using it more at the edges. You should've been able to punish Ganondorf's muffed Utilt, but being that it's a Wi-Fi match I totally understand. You actually got him the next time though so good job. Great Dair usage on the whole. No Knee spam, no anything spam really. Great performance imo.

You play Falcon really smart. I really like your style. The one thing I think you're missing is AAA combo. You could also UpB a little more but I wouldn't make a big deal about it since you're game is already very solid. I would be careful about how much you Raptor Boost but I guess until it stops working don't mess with it. lol Some other things I saw was that in both of you guys' first stock I believe, you decided to Bthrow. That struck me as very odd since you missed your followup due to the bad position the Bthrow put you in. I guess that was just a mistake? I dunno. Also I think you could maybe stand to Running A a little bit more often. Not a lot, but just a tad. I wish I could've seen your edgeguarding game more but I know that Ganondorf isn't really the best guy to show that off against. lol Oh well. I look forward to more videos of yourself.

Thanks for your comments regarding my matches. I do tend to get carried away with Falcon Kick a lot, especially on Wi-Fi. I'm glad you liked some of my stuff though. :) We definitely need to play soon. Are you still in school? If not maybe we can play tomorrow during the day or if not whenever. lol I'm going to head over to the Friend Finder right now to get your AIM (if you have one) and then I'll be in contact with you soon. Once again thanks for the comments and I'll be sure to work on lessening my Falcon Kick dependence. Would you say that most of the problem uses of it were because I was too far away? Sometimes I use it from a ways off when I really shouldn't.

Edit: I already have your AIM. You're just never online! lol

Swil

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I think I use Raptor boost as much as you use Falcon Kick, which I got punished for it a bit too. My throw game is probably a bit wierd. I should probably stick with more D throw, but I usually just do whatever. I like Forward throw though for setups and follow up grabs.

You falcon kicked at alot of different ranges, so that isn't your problem. I know in the delfino plaza match you canceled your AAA combo into a falcon kick, which actually isn't a bad idea, but you did it twice in a row in a very short period of time, and they both got blocked. You also falcon kicked into the stage while in the air which is just a bit too risky IMO. I usually only falcon kick in the air if I get knocked up high enough to finish the attack before landing. I usually catch those Sonics, Metaknights, and whatever else off guard that like to chase you high into the air with it.

I have classes tomorrow from like 8 AM to 4PM, but I can get on and play after that.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Yeah, Dthrow is very good.

Gotcha. Usually I stay away from Falcon Kicking in the air (in fact I try very hard to lol) but occasionally I will accidentally throw one in. Sometimes it works, a lot of times it doesn't.

Ok sounds good. I'll try and be free after 4.

Iwan

Smash Ace
I like your playstyle i can't win....i'd been anticipating it for a while, and it didn't disappoint. Very nice videos guys.

Still spamming that knee just a tad though Key, imo. Other than that, very very nice. As swil said, liked the use of the up b **COUGH me and you found that COUGH**.

hahaha totally kidding :p.

And btw, couldn't help but notice you falcon punch out of an Up b during one of your videos. Is it just me, or does a player tend to get hit by the punch more often out of an Up b? It seems like after they get hit with Falcon dive, they naturally tend to DI towards you for some reason. Of course i still only use Falcon punch like...once every.....three or four matches? haha. But i actually landed a few today using it out of Up b....

lol mindgames?
haha.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Yeah, I do tend to resort to the Knee a bit too often still. I've at least lessened it to the point where the amount it hurts my game is only a little bit more than the amount it strengthens it. You are right that I could stand to use it a tad bit less.

UpB rocks. :) It was more your thing than mine anyways really. lol Great find.

Did I? I don't remember. Did it work? lol I'll go through and look for it though. I can see how that might catch people.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
Good matches I hate to judge some one playing one wifi.

A decent faclon i would say but mabye this is just because your playing on wifi but alot of that attacks you do leave you open Alot.

Your fsmash faclon kick dairs and jumping falcon puches let you get counterd quickly and that how you mostly died.

also shieldgrabing wounld not hurt.

and i would suggest not to play on wifi too much because you could get too used to it and you feel laggy when you go for a real match.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace

A decent faclon i would say but mabye this is just because your playing on wifi but alot of that attacks you do leave you open Alot.

Your fsmash faclon kick dairs and jumping falcon puches let you get counterd quickly and that how you mostly died.

and i would suggest not to play on wifi too much because you could get too used to it and you feel laggy when you go for a real match.
Who are you directing your comments at?

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman

Yup, Key and I both agree that we can't judge each other over wifi, especially due to Nintendo's lack of online capabilities. But yes, the small delay in the matches did leave many spots open for attack, which sucks for fast pace matches. All in all, they were great games, and I really enjoyed catching up with Key after my week break from Brawl (Melee FTW baby). Other than that, I have a tournament on the 7th, and will most likely have some videos from that involving Falcon ^,~.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
Who are you directing your comments at?
I was directing them at you.(i not saying anything bad about your faclon)

oh IcantWin do you and key know each other in real life?Cuz i think it would be better if you were play at each other in real instead of wifi(tust me wifi is not a great place to trian)

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
I feel that Brawl allows players a better advantage at using character's special moves. And they buffed all of the Captain's special moves... ;)

Iwan

Smash Ace
Here are some fairly entertaining captain falcon battles from some japanese players.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8IOCBbBTmhQ
Does anyone else realize that some of the japanese players seriously know the physics of this game like the back of their hand? Or in other words....way better than a lot of us smashers in the western hemisphere.

I've seen a video of a japanese fox, who had sped his game up to the point that it didn't even look like brawl. I mean, it did, but he was playing so fast, chaining together attacks so fluidly. Something I haven't really seen against ANY Fox I've played so far. Same goes for two other japanese players I've seen using Diddy Kong. They were really...just.....unbelievable.

And watching these Falcons...does anyone else agree that they're playing pretty fast? Almost a step ahead of us? Maybe I'm crazy...but it seems like their play styles pretty different than a majority of what "we" would say a successful falcon should play like.

Does anyone use the Falcon Punch as an Edge Gaurd like that? I've never done that. Jumped off stage towards my opponent, and then reversed my falcon punch. Never.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Does anyone else realize that some of the japanese players seriously know the physics of this game like the back of their hand? Or in other words....way better than a lot of us smashers in the western hemisphere.

I've seen a video of a japanese fox, who had sped his game up to the point that it didn't even look like brawl. I mean, it did, but he was playing so fast, chaining together attacks so fluidly. Something I haven't really seen against ANY Fox I've played so far. Same goes for two other japanese players I've seen using Diddy Kong. They were really...just.....unbelievable.

And watching these Falcons...does anyone else agree that they're playing pretty fast? Almost a step ahead of us? Maybe I'm crazy...but it seems like their play styles pretty different than a majority of what "we" would say a successful falcon should play like.

Does anyone use the Falcon Punch as an Edge Gaurd like that? I've never done that. Jumped off stage towards my opponent, and then reversed my falcon punch. Never.
No, I have never edge gaurded with a Falcon Punch, maybe because they use Falcon how he's supposed to be used, extreme, maybe we see Falcon almost like he's an insane person, society accepts him but they shun his potential, where as these people embrase (sorry for crappy spelling) his movement.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
ehh wow...

as i marth player i sometimes can have small problem with falcon too i guess.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
That wasn't very good at all man, your captain falcon is weak. You try to approach with u-airs too much, and the marth didnt know what he was doing. I'm gladddd i'm one of the better brawlers out there. lol.
Uh... that's how I approach with Falcon...

EDIT> man was I late in pointing out this stupidity...

bLeAkWuN

Smash Cadet
So I just picked up Falcon in Brawl like one week prior to my posting of these clips. I main bowser but i wanted to pick up someone different. I have some vids of my CF going against my friends Ness, and i had alot of trouble rushing in bcuz of his Fairs range and priority...Videos 3 and 4 are the matches i won but, on the real, he won regularly. Critic is welcomed...Enjoy the Clips!

Falcon (Bleak) vs Ness (Sketch)

1 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=EWxmE6vaDbY

2 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=olTLs1U1dLw

3 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=XMHDWYUumbE

4 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=S2rvlmthvVU

5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfgHj_z0Gto

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
me vs Steel2nd(marth)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8SXRKaN-2I

did 2 other matches but he didnt record/upload em.

EDIT: Artie, I think it's a good time to take down my earlier vids vs. key n saint. I don't play the way I do in those vids anymore (plus, I think theres a tad too many of em). I'll try and get more recent ones up.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Supz all, should be gettin some new vids up soon. Banana, I want some matches against you! Vids of Key vs. myself are already up, and I want MORE OF FALCON DITTOS. roar

Radiation

Smash Apprentice
pro falcon match

read description... RoR is the best captain falcon... he is a legend... radiation the reaper is unstopabble...

No, but in all honesty, recently my older brother got a digital camera so I figured we could crappily record some matches with it, but all of our matches below three minutes turned out seriously crappy... this is probably the best one we had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nLNhMZM0fs

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Your camera man sucks... I hardly bothered to watch the fight

Edit: My bad; I didn't realize the second one was different from the first. Still a bit too one-sided; record some more :bee:.

dobee

Smash Apprentice
I am no pro by any means but here are some of my falcon videos

Dobee vs. Slash
(note: Each of these clips are 2 matches long)

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=uZjM0Hmj97g

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=5BQm7kg7pBA

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=dK73yYeJ12U

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=uEr_H4M56gk

Dobee vs. Toasty

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZoTorP8J9M

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=5kz_Q0Nd7kQ

Yep. But these are just friendlies. I will hopefully get some tourney matches recorded at critical hit so i will post more.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Pretty nice Falcon, dobee. I'd have to recommend more jabs because you don't punish well when you dodge stuff (you use fsmash or dsmash 99% of the time so they easily dodge it right back; jabbing destroys spot dodgers and you can also try holding the smash an extra 1/2 second). You're trying to land the knee too much on grounded opponents, but it is a very laggy landing so you should be using a lot more NAirs in your aerial approaches. You do a pretty good job on your falcon punches, except you should try them less on Falco because of his spammy laser. And you should also boost less because of it's low priority and terrible lag if it doesn't hit. But please view this as constructive criticism; you really are one of the better Falcons.

dobee

Smash Apprentice
Wogrim: Thanks man, I take all advice because I know i can get better. As for the knees the main reason I don't do nairs because i'm always sightly tapping forward in the air so it comes out as a knee... so it's not that i don't decide to do it, its just i dont let go of forward lol. But yeah, less boost smashing and more jabs, got it. :)

Radiation

Smash Apprentice
In case anyone didn't realize it, the first match I posted was pretty much just a joke match (Hence "Radiation the Reaper".) I wouldn't ever get someone to do the camera if they were gonna put it upside down.

Also I'd really like to get some videos of me losing or something so I don't look like some sort of conceited jerk but I don't really have anybody else to play with besides my brother so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom