• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

can falco beat pit?

coldsilence

Smash Rookie
my friend is a really good pit, and he claims he will be unbeaten this whole summer with pit. when i fight him as falco on Final Des. he stands in the middle and waits for me to make a move, seems like pit has priority on all of falcos moves because i cant attack from the sides or the air... Give me suggestions PLEASE>><<>>< he also shields all of my laser. :dizzy:

Blad01

Smash Lord
Laser him and wait for him to move :D

(+ Reflector and Phantasm)

(I'm too tired to explain mire... Shieldgrab etc)

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
I think anyone can beat anyone. :p

I mean really. I beat some Sonics and Shieks with a Bowser. >:3 (lolgrabhax)

penguinman

Smash Apprentice
fake lasers by using the blaster, but time it so falco only has time to pull out the blaster, then running up-smash the shield. then its important to taunt "don't try me"

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
GRRR I LOST THE GAME!!

Anyway

Falco can beat Pit because

Falco Shine > Pit's Gay Ring Reflector Spam

Falco can gimp Pit's Up B recovery just by hitting him once or grabbing him and dropping him

Falco's laser > Pit's Arrow because its faster

Falco can spike lulz

Pit suxz

Nuff Said

clowsui

Smash Legend
yeah
lasers to keep him off balance, occasionally shl'ing to throw him off. shad to dodge arrows and make sure he doesn't get too safe
cg -> boost smash if he's on the stage, don't try to follow up if he goes off
use a lot of utilts, when he starts getting used to it ftilt or shine
don't use triple a combo that much, it's easy for him to escape
with good di you'll be able to avoid dying by fsmash, his primary killer...it's hard for him to kill you in the air if you keep pressure up with lasers, fair and nair
main killers: usmash, bair, fsmash. dsmash out of jabs or tilts (when they run in) for damage

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Here's the deal on nerfing Pit's recovery.

Bad Pits get nerfed bad by Falco.
Decent Pits have a hard time avoiding the edgeguard.
Good Pits know how to recovery against a good Falco.

This match-up is almost dead-even. The higher the skill level the better chance Falco has. The average Pit vs. Falco match will probably lean towards Pit. While at higher levels of play it evens out fairly evenly. This is mainly because Pit nerfs Falco's recovery much better then Falco nerfs Pit's.

Keep in mind, Pit is a character with many tricks and exploitable techniques. It's best to study Pit in the Pit forums before considering your gameplan complete.

Falco's biggest issue against a truly good Pit is simply staying alive. Survivving getting knocked off the stage is one thing. But getting back to the edge is a different matter. On close calls at the edge, a Pit can Wing Shove Falco away from the stage and immediately grab back on. This lessens Falco's distance traveled while giving Pit more invincibility frames on the edge. Both of Falco's recovery options can be reflected by Pit's Mirror Shield. Recovering up high to avoid this when possible only leads to easy kills for Pit. Wing Renewal allows Pit to use his WoI twice without fearing death. This is used very well to follow a Falco off the stage at an angle where his Foward-B won't be able to spike Pit.

As for gimping Pit's recovery, there's a formula that's best used. First use your high jumps to spam lasers at Pit while you can. Try to take away his jumps and most importantly his glide. If you do this you force him to WoI.

If Pit let's himself fall before attempting a recovery, things get tougher for Falco. Guard the edge and make him scared to approach the edge you're at. Pit has very poor magnet hands so odds are he'll favor the opposite edge if possible.

If this happens do your best to meet him there and grab the edge before he does. Pit's WoI is faster then Falco's run so you can't slack off on this. If this works out he'll be forced to rise above the edge where you should be able to Bair him to his death.

If Pit decides to go up as high as he can and try to recover from above he's a little safer. However this is a double edged sword for Pit. First off, using the WoI leaves Pit unable to recovery if knocked back off the stage before landing. On the other hand, Dive Bombing with Pit's WoI is faster then his fast fall and could work out to his advantage. Not many Pit's will recover this way.

However a good Pit won't even bother with this. I personally when recovering to see Falco's laser release point in collation with his momentum and determine where all his laser options are after his first shot. At which point navigating away from the lasers are so easy, that I tend to waste my midair jumps to spam some arrows from off screen. Looping an arrow around where the arrows can't be seen is fun too.

The thing is, Falco is a far better character then Pit. His only real weakness is an average recovery. Which wouldn't be a weakness in the least if both of his recoveries weren't so predictable. Normally not a big deal. Against Pit though it is. Pit makes up for the difference in character ability with his recovery, edgegame, and metagame.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
Sliding shield grab into CG into spike :p.

Your friend - WTF HAX0RZ

My mates the same with pit, but they hide behind the chars cheapness, not there actual skill.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Sliding shield grab into CG into spike :p.

Your friend - WTF HAX0RZ

My mates the same with pit, but they hide behind the chars cheapness, not there actual skill.
Cheap is a word inexperienced players use. There is nothing cheap in this game. Every char is the way they are, it can't be helped. Good players work around character advantages and don't use them as an excuse.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Cheap is a word inexperienced players use. There is nothing cheap in this game. Every char is the way they are, it can't be helped. Good players work around character advantages and don't use them as an excuse.
He speaks with the wisdom of a Ness player, but with the awesome name of a Capt. Falcon!

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
anyone can beat anyone with a little skill..... ; )
I could swear I said this about 6 posts ago. xD

Pit's just flexible.

Arrows > Lasers
Aerial knockbackL Falco > Pit
Aerial hitboxes: Pit's are short. His Dair is like..Metaknight short. Hard to land Fair in midair too.

Smash attacks: Falco > Pit
Tilts: Ehh...I'd say almost even. =x I hate them for nerfing Falco's Ftilt.
Reflection: Really? Is this a question? Pit's Shield > Falco's shinekick in most scenarios.

That's my opinion anyway. I rarely use either of em. =x

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
SRSLY?!

honestly, that post is Grade A BS.

if you tell me snakes tilts arent cheap, you are a filthy liar.
even if they arent broken, CGs are pretty cheap as well. Falco, Pika, D3, and lucario alike.
And if you hadnt noticed, the REALLY good people, switch their mains and play those horribly cheap characters in tourneys.

GGMF

but on topic. falco has the tools to beat just about any other character. its just up to you to implement those tools effectively

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
SRSLY?!

honestly, that post is Grade A BS.

if you tell me snakes tilts arent cheap, you are a filthy liar.
even if they arent broken, CGs are pretty cheap as well. Falco, Pika, D3, and lucario alike.
And if you hadnt noticed, the REALLY good people, switch their mains and play those horribly cheap characters in tourneys.

GGMF

but on topic. falco has the tools to beat just about any other character. its just up to you to implement those tools effectively
You forgot IC's chain grabs.

Top Bottom