• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Campbell X Tournament FIGHT NIGHT HYPE

omgwtfToph

Smash Master

9) SFAT/Tafokints/Darrell/Hydrokirby
uhhhhhhhhhh
norcal is a scary region if **** like this can happen LOL

edit: Also yeah my parents visited me this weekend so I only stuck around for doubles haha, went to see Brave with my folks afterward :D

Btw good movie :D

L__

Smash Master
I used Fox against everyone except Lunin and Zhu

tried one match as Sheik against them each

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
GOOD **** ZHU

HEARD YOU TAPPED EVERYBODY

:D :D :d

edit: btw can someone post the brackets? results are CRAAAY

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Julian has the bracket. Going from memory:

R1 Winners
SFAT > Kazaam
Alan > ZeldaFreak
Zhu > Nick
Tafokints > Hydrokirby
Dajuan > Nima
Darrell > Binyan
PewPewU > Oza
Lunin > L

R2 Winners
Alan > SFAT
Zhu > Tafokints
Dajuan > Darrell
PewpewU > Lunin

R3 Winners (Winner's semis)
Zhu > Alan
Dajuan > PPU

R4 Winners (Winners Finals)
Zhu > Dajuan

R1 Losers
Zeldafreak > Kazaam
HydroKirby > Nick
Binyan > Nima
L > Oza

R2 Losers
L > Tafokints
Binyan > SFAT
Lunin > HydroKirby ??
ZeldaFreak > Darrell ??

R3 Losers
Binyan > L
Lunin > Zelda Freak

R4 Losers
PPU > Binyan
Lunin > Alan

R5 Losers
PPU > Lunin

R6 Losers Finals
Dajuan > PPU

R7 Grand Finals
Zhu > Dajuan

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
HOLY CRAP NIMA WENT?!

This was stacked.

Was Zac high?

El oh el, losing to L Daniel? I heard you're coming to SoCal next week. I got $100 on Fiction!

How in the world could you remember all those results?

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Zac was still visibly jetlacked from Italy.
Zac played Alan on fun stages "Japes, Mute City, etc...". Didn't seem that either player cared much.
Binyan (atma) won convincingly against him.

L_ was playing amazing on Saturday, no johns. He had great reads and was on point with his tech skill. He beat Darrell, me, and had a nasty first game against Binyan. He almost took a game with Sheik against Zhu had he not ruined a basic Fair.

For the results, Julian's (tarheelJKs) laptop actually broke down midway through brackets, so we had to reconstruct the bracket during the 3rd or 4th rounds. With that, in addition to the results that Tarheel posted, I remembered the majority of the bracket. There might be mixups with Oza and Nima though.

I am coming to Socal next week though, definitely excited. I'm hoping for some friendlies/seriouslies on Friday, the 6th. For Fiction, I guess I should just switch to Link =p. I think you should lay off the hype train for Fiction. He's great, but doesn't need the extra pressure, which is probably why he choked last tournament. Let him enjoy his progression to being recognized rather than let the chains of expectations weight him down. He's an uprising player and let him enjoy his accomplishments as he obtains them. Otherwise, we might jade him (see Mango, M2k, Zhu for reference) and cause him to not reach his potential.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I cared.

Wait till the vids are up, im legitimately trying. Not sure if it was mutual, but all I know is I went in on that 2nd JJ match.

tmacattack202

Smash Cadet
Adam! Yes I went, haven't talked to u in a while. Hope all is well

Yeah tafo you got it right with myself (Nima) ggs everyone

P.s. Kings got a steal with Thomas Robinson at the 5 spot

:phone:

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
I played Fox the whole tournament

Lost to Alan, beat Kazamm, beat Darrell, lost to Lunin (good memory Daniel =P)

I had a great time at this, can't wait for the next one (is it Rule 6? will there be another tourney after this?)

tarheeljks

Smash Lord

don't sleep on alvin, he's a terror when he's on (he was on)

and yeah my my charger has a short in it so it's spazzy about recharging my batter and my laptop died somewhere ~losers quarters. daniel did a great job of reconstructing the bracket on the spot so it wasn't a big deal thankfully. and ofc my charger started working properly as soon as i got home

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
I'm so happy that the Warriors got Barnes at 7th. Warriors fans are still complaining that we got a bust pick. I asked them to name two players who would have been better than Barnes.

It ended the conversation quickly.

On a side note, Kazaam is crazy good considering that he never gets to play with anyone and mostly has to play his roommate and cpus

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
barnes was a steal at 7, thanks cavs. so weird that they didn't pick him, esp given that they were (supposedly) in love w/him and that they tried to trade for him right after we took him. i wonder if they picked waiters planning to trade him to someone else and move down and got screwed

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
yea aren't barnes and irving best friends. they could play cards together =p

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
yeah they are good friends, they were supposedly going to take him w/the #4 last year if he hadn't gone back.

challenge for him on the warriors is that he fancies himself a scorer first and foremost, but that is not how he will be most valuable to them, at least in the short term. i do think we'll use him 10x better than he was used in college

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
On a side note, Kazaam is crazy good considering that he never gets to play with anyone and mostly has to play his roommate and cpus
I totally agree

hey my finals are over, whens the next tourney? I wanna meet more ppl from Norcal now
I'm tentatively scheduling a tourney for the 14th!
Also, I live in Mountain View, lemme know if you wanna play sometime

baka4moé

Smash Champion
.....any chance you could please make this on a sunday tafokints? i would like to go to a norcal tourney but cant come on saturday...

baka4moé

Smash Champion
didnt catch that, figured id just ask the OP.

granted ive never been to the venue, so afaik there could be a vacant room at the church on a sunday afternoon.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
I could do it on Sunday like after 2pm, but then the tourney would end rather late and I work on Monday. + I'm really tired on Sunday afternoons.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
I could do it on Sunday like after 2pm, but then the tourney would end rather late and I work on Monday. + I'm really tired on Sunday afternoons.
Hmm well if ppl would prefer sunday that would be really great; otherwise if its a big inconvenience to everyone then never mind, I'm just one person. Thanks for the info though.

Regardless, I hope to play a lot of norcal soon.

Inu_Yasha

Smash Cadet
Assuming I can figure out how to get here from Belmont, which looks to be about 2 hours north (by public transportation anyway) I'd like to go to this.

Sidenote: Any smashers in my area? I'm just here for the summer but looking for some melee buddies. If so, a ride to this event would be cool too :D

Inu_Yasha

Smash Cadet
Yeah somebody else told me that a few days ago. I've tried and been rejected twice, which makes no sense because I've seen the member count go up by 3 or 4 people since I found the damn thing. Really wondering why I'm being blindly denied...

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
Yeah somebody else told me that a few days ago. I've tried and been rejected twice, which makes no sense because I've seen the member count go up by 3 or 4 people since I found the damn thing. Really wondering why I'm being blindly denied...
i think i just added you. you were most likely denied b/c no one could tell you were in the area by looking at your page. if you're the guy i just let in it says you are from central fla so. . .yeah. but yeah i see that your company is in belmont

Inu_Yasha

Smash Cadet
Yup that's me, thank you. I thought that might be the issue but the group info said it was accepting residents and visitors, and I wasn't going to change my facebook info for a 6 week visit lol. But awesome, I'll post something on there soon.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
@shadrach he's still overrated. I am still down for the $100 mm :). I take PayPal and check as well

He's te SoCal lambchops. You better start the pep talks since he's probably goin to crumble again under pressure.

Also I am down to mm you for any amount. Once again, you can write me a check :p
:phone:

Top Bottom