• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Campbell X Tournament FIGHT NIGHT HYPE

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
I fully endorse Fiction's rivals doing anything they can to make him choke. It'll only make him stronger.

And it'll be the only way to make it interesting, because Tafo is pretty bad and Fiction can 2-stock him with his eyes closed.

The only hope is to get him down to the last stock and hope chokesies does the rest.

I just want my $100 :)

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Personally, I do want Fiction to succeed at the game. He's a cool dude.

BUT, if he's going from beating s2j in many of the friendlies to losing to J666 and Stab (no offense) in tournament, that's a pretty significant drop-off. He said he had a "bad" day, but shouldn't his "B" or even "C" game be good enough to win? That just shows huge inconsistency.

I'm not sure if you can fully get rid of choking pressured moments. Fiction has played Brawl for a significant amount of time and has probably seen high-pressured situations enough that it should have been fixed.

I, honestly, have a harder time playing against Phil's, Zac's, and L_'s fox as opposed to Fiction's Fox.
I was actually disappointed when I played Fiction, based on what has been said previously here. I was expecting him to be at least Zac's level.
It was great to experiment though in certain situations and he is definitely great to play against in terms of exploring options, since he's fairly consistent.

tl:dr good, not great.

Is he coming to regionals? it didn't seem like it when I talked to him.

If he does come, like I said previously, I accept a clean Benjamin, $20s, (please no small bills), Paypal, or a check!

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
I asked him and he said he 2-stocked you the vast majority of the time. You won rarely, he 3-stocked you rarely.

2-stock = ****

Frankly I was surprised he didn't average a 3-stock on you. So you're slightly better than I thought.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Lol @friendlies. I guess he didn't mention the risky maneuvers, edge guards, and approaches I was doing. Fact of the matter is I could have camped and played try hard as much as he was when he was laser camping me in many matches. Instead I opted to experiment with approaches and different things as opposed to sitting back. I knew how his baits worked. Winning was not on top of my priorities

It's like when we were going back n forth in sheik and marth friendlies a few months back. If I cared more, I could easily 2 stock your marth. Yes this is a call out on you too :)

Edit: also I'll try to set up a googledoc for you so that we can figure out housing for regionals!
:phone:

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Still doesn't change the fact I'd still two stock you!

Alan, you should get free $ with Zac/ppu/dajuan/hmw/phil at the very least

Anyway, who's bringing setups to this tourney?

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Im sure I could do it with you, atma, KK, darrell, sheridan, rey, and anyone from socal.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Until Fiction says no! Hahahaha.

If it ain't Fiction I'll get somebody else. I'll seriously do teams money matches the entire tournament: until I run out of money or we run out of teams combinations to run through, hahahaha.

Teams money matches was the best part of teaming with Tofu all the time. Teams vs Alukard and G$ was by far the best part of Genesis.

Shroomed

Smash Master
Until Fiction says no! Hahahaha.

If it ain't Fiction I'll get somebody else. I'll seriously do teams money matches the entire tournament: until I run out of money or we run out of teams combinations to run through, hahahaha.

Teams money matches was the best part of teaming with Tofu all the time. Teams vs Alukard and G$ was by far the best part of Genesis.
Alukard and G$ are easily the most fun to play endless amounts of teams with.

joeplicate

Smash Master
ugh dunno if i wanna go to this or not

thinkin no because i'm rusty/sick/don't like smash that much atm
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu all i wanna do is sleep`~~

baka4moé

Smash Champion
how close to the schedule do these normally stick to? I'd like to at least make it to singles but id be there at best around 4ish..

also, is there a bart station close to this, or would i need another mode of transportation that is recommended? i can probably at least bart to fremont, so would anyone please be willing to pick me up late? =/

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
11am is good, but people typically begin to trickle in around 1130-12

@baka4moe, public transportation to Campbell is not that great tbh. We are going to stick reasonably to the schedule and singles normally starts around 4pm at the latest.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
well crap lol i wouldnt be able to start heading to campbell until 3, and ill be in oakland at the time. probably not worth it then? cuz on the schedule it says yall leave by 830...

thanks for the responses though!

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
ugh dunno if i wanna go to this or not

thinkin no because i'm rusty/sick/don't like smash that much atm
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu all i wanna do is sleep`~~
Why are you even thinking about going?

Every time you talk about smash you sound so meh about it. Just let it go for a while, dude. It's not going anywhere. Conserve your energies and direct your attention elsewhere. :)

By the way, since you don't sound gung-ho about the game, do you mind if I get another teammate for Rule 6? =P

joeplicate

Smash Master
haha yeah I don't mind Adam

its gay cuz whenever I (anybody) makes a post like that they're asking to be begged into going.... Lol. I was lightweight just trying to collect on that pity. "oh bro! You gotta come man that would be so sick!"

if I didn't wanna go I just would have not posted anything :p

there's a lot of things I'm on the fence about, including rock climbing, but I wonder how much of it is just wanting to deny myself of something for the sake of not doing it. "oh I don't do this anymore, I don't like this anymore, so I'm stopping cold turkey no matter what"

still got a lot of homies in the scene (havent seen TOPH all summer), and I can maybe see my sister in san jose after, so I'm definitely leaning towards yes atm

Edit: dajuan already left so I have no ride lol
See ya at rule 6:phone:

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
singles

1: Zhu
2: SFAT
3: Dajuan
4: PewPewU
5: Tafokints
5: DarkAtma
7: Alan
7: SilentSpectre
9: Mackadotious
9: BluefoxXT
9: Toph
9: Mooninite
13: Filler2
13: Tang
13: Filler1
13: sidefx

34 entrants 4 pools, top 4 advanced to bracket. two people had to leave early (brandon/zeldafreak iirc) and they were replaced by having the 5th seeds play for the last two spots (i think). one of the fillers was andy, idk about the other

1: Dajuan + SFAT (Dajuan + SFAT) ($77.00)
2: Tang + SilentSpectre (Tang + SilentSpectre) ($22.00)
3: OG PopnFresh (PewPewU + Alan) ($11.00)
4: Tophokints (Toph + tafokints)
5: Zhu + Atma (Zhu + Atma)
5: Ahmad + Brandon (Ahmad + Brandon)
7: Sheen + Sparky
7: Mackadotious + BlueFoxXT (Mack + Blue)
9: Jasou + Proxy (Jasou + Proxy)
9: ScrubFat (TarheelJKs + And1)
9: Fan (Stan + Food)

no matches were recorded. sorry

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Dajuan 3rd? LOL better practice that doc dude.

Norcal is too good, I thought bob$ was supposed to be here though?

Tourney was so fun.

Top Bottom