• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

The Upholder

Smash Journeyman
martyrdom is the same as tubes. annoying, but overall, a waste. Sure, I could maybe get a free kill from dying, or I could steady aim and get more kills and not die.

Martyrdom though is only a problem if everyone uses it in a PC server. You have 60 people playing on one map, and they're all using marty, and it becomes the dumbest game ever.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
It's the best yellow perk IMO. I don't really hip fire with my M16 and I only use excon on my MP5 class.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Playing this game with a full party is so much fun. Only thing that annoys me about this game are quickscopers and bad spawns. Still really good though.

The Upholder

Smash Journeyman
That's why I like you. :cool:

I can't help it if it's an effective perk. (Since I get a kill with it about 80% of the time.)
dead silence is the other one that comes to mind. again, not effective in large PC servers though. Fantastic against anyone who knows what they're doing though, because locating people via footsteps is great.

I don't know what morons you're playing that you get a kill 80% of the time though. Is no one capable of shooting you from a distance?

D

Deleted member

I played this game tonight and I was devastated by grenade spam. Maybe it was just the lobby, but 3 people were using Frag x3, Sonic Boom, and Martyrdom, and they were just lobbing nades at everything that moved. Even if I managed to kill them, 106 Martyrdom grenades would just magically fall from their pocket and destroy me...

Otherwise though it's a great game, especially for sniping.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Playing this game with a full party is so much fun. Only thing that annoys me about this game are quickscopers and bad spawns. Still really good though.
Agreed, when I play with my clan, we rarely lose. I managed to get a 105 win streak (till the game glitched out and made me start back at 0...:urg:) with them a while ago and we have another member who is currently on a 110 win streak!

Quickscopers are in every CoD game now because they want to make their uberl337jumpoff3storybuildingsspinning720degreesnoscopezzirgrizz montages on YouTube so their friends think that they're cool!

And the spawns in this game are the best, they're not aids-inducing like MW2.

dead silence is the other one that comes to mind. again, not effective in large PC servers though. Fantastic against anyone who knows what they're doing though, because locating people via footsteps is great.

I don't know what morons you're playing that you get a kill 80% of the time though. Is no one capable of shooting you from a distance?
I only use dead silence in S&D since stealth is required there, no one uses a headset for TDM so martydrom fits that slot nicely.

And most people on XBL are bad at the game, they run towards my money when they manage to kill me. :awesome:

I played this game tonight and I was devastated by grenade spam. Maybe it was just the lobby, but 3 people were using Frag x3, Sonic Boom, and Martyrdom, and they were just lobbing nades at everything that moved. Even if I managed to kill them, 106 Martyrdom grenades would just magically fall from their pocket and destroy me...

Otherwise though it's a great game, especially for sniping.
Yeah, the game gets kinda gay when people do that. This game only has a bit of BS.

Lolz I use fragx3 and martyrdom :awesome:
:phone:
I love you.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man there is only one thing that keeps me from quitting this game

I only need to remember MW2 and everything compared to that game is alright

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
After playing this game, I can't really see why people love it so much, spawn points suck, bloc is the worst map known to mankind. Man, this game pisses me off almost as much as MW2.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
After playing this game, I can't really see why people love it so much, spawn points suck, bloc is the worst map known to mankind. Man, this game pisses me off almost as much as MW2.
Does not compute. The spawns are the best I've seen in any CoD game (Nothing is perfect tho) and Bloc is a decent map, use my ninja MP5 class to rush the buildings and shoot snipers in their backs. :p

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Does not compute. The spawns are the best I've seen in any CoD game (Nothing is perfect tho) and Bloc is a decent map, use my ninja MP5 class to rush the buildings and shoot snipers in their backs. :p
Pretty sure I posted what is arguably the worst spawn trap in any CoD game. Tim, with the bias. :mad:

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Yes! I knew I wasn't the only one who thought the spawns sucked. Though it also doesn't help that I'm bad at the game. Idk I guess Black Ops is just easier to play in general.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
What? So far the spawns I've seen are god awful. I spawn looking at enemies all the time. 1v1 cage match is hilarious.

:phone:
Really? I've rarely seen that in this game but oh well. Never tried cage match.

Pretty sure I posted what is arguably the worst spawn trap in any CoD game. Tim, with the bias. :mad:
That's HQ. That's why I don't play that mode.

Yes! I knew I wasn't the only one who thought the spawns sucked. Though it also doesn't help that I'm bad at the game. Idk I guess Black Ops is just easier to play in general.
Use the M16.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I wish I could play this game more but sometimes when I play I see people get infected by this weird hack and I back out of the lobby. What does this hack do exactly? If its some kind of permanent thing then I might not play CoD4 for a while so I can avoid it.

D

Deleted member

I don't know about that. Infinity Ward's reputation for patching things is sketchy at best. Remember the 1887's?

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
The hack gives people any of the following: autoregenerating ammo, enhanced aim assist, enhanced jump, increased bullet damage, a wallhack which places a green square on top of all enemies (its size being relative to how close they are), constant UAV, selective spawns.

Thats all I have gathered from the current hacked distopia that is CoD4.
In other news, I am good at this game. my K/D was a solid .5 because I sniped for my first 40 levels. I brought it up to a 1.0 starting at level 39 in 25 matches. I pulled massive K/Ds even in the games where my entire team went negative and the other team had spawn trapping hackers. I pulled a 7 feed on TDM at one point. They just kept spawning right in front of me. (That makes me moist)
I planned to start tryharding one day, and I did so with these classes.

MP5 @ Silencer / USP 45
Frag/Stun
-Bandolier
-Stopping power
-Steady Aim

The MP5 has the perfect amount of kick at all ranges for me. Up close, Steady Aim provides quick kills and the ability to handle multiple players at once, especially since I common play groundwar. Stopping Power ensures that I don't get frustrated with having to use 5 bullets to kill at long ranges. I burst fire and usually pull what seems to be 3-4.

AK74u @ Silencer / USP 45
Frag/Stun
-Bandolier
-UAV Jammer
-Extreme Conditioning

This is my rushing/close range/midgame class. I usually use it once the other team starts to catch on to my patterns and starts pulling UAVs off of my bad teammates.
The 74u is a great weapon for close to mid range encounters and kills in a satisfactory amount of bullets at desired ranges for me. UAV jammer is there because I want to be unexpected. They shouldn't know that I'm coming so they can't prepare for me. Extreme conditioning is so I can abuse that they can't see me. Running is a stupid idea in any cod game unless its at the beginning of the match or you have cold blooded/ghost/UAV jammer.

R700 @ N/A / USP 45 (Dat remington)
Frag/Stun
-Bandolier
-Stopping Power
-Deep Impact

Everyone is on M40's ****. I like this gun more. I feel like I get less hitmarkers. There isn't much more reason.
Quickscoping in this game is fun, though, and feels like it takes a lot more skill than in MW2.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The MP5 class is okay, but if you play Ground War, the **** are you using a silencer for? Go Red Dot all day.

The 74u class in core is so bad I swear. In CoD4, attachments on both of the AKs reduce damage, on top of how much power you lose from UAV Jammer. Just go with no attachments.

R700 is eh, I'd still go with Stun x 3, Stopping, Extreme Conditioning Barrett.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I use the silencer on mp5 because regardless of how many dots there are on the enemy radar, I like to venture everywhere on the map where my teammates aren't so I don't get caught in high traffic situations. Plus, I like the iron sights more than reddot.
I have replaced the 74u with the G36 @ silencer because, after giving that class more attention, I realized how silly it was to use the 74u.
I LOOOVE TEH REMINGTON TOO MUUCH.
I have yet to find why people use extreme conditioning with snipers. Explain?

D

Deleted member

I tried to play this game today. Got hit by Frag x3/Sonic Boom nades at least 4 times. If it weren't for my love of the MP44, I'd hate this game.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I LOOOVE TEH REMINGTON TOO MUUCH.
I have yet to find why people use extreme conditioning with snipers. Explain?
R700 for sexiest CoD gun of all time.

Excon is used because there's like, nothing better to use with a sniper. At least with Excon you get a mobility boost so you can maneuver in conflict/get to a spot better.

Top Bottom