• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Yes, that bug is very annoying. BTW, PC= Dedicated servers..Your connection is superb(even though it's lower than mine) for pc gaming.

XBL= Different story.

I don't have a golden Uzi yet>_<, farthest I've gone with SMG's are a blue tiger MP5(I only use digital with it though) and a red tiger P90. Rest are at ****. Working on my AK-74u as we speak.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Steady Aim only helps your HIP FIRE accuracy it does nothing for sniper rifles and LMG's. Don't confuse people with BS..

quick question, can you read? i said no scopes. I never said that it helps with the sniper rifle's scoped shots. :]

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
quick question, can you read? i said no scopes. I never said that it helps with the sniper rifle's scoped shots. :]
Rawr..The only snipers 'steady aim' is good for are the following:

Dragonuv
M21
Barrett .50 cal.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Your handgun is better than a sniper with steady aim. Iron Lungs>Steady aim.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Rawr..The only snipers 'steady aim' is good for are the following:

Dragonuv
M21
Barrett .50 cal.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Your handgun is better than a sniper with steady aim. Iron Lungs>Steady aim.
WTF!?? hell no.. iron lungs = garbage :$ waste of a perk dudeee.. you shouldn't even be in your scope for that long, it should be scope, insta-breathe, shoot, unzoom :$

only useful perks, in my opinion when sniping:

steady aim, like i said with the m40,
dead silence <-- beautiful for search n destroy..

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Garbage? That's an interesting way of putting it. I'd love to see you supposedly 'no scope head shot' me in a one on one.

Although I'll admit, if indeed it's true that for 80% of your encounters from long range, ALL you need to do is scope and shoot, then I'll give you that, Iron Lungs is worthless. What sniper do you use?

ThreeX

Smash Lord
i've said like 50 times :$ lol, the M40, the 1st sniper riple.. bolt action, with 5 shots.. btw, if you wanna get that 1 on 1 goin, hit me up, my tag is "Deejor Peenor"

bored

Smash Ace
Creek is a good map (snipers heaven), Chinatown is just meh, unfortunately, Broadcast and Killhouse are cool. I still feel like Crash and Overgrown are the best maps.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
yea, creek is beast.. but i really like broadcast too.

tbh, my fav. maps are overgrown,crash [like u said :D], crossfire, bog and creek+ broadcast <3

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
My favorite levels are: Crossfire, Backlot and Crash. I really hate overgrown (stupid snipers!) and shipment (grenade throws!).

bored

Smash Ace
Exactly why I like Overgrown >:]

Shipment works also with snipers. Although I do get lucky with random frag throws from time to time.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
So no one here likes Downpour?! Shame on you.

SMG's and shotguns in that map own!

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
Exactly why I like Overgrown >:]

Shipment works also with snipers. Although I do get lucky with random frag throws from time to time.
You mean wet works? Shipment is the little box map. Man I've done 80 people FFA's on shipment before on the PC it's so chaotic 1 airstrike can land 100 kills atleast. and you can spawn camp for about 15 kills if you're lucky enough to be out of a martydom range.

My favorite map is overgrown and all the desert type maps. I can't remember every map name yet for some reason. Crash Strike and... the orange looking one.

My least favorite is vacant and the other tiny one with the statue in the middle.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
I played this game last night for the first time with two of my mates. I only won one game but it was too ridiculously fun for me to care. My favourite maps were the hangar with the smoking hole in the middle and the one with the shipment containers all over the place(based on previous posts I'm assuming it's called Shipment). Also, the last stand feature is something that needs to be integrated into all future FPS's.

bored

Smash Ace
You mean wet works? Shipment is the little box map. Man I've done 80 people FFA's on shipment before on the PC it's so chaotic 1 airstrike can land 100 kills atleast. and you can spawn camp for about 15 kills if you're lucky enough to be out of a martydom range.

My favorite map is overgrown and all the desert type maps. I can't remember every map name yet for some reason. Crash Strike and... the orange looking one.

My least favorite is vacant and the other tiny one with the statue in the middle.
Oops, Yeah, I did mean wet works, I have a horrible time memorizing the names of certain maps.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Vacant is really good if you use the martydrom or deep impact perk. I usually go prone under a window in the main hallway and own people there with my m4.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
so, anyone actually wanna play some cod or we jus gonna discuss it? :p

edit: or, if anyone wants to play vegas 2, even though i suck at it.. it's still fun lol

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I'm missing only one golden weapon, the Mini Uzi. I don't feel like getting it.

Golden M60 ftw.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
:| all i got is the dragunov >>' i kinda want the uzi.. but i don't use anything but a sniper...

note:

i'm 5-0 in sniper 1v1's on killhouse, if anyone wants to try to challenge it, hit me up :]

my tag is: Deeeeejay XL

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
What game modes do you guys play. Shipment is by far my favorite...I have gone prestige a couple times already...I average about 900 exp per match.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I play domination. My average is around 37+ kills a game. Sometimes I may go on a spree of 40+ for like 10 matches straight.

I really want to play Ninja Gaiden 2 already..>_<

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I play Ground War; TDM, and Domination.

Sometimes I have my on matches, sometimes I'm off, but I've gone prestige once now.
Going to just get all the weapon camo's for headshots now; prestige, imo, is a waste of time.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Wow, I've never posted in this thread? Weird.

Yeah, I play this game quite a lot on XBox 360. My gamertag is soldierswithegg, and I'll add anyone as long as you tell me you're from smashboards. I don't take friend requests if I can't figure out why the person is requesting it.

Anyhow, I play a lot of Search and Destroy, both HC and non-HC. I play quite a bit of Team Deathmatch, but I avoid HC in that because everything just gets too jumbled since you can't see where your team members are or where the enemy is, and just wind up wandering around looking for somebody to shoot. I play a decent amount of Free-for-all, and all other game modes once in a while to mix things up.

I love smoke grenades, and use them on pretty much all my classes. Stopping Power is great on non-HC, but I usually go with UAV Jammer on HC since people die so quickly anyway. I also love silenced weapons, and sneaking around behind the enemy team and then decimating them from behind without any of them noticing.

I'm one of the people who always goes for the objective, not one who plays every game like it's Team Death Match. Also, I hate teamkillers with a passion. If anyone teamkills intentionally on Hardcore S&D, I'll kill them every round after that, whether it was me they killed or not. I just can't stand people who get their kicks by ruining everyone else's fun in such a stupid way.

Now I'm going to list my classes, because I happen to have the game up and I'm hoping to prompt some discussion of class construction. I have more than five classes listed because I tend to switch them out depending on which game mode I'm playing.

Badger
Primary Weapon: Either M14 or M16A4 on non-HC. On HC I tend to use the G3. I always silence them.
Side Arm: USP .45 Silenced
Special Grenade: Smoke
Perk 1: Claymores
Perk 2: Stopping Power on non-HC, and UAV Jammer on HC
Perk 3: Deep Impact

Yeah, this is a great class for defending an objective in S&D, or just for general killing in TDM or FFA. Deep Impact is great when someone goes and tries to hide behind a wall or something after I start shooting them.

Bee
Primary Weapon: Silenced MP5
Perk 1: Bomb Squad
Perk 2: UAV Jammer
Perk 3: Extreme Conditioning

This class is probably the one I use the most. It's great in any kind of S&D game. I go in fast, get behind the enemy as quickly as possible, and wipe half the team out from behind. Of course, it doesn't always work, but when it does it's amazing. I sometimes substitute claymores for the Bomb Squad if I have a specific idea of how I want to use them. Then I rename the class Butterfly.

Bear
Primary Weapon: M60E4 with Grip
Perk 1: None. Slot is taken up by the grip.
Perk 2: Usually Juggernaut, but sometimes Stopping Power

This is a great class for either playing Rambo, or for pinning down enemies on objective type matches. It also has surprising range, and is also excellent in close combat. Really, the only area it lacks in is speed.

Bull
Primary Weapon: W1200 with Red Dot
Perk 1: Triple Frag Grenades
Perk 2: Juggernaut
Perk 3: Either Extreme Conditioning or Dead Silence

I tend to use this class when I anticipate a lot of close quarters fighting. I use my ridiculous Juggernaut health to enable me to get up close to the enemy. If I absolutely can't do that for some reason, I use the frag grenades to kill them or drive them out of cover. It's a pretty effective strategy.

Black Widow
Primary Weapon: Dragunov
Perk 1: Claymores
Perk 2: Stopping Power on non-HC, and UAV Jammer on HC

I find the Dragunov to be a surprisingly effective sniper rifle. I used to use either the M40A3 or the Barrett, but I find I enjoy the Dragunov far more. It just feels right, somehow, and I do quite well with it. However, I'm not an expert sniper by any means.

Hey, this post is big.

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
New PC patch is OUT!

Call of Duty 4 version 1.6 INCLUDES:

-4 new maps for FREE (console version's had to pay)
-Oldschool and Hardcore filters (thank god, hardcore sucks)
-Balance changes (hardly noticeable for noobs)

My personal review of the maps!

Creek - Huge and beautifully colored map, sadly this map is a sniper fest. The sniper suits (can't spell the name of it) blend in perfect with every surrounding. The cave is easily camped from snipers above and C4 (which isn't good for search and destroy because one of the sites is down there). This map had potential but with all the open space it's too deadly to run around with short ranged weapons because of the sniper potential. Only way to use other weapons is to have smoke grenades ready to cover you and your team. It's interesting, but its not a good level for more than maybe 8 people.

KillHouse - This map is just like Wetworks, but it's very bright and sandy while everyone is in dark uniforms so there's no stealth unlike Wetworks. This map is also like Shipment because of its really small size. Think about Conjoining Wetworks and Shipment in a really bright room. Nade spam and LMG's are going to be the most used here for all game types. FUNNY thing on this map, there is a POSTER of a SOLDIER on the wall in this one room. I've watched so many people die today because they thought it was real, then unloaded at it, and shooting at it revealed their location and they got stomped on. This is a challenge grind level or just a level to spam as much splash damage as you can to get a top score. Don't we have enough of these levels already?!

BroadCast - This is a great map, it has everything. It has a huge outside, a huge indoors area with lots of cover, doorways, but fair enough so its not a camp fest. It's a beautiful level and very colorful. This map can actually hold the PC limit of 64 people without it becoming a nade fest (yes, there are 64 people servers but I rarely play on them it gets too crazy, I like to play 48 man servers though and this map works very well for that limit and the whole map is used up without being so cluttered of people). There are many ways to drop in at people who are lurking the bottom level when you're on the top level. There is only one problem with this map so far: The team that is spawning outside of the building is really vulnerable to airstrikes (kind of like Vacant, except in Vacant you can usaually run to a room before dying). This can be a real problem in 5 - 5 to 12 - 12 Search and Destroy mode where one team can be obliterated when the round starts. Great map overall though.

Chinatown - This is an awkward map, there are many buildings and windows to camp in and scout around in (I kinda like it). The level is meduim-large I say, about as big as Crash. The level design can get confusing though, as there are many ways to go from point A to point B. There are machine guns that are oddly placed around the level (2 I think, 1 is on ground level behind sandbags and 1 can spawn kill). The map is also pretty visually as well, and there are many odd camping spots too. I like this map.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Alright Mediocre I'll send you a friend request.

My gamertag is the same as my username here. However, I'll be quite occupied with Ninja Gaiden 2 in the coming days.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Creek - Huge and beautifully colored map, sadly this map is a sniper fest. The sniper suits (can't spell the name of it) blend in perfect with every surrounding. The cave is easily camped from snipers above and C4 (which isn't good for search and destroy because one of the sites is down there).
I find that if I hang back around the middle of the cave with a LMG, and don't go rushing out to get shot, I can get tons of kills. Also, smoke grenades do wonders if you want to get out of the cave. Just let it sit there and smoke a little while while the enemy fruitlessly throws grenades into the smoke, and then run out and to the right once they've given up. Then just go up the slope that should be on your left, because that's usually quite lightly guarded.

This map had potential but with all the open space it's too deadly to run around with short ranged weapons because of the sniper potential. Only way to use other weapons is to have smoke grenades ready to cover you and your team.
I don't agree with this at all. I've gone 25-1-1 on this map with UAV Jammer and a silenced MP5 in Team Deathmatch, and I'm not all that great a player. I had smoke grenades, but I only ever used two of the them because that's all I ever got. You just have to go in ways where you're relatively concealed. Through the cave if people don't guard it well. If not, you climb up the hills from the ravine. Just go straight up from the center of the ravine, not on the edges. It works surprisingly well. By the way, you can climb almost directly up the cliff. There's a slopping log you can get up on from the base of the ravine, and from there you can climb up onto the ledge that runs along that side of the ravine.

EDIT: When I went 25-1-1, I had a silenced MP5 and UAV Jammer. It wasn't as if I got all those kills in straight fire fights. Mostly I was going around behind the enemy team and catching them all unawares.

KillHouse - This map is just like Wetworks, but it's very bright and sandy while everyone is in dark uniforms so there's no stealth unlike Wetworks. This map is also like Shipment because of its really small size. Think about Conjoining Wetworks and Shipment in a really bright room. Nade spam and LMG's are going to be the most used here for all game types. FUNNY thing on this map, there is a POSTER of a SOLDIER on the wall in this one room. I've watched so many people die today because they thought it was real, then unloaded at it, and shooting at it revealed their location and they got stomped on. This is a challenge grind level or just a level to spam as much splash damage as you can to get a top score. Don't we have enough of these levels already?!
Actually, I find this level to be large enough that grenades aren't nearly as effective as on Shipment. It's a fast paced level, sure, but large enough so that it's not a total nade fest.

Of course, since the PC version allows so many more people, your experience might be different from mine.

BroadCast
Yeah, Broadcast is good.

Chinatown - This is an awkward map, there are many buildings and windows to camp in and scout around in (I kinda like it). The level is meduim-large I say, about as big as Crash. The level design can get confusing though, as there are many ways to go from point A to point B. There are machine guns that are oddly placed around the level (2 I think, 1 is on ground level behind sandbags and 1 can spawn kill). The map is also pretty visually as well, and there are many odd camping spots too. I like this map.
I like Chinatown. It feels much less linear and more natural than just about any other COD map, except maybe District. I'm pretty sure there are actually three mounted machine guns, I think. The one on ground level, one in the second story of a building, and one in the big grassy area on one side of the map. They're placed kind of unevenly, actually, now that I think about it. That's probably okay though, because mounted machine guns make you so vulnerable anyway in this game.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
My favorite setup on this game is pretty much a spec ops invisible set up.

MP5 is silenced, I have extra flash bangs and cannot be detected by the UAV, I get tons of kills this way.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Hmm, but that's why I use headphones [not talking about the xbox headset with mic, a seperate headphone, plugged into the tv] so i can hear all kinds of footsteps, and where they're from :]

top notch class:

Primary: M40
secondary: USP [silenced]

perk1- RPGs [YAYUHZZZ]
perk2- stopping power [ya need it :D]
perk3- dead silence/steady aim for no-scopes [mainly for deathmatch]

add me if you'd like, tag is Deeeeejay XL

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Who plays PC version? We should have an SWF server.

My SN is Burninader. I've only had the game for a week or so, so i haven't got everything, only rank 34. Not that that means much since you can to rank 55 just by playing long enough XD.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I have a new class!

Name: "Ninja"
Main weapon: MP5 (Nothing attached to it but when I unlock the silencer for it, I'ma definitely put that on!)
Second weapon: Default pistol (w/ silencer)
Perk 1: Claymores x2
Perk 2: Jugganaut (I would put stopping power on but it's already powerful enough trust me)
Perk 3: Steady Aim (BEAST PERK)

And I never knew how much the MP5 with Steady Aim is! I dummy ppl when I run into them, they try to aim down their sights but I just hip fire and fill em with lead! The only bad thing about it in my opinion, is it's range since it's a SMG (not meant for long range) but w/e, it's a beast close-medium range!

And I'm now a lvl 27 2nd lieutenant because I dummy at search n' destroy! 50 points per kill is sweet! Not to mention the 100 point for planing the bomb/defusing it and 25 for assists! :)

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
And I'm now a lvl 27 2nd lieutenant because I dummy at search n' destroy! 50 points per kill is sweet! Not to mention the 100 point for planing the bomb/defusing it and 25 for assists! :)
Only problem with using S&D for unlocking stuff is that it takes forever to rack up enough kills to get the new attachments or camouflage patterns.

I usually play Search and Destroy, simply because people tend to play a lot more intelligently if dying means they have to wait a few minutes before they can play again.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The sequel to COD4 has recently been officially announced.

The title is speculated to be "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2" and the developer will mostly likely be IW (Infinity Ward) because they wouldn't let Treyarch create a sequel to the best COD game (COD4) in the series.

Will be released Fall '09. I'm gonna say it'll be released on the 360, PS3 and PC. Sorry Wii owners!

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/12/03/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-announced/

Darkslash

Smash Master
If treyarch ported the Call of duty 4 engine(which i assume the Call of Duties are going to use till mid Gen 8) and Infinity Ward is the superior developer, then they would have no problem with porting the wii version. Actually since the engine was already ported they would have no problem making the game itself seeing Treyarch already did the porting. Actually i think INFINITY WARD did the porting them selves.

In other words, i see no reason why Modern Warfare 2 shouldn't be on the Wii.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
FOURZEROTWO'S latest Twitter:

"Heads up - A patch is in the works to elminate the cheaters in COD4 on Xbox360. Going through certification now. Cheaters days are numbered. 23 minutes ago"

In case you didn't know, people were modding their 360's in order to gain unfair advantages over other players. (i.e. God mode, infinite ammo, fly up in the air etc.)

www.fourzerotwo.com
www.twitter.com/fourzerotwo
http://kotaku.com/5231873/infinity-ward-to-eliminate-cheaters-in-call-of-duty-4

EDIT: Patch is up!

FOURZEROTWO's latest Twitter:

"Multiplayer in Call of Duty 4 is once again mod & hacks free. The patch to eliminate cheaters just went live."

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
this doesn't include controller mods.
would anyone like to clarify why the hell people like the m40. its a 3 shot kill bolt action. and it has more recoil than a draganove.
The only way they can stop people from using turbo/modded controllers is to only allow official microsoft xbox 360 controllers to be used with the console and block/deny any unofficial/third party ones but I don't ever see them doing that.

And the M40 is the best sniper rifle, use SP with it and it's a OHK (if you hit them in the upper torse/body because of the damage multiplier) Juggernaut cancels out SP tho so no sniper rifle can kill a juggernaut user unless it's a headshot?

And it has alot of recoil because you're not supposed to spam/fire your whole clip of sniper bullets in a few seconds, snipers are supposed to fire, wait a few seconds, breath in and then fire another shot.

M40 > R700/.50 cal > Dragonav/M21

Top Bottom