• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
FaZe is a clan that gained overwhelming popularity seemingly over night. They were essentially the first trickshotting clan and they are the reason why Search in MW2 is overrun with ballerina snipers.

Members do play CoD4 Ground War and HCHQ trying to go for clips and be annoying in general. I don't care much for them.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Well, I don't like the fact that everyone turned S&D into a "Ballerina ****hole," but FaZe just wants to make impressive material. It isn't their fault that everyone is on their ****s.
FaZe didn't do anything to the lobbies. The twelve year old ****** impersonators did.
That being said, I don't care much for them either, but their content as of late has been impressive.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I got deranked a few weeks ago, so now all playlists are unavailable.
I burrowed my soon-to-be brother in law's harddrive and played on his account.
Joined a lobby of HC Headquarters, two legit members of FaZe are there.

I ****ING COLLAT'D BOTH AGONY AND TRICK AT THE SAME TIME WITH MY REMINGTON
PRAISE ME ******S

Not that I've ever given a **** about FaZe; it's just nice to see famous people.
You can still play. I think all you have to do is get someone to invite you/join session in progress and you can still play the online MP normally. (Correct me if I'm wrong on this.)

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I got deranked a few weeks ago, so now all playlists are unavailable.
I burrowed my soon-to-be brother in law's harddrive and played on his account.
Joined a lobby of HC Headquarters, two legit members of FaZe are there.

I ****ING COLLAT'D BOTH AGONY AND TRICK AT THE SAME TIME WITH MY REMINGTON
PRAISE ME ******S

Not that I've ever given a **** about FaZe; it's just nice to see famous people.
This is why I hate hackers and also why I wish Infinity Ward has a 0 tolerance policy for hackers. Hackers just seem to want to ruin the game for everybody. Is it even possible to rank up after you're de-ranked or are you stuck there?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
This is why I hate hackers and also why I wish Infinity Ward has a 0 tolerance policy for hackers. Hackers just seem to want to ruin the game for everybody. Is it even possible to rank up after you're de-ranked or are you stuck there?
Microsoft does have a zero tolerance policy for hackers. File complaints and they get banned.

Yes, but you're probably something like negative 2 million XP or something like that.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Just a tip for those of you that might get deranked in the future, if you sense anything is wrong during a game, dashboard immediately.

You won't be deranked and it'll all work out.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Just a tip for those of you that might get deranked in the future, if you sense anything is wrong during a game, dashboard immediately.

You won't be deranked and it'll all work out.
Good to know, I'll keep this in mind for the future.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Microsoft does have a zero tolerance policy for hackers. File complaints and they get banned.

Yes, but you're probably something like negative 2 million XP or something like that.
Really? I usually file complaints against them, and lag switchers, but it seems like there's millions of them so it made me wonder if Microsoft actually bans people.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Really? I usually file complaints against them, and lag switchers, but it seems like there's millions of them so it made me wonder if Microsoft actually bans people.
Yes, since XBL is a paid subscription online service, Microsoft regularly takes a look at user filed complaints and bans offenders. Also, before a huge AAA title is released (i.e. Halo, CoD, Battlefield etc.) they do a huge "ban wave" for hackers who modded their consoles and downloaded the game(s) early. (IIRC, about a million or so people were banned before MW2 was released.)

Keep filing complaints, trust me. It works. They can take a look at their network history/status for any signs of abuse.

On the PSN, they do not ban people.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I have reached a height in my life of CoD.
Today, on Bog, I achieved a six feed with the M40. I didn't reload. The first two were quickscopes; then, when I realized that they were spawning in my sights, I hardscoped two of them. I figured they had started to spawn somewhere else after a second, so I scoped out to reload. Three of them spawned in the same place. I noscoped and got a collateral.

I wish I got into a lobby with FaZe =(
I've just been in a couple Search lobbies with Dare before.
I've done it before. Its pretty easy to stalk their games. Next time you're on, I can help you get into one of their games.
It isn't super exciting, though, because most of them are terribly lucky.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Word? They're actually going to do work on this game?

Might just go pick it up again - it is my favorite, imo.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Yes it does. I've gotten people kicked off with complaints. They do check for hackers. You can even get your friends kicked off for a day or two for really stupid stuff. One of my friends changed his bio to "Halo Reach is gay" when the game came out, and since I really liked it at the time, I filed a complaint as a joke, and he got a 24 hour ban from live.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
That looks amazing.
I agree, F8AL, but I don't think that will ever happen.
Yeah...Microsoft does not like/allow user-created content on their console. x_x

Yes it does. I've gotten people kicked off with complaints. They do check for hackers. You can even get your friends kicked off for a day or two for really stupid stuff. One of my friends changed his bio to "Halo Reach is gay" when the game came out, and since I really liked it at the time, I filed a complaint as a joke, and he got a 24 hour ban from live.
I think they've changed their policy now on using those terms. I dunno.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Yes, since XBL is a paid subscription online service, Microsoft regularly takes a look at user filed complaints and bans offenders. Also, before a huge AAA title is released (i.e. Halo, CoD, Battlefield etc.) they do a huge "ban wave" for hackers who modded their consoles and downloaded the game(s) early. (IIRC, about a million or so people were banned before MW2 was released.)

Keep filing complaints, trust me. It works. They can take a look at their network history/status for any signs of abuse.

On the PSN, they do not ban people.
Yes, they do.

Star Wars Mod: Galactic Warfare v1.0 Release Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dToRs1Jmg08

Looks sooooooo sick. Wish they'd allow this on the 360. :c
I remember seeing the trailer for this two years ago. It's finally done, I might just have to buy CoD4 for PC.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I read that they only ban you if you really screw up. Like, if you get banned from a game, you just make a new PSN in 5 minutes.

And yeah, I have CoD4 for the PC but I'm just too lazy to install it. :c

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I read that they only ban you if you really screw up. Like, if you get banned from a game, you just make a new PSN in 5 minutes.

And yeah, I have CoD4 for the PC but I'm just too lazy to install it. :c
How can you be that lazy? Its freaking Galactic Warefare. If my PC could run that I'd play it so much.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I'd rather play video games on a console, not a PC. Personal perference.

Is your computer really that bad? :(
I prefer console gaming too, but Galactic Warefare looks soooooo good, its a great substitute for Star Wars Battlefront 3. And yeah my computer is that bad. I can try lowering more settings again. It also doesn't help that my new router is worse than the other one so I always have a 3 bar instead of 4, my last router got fried during a storm. But I'm gonna get a wired connection soon so hopefully my connection will be better.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Hey has anyone here played the DLC maps in this game? I'm asking cause EBgames is selling the GOTY edition of CoD4 for $10 and I'm willing to double dip for this, haha.

I know it's $10 for the map pack on the XBLM/PSN but here, you get another copy of the other stuff. (Which is always good.) :)

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Hey has anyone here played the DLC maps in this game? I'm asking cause EBgames is selling the GOTY edition of CoD4 for $10 and I'm willing to double dip for this, haha.

I know it's $10 for the map pack on the XBLM/PSN but here, you get another copy of the other stuff. (Which is always good.) :)
I don't think you get the map pack with the goty edition, I never did at least. Regardless the map pack itself is 10 dollars on xbl marketplace anyway.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a good way to tell stories. After the cut scenes and the subtext, not the developer Infinity Ward to the player's first-person perspective tasks. Call of Duty 4 has an award-winning first-person shooter, complete the riveting action, solid story and a variety of circumstances, to maintain the player's expectations and desire for more standard.
..........Wut?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a good way to tell stories. After the cut scenes and the subtext, not the developer Infinity Ward to the player's first-person perspective tasks. Call of Duty 4 has an award-winning first-person shooter, complete the riveting action, solid story and a variety of circumstances, to maintain the player's expectations and desire for more standard.
Hahahahahahaha oooooh my god I can't breathe

Top Bottom