• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 Results 09/20/08 LOW TIER

Lukky

Smash Cadet
JLB has the best $h!t talk, just thought I'd put that out there

hova

Smash Champion
thumbs- copying **** i say isn't clever; are you in like 5th grade or some ****? i was at a tourney like two weeks ago

you should go down to Sova and win their tourney this weekend, then i'll admit you're better than me... or you should get a shirt that says "i'm too sensitive" so i'll know to leave you alone

jcaeser- i talk mad **** in person... all the time and so do plank, chillin, neo, and travis

thumbswayup

Smash Master
blah blah blah
k

you should go down to Sova and win their tourney this weekend, then i'll admit you're better than me... or you should get a shirt that says "i'm too sensitive" so i'll know to leave you alone
You should get a shirt that says, "I'm a douche bag on smashboards and proud of it", so everyone will know to ignore you.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
In the hands of one as gay as Plank, yes. Basically, to beat me all you have to do is pick Pikachu and ledgecamp with neutral b and neutral air for 8 minutes. I'll also hate you forever.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Nah, it didn't actually last 8 minutes, that was just Plank's plan. You can't really do anything when he just runs and spams the whole match. I figured out a way to sort of deal with it at the end, but he got the last hit in and won.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
@ninja link
i can win :D i just press buttons and hope they work, i mean wolf is a counter pick... its not like he's metagay

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
@ninja link
i can win :D i just press buttons and hope they work, i mean wolf is a counter pick... its not like he's metagay
Wait till u find out why wolf counters olimar.............LMAO! GET *****!!! Not sure if candy knows though.......if he doesnt then u could win. If he does know.........guaranteed lost.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
even at a tourney where all high tiers are banned
Diddy is probably S tier.

He'll be S tier or top of A on AiB's official tier list when it's done.

He's EXTREMELY underrated and I don't think the Smash community understands how to make a proper tier list based on ratios of bad matches to good matches and how much they are won and lost by. Other fighting game communities have much more accurate tier lists. You can find a random American Guilty Gear tier list and compare it to a totally unrelated Japanese one where they had no contact with each other and it will be extremely similar anyways. This doesn't happen at all with Smash tier lists even between states.

1: Chu Datz: Pikachu/Sheik/Ice Climbers (A or B, A, and A tier)
2: Plank: DK/Sheik/Pikachu/Zelda/Olimar (A or B, A, A or B, A, and B tier)
3: Thumbswayup: Diddy (S tier)
4: Pyronic~Star: Olimar (B tier)
5: Forte: Peach/Samus/Zelda (B or C, D, A tier)
5: crappycola: Fox (A or B tier)
7: A^D: Ike/Wolf (C, B or C tier)
7: Karas: Toon Link (A tier)
9: Skins: Trainer/Luigi (B or C, B or C tier)
9: DEND
9: Yoster: Yoshi (D tier)
9: Tope: Toon Link/Wolf/Trainer (A, B or C, B or C tier)
13: dialtone
13: Mr.Pockets: Ike (C tier)
13: SSR
13: iNooblet: Toon Link (A tier)
Very few actual C or D tier characters were used, while a plethora of A's and B's were used, and even an S tier.

Examples of why Zelda/Sheik are A tier:
-Sheik has high damage combos that actually work
-Sheik's grab release boost smash does 29% to Meta Knight
-Do random combos and grab release boost smash stuff, etc, turn into Zelda, d-tilt --> u-smash ***** almost every character
-Zelda can **** with grab release f-air on Wario and grab release u-smash
-Zelda can camp very well and is very hard to punish due to almost no recovery time after moves
-Zelda eats shields
-Sheik's chain is not even understood yet and it does all sorts of crazy things

Pikachu can just up b everywhere and CG a lot of characters, often to death. Anther beat Overswarm and Needle of Juntah recently with Pikachu.

Olimar cripples over half of the cast with his shieldgrab alone. If you don't allow the actual good characters with tools to handle his random pointing at you that is huge, fast, and has almost no recovery time nonsense, then he has an easy win all the time.

Ice Climbers grab you and you die and CG 100% of the cast. That >>>>>>>>>>>> low tiers.

Fox kills everything at under 100% with u-smash, is actually fast, and can camp lasers. That >>>>>>>>> low tiers.

If someone like Ryoko, who knows all the ridiculous Sheik/Zelda stuff I listed and lots more, entered this tournament while being allowed to use Sheik/Zelda, everyone else would have had a 0% chance of winning because an amazing character was allowed to compete against bad ones. Need I mention NinjaLink's Diddy?

Pre-emptive @ chillindude829: Your perception of my skill has no relevance to the factual arguement I have presented. You have no idea how to make an accurate tier list and apparently don't know a LOT of things about this game if you think Diddy is mid tier and characters like Toon Link are bad.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Diddy isnt S tier. He has his bad matchups. Hes A(+) if anything. S tier would be MK, Snake, GW. Meta would be S+. D3 and falco would be A+. Rob would be A along with other chars. (marth, lucario, DK, Diddy, luigi, toon link and a couple others.) Zelda is a B(+) and sheik is B (-). I would know. I kinda mained zelda when brawl started because she had the easiest transition for me being i used zelda in melee. Came natural. Anyway. Zelda cant camp. Ppl still think that? wow. U can just hit dins fire and it clashes.

It is questionable because this is a low tier tourney. Yea out of all the chars i see. DK/Diddy is the highest one followed by Luigi. If Diddy 'were' the highest one, the best char would be DK and/or toon link. TL has the advantages against most of those chars there. But whatever its over with. Just saying i think its good to discuss 'real' tiers. But i forgive it since i know the idea was originally just a non -meta knight tourney

Inui

Banned via Warnings
It's very arguable about Diddy being bottom of S tier or top of A. Diddy has less bad matches than Snake does, and only one wtfrape Match in Falco while Snake loses pretty badly to Dedede, Falco, and DK.

At the very least, we're in agreement that Diddy is a very good character that is completely unfit for a low tier tournament.

Din's Fire =/= Zelda's only camping tool. Her large f-smash that eats shields and has almost no punishable frames is amazing for zoning.

I don't think you know enough about what Sheik and Zelda are capable of in Brawl because you think they're not amazing, LOL. I watched Ryoko beat Atomsk in tourny, nearly beat teh_spamerer, beat M2K in multiple friendlies, beat Snakeee and dmbrandon in tourny, and other awesome stuff with Zelda/Sheik. They are both VERY underrated characters. The fact that Sheik counters Meta Knight heavily on FD is pretty awesome, too. Did I mention that Zelda counters Wario, another amazing character?

chillindude829

Smash Master
Pre-emptive @ chillindude829: Your perception of my skill has no relevance to the factual arguement I have presented. You have no idea how to make an accurate tier list and apparently don't know a LOT of things about this game if you think Diddy is mid tier and characters like Toon Link are bad.
I think you're missing the point here. Though it's really cute how you put so much time and effort into establishing why this tourney being called "low tier" was a misnomer, no one complained about the format of this tourney and the characters they allowed, and people enjoyed the event. "Low tier" is simply a name, nothing more, and calling a tourney low tier certainly doesn't require the tourney host to follow a certain set of guidelines when deciding which characters to allow. And I'm not sure what that random accusation regarding my ability to make a tier list was about, unless you're referring to the H2YL tier list which is nearly 3 months old. In that case, if you think that's my current opinion, you're clearly mistaken.

To summarize: inui no one asked your opinion why don't you go back to losing to sonic

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't think you know enough about what Sheik and Zelda are capable of in Brawl because you think they're not amazing, LOL. I watched Ryoko beat Atomsk in tourny, nearly beat teh_spamerer, beat M2K in multiple friendlies, beat Snakeee and dmbrandon in tourny, and other awesome stuff with Zelda/Sheik. They are both VERY underrated characters. The fact that Sheik counters Meta Knight heavily on FD is pretty awesome, too. Did I mention that Zelda counters Wario, another amazing character?
If a character is "high tier" yet nobody ever plays the character in tournament, is the character still high tier?

Top Bottom