• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 Results 09/20/08 LOW TIER

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
Well just finished reading this thread and have a few shout outs .

Good **** Plank with your ghey strat i cant believe you got to use it in tournament .

Good **** hova

thumbs stop complaining brawl is made to be gay .

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I think you're missing the point here. Though it's really cute how you put so much time and effort into establishing why this tourney being called "low tier" was a misnomer, no one complained about the format of this tourney and the characters they allowed, and people enjoyed the event. "Low tier" is simply a name, nothing more, and calling a tourney low tier certainly doesn't require the tourney host to follow a certain set of guidelines when deciding which characters to allow. And I'm not sure what that random accusation regarding my ability to make a tier list was about, unless you're referring to the H2YL tier list which is nearly 3 months old. In that case, if you think that's my current opinion, you're clearly mistaken.
You're right about the first part.

Does the "official" tier list reflect your current opinion? That list is also very inaccurate. I was under the impression that you played a large role in making that one.

Ankoku said:
If a character is "high tier" yet nobody ever plays the character in tournament, is the character still high tier?
The obvious answer to this question is "yes."

Just because the character isn't used a lot doesn't mean they don't have a very good ratio of good matches to bad matches and can be a good character.

A character's popularity has no effect on their match-ups.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The obvious answer to this question is "yes."

Just because the character isn't used a lot doesn't mean they don't have a very good ratio of good matches to bad matches and can be a good character.

A character's popularity has no effect on their match-ups.
Is the point of a low-tier tournament to force players to play bad characters with bad matchups? Or is it to add some variety to character representation by having players use relatively under-represented characters?

If one person (Taj) beats other good high and top tier character players with Mewtwo, does that mean Mewtwo is underrepresented, highly underrated, or simply being played by an amazing player? If one person (Ryoko) determines with his character (Zelda/Sheik) several ways to take advantage of matchups against popular high tier characters (which are banned in this tourney in question), does it matter if the character Sheik is allowed in when yet unproven in matchups against the remainder of the cast?

You can act like you're freakin' Mew2King and talk about how Diddy is insanely good and Sheik is the best character in Melee because you say so (though Mew2King might be on to something, but who knows), or you can stop confusing fact with opinion and realize that if one person does well with a character against other characters, it is not an accurate representation of character matchups at all.

hova

Smash Champion
Diddy is amazing and fun to play as, but is gay and annoying when playing against LOL.

who cares about tiers. g-regulate will beat you with anyone
Is the point of a low-tier tournament to force players to play bad characters with bad matchups? Or is it to add some variety to character representation by having players use relatively under-represented characters?

If one person (Taj) beats other good high and top tier character players with Mewtwo, does that mean Mewtwo is underrepresented, highly underrated, or simply being played by an amazing player? If one person (Ryoko) determines with his character (Zelda/Sheik) several ways to take advantage of matchups against popular high tier characters (which are banned in this tourney in question), does it matter if the character Sheik is allowed in when yet unproven in matchups against the remainder of the cast?

You can act like you're freakin' Mew2King and talk about how Diddy is insanely good and Sheik is the best character in Melee because you say so (though Mew2King might be on to something, but who knows), or you can stop confusing fact with opinion and realize that if one person does well with a character against other characters, it is not an accurate representation of character matchups at all.

i concur

what's up with the OOS invasion ?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Force players to use the bad characters, not just ones not used a lot.

I only base stuff on facts in the game when it comes to match-ups and on what can be argued well, not this other nonsense you're talking about.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
It's very arguable about Diddy being bottom of S tier or top of A. Diddy has less bad matches than Snake does, and only one wtfrape Match in Falco while Snake loses pretty badly to Dedede, Falco, and DK.

At the very least, we're in agreement that Diddy is a very good character that is completely unfit for a low tier tournament.

Din's Fire =/= Zelda's only camping tool. Her large f-smash that eats shields and has almost no punishable frames is amazing for zoning.

I don't think you know enough about what Sheik and Zelda are capable of in Brawl because you think they're not amazing, LOL. I watched Ryoko beat Atomsk in tourny, nearly beat teh_spamerer, beat M2K in multiple friendlies, beat Snakeee and dmbrandon in tourny, and other awesome stuff with Zelda/Sheik. They are both VERY underrated characters. The fact that Sheik counters Meta Knight heavily on FD is pretty awesome, too. Did I mention that Zelda counters Wario, another amazing character?
Once again, Stop telling me about how my chars work when u dont even use them. I kno them very well. How the hell u kno about diddys matchups when u dont use him. U dont kno the counter matchups at all. Stop goin by what u see. Im not taking away credit from ryoko but just because u see stuff doesnt mean u fully understand her strengths and weaknesses.
I know matchups alot better than most ppl being i ACTUALLY play the chars. U can ask me any random matchup and i'll go into detail about it.

ANYWAY, julia bond is hot LMAO

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
NinjaLink said:
I know matchups alot better than most ppl being i ACTUALLY play the chars. U can ask me any random matchup and i'll go into detail about it.
Toon Link vs Lucario. Go!

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
U ppl are funny.

TL vs Lucario could go either way but i think its 55:45 lucario. TL has disjointed hitboxes that matchs lucarios. Combos are about the same. The only difference is TL has projectiles that would get in lucarios way and make approach difficult. Lucario can gimp TL easily with dair on his recovery plus he has weight so TL would have a problem gettin that last hit to kill him. Being lucario gets stronger.........yea. moving on.

Ganon vs yoshi. WTF plank LMAO

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Just because I don't main a character or you haven't seen me use them a lot doesn't mean I can't comment on their match-ups and know what I'm talking about, NinjaLink. That's such an incorrect thing to assume.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Just because I don't main a character or you haven't seen me use them a lot doesn't mean I can't comment on their match-ups and know what I'm talking about, NinjaLink. That's such an incorrect thing to assume.
ok agreed. But dont say what diddys matchups are being i obviously would kno them better. Leave it at that.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You know more overall, but there's some stuff I'd know that you wouldn't from players like Atomsk and DaPuffster that also use Diddy. D:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'm really confused what is actually being argued about here...but I don't understand why EDIT NinjaLink's authority on Diddy is being questioned...

*is not surprised to see Inui engaged in an arguement

you bring this on yourself you know...

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I'm really confused what is actually being argued about here...but I don't understand why Ninja Link's authority on Diddy is being questioned...

*is not surprised to see Inui engaged in an arguement

you bring this on yourself you know...
I'm confused myself but whatever. Also confused at WHY PPL SPACE MY NAME STILL. ITS ONE WORD. AAAAAAAAAH (breathes).

chillindude829

Smash Master
ninjalink i was just kidding in my last post lol. also putting a space in your name isnt that bad, some people still call me chillen for ****s sake. but yea don't listen to inui he never has any clue what he's talking about

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
You'd be surprised how many people misspell Tantalus
Yo'd be surprised how much my name is spaced. Why waste time adding a space instead of just typing NinjaLink. i seen ninjalink, ninja link, Ninja link, Ninja Link....sigh Ninja link is another person on the boards i think. so is ninja_link.

'Meanwhile, back at the ranch.....'unlimited replay code is great. *** VCRS lmao

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
There is an unlimited replay code! Whoa

I need to get this- I would record so many more matches

NinjaLink did you catch my edit up there

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
ninjalink i was just kidding in my last post lol. also putting a space in your name isnt that bad, some people still call me chillen for ****s sake. but yea don't listen to inui he never has any clue what he's talking about
its cool :-p. yea i saw chillen alot......im like wtf. the e shouldnt be there XD

There is an unlimited replay code! Whoa

I need to get this- I would record so many more matches

NinjaLink did you catch my edit up there
http://www.allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=36298 theres the code

i caught the edit as well. my name isnt bolded LMAO j/k

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
sweet i'll have to get my code thing working sometime tomorrow and give that a whirl. That will be so amazing for battles (imagine if that Slik triple 9 hammer had come after 3 minutes)

Top Bottom