• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 MD/VA brawl tournament thread upcoming 5/23 saturday

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Yup.......gonna be playing that from now on, I see little reason to keep playing brawl seeing as how I don't even have a teammate, and I don't like singles much.

I'm getting it on 360 if anyone wants to play online.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
im seriously thinking of making pound 4 all melee

**** it, nobody actually likes brawl. why are we wasting our time when melee is so awesome??

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Its cool. Yea lets team for future tournaments if Azen doesn't show lolz.

****!!!! Is there ANYONE else that is left? (that is good =/ hehehz lolz)

tantalus.......? LOLZ jk but yea lets team again sometime!
id team with you chu but im teaming with meep. if you are looking for teammates in the future though i am down, kirby/snake is too good

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Melee is dead and Brawl sucks.

Starcraft, Persona 4, TvC, and SF4 for me! Anyone going to be playing this on a PS3. I'm not touching it for the 360. -.-

meepxzero

Smash Master
This game is so dead =x. And yah im gonna play my ice climbers like lain now because of people like neo timing the game out completely >_>a. I mean i only need one grab amirite? Why rack damage up with attacks lolol.

Lobos

Smash Master
lol its like everyone is being emo....

plank make it both....melee isn't completely dead but people don't wanna pay to enter in it either

brawl isn't dying....boss you just fail, lol people have been saying that even tho cot4 had like some 280+ people...

Trying to convince smashers to play other fighting games is pointless since we are "smashers".

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
****!!!! Is there ANYONE else that is left? (that is good =/ hehehz lolz)

tantalus.......? LOLZ jk but yea lets team again sometime!
Do I count as good? I wasn't gonna come to this tourney but if for some reason you want to team with me, I'll come.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
im seriously thinking of making pound 4 all melee

**** it, nobody actually likes brawl. why are we wasting our time when melee is so awesome??

Because nobody wants to pay to play in Melee Tournaments. Too many people play brawl now because its newer and there are more smashers thinking they can make it to the top. I loved Melee, don't get me wrong.. but I don't think it can make a comeback with everyone in the Brawl community striving to make something of themselves and perfecting the many characters available to them.

Melee will never die, it is still fun and many smashers prefer it over brawl, but its just not in the competitive scene anymore, its more of a "lets play melee for fun" game now. Same goes for Brawl, once the new Smash game comes out, it will end up being the same thing.

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

Don't get me wrong, I like Brawl way more than Melee. Its just that I can't play any Multiplayer game all by myself, too boring no matter what game it is. I'm always down for any game H2YL wanna play.

lol street fighter, 1998 game engines used to be tite, in 1998. When will Capcom not be too ***** to evolve? (does street fighter 4 even have a Back button?)

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

There's really still no Back button? oh god. Already the year 2009, one would expect advances to be made after over 10 years. Their developers must be a bunch of whiny old men that listen to the oldies their whole lives LOL

I still might download it just to have it.

boss8

Smash Hero
yea lobos...its true.....watching the same thing over and over is really boring....like in the finals its always gonna be a

snake...a mk a DDD or a falco.....its just to boring thats why whoever plays all those other characters are amazing and fun to watch other then the other people....

yea sure it was also a fox or a marth in the finals with melee.....but those fights always looked alot flashier and more amazing.....

ChuDat

Smash Master
Do I count as good? I wasn't gonna come to this tourney but if for some reason you want to team with me, I'll come.
Yes obviously ur good, good **** at Hats again btw! lolz. I would team with you, but u play rob. I don't think I work well with characters that camp, I need someone who is good, and aggressive. But hey, I'm not sure who else is up for grabs so i'll let ya know by thursday if we team, sound good?

Kadaj - Yea if u can make it down, i'll consider teaming with you. So far u are my best option, but.. I'd rather look into other possible teammates that can come to this (aka Hat, Korn, Neo, Turbo, ect..). Let me know though if ur coming fo sho.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
There's really still no Back button? oh god. Already the year 2009, one would expect advances to be made after over 10 years. Their developers must be a bunch of whiny old men that listen to the oldies their whole lives LOL

I still might download it just to have it.

yes if you select a character you dont want you can go back .... :p

lol

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
hmmmm

someone should team with my meta-gay, meta + almost anyone = good team, plus i can use rob for snake matchups and/or other people rob *****

I need some help here...someone good should team with me, well because we're gonna place good if we do. No lies!!

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
mabe come to this cuz i need money for the one at gamepad or i can screw gamepad n come ta this

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yes obviously ur good, good **** at Hats again btw! lolz. I would team with you, but u play rob. I don't think I work well with characters that camp, I need someone who is good, and aggressive. But hey, I'm not sure who else is up for grabs so i'll let ya know by thursday if we team, sound good?
That's cool. I understand if you want an aggressive teammate. My thing is more holding stock and getting gimps.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
SF4 does indeed have a back button, but Capcom shouldn't be so lenient on you indecisive people! XD

Anyway, though SF4 does lack teams, pretty much the only thing I enjoyed in brawl, the game is just.......so awesome. You can be so creative.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
I actually like brawl...as do many others. They're just a lot more quiet and humble =[

Whoever complains harder=the general opinion?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I actually like brawl...as do many others. They're just a lot more quiet and humble =[

Whoever complains harder=the general opinion?
lmao Kenny you've come up to me twice in the past few months claiming you were done with Brawl. You can "like" the game all you want, but that isn't the issue. The majority just prefer Melee and that's just the way it is. Why, I can name two dozen people in this area alone who prefer playing Melee over Brawl, and only play Brawl because it's popular.

I do like Brawl at times. When it is played legitimately and with skill like the way players such as Ally, G-reg, Forte, and Korn play it can be very fun. But the fact is the majority of people camp and play gay and CP gay stages and win by luck and no one likes that. If everyone played the game with skill I'd like it a lot more.

Anyway, no more of this argument. Melee for Pound 4 HELL YEAH!!!!!

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
what people dont realize is that brawl is like....chess.
its a very strategic game...you gotta actually be smart to understand and be really good at the game
you cant be an idiot and just memorize acouple AT and play really fast and become good....for those that are born stupid...stick to melee lmao

*waits for thumbs pro-melee/anti-brawl post*

g-regulate

Smash Hero
yea but candy the difference is that melee at a high level is like a chess match too, but it also has way more ATs. you cant just play fast and beat PC or Chu in melee, you still have to treat it like a chessmatch, but with much more technical skill involved. by the time melee ended, there were like 50+ people in the country who had ridiculous tech skill, after that it just came down to strategy

ChuDat

Smash Master
what people dont realize is that brawl is like....chess.
its a very strategic game...you gotta actually be smart to understand and be really good at the game
you cant be an idiot and just memorize acouple AT and play really fast and become good....for those that are born stupid...stick to melee lmao

*waits for thumbs pro-melee/anti-brawl post*
I think u have it the other way around man haha

boss8

Smash Hero
exactly candy dont be ********....no point in knowing all the AT's and techs in melee if you cant put them to good use am i right???

look at your set vs chudat......chu went for kirby grab speacials and u layed a bomb...chu knowing u will do this wisely waited.....its not just in brawl where u hafe to use your mind u also hafe to use it in melee(if not alot faster) then u hafe to in brawl.....mainly all i see is you walking around and pressing A and throwing bombs...sure it works.....but after a while it catches on.....where as in melee.....an AT or walking around doing the same thing gets you knowhere....

Top Bottom