• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 MD/VA brawl tournament thread upcoming 5/23 saturday

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Had this date posted in the first post for a little over 2 months now.
I know, and I've definitly posted about it before... like the 4th post of the thread...

Make one Melee, Tope.

Edit: Also, 3/21 is the Brawl day for an NC tourney: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=210642
... then stingers and BEHR posted about it right after I did...

yeah make it 3/28

NC tourney will actually be pretty big
Yuh Dont hurt us Bros. D:
... but as far as I know we didn't get a response from you about it.

So, I thought I'd ask again.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Tope try to get an earlier time if possible cuz I have to leave by midnight usually so I can stay for the whole thing if it was an earlier time. Also, the turnout was good so I don't think the manager would mind?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Green Greens is fine. Pirate Ship is only bannable cuz it's campy. If we ban that might as well ban norfair...

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Then we shouuld ban Delfino since that has wall infinites. Bombs are easily avoidable...

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
are there gonna be people at the center for friendlies there every saturday? cuz i don't wanna wait till next month to play ppl.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
If you don't want to wait, travel to a tournament in your state. There are plenty going on until the next C3. Just search the forums.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Earlier time isn't happening, sorry :(

as far as moving the date a week back I'm looking into it, but no promises.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'm not coming to this then, I gave C3 a chance to improve their standards. If they don't think it's good enough attendance for a 10 dollar venue fee, then screw C3.

10 dollar venue fee for 6-7 hour tournament is terrible. What a terrible service to the community. They think they are getting away with saving money, but in the end it is going to cost them this community.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I want to go to this. I may only be able to do teams though seeing as how ridiculously late this may go.

That said, if there are say 30 people there (and then a less than 16 team bracket), and I help run it, I would make teams start promptly at 5pm and I would then start singles bracket around 7pm once the teams bracket is down to the last 3-4 teams (so some teams will be going on while singles is going on).

I went to a tournament recently that was held between 5pm and 10pm. There were only 8 teams and a 24 person singles bracket, and everything, including the finals for both tournaments, was finish by 9:30pm (so 4.5 hours to run two tournaments, though they did have 9 set ups).

So, anyone have any gauge on the prospective turn out for this? Since HERB is the same weekend I would assume that it will be slightly lower. This is also the only day that I can go to a tournament in MD/VA while I'm back for my short break (so don't change the date please!).

Finally, I need a teammate. Greg does someone already have dibs on you? If not, who is good that needs a teammate?

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I'm not coming to this then, I gave C3 a chance to improve their standards. If they don't think it's good enough attendance for a 10 dollar venue fee, then screw C3.

10 dollar venue fee for 6-7 hour tournament is terrible. What a terrible service to the community. They think they are getting away with saving money, but in the end it is going to cost them this community.
I completely agree Tant. That's why I got Gamepad to step it up.. I didn't like what I was seeing at the C3 events. :\

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Aren't most people going to HERB in NC?

Anyways, I should probably go to this and run the tourney. AZ and I would be **** TO team, although most people don't arrive till 6 AZ, so you might wanna wait till then to start teams.

Top Bottom