• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 MD/VA brawl tournament thread upcoming 5/23 saturday

junebug

Smash Journeyman
June you can talk better trash than that

you should be like "I'm clearly gonna win since I beat slikvik in a MM and he won the singles"

Inui logic for the loss!
LOL

i was just sayin that u and me were teamin, no trash talkin here

DK/Lucario + ROB/MK = ****

29_ksmotA

Smash Apprentice
If Tant, JC or Waffle goes I think I can come as well, hopefully one of these bros are going and I can sweet talk them into a ride~

thumbswayup

Smash Master
C3 has sucked almost since Brawl came out. It's hilarious how people are just starting to realize this. And it's funny how you run Brawl only since you think it's the popular game right now, but the average attendance of C3s has been like 30 people haha. I could run a Melee tourny at a random place and get that same number. Seriously, stop running Brawl at these things and wasting everyone's life.

chillindude829

Smash Master
lol @ saying "you" as if you're talking to c3 directly

sadly i think greg and tope have tried talking to david (the guy who runs c3) about these changes and he's denied them, so c3 will continue to suck

we need ccx back

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lol thumbs, i still remember people talking like you are about running Melee at chudats for his xmas biweekly. Look how that turned out. 60 people show up, 16 people for Melee (and 5 teams!) the rest for Brawl.

That said, it would be sick if it were melee, brawl, and brawl + and we had the venue like all day again.

Entrance is down at C3 because of late start time + bad venue costs. Unfortunately, I don't have any other options for the only Saturday I'm gonna be in MD, so C3 is where I will be at.

C3 as I remember it:
(CCX closed down in early 2007, enter C3's dominance as LAN Smash #1)
1st c3 event: no venue fee
2nd - 6thish c3 event: $5 venue fee
7thish-14thish c3 event: $8 venue fee + chips and drink
15thish c3 event and onward: $10 venue fee + late start time + no chips/drink

I mean, this time last year C3 had Brawl and it was $8 venue, registration started at 11am, we had the venue all day, and we had chips and a drink. How things change in a year.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
OMG NOD3. I don't think they did another one, sigh. It wasn't just free as well, they threw $100 on top of the pot. You'd have to ask Vist if he is still around or ask Cava if he is still around (OLDDDSCCHOLLL)).

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Lol I remember I had this epically close set with G-reg first round xD That was back in the day I went like.. all Luigi

Alpha I haven't seen you in like 2 years o_o

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, i really appreciate the love.

Lowering the venue fee and taking up more time in the day is significantly less profitable for C3. $10 to hang out in the venue until whenever the tourney ends is a pretty legit deal, we are all just spoiled by older prices and prices of basement tourney venue fees. To play games at a usual LAN center can cost up to $5 per HOUR! $10 for 6-8 hours is more than fair. There's no way the price will ever go down, economic recession blah blah blah so on and so forth.

Other tourneys start at noon, but they still only let you stay for the duration of the tourney and then everyone leaves. C3 is no different, everyone can stay and play until the tournament is completed, and everyone leaves. Lots of tourneys start at noon and end AFTER MIDNIGHT, so people get the idea that their venue fee should grant them 12+ hours of smash time.

It's not like you are paying for less time, it's the duration of the tourney, just like everywhere else. C3 also still offers $5 for everyone that brings a wii+brawl until all the TVs are full (which most people don't take advantage of for some reason), so the venue fee is potentially only $5, AND the tourney runs faster and has more room to play friendlies and stuff.

Also, I've been to the last few C3s, and it ALWAYS good times. Everyone chills, there's tons of friendlies, at least 8 TVs to play on, lots of room to move around, there's even rock band in the other room. Everyone seems to have a good time yet everyone still hates on C3.

Seriously though, is $10 for 6-8 hours (or however long the tourney runs) of smash too much?

If there is really such a high demand for melee, than we can probably arrange the next C3 event to be for melee. Prices and times will be the same though.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
i agree with what G-reg said but...

I had a set-up last time and like 4 open TVs and they would NOT take off for my venue fee cuz their was to many set-ups? I don't understand isn't it better to have MORE set-ups to run the tourney smoother?

meepxzero

Smash Master
You can probably put melee back in but i doubt ull get more than 10 people to play. Chus tourney which had melee didnt have anyone enter singles and only 8 entered doubles.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i agree lil b, im sorry that that happened to you. my only explanation is that maybe the owner had a budget on how many discounts to give out, given there were only 30 people there and not all TVs were necessary to complete the tournament at a decent time. basically, its first come first serve, at the owners discretion.

hova

Smash Champion
news flash: Brawl is more popular than Melee. a melee tourney could not get the same number of local participants

maybe more top level players prefer Melee, but that really won't count for anything when you hold a tourney and only 15 people show up

Brawl is more popular, but Melee fan boys can't seem to control the urge to post how great melee is every five seconds and complain about Brawl

shut up Thumbs. you are in the minority on this one

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
news flash brawl will start to die in the next year or so due to many people either moving on to other games or just quitting as a whole and eventually .. become just like melee is now .. only having 20 entrants ....... at least im saying it will hold up another year :p

Lobos

Smash Master
thats not a news flash, more like you trying to predict the future lol you nub

C3 the venue is awesome, I just don't like the owner lol

Top Bottom