• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

D

Deleted member

my new controller came

not enough time to break it in so its too stiff and for some reason it light shields because i think the trigger is too tight

and i got a controller i borrowed that light shields also, isn't as tight but has many tiny bad things about it

O WELL

Nakamaru

Smash Master
If your trigger is too tight then rip apart another controller and put another spring in the should button(s). That was happening to me at The Big House and drove me insane. I almost dropped out of the tournament.

If you only use 1 shoulder button than just take the spring from the other side. Easy peazy.

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
my new controller came

not enough time to break it in so its too stiff and for some reason it light shields because i think the trigger is too tight

and i got a controller i borrowed that light shields also, isn't as tight but has many tiny bad things about it

O WELL
Everyone has major difficulties when playing with a new controller.
However, when you get used to it.
It will be as good/better then your old one.
wreck the joystick a little bit. Thats the most important part. Getting off the stiffness.
( I can only shield drop with my controller srsly )

Im looking forward to see changes happening in your playstyle

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Games 2 and 3 I think you started trying to force your approaches a little bit and ran (or Naired) into Bairs and Uptilts when he was standing or walking

You could mix in fullhopping when you want to roll sometimes when he picks up on your rolls

If he misses a tech on a platform you should be able to react with Uair at least, usually I do my best to get a stomp out of the deal (not possible to set up covering tech in place / missed tech + a roll with stomp out of Uthrow at mid % I suppose)

I think I had stronger impressions / more to say the first time I watched this (I also watched game 1 and the rest of the set separately so maybe that also has something to do with it <_<)

My main gripe is all the downsmashing :\ it was a get out of jail free card for him every time when you could have been pressuring him by the ledge or covering more options

Scar

#HarveyDent
no video thread?

edit: i'm gonna use my new controller too - it's pretty good, just a little tighter than i'd like, and unfortunately the L button is a little stiff -- it does that thing where when i push it, there's some resistance where it has to snap a little before falling into place

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Well I brought it up because I was depressed that he'd lost that set haha ... >.>
Sick rub ins not intended so I hope Jugglyguy doesn't take it like that

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yeah I shouldn't have lost the set, that's for sure.

Will keep those things in mind about nair usage and platform followups, I'm pretty bad at both. I had a very weak punishment game overall in the set, gotta get faster and more decisive.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Oh man, that set was painful. Better luck next time juggle guy, you definitely shouldn't have lost this. I think you, amongst most players, start to crumble under pressure/when you begin to lose. You started messing up your throws and techs which costed you a lot. Everybody has trouble with this and it made a huge impact on this set.

I also agree about the downsmash. It's a good mixup/bait once in a while as discussed by jeapie but you used it way too much and it wasn't paying off at all against this particular opponent. Adaptation is important.

Side note: I don't think I've ever seen a falcon power shield so effectively against falco as you do. Most falcons just use their speed to try to get around the lasers, you're just like "Lasers? Nope. Chuck Testa."

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Does anybody think dash->cc->gentleman is worth learning for tricky pressure?
No

Gentleman isn't even good to do on shield, good players will just shieldgrab you because it's not safe ... and if you're getting them to shield without being in the air just grab them instead <___<

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
You're behind on the times bro we have a video FORUM now
Also I already said that it was me who brought it up <.<

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman
No

Gentleman isn't even good to do on shield, good players will just shieldgrab you because it's not safe ... and if you're getting them to shield without being in the air just grab them instead <___<
I wasnt necessarily talking about doing it on shield, more so as something unexpected since it would be faster than running at them and nairiing. You are right though against shield it would be much less valuable.
However, gentleman on shield can be very effective since you can vary the timings of the 3 hits slightly enough to catch their shield grab if say they thought u were going to do a quicker gentleman.

edit: maybe just doing dash->cc->jab and reacting off that that would be better in this case.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I just don't see what you're trying to accomplish
You have to get really close for jab to actually hit them, and if they don't react to you running up to them at all you might as well just grab at that point

ORLY

Smash Master
i have a new plan on a fighting style

i will be back in a week to tell you guys how it went

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
when can you shield grab a gentleman? between the first and 2nd jabs? after the 2nd? I always thought gentleman was pretty safe on shield..so i'm surprised the falcons say it's not..i definitely grab it some as marth since i have good grab range...but i thought in general at least it was safe

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
frame wise, no part of falcon's jab stuff is safe to grab. Spam CC grab against the first 2 jabs, shield the 3rd one and free grab.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I was so sad when you did that runoff doublejump knee
And basically every time you Ftilted to edgeguard
When I wasn't getting super hyped by everything else anyway

Dan -Zodiac-

Smash Apprentice
vs wes could have gone either way game 5, so close the whole time. but i have a strange feeling you wanted to beat pp lol. its all good, beating tope was def inspiring. zimmerman is next (falcon over region bias any day)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Falcon pride over regional pride for sure. I still get **** from Midwest locals about the fact that I rooted for Johnny during his sets at The Big House vs Tink and even Duck (lol)

D

Deleted member

vs wes could have gone either way game 5, so close the whole time. but i have a strange feeling you wanted to beat pp lol. its all good, beating tope was def inspiring. zimmerman is next (falcon over region bias any day)
i was getting pretty mad cuz i was ****ing up easy stuff lol, i'd get ****ed up none the less but i dont want to lose being a sucker

weird cuz i was playing just fine before the set, all nerves probably and just need a mindset of a champion which i lack right now

==

i also dont mind losing to wes we play each other all the time and we literally can predict each others moves/ when we mix it up. 50/50 between us, although i thought wes would beat oscar and have an epic set with dr. pp

i do mind being the money bubble though =```````(

==

also, peepee didn't get sick huge blow to me

Top Bottom