• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

D

Deleted member

LINK DOESNT WORk ANYMORE GGGGGGGGGGGG

never mind its in maintenance

S l o X

Smash Champion
falcon vs peach and marth are probably my favorite matchups. they are so fun (marth can make me salty sometimes though).

been messing around with throwing out shield and letting go of it asap to through them off. no results yet, considering its been with myself. (kind of like what javi does or what mango does with his falcon)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
It also doesn't seem that there is a Falcon who excels at the MU. Most Falcon mains seem to struggle with dealing with her.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
I like the Peach matchup a lot. I'm not too bad at it, lol. But she is tricky since she's so defensive and can trade a lot and get super free edgeguards. Not to mention all the other uncool Peach stuff she does.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Peach was fun until my friend found out he could nair out of my dthrow chain throws -__-

Also, what Marth attack doesn't out prioritize any of Falcons attacks? What should I focus on against marths? I try not to give them any breathing room or time to get set. Apply as much pressure as possible.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Marth has no real approach, shut down dash attacks with retreating stomps and dashdance grab all his aerial attempts

If he tries to just walk up to you throw in some run up grabs

Same applies for Falcon, but at least he has an enormous shorthop range

Windrose

Smash Lord
It also doesn't seem that there is a Falcon who excels at the MU. Most Falcon mains seem to struggle with dealing with her.
Ss was pretty good at the match up but he is a rare sighting.

I think one of the other reasons is because we have way harder match ups to concern with like falco which is also a much more frequent character than peach.

:phone:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
That's right, Silentspectre had good Peach experience, cause of Pink Shinobi. I guess there was one.

G

genkaku

if my moonwalk has sucky distance it is because I am not moving around center fast enough?

Dan -Zodiac-

Smash Apprentice
or when you move it to the backwards position you are holding it diagonally instead of horizontally. like if you moonwalk to the left look down when you do it and you might see yourself holding down-left instead of straight left.

on another note, jump -> instant dj nair is pretty awesome, since it hits the height between short hop and full hop nair. i havnt had an eye for it before so idk if every falcon already does it to combo sheik and junk, but still worth mentioning

G

genkaku

I'm doing it horizontally already, but that's good to know.
I will try to make an effort to do it faster. Thank you!

Siel

Smash Cadet
Marth has no real approach, shut down dash attacks with retreating stomps and dashdance grab all his aerial attempts

If he tries to just walk up to you throw in some run up grabs

Same applies for Falcon, but at least he has an enormous shorthop range
what are falcons answers to dtilt?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Yeah basically
Those two require some prediction but retreating stomp is pretty safe ... it just loses ground

cha

Smash Cadet
What is your guys' opinion on moonwalk uair approach? i think it has a lot of potentional. You can space it and out range a shield grab, or hit them with falcons thighs and land behind them for a grab/jab or anything really.

Scar

#HarveyDent
unfortunately i agree with juggleguy because of how much time it takes to moonwalk at someone. the problems are how slow it is, and also how predictable it would be after the first time. that said, i don't think it's a terrible situational approach, especially if you have someone in their shield already while you're halfway done the moonwalk and you can land behind them

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i think he was talking about spacing the back end of the uair on their shield, or at least thats what i got out of it

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
How would you get someone to shield when you're halfway across the stage (the distance you'd have to be if you're seriously considering moonwalking to approach them)

Spacing the back of Uair is also just like ... not a real thing <_<

D

Deleted member

BREAKING NEWS

first controller i tried is perfect and way better than old controller

i will **** at manifest MARK MY WORDS

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
I'm having trouble with the rising nair combo on marth/peach/floaties. Do I just nair as soon as I leave the ground? When should I look to go for this? I assume they have to be in the air already. And after both kicks connect fast fall?

Also, if I have Falcon questions is this the right thread? I normally post them here because it's the first stickied thread.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
It's as right a thread as any

I assume you're talking about that Magus post where he gets rising first hit Nair, falling 2nd hit Nair on in DI ... in which case I think you just do an instant Nair from a full hop and it should work

I think it's somewhat difficult to react properly to the DI but I suck vs Peach so maybe it's actually super easy

D

Deleted member

random dude let me borrow his brothers controller which i am gunna trade with the one i just bought

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
It's as right a thread as any

I assume you're talking about that Magus post where he gets rising first hit Nair, falling 2nd hit Nair on in DI ... in which case I think you just do an instant Nair from a full hop and it should work

I think it's somewhat difficult to react properly to the DI but I suck vs Peach so maybe it's actually super easy
Does it need to be l-canceled? I think I saw somewhere that it didn't because if you do it fast enough the attack ends before reaching the ground.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
It's fairly easy to see if it's autocanceled or not ... if you land before the move ends you see puffs of smoke, if not you see the land impact (same animation as if you land from a jump)

Just test it out for yourself (I don't have a Cube with me at the moment <_<)

Top Bottom