• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C.E.O. 2010!! Orlando, FL. June 5/6, 2010 Feat. DR PP, Hbox, DARKRAIN!!!! 1 week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
our car is mad full. vist+the newlyweds are driving down separate. hit them up maybe?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Plank, all the tournies i've been to recently have either gone by the pound 4 ruleset or made the rules explicitely clear and i have a question about how the stages will be chosen at CEO

Melee:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

Stage Striking:
Neutral Stages 1v1: FD, FOD, DL64, YS, BF

Theres no explicit mention of how the first stage will be chosen. I see it says "stages striking" in the ruleset above the listed neutrals so i assume this is the same stage striking method used at Pound 4?

The problem is this doesnt seem consistent with the rule above labeled Stage Knockout where both players get to completely eliminate a stage from the set after initially choosing characters. But what if i want to "knockout" a neutral, how is stage striking then supposed to take place?

this is different from the pound 4 ruleset where the winner of the game simply bans a map from being counterpicked against him.

sorry if im overthinking this they just seem inconsistent and i wanna be clear on the rules.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
I want Gentleman's rule to be applied at this.

If both players agree to a certain method of ANYTHING, then they can play the match accordingly. if not, they have to go by the Pound 4 Ruleset, and see me or plank for questions.
Who wants to play bracket matches with me on pokefloats with pokeballs on high frequency???!

shiekssbm

Smash Ace
wanna team up?

edit: I challenge anyone to Twinkle Star Sprites (it's a vs. vertical scrolling shooter on neo-geo) I'm a beast in shooters.... cuz someone is bringing their arsenal of arcade cabinets to play...
sure lets team. you going MK or snake??

Renth

Smash Hero
I was reading, saw venue fee being an additional $20 and immediately had a sad face.

As I kept reading, I saw beer pong and screamed I'M GOING TO THAT ****

edit: that and I have enormous respect for plank

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
If we have time I would still love to run a buy-in tournament! I think that is a really good idea as a whole. 3 WEEKS!!! I AM EXCITED

PEEF!

Smash Hero
EDIT: I just bought my tickets!

Who wants to team with some tricky MW Icees!!!!

...okay I wouldnt want to either.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
'ey! what counts as a full setup?

and we don't have to RSVP a full setup right?
just bring one and auto-get-5-bucks-back?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
BTW, goods hit TO's for not banning wobbling.

I'm glad some people are coming to their senses about that.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
While I also think wobbling should not be banned, I think it is because its pound 4 ruleset
Pound 4 banned it right?

Yeah that was a choke, now everyone just copies those rules and doesn't consider how painful that is to the like 8th best character in the game (even assuming its legal).

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Pound 4 banned it right?

Yeah that was a choke, now everyone just copies those rules and doesn't consider how painful that is to the like 8th best character in the game (even assuming its legal).
OMG we are the same in mind and spirit, i think if we ban wobbling we should also ban fox's shine and jigglypuff's rest as those are also really cheap

PEEF!

Smash Hero
OMG we are the same in mind and spirit, i think if we ban wobbling we should also ban fox's shine and jigglypuff's rest as those are also really cheap
I don't think you realize how similar we are:

I was just thinking about how terrible anti-wobbling rules are...I'm sure you guys discuss this amongst yourselves, but I thought I would share my reasoning.

1: Ice Climbers are not the best character in the game when wobbling is banned. They have a few terrible matchups that keep them somewhat inviable in big tournaments.

2: Ice Climbers are not the best character in the game when wobbling is NOT banned. They have a few bad matchups (perhaps moved from 7-3 to 6-4) when wobbling is allowed. This makes the Ice Climbers somewhat more viable as a character in big tournaments.

3: If the Ice Climbers without wobbling are a 7.9 on the tier list and wobbling brings them to...8.4 (supposing), how is this bannable? If the Ice Climbers went from 7.9 to 10 aka best character in the game, it would completely make sense, but wobbling, even when allowed, does not break the game! It is the logical equivalent of banning the Ice Climber's wavedash. It makes the character better, but does not break the game.

4: It would make entirely more sense to ban Jigg's rest. Jiggs is winning every major tournament. Rest is auto death above 40, is somewhat situational but still somewhat easy to set up, and can win and lose matches more or less alone (sound familiar?!) So because Jiggs is the best character in the game right now, and all other characters would benefit, and because we are in the business of banning moves we don't like, banning Rest only makes complete sense.
=]]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom