• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C 3 Presents........ THE CHILLY WILLY MONTHLIES FOR THE GTA!!!

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
I'm lucky I wasn't eating anything.

PS. Haunter for Super Smash Bros. Feud anyone?

affray, altercation, argument, battle, battle royal*, bickering, broil, clash, disorder, dispute, donnybrook, feud, fight, fracas, fray, free-for-all*, fuss, hassle, quarrel, rhubarb*, riot, row, ruckus*, rumble*, rumpus, scrap, scuffle, squabble, tumult, uproar, wrangle

Those are all our future options. I think Super Smash Bros. Rumpus sounds cool. Or Smash Bros. Hassle.

NO WAIT. Smash Bros. Rhubarb. That's where it's at. They better not call it Super Smash Bros. Disorder. Now that would just be lame. Sakurai will have to run like hell from the angry fans.

According to reliable sources:

Running like hell is a super power that belongs to Satan-man. It should not be confused with running like heck, skipping like a sissy, or staying the fuck away. It is also known as FEMA's evacuation plan.

Satan-man had many super powers, like summon fire demon level 5, but rarely used them. The only power he used in the Satan-man comics was run like hell....and the occasional conjure stupid magic spell name.... but that's beside the point.

In Soviet Russia, hell runs like YOU!!

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Grmo, lawl. Your past made me laugh. Also, MK0 is it just me, or do I see a Haunter in the background of your sig. LOL I see an eye to the right of the M2.

Charles, how do you run your biweeklies? like do you do both? How do you deal with the time constraints? Also do you do pools for one or the other? I'm just asking 'cuz I'm curious. I didn't look through the timeline on the first page 'cuz god knows that things seem to go off plan.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
yo guys i got the video up for the crwe videos that we did but i don't remenber wat order we went i no it goes afro chris vs C3 then i think C3 vs ambrose after that i'm lost, so give me the list

unknown522

Some guy
the order for the crew battle was:
30 vs 30

5 stocks vs 6 stocks

Chris vs C3 (C3 = 1 stock)
Kevin vs C3 (Kevin = 4 stocks I think)
Kevin vs Ambrose (Ambrose = 4 stocks)
Mike vs Ambrose (Ambrose = 1 stock)
Anthony (MK0) vs Ambrose (Anthony 5 stocks)
Anthony vs Julian (JL) (Anthony = 1 stock)
Anthony vs Marco (Jagg) (Marco = 5 stocks)
Mikey vs Marco (Marco = 3 stocks)
Ryan vs Marco (Ryan = 3 stocks)
Ryan vs David (David = 2 stocks)

us = o stocks vs them = 2 stocks, lol

unknown522

Some guy
we didn't get to do both at the one bi-weekly we've had. I'm pretty sure that is we do both, that there will be time issues. The previous bi-weekly I wanted to see if I was going to be right, but **** the weather.

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
hm.... i can probably have a few people over at my place if people wana smash tomr.... but it'll have to be after 6:00pm... and no more than 10 people .... let me know if anyones interested..... i'm just a few mins away from charles' place
going out now ... so check back with this at 6pm today XD

rx-007

Smash Apprentice
peterx and everybody else who added me from before on brawl, i have a new fc: 3652-0382-3030

also brawl crew and doubles would be pretty sweet but i dunno if we would have time for it, if anything we would have to take time out of the melee event and i bet some people wont like that

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
hey guys just throwing this out there but if u go on special brawl and set the wight to heavy all the ppl that were from melee when u ff u ff at the speed they had in melee, just throwing that out there or and ur more likey to die left or right than up......so yeah........

peterx

Smash Apprentice
rx-007, do you want to play right now? by the way my fc: 4639-8812-3980

Niko_K

Smash Master
Not if you actually like playing games....If it was for money it becomes a good use of time?

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
okay ... so probably nobody knows who i am .... and i havn't gotten any answers about tomr..... so i guess it's a no go =(

idea

Smash Master
instead of free, just make it really cheap, like $1 or $2 per person. it's probably worth it to see how intense the last few battles get.

i tried meta knight a lot today...he's really good...

C 3

Smash Ace
Charles, how do you run your biweeklies? like do you do both? How do you deal with the time constraints? Also do you do pools for one or the other? I'm just asking 'cuz I'm curious. I didn't look through the timeline on the first page 'cuz god knows that things seem to go off plan.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Brawl + Melee will b run. I haven't had any time constraints yet. On that note, the main reason we had time constraints with smashturbation is because it was run quite loosely and lots of time was wasted. as long as we have at least 8 ppl per entry, we can do pools. I personally make an effort for things to run relatively quickly and smoothly.

So this is Brawl and Melee biweeklies? Hawt. I'll check back here after I check for the 29th.
Sounds good, see u then.

theres doubles for brawl rightttt...???

and why not a friendly crew battle if enough ppl show up lol
There will be brawl doubles, but i'll have to see this coming biweekly how we'll do for time and add it in accordingly.

also brawl crew and doubles would be pretty sweet but i dunno if we would have time for it, if anything we would have to take time out of the melee event and i bet some people wont like that[/QUOTE]

I agree, melee crews take long enough as it is........... brawl crews, especially more than 4 ppl would take decades.

hey guys just throwing this out there but if u go on special brawl and set the wight to heavy all the ppl that were from melee when u ff u ff at the speed they had in melee, just throwing that out there or and ur more likey to die left or right than up......so yeah........
That's been brought up b4, not necessarily here, but yea. It's being debated whether it can b used in tournament. It isn't all that good because relatively heavy/nerfed characters (falcon/ganon) become even worse with the gravity change.

why would brawl be free? Isn't that a wast of time?
Since when was playing without money a waste of time?

Not if you actually like playing games....If it was for money it becomes a good use of time?
I agree, it's a good use of time regardless because ppl should b playing and having fun. Adding money just makes it a competitive way to pass the time.

instead of free, just make it really cheap, like $1 or $2 per person. it's probably worth it to see how intense the last few battles get.

i tried meta knight a lot today...he's really good...
Brawl will have the same priority as melee, so no, I will not make it that cheap. Metaknight's really gay.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
C3 send me ur brawl code and i'm almost done wit the crew battle just gotta add music and then save the finshed project =D but its like 30-40mins along so it's gona take a while..... is there anything u want me to put at the start of the video?

C 3

Smash Ace
C3 send me ur brawl code and i'm almost done wit the crew battle just gotta add music and then save the finshed project =D but its like 30-40mins along so it's gona take a while..... is there anything u want me to put at the start of the video?

I personally dont care what is at the start, some intro of some sort and maybe a black screen in between players showing the stock count and what not. I don't have a wii/brawl yet, but I constantly mooch off local buddies :) haha (thanks pr3y and Bernard!!) i'm getting decent at the game, and aim to improve even more. Also........

it's C 3, not C3.

Grmo

Smash Champion
It's unfortunate, but for the time being we're going to have to say goodbye to crew battles/low tier things, since people want singles and doubles for both games (=4 events). I have only once managed to fit in 4 events in a tournament. (Granted they were pretty big, which takes even longer). With that said though, until Melee's popularity dies down a little (which won't happen for a while), we're going to have to take it sort of easy if we want these things to work. My preference would be only competative Melee and Brawl purely for fun, seeing as it's still sort of early to be playing for money. But nvm that. Competition might speed our learning of the game anyway. I dunno. My point is this: let's not get in over our heads as to what we can fit into a tournament. Anything above 4 events just won't happen; history tells us this; logic tells us this: there's just no room for crew battles while Melee is still popular. I mean, it worked with 64 because it wasn't that popular and you could usually reserve a couple TVs to do the brackets on, and it really wouldn't take up that much time. 4 events is the max in a single day, and that's only when time is well managed, and it sounds like Charles is doing a good job with it.

PS. If you want any help running things, I'm in. I've done lots of it.

C 3

Smash Ace
It's unfortunate, but for the time being we're going to have to say goodbye to crew battles/low tier things, since people want singles and doubles for both games (=4 events). I have only once managed to fit in 4 events in a tournament. (Granted they were pretty big, which takes even longer). With that said though, until Melee's popularity dies down a little (which won't happen for a while), we're going to have to take it sort of easy if we want these things to work. My preference would be only competative Melee and Brawl purely for fun, seeing as it's still sort of early to be playing for money. But nvm that. Competition might speed our learning of the game anyway. I dunno. My point is this: let's not get in over our heads as to what we can fit into a tournament. Anything above 4 events just won't happen; history tells us this; logic tells us this: there's just no room for crew battles while Melee is still popular. I mean, it worked with 64 because it wasn't that popular and you could usually reserve a couple TVs to do the brackets on, and it really wouldn't take up that much time. 4 events is the max in a single day, and that's only when time is well managed, and it sounds like Charles is doing a good job with it.

PS. If you want any help running things, I'm in. I've done lots of it.
Thank you. I'm trying my best I guess. The times on the 1st page are basically based on assumptions of how long each thing will take. Because we haven't done an actual biweekly yet (last time doesn't count due to weather) this coming one will b my test run basically to see where I can fit everything in accordingly. I will probably need help once things are up and running, so I appreciate the offer. You and Adnad have offered to help, so I will b leaning towards u 2 if things become overwhelming.

C 3

Smash Ace
because, you're trying to be efficient with the time to do both brawl and melee. I can almost guarantee that there will be issues with the time, somewhere part way through.
There needs to be time set aside for brawl singles/friendlies/doubles, regardless of whether it's free or not. On top of that, it was free only for that snow day. Yes, I realize that we didnt end up playing it, but most ppl ahve brawl now, so we can start charging now.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
There needs to be time set aside for brawl singles/friendlies/doubles, regardless of whether it's free or not. On top of that, it was free only for that snow day. Yes, I realize that we didnt end up playing it, but most ppl ahve brawl now, so we can start charging now.
I don't like the idea of setting time aside for friendlies because people always find time to do friendlies somehow regardless of a tournament going on at the same time or not (Especially if they shouldn't be doing friendlies!).
To run 4 events takes a lot of time. Right now I'm assuming we have Brawl Singles (Bracket), Brawl Doubles (Bracket), Melee Doubles (Bracket) and Melee singles (Pools into a bracket).
But, I guess we'll see how it goes.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
yo so r we doing melee singles/doubles plus brawl? how will that work......... wont we need like 2x as many tvs there wont be time for all that will there?

Grmo

Smash Champion
I don't like the idea of setting time aside for friendlies because people always find time to do friendlies somehow regardless of a tournament going on at the same time or not (Especially if they shouldn't be doing friendlies!).
To run 4 events takes a lot of time. Right now I'm assuming we have Brawl Singles (Bracket), Brawl Doubles (Bracket), Melee Doubles (Bracket) and Melee singles (Pools into a bracket).
But, I guess we'll see how it goes.
That's a good point. I generally set about half an hour at the beginning of my tournaments for setting everything up (getting signups done and such) in which people can play friendlies, but aside from that it's mostly just straight tournament events. There's usually some time left over afterwards for friendlies anyway.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
don't leave time for friendlies.

people will play them anyways.

other than setup and shit the focus should be tourney time especially with 2 games being run.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
whoa, lets not do that. Brawl pools would be way tooo much. Enough to make you suicide, or make you eyes bleed LOL. Brackets sounds good imo.

+ Time stuffz.

unknown522

Some guy
alright.

about the pool thing for brawl: why would we do pools for it? No one is even good at it yet (technically speaking), so we don't need to divide people by skill if we don't know who is good or not. Also, matches for brawl take like a week to finish, and we have limited time to run 4 events.

Niko_K

Smash Master
alright.

about the pool thing for brawl: why would we do pools for it? No one is even good at it yet (technically speaking), so we don't need to divide people by skill if we don't know who is good or not. Also, matches for brawl take like a week to finish, and we have limited time to run 4 events.
I would have to disagree. Runawayfire Delorted and I were tearing it up and our matches were rarely over 3 and a half minutes. Most of them infact were under 3.

Top Bottom