• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C 3 Presents........ THE CHILLY WILLY MONTHLIES FOR THE GTA!!!

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
oh man, I missed a lot. That's what I get for not paying attention. soliek...this is sort of what happenedIguess

1) Grmo's space bar stops working
2) Charles hosts biweekly, goes well
3) whiny kid and sidekick try to make themselves significant and fail
4) Jake says Adnan sucks, which merits a pie in the face

btw I think I'll start coming to these. I haven't been to anything in a while.

unknown522

Some guy
Max.. says:
spread out the word i might be going to next weekend b week
Ryan Ford says:
alright
Ryan Ford says:
you'd better come
Max.. says:
cool
Max.. says:
yeah I will hehe
Ryan Ford says:
nice
Max.. says:
all by myself xD
Max.. says:
Gonna need a t partner
Ryan Ford says:
david?
Max.. says:
He'll probably agree

well look at that, bam's coming to the next bi-weekly

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
I did with my brother. >____>, I wonder if I can do it by myself though, doesn't seem too hard.

I used Charizard, 3D, Bowser, Marth, Meta and Ganon.

Percon

Smash Lord
Yoshi's Dair > Bosses

Though admittedly I haven't tried Boss Battles on intense yet.

Though for Tabuu's "insta-kill" attack (butterfly wings one), can't you dodge it? If you look close he shoots these red-tinted waves at you from the center.... I just spotdodged. On hard, he shot three (though the last one isn't doesn't have the same "rythm" the others)

ANYWAY

You and Niko need to work something out. I need a tourney soon. I can't wait 'till the 29th D:

Grmo

Smash Champion
BIG FANCY LINK

Alright I just wrote what that links to now. I posted it here because it's the most active thread and I want people in the GTA to read it.

It's an essay about how everyone thinks combos died but they actually haven't, they've just changed and become much more complicated, and how this game may be simpler technically, but it's just as hard tactically as Melee. Perhaps, and likely, even harder.

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
I actually 3 stocked my friend about 3 times yesterday with **** combos and edgeguarding.

I think another three of them weren't 3 stocks but were still **** cos I clawcided him. I know one of them was a JV3 though.

>_> I forgot to record them.

WHAT, BOWSER COMBOS?!

Grmo

Smash Champion
ksoliek i hav sum bif wit da stayj ban lits liek y r they band

mario circuit - cars are kinda easy to avoid, it's no different than mute city. what's wrong with it?
norfair - lava is easy to avoid. aerial movement is good so you can jump around when the lavas up. you have to suck to lavacide. a good player can use the lava crap to their advantage
pictochat - why? it's fine. it's a flat stage with random things that happen and nothing game breaking
pokemon stadium 2 - what's so wrong with it?
distant planet - um, the bulborb? i don't see anything wrong with it
warioware - gar, i hate to admit it but pausing the match to do the microgames is not good for tournaments. i love this stage though :(

try to look at this post as a question instead of a challenge

Percon

Smash Lord

mario circuit - cars are kinda easy to avoid, it's no different than mute city. what's wrong with it?
norfair - lava is easy to avoid. aerial movement is good so you can jump around when the lavas up. you have to suck to lavacide. a good player can use the lava crap to their advantage
pictochat - why? it's fine. it's a flat stage with random things that happen and nothing game breaking
warioware - gar, i hate to admit it but pausing the match to do the microgames is not good for tournaments. i love this stage though :(

I'd have to agree with you on most of these.

The cars in Mario Kart rarely kill and are easy to see coming. I guess people simply don't like the walk-off ledges. They COULD become a problem if Dedede players become abundant/other walk-off shenanigans ensue, though.

I'm mostly indifferent to Norfair. I think it should be allowed, but I'm not really devastated if it's banned.

Pictochat I'd have to disagree on... while I like the stage, you CAN be killed out of the blue by a random drawing. The diagonal line is SUPER annoying and can edgeguard people. In fact, most walls in this level have very strange properties. Spikes, fire and missiles come out of nowhere and at least t damage people. If it had a set order it might be ok.

PS2: Everyone's weirded out because of the low-gravity portion. There's one of those in Pirate Ship, too, but it's still counterpick. It's not too exploitable either. As far as I've seen it pretty much just results in stalling for about 40 seconds at worst. I could be wrong, though.

Distant Planet is counterpick all the way. You'd have to be stupid to get eaten by the bulborb, and the walk off-edge is hard to abuse (even harder due to rain). Pellets are negligible.

Haha... if Warioware had healing rewards every time I might push for it... though the fact that one person can get invincibility and the other only get healed 10% for doing the exact same thing is lame.

My two cents... I'm trying to push for as many tourney-legal stages as possible, personally, and am hoping everyone gives the less-popular ones a shot.

Not that you asked for my opinion, but still >_>

wilkins

Smash Apprentice
so yea i havent been on here in a while and just found out about these like 2 days ago. So i'm hoping that these are only going to be held on the weekends. unfortunately i wont be able to make it to any practices. 7- whenever i finish days kinda suck but money is good. So yea tell me i will most likely be getting a wii soon so i will post my friend code when i get it :D:D:D so yea the next one is on the 29th i heard. I will do my best to get out to it but i cant make any guarantee that i will be there. So yea save a spot for me if u can and if u need drinks or anything let me know. I will just need someone to maybe pick me up. depends if i have money or not at the time. So yea no guarantees on the drinks XD at any rate im out for now.

D.B

Smash Ace
^ LOL

Anywho, Yes the cars are easy to avoid but if one of the players is smart he can't pressure you or hit you into them and then thats just extra damage.

Sorry grmo but lava 4 stocks everyone = banned

OH MAI GAWD!!! Picto chat = epic fail. Theres so many things wrong with it I can't count them all.

PS2: Agreed

My 2 cents

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who cannot ****ing wait for some brawl tourneyin?
Cause like.... I can't wait.

Oh yeah, accepting mm's versus my Metaknight or Lucas.

C 3

Smash Ace
lol who cares if he did, it was funny. btw 3 pages isnt that much. Maybe 10-15 would be considering digging.
What I think he's trying to get at is that it's an old issue now..... it's done.

was it really necessary to go back 2-3 pages and dig that up?
Couldn't agree more.

Yoshi's Dair > Bosses

Though admittedly I haven't tried Boss Battles on intense yet.

Though for Tabuu's "insta-kill" attack (butterfly wings one), can't you dodge it? If you look close he shoots these red-tinted waves at you from the center.... I just spotdodged. On hard, he shot three (though the last one isn't doesn't have the same "rythm" the others)

ANYWAY

You and Niko need to work something out. I need a tourney soon. I can't wait 'till the 29th D:
haha we'll work something out so we can alternate biweeklies..... probably during the summer.

Biweekly being hosted on my birthday? Grand...
........... sorry............

Your spelling is top tier haha anywho.......... IMO:

Mario Curcuit I can consider.
No norfair. The lava plays too much of a role in that stage.
No pictochat. Interfears with the gameplay too much, same with wario ware
No stadium 2. the electric and wind stages affect the gameplay (for the worse) too much.
Distant planet I can consider.

I'd have to agree with you on most of these.

The cars in Mario Kart rarely kill and are easy to see coming. I guess people simply don't like the walk-off ledges. They COULD become a problem if Dedede players become abundant/other walk-off shenanigans ensue, though.

I'm mostly indifferent to Norfair. I think it should be allowed, but I'm not really devastated if it's banned.

Pictochat I'd have to disagree on... while I like the stage, you CAN be killed out of the blue by a random drawing. The diagonal line is SUPER annoying and can edgeguard people. In fact, most walls in this level have very strange properties. Spikes, fire and missiles come out of nowhere and at least t damage people. If it had a set order it might be ok.

PS2: Everyone's weirded out because of the low-gravity portion. There's one of those in Pirate Ship, too, but it's still counterpick. It's not too exploitable either. As far as I've seen it pretty much just results in stalling for about 40 seconds at worst. I could be wrong, though.

Distant Planet is counterpick all the way. You'd have to be stupid to get eaten by the bulborb, and the walk off-edge is hard to abuse (even harder due to rain). Pellets are negligible.

Haha... if Warioware had healing rewards every time I might push for it... though the fact that one person can get invincibility and the other only get healed 10% for doing the exact same thing is lame.

My two cents... I'm trying to push for as many tourney-legal stages as possible, personally, and am hoping everyone gives the less-popular ones a shot.

Not that you asked for my opinion, but still >_>
Your opinion is always appreciated.

I hate PS2 for the stupid treadmill ****
DB knows all about it -____________-
I agree.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Thanks percon ^_^. I wasn't actually asking anyone in particular. Also yay for Distant Planet.

PS. I'm actually playing Melee right now. Much as I love Brawl, I felt such a relief when I got to the character selection screen and started playing. I dunno why, but I kind of miss it already =(

Anyone else feel like that too?

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
When is this? Weekend after easter weekend?

I'm really looking forward to playing Bam and Jake (again). Bam Falco vs my Mewtwo will be the best one sided matchup ever.

idea

Smash Master
Thanks percon ^_^. I wasn't actually asking anyone in particular. Also yay for Distant Planet.

PS. I'm actually playing Melee right now. Much as I love Brawl, I felt such a relief when I got to the character selection screen and started playing. I dunno why, but I kind of miss it already =(

Anyone else feel like that too?
yes, exactly =( i miss rest combos. and fastfallers in general.

and i'm most likely coming to the next biweekly. i can't foresee any reason i wouldn't be able to. at the moment i mostly use ike, ness, ganondorf and jigglypuff...but a few days ago it was something like sonic, ike, and diddy, so that could easily change in two weeks.

C 3

Smash Ace
yes, exactly =( i miss rest combos. and fastfallers in general.

and i'm most likely coming to the next biweekly. i can't foresee any reason i wouldn't be able to. at the moment i mostly use ike, ness, ganondorf and jigglypuff...but a few days ago it was something like sonic, ike, and diddy, so that could easily change in two weeks.
Interesting......... how about a $1 MM, ness ditto, 2 out of 3?

Top Bottom