• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C 3 Presents........ THE CHILLY WILLY MONTHLIES FOR THE GTA!!!

C 3

Smash Ace
http://demoweb.pluslicens.se/images/P1ChillyWilly.jpg

Hello everyone,

I will be hosting Brawl tournaments at my house for the GTA. Here are the details:

TIME: 12 30pm - 11 30pm

EVENTS: Brawl Singles/Doubles

TIME DISPLACEMENT:

12:30pm - 1pm (Basement setup/Brawl doubles registration)

1pm - 4pm (Brawl doubles)

Food will be ordered/$$ will be collected as the tournaments is running.

4:10pm - 5pm (Food)

5pm - 5:20pm (Brawl Singles registration/Pool creation)

5:20pm - 7:30pm (Pools)

7:30pm - 7:40pm (Make Brackets. Refer to the PR thread below for how this will be done!)

7:40pm - 10:30pm (Brackets)

10:30pm - 11:15pm (Friendlies)

11 15pm - 11 30pm (Clean up)

11 30pm (THANK YOU COME AGAIN!!)

BE PUNCTUAL! THE TOURNAMENTS WILL BE RUN WITHOUT YOU! Inform me if anything comes up.

COSTS: $10 singles $5/person doubles

CASH OUT: 60/30/10 if we get a minimum of 8 team brackets and/or 16 man brackets

17 Rowe Court
Markham, Ontario
L3S 2J6

RULES:

- No excessive stalling (melee or brawl).

- Wobbling is legal.

- Food will be ORDERED, NOT PROVIDED. Bring $$ for food, I am broke, I will NOT spot people. If 2 or 3 people wish for patties or something, LET ME KNOW.

- Pausing excessively or using it to break chain grabs or what should have otherwise killed you forfeits your stock.

- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule is implemented: You can use stages you've lost on as counterpick but not stages you've won on.

-Advanced slob picks: Double blind character select and random neutral stage game 1. Loser then either calls random or a stage, winner picks his or her character, then the loser selects character. (The latter 2 do not apply in the case of a random match call).

Brawl Stages (thanks to Niko_K)

NEUTRALS!!:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Luigi's Mansion
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium

C-C-C-COUNTERPICK!!!!:
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Skyworld
Green Hill Zone
Mario Curcuit
Corneria
Brinstar
Japes
Green greens
Distant Planet
Rainbow Cruise
Pirate ship

ALL OTHERS ARE BANNED! :D

Pools are 2/3
Brackets are 2/3
Finals (Winners/Losers) are 3/5
Grand Finals are 6/11 (person from winner's is up 3-0)

- Bring Your Own Controller. You will not be supplied one.

- All matches are 3 stock, 6 minutes. Life stealing on in teams, friendly fire on in teams, etc.

- SHOW RESPECT TO OTHERS AND THE HOUSE.

- NO ALCOHOL.

- SMOKING IS NOT ALLOWED IN THE HOUSE, AND IF YOU MUST, AIR YOURSELF OUT BEFORE YOU COME BACK IN!!!

- 0 TOLERANCE POLICY. YOU WILL BE ASKED, THEN TOLD TO LEAVE, NO REFUND!!

There will be a PR created based on these biweekly results. The link will be below:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4004227#post4004227

NEXT TOURNAMENT: May 31st or June 7th/08

SPECIAL NOTE: MY BASEMENT IS NOT HUGE, SO IF YOU ARE COMING, PLEASE ENTER AT LEAST SOMETHING!!! ONLY INCREDIBLY SPECIAL SITUATIONS WILL BE OVERLOOKED.

4 TV'S AND 5 Wii's/BRAWLS WILL BE REQUIRED EVERY TOURNAMENT, SO PLEASE TAKE THE INITIATIVE TO BRING THEM, THANK YOU!!!

TV's

1.) C 3
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)

Wii/Brawl

1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)

Anything else, please ask.

Ichida

Smash Ace
This would be a good place for me to start practicing before I finally acquire Brawl the next day. I might come, and I might bring my troupe with me. :p

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
yo chilly willy from woody woodpecker? that ****ing thing was hilarious.

I ****ing lol'd my *** off. Charles, your basement is bomb.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
People can insert their controllers inside my Gamecube now, it makes Cubey happy and stuffz.

A.K.A - Put me down for a cube.

C 3

Smash Ace
There seems to be issues with this being for melee............... how would ppl generally feel if it was for both then? I care about bringing out the talent of the area and ppl having a good time above everything.-

Ichida

Smash Ace
There seems to be issues with this being for melee............... how would ppl generally feel if it was for both then? I care about bringing out the talent of the area and ppl having a good time above everything.-
I was excited to come under the assumption that Brawl would be what we were playing. <.<;

unknown522

Some guy
you could do both. I dunno if there will be enough time for that, and I'll only play melee (w/e waiting for the flames). I think most people will say the same thing about melee.

also, finally a tourney that's like 2 buses away

Ichida

Smash Ace
If I wanted to play Melee, I'd stay home.

If you guys do have Brawl for us to play, my troupe and I will be there without question. I don't even care if there's a tourney, I just want to spend a few hours playing it to get a feel for it before I start on it myself the next day.

C 3

Smash Ace
I can take out the draft crews/low tier and have brawl. I know a lot of ppl are Melee > Brawl, but at the same time, ppl are Brawl > Melee, and I won't lie, i generally feel that way too. I think we should have both, and everyone's happy and having fun.

Ichida

Smash Ace
I can take out the draft crews/low tier and have brawl. I know a lot of ppl are Melee > Brawl, but at the same time, ppl are Brawl > Melee, and I won't lie, i generally feel that way too. I think we should have both, and everyone's happy and having fun.
So you do have Brawl? Sweet. The Arrowbreakers will be there. :D

Ichida

Smash Ace
I PERSONALLY don't have a wii/brawl, but like all tournaments, I can ask ppl to bring it and then we'll have things running. How many ppl are in ur crew?
There's four of us, at least, who are planning to attend. Maybe one or two more at the most. Just please make sure you confirm that someone with Brawl and a Wii will be showing up. *pleads*

C 3

Smash Ace
There's four of us, at least, who are planning to attend. Maybe one or two more at the most. Just please make sure you confirm that someone with Brawl and a Wii will be showing up. *pleads*
Haha I hear ya man, I will get on that asap. I'm not sure how many ppl actually have it right now though, so i'm hoping for the best. Do any of your crew members have it? if anyone you know has it, ask them to come. Once again, I plead with u now that the ppl u bring enter something. My basement isn't huge, so we can't have 8 - 10 ppl running around not really doing anything.

Ichida

Smash Ace
Haha I hear ya man, I will get on that asap. I'm not sure how many ppl actually have it right now though, so i'm hoping for the best. Do any of your crew members have it? if anyone you know has it, ask them to come. Once again, I plead with u now that the ppl u bring enter something. My basement isn't huge, so we can't have 8 - 10 ppl running around not really doing anything.
Sorry, none of us have Brawl or modded Wiis, or else I would totally bring it with me.

D

Deleted member

If we have brawl would u attend? or do u not want to b part of this at all?

(I realize i'm 2x posting, forgive me)
i probably am not attending due to this is based on melee

it involves a power ranking

brawl isnt out yet

i'd pretty much only show up if brawl was the only game being played and there was a lot of it

unknown522

Some guy
^ so do I personally, but still, that'd be selfish for those who want to play brawl...................? Still, I mostly see and hear bad things about the game, and really dislike how the gameplay looks. Even if there were advanced techs to be found, the game itself just doesn't look fun. When melee was still coming out, that game looked really fun.

D

Deleted member

this isnt a big deal. I'd rather let the melee players have their own thing and not bug them about brawl.

theyll come around eventually

Top Bottom