• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C 3 Presents........ THE CHILLY WILLY MONTHLIES FOR THE GTA!!!

I.B

Smash Lord
theyll come around eventually
We probably will, but you have to remember, alot of us entered the Melee scene pretty late. So for Melee to die out after about 1 year of competitive playing for us...just isn't enough. So let us enjoy our Melee for a while.

D

Deleted member

We probably will, but you have to remember, alot of us entered the Melee scene pretty late. So for Melee to die out after about 1 year of competitive playing for us...just isn't enough. So let us enjoy our Melee for a while.
I can see that. But NNR will be hosting some tournaments, and they'll be strictly Brawl only. Not trying to scare you or anything; just expect us to not care about melee. I wish you luck.

Ichida

Smash Ace
let me rephrase that for him

you are the worst poster ever
No one person can hold that title. It belongs to the people who post the many daily topics about all the crap we're tired of seeing threads for. Brawl vs Melee, RIP Wavedashing, etc etc.

...Why the bloody **** is everyone's sarcasmeter busted today?

idea

Smash Master
I'll come to the next one. brawl and melee are both fun <_< and i main jiggly in melee so that makes it easier to switch between the two.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I dunno if Brampton can make it out to this because it seems kinda farther out than other tournaments we've been to.
But since you have a bit of time to plan for it, it's possible..

Honestly, I could go for Melee or a Brawl tournament.
Only like 3 people in Brampton have played Brawl once or twice. We'd love to play it whenever we can,
but I think I'd prefer a Melee tournament over Brawl. Having a few Brawl set ups there for everyone to play would be great.
Yeah, I'm still new to the Tournament Melee scene =/ Got here in like September 07 lol

C 3

Smash Ace
Let's get something str8......... to have melee-only or brawl-only is completely selfish and illogical. If anything, there will be both. If you don't want to participate in a tournament that has both...... DON'T COME. Why there has been this disruption at all is beyond me. For now, there will be predominantly melee because of the simple fact that brawl isn't out yet and limited ppl have copies of brawl.

The PR is still under construction and I am open to suggestions (not flames). I may even make it for brawl if anything, we'll see what happens. Anyway, I think it's time that this be handled in a fair and mature manner so we can all just enjoy these games and chill.

C 3

Smash Ace
I'll come to the next one. brawl and melee are both fun <_< and i main jiggly in melee so that makes it easier to switch between the two.
I respect u for maining jiggs, but jiggs isn't as good in brawl, so keep that in mind.

I would be interested in coming to this if it was Brawl, is this biweekly going to turn over to brawl at any point?
This biweekly will not completely turn over to brawl until a fair amount of the community wants brawl. At this point, that's not the case.

I dunno if Brampton can make it out to this because it seems kinda farther out than other tournaments we've been to.
But since you have a bit of time to plan for it, it's possible..

Honestly, I could go for Melee or a Brawl tournament.
Only like 3 people in Brampton have played Brawl once or twice. We'd love to play it whenever we can,
but I think I'd prefer a Melee tournament over Brawl. Having a few Brawl set ups there for everyone to play would be great.
Yeah, I'm still new to the Tournament Melee scene =/ Got here in like September 07 lol
Thank u for your maturity and optimism, hope to see u and ur peeps at these biweeklies.

it's like ... David's house + 10-15 minutes.
CORRECT!

lol we'll try since everyone really wants brampton to be there =]
If anything....... I want brampton to be there!! :)

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
this isnt a big deal. I'd rather let the melee players have their own thing and not bug them about brawl.

theyll come around eventually
Couldn't have worded it better myself.

I'm not being anti melee towards everyone else playing, I'm just saying melee isn't fun for me anymore, while brawl is REALLY fun.

Ichida

Smash Ace

I'm not being anti melee towards everyone else playing, I'm just saying melee isn't fun for me anymore, while brawl is REALLY fun.
Me neither. Basically, as long as there's Brawl to play, my crew and I will be happy. I've had way more than my share of Melee.

C 3

Smash Ace

Me neither. Basically, as long as there's Brawl to play, my crew and I will be happy. I've had way more than my share of Melee.
I hear u guys, and I will do my best to accomodate the community. Thanks for your input and within a couple tries of these biweeklies we will get things running nicely.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
i don't c why so many ppl r getting mad about there being more melee or brawl, it's still smash and i'm pretty sure if u play for fun then u wouldn't care which one u play......thats my view anyways

C 3

Smash Ace
i don't c why so many ppl r getting mad about there being more melee or brawl, it's still smash and i'm pretty sure if u play for fun then u wouldn't care which one u play......thats my view anyways
I agree with that 95%. It kinda matters which one you play because everyone has their preferences. Other then that, I also don't understand why there has to be so much anger over such a simple situation.

On that note, I played brawl yesterday and it was SOOOOOOOOO awesome. I guess some ppl were having a hard time adjusting to the speed difference because I was luigi and doing 0/60 combos and stuff, almost the same case with DK and Bowser. Point being, THERE ARE COMBOS IN BRAWL. They're more str8 forward because of the lack of techs needed, but they're there. It makes me really happy to see that my boy Luigi will be a contendor again, and we had a tournament yesterday and I made it to semi's :D so that's yet another reason for me to encourage brawl. I can honestly say from here on in that when I get a wii/brawl, I am switching over and not turning back. Melee was a good game, but I personally prefer brawl.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I had a great time with you C3. I hope you include a good amount brawl in your bi weeklies...Niagara will definitely be making multiple appearance if that is the case.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Melee bashing = noob.
QFT. If you don't like melee now, just don't like it. Stop trying to force your opinions on others and shut the **** up! Personally, I'm sort of bored of Melee and am welcoming Brawl with open arms, but you're being ******** with your constant hate Jake XD

RaynEXboyfriend

Smash Rookie
hAHahAHahAHahAHahAHahAHahAHahAHahahaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhahahaHAHAHAHAH LOL OMG DIS IZZ SO DUMB BCUZ MELEE DIED ND NAW LIEK U WANT 2 PLAY IT? BRAWL TOOK MELEE DOWN WITH IT LOL. U GUISE R NOT GOING TO MACK DIS WRK LOL CUS LIEK U R AL LIEK LMAO!! j00 l00se!!!!!LOLOLOLOL

OK SO THIS IS GOING TO PHAIL BADLY BCUZ NO1 LIKS MELEE NEMOR K? U UNDRSTND? FKECKING SHTIT DIS R LIEK BARFING ON A PILE OF WATER

OMG SRSLY U GUISE R AL L00ZARS LOL

GUD LUK BAI

RaynEXboyfriend

Smash Rookie
LOL CHARLES l NO WER U LIVE

OMG ALSO I JUST EDITED THIS BUT DONT GET USED TO IT

EDITING IT IS ONLY TO FIX WEN THE FORUM DECIDEZ TO EAT MY CAPS LOL

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
hey this is awesome i live right by elson park!
i may come since its so **** close anyway now i just need to get my work done for the following week =T

edit: oh and if i do end up coming i can probably bring both cube+melee and wii+brawl but tell you the truth chances of me coming to this one are slim since i have lots of work to be done this following week

Ichida

Smash Ace
hAHahAHahAHahAHahAHahAHahAHahAHahahaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhahahaHAHAHAHAH LOL OMG DIS IZZ SO DUMB BCUZ MELEE DIED ND NAW LIEK U WANT 2 PLAY IT? BRAWL TOOK MELEE DOWN WITH IT LOL. U GUISE R NOT GOING TO MACK DIS WRK LOL CUS LIEK U R AL LIEK LMAO!! j00 l00se!!!!!LOLOLOLOL

OK SO THIS IS GOING TO PHAIL BADLY BCUZ NO1 LIKS MELEE NEMOR K? U UNDRSTND? FKECKING SHTIT DIS R LIEK BARFING ON A PILE OF WATER

GUD LUK BAI
At first I assumed this was an experiment in sarcasm... but this post is wayyyy too fail for that. >.<

But like I said, as long as we get to play Brawl, my crew and I are good. Play Melee if you like. Less people to get in the way of my gameplay orientation.

C 3

Smash Ace
I had a great time with you C3. I hope you include a good amount brawl in your bi weeklies...Niagara will definitely be making multiple appearance if that is the case.
I had a great time too man. It was good to see you guys again, I have a lot of respect for you guys. I know you love my tech chase to misfire kill that day ;) LOL there is clearly a rise in demand for brawl, and if I can be guaranteed 8 ppl and 2 wii's/brawl setups, I will make time for brawl in the biweeklies.

melee sucks boys
If by that you mean Melee sucks IN YOUR OPINION, then sure, whatever. Otherwise, no.

Melee bashing = noob.
Couldn't agree more. I personally am not a big fan of melee, but that's my opinion and I have a right to my opinion.

The new brawl people make my life so much better. Laughing at them makes my day brighter.
Laughing at the immaturity of smashers generally humours me.

QFT. If you don't like melee now, just don't like it. Stop trying to force your opinions on others and shut the **** up! Personally, I'm sort of bored of Melee and am welcoming Brawl with open arms, but you're being ******** with your constant hate Jake XD
Best post so far.

GUD LUK BAI
WHO ARE YOU!?!?!

hey this is awesome i live right by elson park!
i may come since its so **** close anyway now i just need to get my work done for the following week =T

edit: oh and if i do end up coming i can probably bring both cube+melee and wii+brawl but tell you the truth chances of me coming to this one are slim since i have lots of work to be done this following week
Understandable, hope to see you and your buddies soon, whether it's next saturday or after that. Add me on msn and let me know whenever you want to brawl.

At first I assumed this was an experiment in sarcasm... but this post is wayyyy too fail for that. >.<

But like I said, as long as we get to play Brawl, my crew and I are good. Play Melee if you like. Less people to get in the way of my gameplay orientation.

Fair enough. I personally don't mind ppl disapproving brawl, better chance for me to do well in it LOL. Brawl WILL be incorporated in these biweeklies.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
A note about Brawl, if you intend to run it at this then a rule set for brawl will need to be developed; for both singles and doubles in terms of legal stages, randoms, etc. Charles, msn me sometime about that.

D

Deleted member

are you guys dumb? lmao i played melee since the day it came out, i'm not actually bashing melee it was a great game, but it's extremely stale and harbours a lot of negative things in competitive fighters that i don't like. as it stands now, brawl is more balanced, fun, and creative. keep playing melee, i dont really care, but im trying to emphasize the point that brawl is actually amazing if you give it a chance

Top Bottom