• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C 3 Presents........ THE CHILLY WILLY MONTHLIES FOR THE GTA!!!

J.L

Smash Ace
my brawl matches with ambrose are usually 3-4 min with 3 stocks. I also get to save alot of replays which can only be saved if games were under 3 min. Its not thatt bad.

C 3

Smash Ace
I don't like the idea of setting time aside for friendlies because people always find time to do friendlies somehow regardless of a tournament going on at the same time or not (Especially if they shouldn't be doing friendlies!).
To run 4 events takes a lot of time. Right now I'm assuming we have Brawl Singles (Bracket), Brawl Doubles (Bracket), Melee Doubles (Bracket) and Melee singles (Pools into a bracket).
But, I guess we'll see how it goes.
I don't think that the friendly time should b taken out completely, because ppl will b travelling distances for this thing, and some ppl might not play b4 they get to this tournament, so they need to warm up a bit. Also, I think there's a big deal with this only because I wrote down "friendly time". Ppl did this at smashturbation, but because it wasn't written in stone, it was blown off.

yo so r we doing melee singles/doubles plus brawl? how will that work......... wont we need like 2x as many tvs there wont be time for all that will there?
Your questions have already been answered or are currently being asked. Read b4 u ask please.

That's a good point. I generally set about half an hour at the beginning of my tournaments for setting everything up (getting signups done and such) in which people can play friendlies, but aside from that it's mostly just straight tournament events. There's usually some time left over afterwards for friendlies anyway.
Thanks Grmo, I will use that at these biweeklies.

don't leave time for friendlies.

people will play them anyways.

other than setup and shit the focus should be tourney time especially with 2 games being run.
* Read the above 2 responces*

lol penis
2 seconds of my life wasted, thank u...........

alright.

about the pool thing for brawl: why would we do pools for it? No one is even good at it yet (technically speaking), so we don't need to divide people by skill if we don't know who is good or not. Also, matches for brawl take like a week to finish, and we have limited time to run 4 events.
It was harshly said, but u bring up a good point. It is taken under consideration.

I would have to disagree. Runawayfire Delorted and I were tearing it up and our matches were rarely over 3 and a half minutes. Most of them infact were under 3.
The length of the matches I find depend on the overall meta game. If u know which attacks work best and when to use them, the matches will b shorter.

That's 2 out of like 100 people in the community.
True.

my brawl matches with ambrose are usually 3-4 min with 3 stocks. I also get to save alot of replays which can only be saved if games were under 3 min. Its not thatt bad.
I find the same thing. When I play ppl, my matches fluxuate between under 3, 3-4 and even up to 5 30 sometimes. Considering the overall meta game isn't too high, we need to take the appropriate precautions and assume most matches will take a while.

C 3

Smash Ace
Tournament Times Have Been Updated, Comments/concerns Please.

Also, we may have some location issues. My dad is being difficult, and isn't crazy about these tournaments. If anybody can house this tournament while I run it, that would be greatly appreciated. To put it simply, it probably won't be at my house anymore, but if someone can host it, I will personally make sure things are organized, organize the food and clean up when things are done.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Looks better, people will find time for friendlies during registration times and stuff. We just need to have an abudance of setups. Oh and you need to set aside time for me and you to cuddle ^^

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
Sauga does BIWEEKLIES, not MONTHLIES. So liek yah. Horray for no Brawl pools :]. Don't mean to sound like a hater, but seriously. A man can only watch a bair/projectile camp for so long.

oh right. ADNAN H4X YOOOO. LOL.

D

Deleted member

you guys must suck or something. a bair / camp play style will not work against some of toronto's better players.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Jake rarely knows what he's talking about.

Of course, I could listen to Jake or I could go with the MD/VA people (along with like everyone else >_>) who play brawl intensively are saying that camping is the only way to win and that their metagame (and brawl in general) is being totally dominated by it.

C 3

Smash Ace
So ignoring the trash talk, David, can u host the biweekly this coming saturday? Like I said, I will come early, organize things and run it, all u have to do is provide the house and participate as u please.

D

Deleted member

Jake rarely knows what he's talking about.

Of course, I could listen to Jake or I could go with the MD/VA people (along with like everyone else >_>) who play brawl intensively are saying that camping is the only way to win and that their metagame (and brawl in general) is being totally dominated by it.
i know nate and probably some other people are interested in reading a nice flaming hot reply to this, but i don't really want to.

to be frank mike, I'm not really sure why you insist on breeding hate, i haven't played you since the last sauga event and i played you with fun in mind. My Honest vs your Link) so unless i've indirectly offended you by some posts i've made (like debate hall or something) then whatever, I don't care.

anyway,

in melee you knew plenty more than I did about the game, I'm pretty sure we both accepted that. you consistently would talk to pros and watch videos and critique play styles - i did nothing like that at all. I'm going about brawl the same way. I was better than you in melee and basically I'm gonna try and do the same in brawl. you can say that brawl will be all camping, but i don't really feel it is.

we'll see how brawl will come about. but for now, i suggest you keep an open mind about it, as i've played many many matches that are fast paced and intense. I know it's hard to imagine, I first thought watching brawl was boring too.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Lol Y.Link vs. Link is such an awkward match. Btw you can MM me in Melee if you want at the bi-weekly. It's hard to do well vs. Peach without any Peach practice; ever. But I don't think that will matter at this point because you don't wanna play Melee and I don't want to play Brawl. If I play Brawl it's because my friends are and I'm join in for lolz which is probably why you'd play Melee.

Don't take offense to it or feel that I hate you. I skim the debate hall every now and then and the god posts are pretty funny but it doesn't offend me. I was just pointing out you don't seem to look into stuff very deep. On the other hand I usually put a fair bit of time into analyzing something if I'm interested in it or whatever.

If someone can find a way to approach where approachable is more or equally advantageous to camping the **** out of the other guy I'd love to see it and use it; that might make Brawl a decent game. However, at this point Brawl seems completely dominated by camping and defensive play (this is what I saw in right away from playing it as well as talking to others and watching some matches).

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
yo guys umm......this is kinda hard to say but after 3 hours of uploading the crew videos youtube rejected it cuz it was too big.......so yea.......i think i'm gona redo it and just cut it into 3 parts.......this is my first time uploading crew vids so i don't really no wat i'm doing

Sanu

Smash Champion
A tournament ?.... at David's?... IT'S BEEN TOO LONG *tears up*

You should revive the smashturbation thread and make it a bimonthly, then rotate the dates around and it will work perfectly! You need to guide the newbs to the right addresses and dates, or they might end up at the wrong house <_<.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace

You should revive the smashturbation thread and make it a bimonthly, then rotate the dates around and it will work perfectly! You need to guide the newbs to the right addresses and dates, or they might end up at the wrong house <_<.
and it's not like we would ever want somthing like that to happen XD "wink wink"

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
yo guys umm......this is kinda hard to say but after 3 hours of uploading the crew videos youtube rejected it cuz it was too big.......so yea.......i think i'm gona redo it and just cut it into 3 parts.......this is my first time uploading crew vids so i don't really no wat i'm doing

work faster slave.

also hi uzi. :bee:

*hugs uzi*

edit: i'd rather not resurrect smashturbation.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
hey guys check out this new sigs i made, i made then with this rip off program of photoshop it's not as good but i made it work XD, if anyone wants me to make u one message me...

C 3

Smash Ace
i know nate and probably some other people are interested in reading a nice flaming hot reply to this, but i don't really want to.

to be frank mike, I'm not really sure why you insist on breeding hate, i haven't played you since the last sauga event and i played you with fun in mind. My Honest vs your Link) so unless i've indirectly offended you by some posts i've made (like debate hall or something) then whatever, I don't care.

anyway,

in melee you knew plenty more than I did about the game, I'm pretty sure we both accepted that. you consistently would talk to pros and watch videos and critique play styles - i did nothing like that at all. I'm going about brawl the same way. I was better than you in melee and basically I'm gonna try and do the same in brawl. you can say that brawl will be all camping, but i don't really feel it is.

we'll see how brawl will come about. but for now, i suggest you keep an open mind about it, as i've played many many matches that are fast paced and intense. I know it's hard to imagine, I first thought watching brawl was boring too.
I respect u more for this post Jake. Quite mature of u.

awesome.

so i will be housing this weekend?
Yes, and every 2 weeks we rotate houses, that way it's still a biweekly, but in terms of houses, it's a monthly thing.

3 parts is fine.

Revive smashturbation? unecessary. Hi Josh!

hey guys check out this new sigs i made, i made then with this rip off program of photoshop it's not as good but i made it work XD, if anyone wants me to make u one message me...

Very cool, when u have time teach me how to do that please.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Misconceptions aside: Brawl is fresh, interesting and fun.

As Nate/Imadh said at Pound 3 after trying it for the first time

"The feeling of new in your hands is inteeeeense..." (or something along those lines)

Its a different game; and whether its based on camping or not shouldn't be the issue. For those who don't like it, don't talk about it. I hated it at first...then I bought it and played it. I have two guides out for a game i supposedly didn't like.

So cook your beef and eat it, brawl haters.

D

Deleted member

I say after the first brawl tourney we go get ****in all you can eat sushi

and then strip club

no grmos allowed

C 3

Smash Ace

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
to get to my house (the grave of the smashturbation tournaments) the address is

85 Henderson Ave, Unit 20
L3T - 2L1
Thornhill, Ontario

NOTE: I say "Thornhill" for city and NOT "Toronto". There is a Henderson Ave in Toronto so if you google map for Toronto and Henderson you will get that and NOT my address, which apparently turned out to be a problem for one person when I still hosted them because he thought "Toronto" and "Thornhill" were interchangeable. They are not.

To get to my house via bus, you take the 53 Steeles from Finch Station to Henderson (you TTC). The north side of Henderson is Maxome so do not be mindgamed by it. It is in between Bayview + Steeles and Yonge + Steeles if that helps paint the image in your mind.

Once you get to Henderson you walk down the path until you reach the big public school that says "Henderson Ave Public School". The townhouses are right across from it. Hell, there's even a big underground garage that distinguishes my section of the townhouses so you actually have to try to **** up to miss it.

If this sounds complicated, or you still don't understand it, just message me or add me to msn yellow_elephant__ at hotmail dot com and ask me there because the boards lag hardcore randomly so there is no guarantee i will reach you in this thread (if you pm me i will ignore you) or ask charles because this is his biweekly.

Top Bottom