• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C 3 Presents........ THE CHILLY WILLY MONTHLIES FOR THE GTA!!!

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
no. i live in a townhouse.

this usually works by me cramming people into the basement/main floor. with much yelling. fortunately i have adnan and adam and - on occasion - marco. so yelling is covered.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Vocals are kinda my thing. What can I say.. some people got it, and others don't. LOLLL!

The space is alright, just that you find moving about to be a nuisance with the large amounts of people. Liek, overall it's alright. I <333 David's place, don't even care how small or big it maybe. it's like built to be a house of smash lol.

I kinda want Smashturbation back. An awesome tournament name to be revived, Chilly Willy is pretty bad *** too since that ***** was my favorite from Woody Woodpecker LOL. But whatever lol.

Marco doesn't do any useful yelling, all he does is yell "***** WHERES MY HASHBROWNS" and waltz around drinking coffee in Spongebob attire. <3 Marco loll.

Adam needs to post around moar ]: Adam, friendlies? Melee and Brawl if you like? Marco, you too. After **** is done, lets have some friendlies?

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
I was gonna post an interesting brawl vid but like, hey, it looks like no one likes brawl anyway. <_<

inb4mikesayingsomethingaboutinterestingandbrawlinthesamesentence

I want to play someone in melee again though, happy feet 3 was like an inspiration to falcos everywhere.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
yo guys i got this media art project were i gotta take a bunch of pictures wit my camera then like do all this **** to it, and my teacher said that try to do it on somthing that u like if u want extra points mind if i do it on u guys at the next tourny?

C 3

Smash Ace
yo guys i got this media art project were i gotta take a bunch of pictures wit my camera then like do all this **** to it, and my teacher said that try to do it on somthing that u like if u want extra points mind if i do it on u guys at the next tourny?

Sounds good to me, but David and I better get some credit for ogranizing these things! *shakes fist* haha j/k

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Misconceptions aside: Brawl is fresh, interesting and fun.

As Nate/Imadh said at Pound 3 after trying it for the first time

"The feeling of new in your hands is inteeeeense..." (or something along those lines)

Its a different game; and whether its based on camping or not shouldn't be the issue. For those who don't like it, don't talk about it. I hated it at first...then I bought it and played it. I have two guides out for a game i supposedly didn't like.

So cook your beef and eat it, brawl haters.

lol notice how Imadh has completely changed his mind since that comment.

PS. what the hell am I supposed to cook my beef with? I've gotta scrub some shit off my frying pan but there are so many scrubs around that I can't pick which one to use.

I say after the first brawl tourney we go get ****in all you can eat sushi

and then strip club

no grmos allowed
whats that supposed to mean, scrub

I say after the first brawl tourney we get all the brawl payers to admit how much playing with brawl characters feels like playing with dead bodies.

C 3

Smash Ace
I was gonna post an interesting brawl vid but like, hey, it looks like no one likes brawl anyway. <_<

inb4mikesayingsomethingaboutinterestingandbrawlinthesamesentence

I want to play someone in melee again though, happy feet 3 was like an inspiration to falcos everywhere.
Don't let the haters cloud your vision, post it up.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
You know I almost think there should be a seperate GTA Brawl thread, and if you don't like brawl stay out.
It'd certainly solve all the *****ing.

C 3

Smash Ace
You know I almost think there should be a seperate GTA Brawl thread, and if you don't like brawl stay out.
I agree man, but it won't stop the *****ing. There's a level of maturity that this community as a whole lacks, so not much will change. Just don't let it get to u, chill and do ur thing.

Grmo

Smash Champion
I agree man, but it won't stop the *****ing. There's a level of maturity that this community as a whole lacks, so not much will change. Just don't let it get to u, chill and do ur thing.
um, stfu both of you, I wasn't bitching. Nor was I being immature, although I'll admit I am right now. Not that I give a shit, but I'll let you in on a little secret:

There's a level of maturity that THE ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD LACKS. In comparison to a lot of places, our community is pretty good.

Except for me, but that's to be expected with complete and unversal apathy towards everything ever.

EWW I DONT LIKE BOYS SO I'M GONNA START A GIRLS ONLY CLUB

That's what you sound like >_>

Grmo

Smash Champion
Double post because I'm apathetic.

So we've all been waiting for brawl right?

Now you're playing Brawl. :(

Now you're playing with fucking shit. You're better off fucking shit than fucking with this fucked up shit. Fuck this shit. You don't know shit about how fuckin shitty this fuckin shit is. It's so bad it sucks. It's so fuckin suck it fucks.

Alright seriously now. Brawl's a great game. Tons of work went into it and it payed off. It's a great party game and the music is amazing, and the stage editor is really fun. I like it, but only as a game, not a hobby. Anyway I'll shut up about it now. I'm cooking my beef.

C 3

Smash Ace
um, stfu both of you, I wasn't bitching. Nor was I being immature, although I'll admit I am right now. Not that I give a shit, but I'll let you in on a little secret:

There's a level of maturity that THE ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD LACKS. In comparison to a lot of places, our community is pretty good.

Except for me, but that's to be expected with complete and unversal apathy towards everything ever.

My statement wasn't aimed towards u specifically, so watch wat u say. Considering how most of the smash community in the GTA is about 17 or under and in high school, my statement of this community lacking maturity is justified. I have never shown u any disrespect, especially like ur last post.

Grmo

Smash Champion
I'm going to assume you mean my original response and not that stupid double post I made.

I AM 17, and in high school, and it's quite conveivable that people thought I was being immature originally. Clearly Nate did, and you agreed. That response was more directed towards Nate than it was towards you, I just quoted you because maturity comments piss me off. I just wonder why you needed to point that out about the community when in general, people are much worse elsewhere.

If you want to talk about this at all, I'd rather do it over MSN and not over a forum.

likms_300@hotmail.com

if you're interested, but I don't blame you if you're not.

Alternately you could make this a lot easier for everyone (including me) and just not let me come to the tournament.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
1. Grmo seriously STFU.
2. Did I say your name?
3. When did I use the word immature?
4. AVGN quotes will not save you.
5. See # 1.

C 3

Smash Ace
I'm going to assume you mean my original response and not that stupid double post I made.

I AM 17, and in high school, and it's quite conveivable that people thought I was being immature originally. Clearly Nate did, and you agreed. That response was more directed towards Nate than it was towards you, I just quoted you because maturity comments piss me off. I just wonder why you needed to point that out about the community when in general, people are much worse elsewhere.

If you want to talk about this at all, I'd rather do it over MSN and not over a forum.

likms_300@hotmail.com

if you're interested, but I don't blame you if you're not.

Alternately you could make this a lot easier for everyone (including me) and just not let me come to the tournament.

The only thing I intended to agree with was having a GTA brawl thread, I thought it was a cool idea. I was NOT taking a shot at u OR ANYONE SPECIFICALLY AT ALL. Just because things are worse elsewhere doesn't make a current situation alright. Things are also better elsewhere. I brought up general maturity because this back and forth brawl arguement won't stop any time soon because people choose not to accept that everyone has their own opinion and a right to their own opinon. That's all I have to say about this, i'll add you on msn anyway just to talk. I'm not hear to make enemies, but i'm just trying to keep everyone happy and mellow. If you still feel disrespected and upset with me, I apologize and I won't add u, but keep in mind I was not intending to insult u.

ANYWAY

Looks likewe might have another snowed out biweekly............

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
HOLY FUCKING SHIT THERE'S DRAMA AND HATE IN THE CANADA BOARDS

DRAMA HAS REACHED THE GTA THREAD AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

so. to combat this latest hatred towards each other, i present to you what basically saves brawl as a competitive game.

it's sort of awkward to explain, though, so i'll just link it to you guys.

epique

also u-smash makes you swd in brawlrus

shave YOUR brawlrus

Grmo

Smash Champion
1. Grmo seriously STFU.
2. Did I say your name?
3. When did I use the word immature?
4. AVGN quotes will not save you.
5. See # 1.
1. ok.
2. You didn't. I'm just ********.
3. You didn't, but when you mention *****ing right after I post an anti-brawl, not-really-serious post of mine, things change. The context of what you say is huge in its meaning.
4. That was a joke. I was kind of hoping people would get it actually, but nevermind.
5. It wasn't necessary to say that again.

The only thing I intended to agree with was having a GTA brawl thread, I thought it was a cool idea. I was NOT taking a shot at u OR ANYONE SPECIFICALLY AT ALL. Just because things are worse elsewhere doesn't make a current situation alright. Things are also better elsewhere. I brought up general maturity because this back and forth brawl arguement won't stop any time soon because people choose not to accept that everyone has their own opinion and a right to their own opinon. That's all I have to say about this, i'll add you on msn anyway just to talk. I'm not hear to make enemies, but i'm just trying to keep everyone happy and mellow. If you still feel disrespected and upset with me, I apologize and I won't add u, but keep in mind I was not intending to insult u.

ANYWAY

Looks likewe might have another snowed out biweekly............
Look I'm sorry, seriously. But I can't read those general comments about the community and not feel like they're directed towards me. Like "people choose not to accept that everyone has their own opinion and a right to their own opinon." - I can't read that without immediately thinking that you're taking a shot at me, but I know you're not so I'm fine. I was never upset with you. You have nothing to apologize about.

Again, context. I was trolling, so you guys comment on generalities of the community. Given what was going on, that sort of directs what you said at me, so it was likely that you guys were taking a shot at me. Anyway, I've noticed that you like to make generalities about the community so I'll remember that from now on.

Nate, there's no point in making another thread. I've stopped *****ing about Brawl (I said so earlier too), and I was the only one doing it much. The only thing another thread would accomplish would be that it would separate the community.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Grmo, stop defending your position.

There would be no reason to discuss anything if you had listened to what I posted. The ranting and apologizing thing was cute, but it is really getting old and played out. When we all said that brawl haters should stop talking about how much they hate it, we actually meant it, you know?

There wouldn't have been any form of retaliation if you hadn't concocted a useless post detailing how ****ing ****ty brawl is.

So I'm going to say it one more time for the rest of us, in case you and the other haters didn't get the message.

If you don't like brawl, shut the **** up.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Toronto is just ridiculous. Why can't everyone just respect peoples opinions and play smash +_+

I agree with brenard 100%. The brawl bashing needs to stop. If you don't like it so be it. There is a debate hall afterall.

C 3

Smash Ace
Even the haters can agree that Brawl has an amazing soundtrack. Bramble Blast is best song evar.
Strongly agreed, even though i'm not a brawl hater. MUSICIANS FTW!!!

Grmo, stop defending your position.

There would be no reason to discuss anything if you had listened to what I posted. The ranting and apologizing thing was cute, but it is really getting old and played out. When we all said that brawl haters should stop talking about how much they hate it, we actually meant it, you know?

There wouldn't have been any form of retaliation if you hadn't concocted a useless post detailing how ****ing ****ty brawl is.

So I'm going to say it one more time for the rest of us, in case you and the other haters didn't get the message.

If you don't like brawl, shut the **** up.
Agreed, and you're a ***** for making me wait outside ur house while u sleep haha

Toronto is just ridiculous. Why can't everyone just respect peoples opinions and play smash +_+

I agree with brenard 100%. The brawl bashing needs to stop. If you don't like it so be it. There is a debate hall afterall.
This is y I love u Niko!!! and it's bernard, not brenard lol but david and I will call him that from now on hehehehe

Grmo

Smash Champion
This post is directed towards Bernard, mostly, but I'd like everyone to read it.

Actually I like Brawl. I was exaggerating. I believe I already said that, and that "brawl's an effing piece of ****" was a joke. I think I said that too.

If I didn't make it clear, already, I like Brawl. It's a great game, and I'm sure I don't need to go on as to why. I would be quite willing to have sets with people. At the moment, I've gotten the idea that annoying campy playing wins, but I hope this weekend I'm proven wrong. Not that I play really campy or anything, but you know.

Anyway Bernard, it was already sorted out. Why did you have to be so vicious about it? I already said nevermind, sorry, etc. so why did I deserve that? Also what does "stop defending your position" mean? Of course I'm going to defend myself. Anyway, that post I made right before yours was more of an explanation as to the reason behind my trolling more than an defense. I did that because I have an ounce of self esteem left and want to keep it. Calling me out on something that needed apologizing for is just gonna kill it.

Again, I don't hate Brawl. I just hate online play and I was feeling really angry at everything and everyone at the time, and I decided to exaggerate for no good reason, etc. There, honestly what I'm doing right now is surrendering. I overreacted.

Now that I'm done with that, can you try not to be so vicious?? I've got enough going on right now without you stomping on my apologies. If you really have a problem with me apologizing for being a jerk, then you can deal with me on MSN. I don't want anyone else to get drawn into this and in fact I just want it to be done with.

I'm still going to keep playing Melee, and Brawl in friendlies as well. I may even enter here and there, but not likely until I can find a way to beat camping. Again, I really hope someone can prove me wrong about the "camping wins Brawl" thing.

Niko, to answer your question, I think it's just because Toronto has a lot of strongly opinioned people, like myself, and often we forget that respect is necessary even when it's a name in front of you and not a face. It's easier to get angry on the internet because it's sort of a mask. I hate to admit it, because it makes me sound like a coward, but I wouldn't get angry over that in real life. I tend not to misunderstand people as much in real life. And if it makes you feel any better, I'm going to try to eliminate that trait from myself.

The double post below represents my neutrality, and symbolizes that I am leaving behind that conflict. Like I said before if anyone wants to confront me about anything, it can be done over MSN. I'd rather you did that than just not say anything, because I don't want any negative feelings being held in. I'd really like to try and keep things smooth here, hence MSN.

Grmo

Smash Champion
I love the Brawl soundtrack. It's actually my favourite part of the game. I just wish they gave us a little longer to get CDs during matches, because it's really dissapointing when they get away. It's hard in SSE. One time it appeared during the Tabuu fight; I was like >_>

My favourite song is Dedede's theme. I dunno why. Also the guitar solo in Mute City is sick. I wanna learn it.

Anyway yeah. MMs/grudge matches anyone? Brawl vs my Kirby or Melee vs my Falco, or low tier vs my Bowser.

Brawl Kirby is awesome. His hammer is so satisfying to pull off, plus it makes people feel like a moron XD

PS. Charles, count me in for consistent attendee list (you were asking for that earlier). I'll also be bringing my Wii, a TV as well as copies of both Brawl and Melee. Oh yeah and a power bar. I'll bring an extension cord if it would make things easier too.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
i don't get it whats the big deal if some one hates or like brawl it's opinion based so who cares and i thot the reason we all play was for fun.......ppl getting mad don't sound like fun to me....

Top Bottom