• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Button-Smash 2015 Results 1st Post

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Congratz comparing tournaments from 6 years ago. Btw only 1 of those was an actual national tourney, the others were just planned locals that a few interstaters attended or nova sponsored half of Australia to go to... and robocop did not include all smash events in the entry fee. You'd think a mod would have more knowledge about his smash state.

Every national tourney since 09 such as BAM, SS and ACL have had a $50 entry fee before actual event costs. The venues they used arent even close to the lushness of this one.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
No, you are not recalling correctly. Seems like you're just trying to make up excuses to hate on this tournament. Which is strange because its a national in your own state that is hosting all games in a lush venue for the same cost as other states nationals. You'd think as a mod you'd try and be more supportive of super smash bros, especially if its your own state.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Sorry, I was thinking of BAM 09.

I'm really not making up excuses to hate on the tournament. In fact, I just registered along with someone else!

See you all there!

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Ah Ben BS.

Applications open for Robs melee doubles partner.

I expect a CV with your ability to dodge my knees and past experience carrying falcons, and including any publications.

You gain bonus points if you have a PhDick.
gotchu bud

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Hey uh, so you cant enter the tournament on day and must pre register?

I think V was coming up to compete but was going to pay on the day since she has no way to pay online...

Does that mean she'll get her entry declined? Please respond asap, thanks :)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Hey uh, so you cant enter the tournament on day and must pre register?

I think V was coming up to compete but was going to pay on the day since she has no way to pay online...

Does that mean she'll get her entry declined? Please respond asap, thanks :)
You need to preregister

If she's got no way to pay online, I can preregister for her if she wants.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
wanna apply for the aussierob position but tied down to redact
he always makes me do all the work too
sigh

Izzago

wanna apply for the aussierob position but tied down to redact
he always makes me do all the work too
sigh
Shouldn't you be preparing for APEX. Shut up Dekar! ;)

I seriously want to go to this, never been to a tournament outside of Melbourne... Suppose I have a few days to think it over.

KECTULF

Smash Rookie
Love your enthusiasm guys. Can't wait to see you in Feb! If you see me at SS make sure to say hello!

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
To be totally fair, SM4SH had 53 entrants at the last UQ about two weeks ago. Not sure why the numbers are so low.

Anyway, since SOMEONE signed me up for this, I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully V can come up and school us all with that Villager.

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I hope you can too. I haven't seen you for like, four years? Man, time seriously does speed along.

Great news about V. It'll be good fun to play against her offline.

Remastered

Smash Lord
The biggest event in QLD for smash 4 so far was a well advertised 2 stock ruleset event....

Not saying it's not a factor, but saying that it's the 'main' reason the Sm4sh community isn't interested in Buttonsmash is pretty incorrect.

Edit: Dean & V, if you are both definitely coming, I'll organise a meet the night before this event with all the top QLD Smash 4 players in attendance if you like? Will give you practice before the tournament! :)

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
The biggest event in QLD for smash 4 so far was a well advertised 2 stock ruleset event....

Not saying it's not a factor, but saying that it's the 'main' reason the Sm4sh community isn't interested in Buttonsmash is pretty incorrect.

Edit: Dean & V, if you are both definitely coming, I'll organise a meet the night before this event with all the top QLD Smash 4 players in attendance if you like? Will give you practice before the tournament! :)
actual reason being....?

Remastered

Smash Lord
I don't know. It's probably a collection of issues that are making the decision to attend a tentative one.

All I'm saying is the biggest event in terms of attendance for Smash 4 so far up here was a 2 stock event.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I don't know. It's probably a collection of issues that are making the decision to attend a tentative one.

All I'm saying is the biggest event in terms of attendance for Smash 4 so far up here was a 2 stock event.
Well can I get an idea of some of these issues?

Need to make sure we get all states attending BAM7 to make it as big as possible, so being able to change whatever we can to make things better within our power is the idea.

S.D

Smash Master
Not airing issues that prevent attendance becomes a vicious cycle.

If you could outline some of the primary problems with BS and the decision to forgo it it can only help future tournaments prosper.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Not speaking on behalf of the community. Put simply, any opinion I share here is just a guess as to why people aren't attending.

I don't follow Smashboards anymore, (this is my first couple of posts in around 5 months). Maybe speaking via PM to key people in the Smash 4 scene about their issues with Buttonsmash is the best way to gather data for future event support.

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
Some reason I got were:
  • It doesn't seem worth the $50 price tag. No pot bonus in anything besides the venue that warrants the cost for Smash 4
  • Ruleset
  • Lack of communication between Syke and the Smash 4 players
I'm sure there are other reasons as well but that's all I've heard for now

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
I was always sm4sh TO, I asked chris if he wanted to help out with stuff on the day which somehow translated to him thinking he was directly controlling the entire tournament including events/scheduling etc. When told rulesets wouldn't change he b1tched out in true qld brawl fashion. Kind of sad how they need rulesets and scheduling to cater to their needs when melee players would show up anywhere/anytime for 3min ffa's on hyrule purely for the love of the game.

Top Bottom