• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Button-Smash 2015 Results 1st Post

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts:

First goes to Aussierob. Such a solid falcon, super chill dude and provided me with the best friendlies over the weekend.
It's always great to meet falcon mains but even better to play against people who are pushing the cause. I look forward to catching you next time.
Our little falcon children will be beasts.

Smopup: First time we've played in bracket since that BAM all those years ago. That set did not disappoint. As always, keen for more.

SA Nick: Good work man, you put in serious work during this tournament. Hopefully our next set won't be so one sided next time :p You better be coming to BAM.

Kaiza: Those headsets were amazing and your stream really showed the work you put in as well. Also, congrats on winning amateurs. Go Pro next time!

Pat (Might not be on swf): thanks so much for the lifts around brisbane throughout the weekend. They made my trip a lot easier and easier to enjoy. Keep practicing with melee, it takes time but it's worth the effort invested.

Smansion: Getting to hang out at your place with everyone solidified the weekend as my best OoS tournament experience. The whole lot of you are real homies and I'm always keen to chill with you.

Joey: Your set with radiance was possibly the most tense i have ever been. Seriously. Ever. When you decide to put in the effort you make luigi look good. And now i've got my flatmate watching Geek Love :p

Thanks to everyone for providing a great weekend, some amazing matches and some truly memorable moments (ie. free-flying floppy backpacker *****).

JKTS

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts:

Kaiza: Amazing job with the stream, you do real good work. Good games as well, you deserved to win for sure, you were all over me, you just need to tighten your punish game a bit and every set would have been 3-0.

S.D.: Congrats on the win, sorry I couldn't put up more of a fight in pools. Maybe if you get a six-pack in you next time I can take another game.

PCG: GOD DAMNIT BEAT ME NEXT TIME SICK OF WINNING WHEN I KNOW YOU SHOULD. also please come back to Melbourne.

Tristan: That is one good Samus you have.

Jimbo: Lrn2peachpls

Dutch: You played really well, didn't think I was going to win either set.

All of QLD: You guys are the best. Move to Melbourne.

Dread: McDonalds nuggets? Wow.

SA Nick: Amazing.

Good joysticks to everyone I played smash with, good bats to everyone I played ping pong with.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
shoutouts to kaiza for winning a tough amateur's bracket AND streaming. made this tournament!

random shoutouts:

sd - congrats! singles was mostly standard stuff tbh but in melee/pm teams you were a beast
dreadtech - thanks for dragging me to winners finals in smash 4 teams before i dropped the ball
random brisbane smash 4 player i beat in losers bracket - i whined a bit too much about smash 4 during the match, it was pretty rude, my b
spup - grats on what is imo your best tournament ever, placing and play-wise.
gareth - i think i slept in your bed... thanks for being overly polite and not waking me up. also ur movie/tv/book collection is top tier! but no charlie kaufman? look it up! also you impressed in friendlies! but not in pools apparently...
jimbo - one more coaching tip i give everyone and you've probably already seen... but have you heard about the gospel of coach orion?
jesse - speaking of which, not grabbing the ledge is defs a 'being too careful' mindset. you cannot be afraid to lose! listen to the coach! or listen to ur brother and understand him better next time i guess haha
aussierob - thanks for showing the melbourne crew (and all new school aus players i guess) what i'd been talking up since tPoo (4 years ago!)
syke - cheers for the housing and general hospitality. i can tell you loved TOing and will be certainly be throwing your hand up in the future to lead organization of even larger and more stressful tournaments! skyzone next time for sure, bring tibi

S.D

Smash Master
stream of consciousness shoutouts

@ Darkwing SykeDuk Darkwing SykeDuk thanks so much for the housing - logistics - TOing - eggs - lush mattresses and company. The effort of TOing is pretty crushing and almost inevitably affects your performance. I saw how upset you were after the Spup loss, but I count that as a good thing, it means you still care (or just hate losing to Gerd lel).

@ smopup smopup well well well haven't you come a long way since 15 Julius Crescent scrublord54 days. So crispy clean and fun to watch/play. Always improving, a few small optimisations will push you up another tier again. I think you're fully capable of taking out a national very soon. Thanks for smansion, fun times.

Smansion homies - ty for everything, place was balling <3 you all

@ Aussierob123 Aussierob123 first up thanks for the lift, second up thanks for not beating me. You're soooooooo good now it's crazy, and you save people's lives? come on...

@ CAOTIC CAOTIC thanks for teaming bruh, we're awesome <3 always a pleasure

@ Redact Redact ggs, you rocked me that one game, and did sum sik combos that made me poop my pants.

@ Dekar289 Dekar289 ggs, always close, the puck just dropped in my favour this time around. Most games could have gone either way, 6-1 was flattering. You won the important one anyway (PM) Snoring meta too strongk

SA Nick - I went back and watched the vods of you playing good and holy **** you're scary. Play better vs me next time. You're getting too good too fast, so fun to watch.

@ JKTS JKTS gj in ama, ur on the path. U don't need drunk sam to get games, just use that insane down smashhhhhh

@ PrettyCoolGuy PrettyCoolGuy up your consistency. the swings between your best and worst in any given match are too extreme. You've showed you have the potential, now to harness it.

@ Kaiza Kaiza amazing job with the stream, and well done in ama! People like you are the lifeblood of the scene and what ensures we move forward, your efforts are super appreciated - thankyou.

@Noxus Turns out if you troll too hard you get a nosebleed, try moderation.

@Gords I actually thought u were going to flip a table and stab me, best troll 10/10

Cal - GGs in PM. Bowser too strongk, and you choked in losers so it doesn't count.

@dreadtech keep improving dude, you're coming along super fast. Fun to hang, though your success outside of smash and go-getter attitude makes me question my life choices.

@J-Birds Ping pong rematch.

@ Skeletom Skeletom ggs, my focks is too scared of you and had to go hide in his hole. If you had just kneed spup once more the whole tournament changes.

@ joeyjoeyjoejoe joeyjoeyjoejoe king of nerds was kinda lame. maybe u should go on and body that crazy dude.

HoC - <3

I'd keep going but ****ed wrist johns make typing hard and I already been chained to my desk for 8 hours catching up on work today.

<3 you all, smash forever, swag forever.
PS: IceJJFish thankyou for the inspiration

Last edited:

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Yeah I felt like I lost out on a lot of warm up time getting people organised etc. Was missing pretty easy edge guards and even fluffing the occasional dash dance with a slow turn around... Just so annoying to be like 1 hit away from free flights to bam + pot money only to SD 3 times and walk away with nothing.

Its scary and kinda kewl that the meta has evolved to the point where a single moment in a game can decide a set.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Single moment in a game aka suicide at 12% against me when ur about to be 2 stock up

Last edited:

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
I had a great time guys, especially the parts with the nerds and the booze.

Much love to everyone - I miss a lot of you all already.

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
stream of consciousness shoutouts

@ PrettyCoolGuy PrettyCoolGuy up your consistency. the swings between your best and worst in any given match are too extreme. You've showed you have the potential, now to harness it.
Too true mang. is very frustrating. I'm not sure exactly what's the next step but i'm trying to work with my head a bit.
Gotta keep grinding too.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Zac: Still the Marth with the best/scariest/swaggiest movement even with TO johns. Our set wasn't our best showing, let's do better next time. Thanks for running things, **** doesn't look fun at all.

Sam: Congrats on the convincing win. It's always good to see you man. I wish we played more, but watching the Smash Pros together is good enough for me. Btw people need to get more hype for the stuff you do. Those f-airs were insaaaaaane!

Kai: Super impressive stream and performance in amateurs. You had me pretty scared on Sat, it's a shame our pool was so stacked.

Tom: Imo our set was the best of the tournament. That last stock in the first game had me seriously shook. I'm looking forward to seeing you overcome the Marth match up and becoming unstoppable.

Cao: I'm so glad I finally got to have a legit set with you. Shame it happened so early in the bracket.

Dekar: Lol that was my bed you slept in. Thanks dude, I'll check out Charlie Kaufman. Also GGs, looking forward to playing you again.

Jeremy: I like to pretend you're not in Canberra and still live in Brisbane. Always a pleasure to see you and hear your laugh when watching cringe videos. See you at the next Qld local!

Gords: Zeldaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I'm not looking forward to seeing the day you and Jeremy team up.

Joey: Thanks for the beers and the nerds and the encouragement during top 8. It's always a good time when you're around.

Nick: How have you not won a most improved award yet? Damn dude you took some big names this tournament, amazing stuff.

Jbirds: One day we'll be the best team.

Everyone in Qld: <3

Much love to everyone who spent some time in the smansion. You guys made this weekend great. Hopefully it's not the last time we'll see everyone there.

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
Yeah I felt like I lost out on a lot of warm up time getting people organised etc. Was missing pretty easy edge guards and even fluffing the occasional dash dance with a slow turn around... Just so annoying to be like 1 hit away from free flights to bam + pot money only to SD 3 times and walk away with nothing.

Its scary and kinda kewl that the meta has evolved to the point where a single moment in a game can decide a set.
Mistakes cost so much more now.
It's a good thing for our metagame, but so scary.

YoloTango

Smash Rookie
SOME SHOUTOUTS FROM NICK

Everyone @ Smansion: thx for the memories

Woodley aka GraveStoneMan: You have actually improved a ton u just need to keep your chin up and not get discouraged when you drop games to people. TY for all of the times.

Mytus: One day you will be good enough to beat woodley's marth in NTSC, keep believing in yourself friend and you can go far

Gareth: Nice young man

Smopup: You are very good at this game ty for making me look like a fraud (also for driving me everywhere and being a homie)

✡Caelan✡: Shine on you crazy diamond

JBirds: I am so glad our set wasn't recorded lmao. Also watching yr DK was enthralling

Dekar: Teach me how to tipper through DL platforms. IN EXCHANGE i will try to get your 3 hours back

Kaiza: Thanks to you SA finally has a big win to be proud of, congrats on winning melee singles!!

Joey: TY for the moral support over the weekend ESPECIALLY during the emotional rollercoaster that was King of the Nerds

Forte: TY for being a Nick believer

Aussierob: Thankyou for teaching me how to beat skeletom

Skeletom: 1-1! Looking forward to the tiebreaker at BAM, I still have nightmares about our set at MW2

Redact & SD: TY for introducing me to IceJJfish my life has been enriched

Dreadtech: Sorry I got tippered like 19 times in doubles lol, hopefully yr next partner is more competent

HoC: ya'll are getting pretty good especially miles and cody. ty for being at every tournament ever and being super chill

Gords: Gords

Syke: cheers 4 super fun games on friday + excellent swag rap playlist (that miley cyrus song is godlike) + TOing

Everyone I forgot: lol

S.D

Smash Master
Sam: Congrats on the convincing win. It's always good to see you man. I wish we played more, but watching the Smash Pros together is good enough for me. Btw people need to get more hype for the stuff you do. Those f-airs were insaaaaaane!
<3
Noone gets hype for sam stuff, ask donB about it sometime he explains it well.
Need to work on my walk forward slowly to walk backward slowly meta.
Or play more like spup

S.D

Smash Master
@ S.D S.D re uthrow uair at 0%:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yCMjBfq61U&t=54

I told you bro. I know my marth game.

And I agree, making a mistake is so scary now, everyone punishes really hard and everyone converts so hard.

Except for Cao and I in our nervous as fark tournament set. I saw so many moments in the VOD where I was one missed input away from death.
M2K doesn't know ****.

Edit: Double post, the champ does what he wants

Last edited:

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
oh Buttonsmash, 1 year its held at a lawn bowls club house, the next was the convention centre (can't wait to see where it is next year)

Shoutouts
My fellow old farts: a pleasure as always guys, probably the biggest collection of the old QLD scene i've seen in ages, been playing against some of you for over a decade, lets hope we keep it going for another decade

My QLD Peeps: Yo, i go away for a few months and you kids got so bloody good, I'm 50% very happy to see the scene grow so well and 50% annoyed that I'm going to have to put a **** tonne of effort in to catch up

Interstaters: Cheers for travelling up and hanging out, i really should of put more effort into vsing more of you but oh wells, haven't been to an interstate tourney since 2010, i'll try harder to go to more ........ also ........

and Cheers to Soike and The Scottdogs for running the entire thing, TOing sucks the big one but you guys managed
and the Smansion for hosting all those doyles
Finally mad props to Jameson Birds, Smuldering Canine, G Currency, Woodles C Phrasels and Sykealicious for bringing most/all of the setups

ok back to the lecture :dkmelee:

Top Bottom