• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Button-Smash 2015 Results 1st Post

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Edit: Dean & V, if you are both definitely coming, I'll organise a meet the night before this event with all the top QLD Smash 4 players in attendance if you like? Will give you practice before the tournament! :)
I haven't booked flights yet but I am definitely keen on coming to something... people are telling me to go to the tournament the week before which I might do if crayon's ragequit this one.

Not sure on V's plans but I've been told she won't be at Buttonsmash.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Schedule:
Saturday 9am-12midnight
10:30am - Pools Sm4sh, PM and Melee
2pm - Doubles Sm4sh and PM to completion
4pm - Melee doubles to completion
7pm - Crews/exhibitions

Sunday
10:30am - Brackets for Sm4sh and PM to top 4
2:30pm - Melee brackets (Pro and Amatuer) to top 8/amatuer to completion
5pm - Sm4sh and PM top 4
6:30pm - Melee singles Top 8 on main stage

As to why ***** boi isnt attending
This was due to:

*a major communication breakdown between myself and the other tournament organisers. (Doesnt use facebook or go on smashboards... gg)
*V being unable to attend this event, so I'm having trouble promoting this as a major (yup 1 person not attending 1 event... cant call it a major soz gaiz)
*first place in SM4SH won't even be guaranteed to win back their entry fee at the current rate of entrants (35×10 = less than 60)
*for the price im not interested in running a two stock event with no guarantee I can run pools to add player value (pools always guaranteed on top of crews and exhibitions)

The real reason? He wanted to change rules and add events(quads...dafuq) and wasnt allowed to so he had a cry and went away.

Even if sm4sh flops this tourney will be hype as ***. Dekar, S.D, Cao, Syke, Skeletom, AussieRob, Smokingpuppy rematch against Splice/Redact, Vic v Qld crews.... lets gooooooo

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Not trying to call you out syke, just trying to figure out what's important for bam7 to have crazy smash 4 attendance too. Melee will have internationals galore, smash 4 needs some love somehow since it will be 2nd biggest if not biggest game there.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Not trying to call you out syke, just trying to figure out what's important for bam7 to have crazy smash 4 attendance too. Melee will have internationals galore, smash 4 needs some love somehow since it will be 2nd biggest if not biggest game there.
I think BAM will be fine considering its fine reputation as pretty much the most important Australian Smash major.

I'll be going most likely (if that means anything (which it probably doesnt))

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
If you want qld sm4sh players to come you have to give them free reign over the entire tournament because its the only event happening with no scheduling conflicts and unlimited setups. /sarcasm

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I think BAM will be fine considering its fine reputation as pretty much the most important Australian Smash major.

I'll be going most likely (if that means anything (which it probably doesnt))
can't just rely on that reputation, gotta make it amazing!

Splice

Smash Hero
s t r e a m?

Is there a stream confirmed for at least the top 4 and top 8 of all the smash events, who is streaming it? Having that matches streamed is an important part of that Major experience

P.s. I won't be at Buttonsmash sorry Syke but of course the event is still gonna be hype as **** for Melee (Redact is gonna win the tourney btw).
I'll wreck Gerard at BAM anyway don't worry, all in good time.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Is that what Syke was suggesting? It would be good if you could stream PM/Smash4 as well, is Kaiza working alongside the event, that'd be hype production value

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
There will most likely be at least 1 setup that has streaming which will be used for top 8 of PM/Sm4sh and whatever other interesting matches are happening. Melee will only be on the main stage because it has to be shared with 10 other games.

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
There will most likely be at least 1 setup that has streaming which will be used for top 8 of PM/Sm4sh and whatever other interesting matches are happening. Melee will only be on the main stage because it has to be shared with 10 other games.
I would really like to do the Smash-centric stream for this if that's cool? I'll be bringing all my equipment regardless, all I would really need for you guys to do reserve a LCD for the commentators and to connect me to the internet. If you want this event to have good presence online & production value I think this collaboration would be a really good idea

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
kai is best streamer in aus easy. like our state even steals his **** because we know it's the best hands down.

kai will be at least recording at bam7, if not streaming. that **** be #esports quality

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
bitrate and resolution =/= production value quality. The bitrate/res is dependent on the internet available and not the streamer.
and for the record I DO stream at 60fps, and streaming at 1080p is negligible when the max bitrate on twitch is 3500

Last edited:

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
I didnt want to type too many numbers and confuse S.A minds.

Bring ur equipment if you want but I dont have a monitor to spare.

Only thing I dont have atm is an overlay for the stream.

Last edited:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Try asking aaron, zac/kaiza, it'S a much his responsibility as it is yours. Surely he can spare a monitor, especially when smash has the most entrants yet has no special guest like the other games...

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
After its over you'll be able to find our matches under the new youpor*n category: 4-stockings.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
I secured 2 more monitors so kaiza you can have 1 for ur recording/stream and someone else can have 1 for their recording if they need it. Also managed to grab my parents projector lololol don't tell them plz I will dieded.

In other news we have laawwwts of t.vs and cubes and wii's but only a few wii u's so far. Plz bring them if you can. Remember to label everything you bring.

Oh and Hotdogs will be taking Sm4sh TO duties if I'm busy with other things.

Last edited:

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
I secured 2 more monitors so kaiza you can have 1 for ur recording/stream and someone else can have 1 for their recording if they need it. Also managed to grab my parents projector lololol don't tell them plz I will dieded.
Awesome, if worst comes to worst I can just use my Laptop screen and the commentators can sit behind that and update all the scores and junk themselves.

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
Top Bottom