• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Broken Camping Tactic

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
Why the **** do you do that >.>

Because I love fast paced combat. Just like in brawl I only play fast brawl, for that regular brawl is quite agonizing. :laugh:
Sometimes when playing melee, I just go to training and play 2x speed against a cpu . What a rush.:chuckle:

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Oskurito, you've probably never played Americans, and therefore can't grasp this gayness like we do.

Trust me when I say that even if you knew every move they made during a camp-happy stock of theirs, the camping would still neutralize everything.
Yes you're right I don't live in America =( Oh well, but I think is just a matter of who outgays the other most XP

Hmm but I agree with you that excesive camping makes the game boring (there's just a lot of stuff you can do in melee). However if it's a tournament I guess you have no choice but to get used to it

Skylord

Smash Apprentice
Southamericans can be as gay as Northamericans... The gayness doesn't depend on geographical factors, and it's not about who can outgay the other in an absolute scale, but rather who, in certain situations, can demonstrate the greatest degree of expertise in the art of gayness, gay strategies, and uber gay practices. Because what makes someone gay is not the strategy they use, whether it be gay or not, or how often they use it, but how well they can cope with certain situations using said gay strategies as a means to inspire the darkest feelings in the complex matrix of human emotions to a most probably non-gay enemy. Desperation, frustration, despair, hopelessness..., all are the product of employing gay tactics, and sadly most of the time the perpetrator isn't well aware of the collateral damage indiscriminate amounts of gayness can do. That being said, it is a well-known fact that gayness spawns gayness, and a gay player might leave his opponents no options but to apply a concentrated dose of counter-gayness, which often involves the use of gayness in a twisted fashion. The matter is, that in a game of wit where the smart beats the fast, where actions are not what they seem and where sometimes you have to expect the unexpected, whereas sometimes the expected.... gayness ensues.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Southamericans can be as gay as Northamericans... The gayness doesn't depend on geographical factors, and it's not about who can outgay the other in an absolute scale, but rather who, in certain situations, can demonstrate the greatest degree of expertise in the art of gayness, gay strategies, and uber gay practices. Because what makes someone gay is not the strategy they use, whether it be gay or not, or how often they use it, but how well they can cope with certain situations using said gay strategies as a means to inspire the darkest feelings in the complex matrix of human emotions to a most probably non-gay enemy. Desperation, frustration, despair, hopelessness..., all are the product of employing gay tactics, and sadly most of the time the perpetrator isn't well aware of the collateral damage indiscriminate amounts of gayness can do. That being said, it is a well-known fact that gayness spawns gayness, and a gay player might leave his opponents no options but to apply a concentrated dose of counter-gayness, which often involves the use of gayness in a twisted fashion. The matter is, that in a game of wit where the smart beats the fast, where actions are not what they seem and where sometimes you have to expect the unexpected, whereas sometimes the expected.... gayness ensues.
Holy ****

Your english is too good lol

Too much usage of the "gay" word though XP

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I think it was Corneria...

I know that Caveman played him in the first match. But in the next one, Iori would like grab him, throw him, then run away and shoot. He actually combo-ed into camping, if that even makes any sense. -_-

Caveman was emo the whole day afterwards. That kind of playstyle is dumb.
If your playstyle not only lets you win, but lets you DEPRESS PEOPLE as well, I think that is pretty awesome.

Oskurito, you've probably never played Americans, and therefore can't grasp this gayness like we do.

Trust me when I say that even if you knew every move they made during a camp-happy stock of theirs, the camping would still neutralize everything.

Fox is like priority with feet. If you approach him you're so screwed.
What the hell are you talking about? Americans don't all play campy. And I'm sure there are Canadians who play campy. Isn't Jman Canadian?

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I can count the number of campy players Canada has on 1 hand (at least for the east coast and big name west coast players). I'd need a calculator to keep track of all the campy Americans. Jman isn't Canadian

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Well considering the population of Canada is about 33 million compared to 305 million in the US (approximately a 1:9 ratio) that's hardly surprising. Doesn't mean Americans are campier per capita.

Also I could have sworn Jman came to the GA tourney with raynex unknown kage etc. but I guess they picked him up somewhere along the way. Or my memory of that tourney is incredibly foggy.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Jman is from NY, and he always goes to tournies with DJ Nintendo and sometimes Haxx and Alucard.

We came in a car full of Canadians...

There are some notorious campers in the U.S.

Whatever though, if they camp I'll camp back. I'd rather not argue anymore. Fight gay with gay I guess.

soap

Smash Hero
this kinda works to counteract invincibility, but stalling a match? i usually just waveland up there right behind their shield and start doing sheik utilts or a grab. plus u can add tons of safe pressure from below a platform.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
this kinda works to counteract invincibility, but stalling a match? i usually just waveland up there right behind their shield and start doing sheik utilts or a grab. plus u can add tons of safe pressure from below a platform.
The point isn't really to stall but to make your opponent approach you. If they choose not to approach you for some reason then you run a good amount of time off the clock, which ultimately favors you, the camper. Depending on how your opponent approaches you can do things like drop from shield through the platform to nair, which has crazy priority and will at the least trade hits with about anything but Marth's utilt and uair. That's if they approach below you. If they approach from the side you can just drop through the platform and position yourself underneath them. Shield dropped bair is also good, shield dropped DJ bair, DJ nair, DJ dair, etc. depending on where your opponent goes. Fox has a lot of options from this position and most people will erroneously think he doesn't, and will approach. If your opponent wavelands behind you you should have time to shield drop as even a perfect waveland to grab will take something like 20 frames (not even counting the time it takes to get up to the platform) and all you have to do is tilt the stick 45 degrees below the horizontal.

Hopefully I'll record some matches pretty soon and show you guys how I actually use this...

Europhoria

Smash Lord
The point isn't really to stall but to make your opponent approach you. If they choose not to approach you for some reason then you run a good amount of time off the clock, which ultimately favors you, the camper. Depending on how your opponent approaches you can do things like drop from shield through the platform to nair, which has crazy priority and will at the least trade hits with about anything but Marth's utilt and uair. That's if they approach below you. If they approach from the side you can just drop through the platform and position yourself underneath them. Shield dropped bair is also good, shield dropped DJ bair, DJ nair, DJ dair, etc. depending on where your opponent goes. Fox has a lot of options from this position and most people will erroneously think he doesn't, and will approach. If your opponent wavelands behind you you should have time to shield drop as even a perfect waveland to grab will take something like 20 frames (not even counting the time it takes to get up to the platform) and all you have to do is tilt the stick 45 degrees below the horizontal.

Hopefully I'll record some matches pretty soon and show you guys how I actually use this...
I never really responded to your specific tactic. I think it's useless.
Fox has the priority, but not the range to do this to a large majority of characters (Sheik, Marth, Peach, Ganon, Climbers, Falcon). Lots of character can just approach with moves that out range Fox's n-air and force you off the platform into a bad position.

However, if you manage to start winning tournaments or do grossly better at events because of this 1 technique I'll retract my comment.

unknown522

Some guy
I never really responded to your specific tactic. I think it's useless.
Fox has the priority, but not the range to do this to a large majority of characters (Sheik, Marth, Peach, Ganon, Climbers, Falcon). Lots of character can just approach with moves that out range Fox's n-air and force you off the platform into a bad position.

However, if you manage to start winning tournaments or do grossly better at events because of this 1 technique I'll retract my comment.
lol QFT

/10.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
When I said "try doing that in a fox ditto", the rest of my text didn't apply to that same sentence. It was in a segment on its own. Again, when I said "trade respect for their fellow smashers for that broken move" - I wasn't at all implying it towards Fox dittos.

I meant that Fox players wouldn't want to use this camping thing (IN ANY MATCH-UP, not just the ditto), because they would want to RETAIN the respect smashers in the community currently give them.

Furthermore, notice I used the word "SHINO"-stall, not "SHINE" stall. As in Sheik's UP+B. Come on Shai, read man! I've heard of an incident where Plank made people quit matches because of his excessive use of ledge-stalling with the up+b.

AND FINALLY:

Okay, Iori is a cool guy and all - but that dude camps so hard. I understand that he has to watch the way he approaches and camp vs. Ganon sometimes. But overall, he camped in dittos, doubles, and eveything else he played. Maybe you're looking at the wrong Iori. That guy runs away all daaaai and just shoots you, regardless of match-up. Making him seem like a smart player because he runs away and shoots in every **** match-up means nothing. He is by no means an aggressive Fox. Then again, thats just his way of playing - I can respect that, because it isn't my place to judge him.

Fun Fact though: He made like 3 people forfeit at GA because of his "smart" playstyle. One of them was Caveman, another was a Marth that came from Canada with me.

Smart player? More like campy player.

I didn't mean to rant post, but it turned into one as I went along. There was just so much wrong with your post in response to mine.

Alright thats it, no more beef.
First I would like to say that I am honored that people recognized me, not for what I wanted tho. The thing is I don't main fox and I hardly play him in tourney, just from time to time. I really main m2 but besides the point, I was just tring to win. I do regret it tho because that was the first time I did get to play caveman and those other guys, which I may never get the chance again.I do like to say that one yes for like 5 matches I was being the best campy fox I could be. The thing is tho I am not sorry for it one because at the end of the day you have to ask yourself did you do all you could to win. If you answer no then you fail as a melee player. If you are going to half *** it and play fair, there is brawl on the other table. Last I would like to say that raynex if we ever meet I want a money match and no I will not camp you to win just what skill I have to show for.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I know Iori not personally, but as a felleow smasher. He wouldn't do anything if he feels he doesn't have to do. He's not a camper he did what he had to do. You should be able to respect that. If caveman couldn't figure out a way out of Iori's tactic, then that his problem not Iroi's. I played Iori alot and seen him play and he doesn't camp. Maybe I haven't seen him do it because the people ive seen him play never gave him a reason to do it. RaynEX one day someboby might have you against the ropes. The only way you could win is to camp and you know it. Would you do it? Or would you worry about him being a sore loser and keep playing him the same way and loose.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I sat there and watched him take a % lead vs. Caveman and start stalling the ledge on the wing on Corneria. Iunno what you consider camping, but to me that was disgusting.
I would never play the game in a way that sucks all the fun out of it like that; even if it meant losing. If I lose, it just means my aggressive play isn't good enough and I need to get better at approaching/reading. If that's how like playing a game, then go to Brawl.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Last I would like to say that raynex if we ever meet I want a money match and no I will not camp you to win just what skill I have to show for.
Playing me isn't going to prove anything. You camp whether you're winning or losing, not for control but as an annoyance and stall tactic.

I don't even want to talk about Fox dittoing you. You camp all the time, why would I want to play a player who has no approach game whatsoever?

If I want to spend my time running into opponents that don't run back at me, I'll go into training mode. :ohwell:

He's not a camper he did what he had to do. You should be able to respect that.
IIRC, I covered this already. You should read things more carefully man.

Raynex said:
He is by no means an aggressive Fox. Then again, thats just his way of playing - I can respect that, because it isn't my place to judge him.
Ragnarock said:
I played Iori alot and seen him play and he doesn't camp. RaynEX one day someboby might have you against the ropes. The only way you could win is to camp and you know it. Would you do it? Or would you worry about him being a sore loser and keep playing him the same way and loose.
Even Iori himself admitted he camps. He made players QUIT BECAUSE HE CAMPS. Therefore, he camps! Its not a hard concept to understand.

And yes I would do it, to regain control of a match or stock then try to make an attack him. This guy stalls corneria edges, like Europhoria said. Is that being against the ropes? Stalling a match out when you're winning?

Walk up to Caveman and tell him he's a sore loser because he walked away from that bull****. I dare you.

takieddine

Smash Master
OH SNAP he went there... popcorn time.

Edit: if you get camped in melee, and cant do anything about it, you might reconsider how good you are at this game...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
if you can't see mewtwo, falcon, bowser, and ganon's aerial grabs coming when you're on a top platform and don't take the appropriate counter-measure then i don't know what to yell you.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
if you get camped in melee, and cant do anything about it, you might reconsider how good you are at this game...
...Caveman can beat more than half the people in this thread, and M2K had to switch to Sheik against hungrybox just so he could counter the camping.

Its not that we can't do anything about it, its just that its silly how its so overpowering that it completely destroys any kind of thinking required to play. You just sit there and spam. I mean, I could camp back, but why even bother - thats boring. :(

Top Bottom