• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Broken Camping Tactic

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
...Caveman can beat more than half the people in this thread, and M2K had to switch to Sheik against hungrybox just so he could counter the camping.
he played all marth vs hungrybox at fast1.

i really only think he went sheik because he was down 2 stocks and it was dreamland.

edit: i'm referring to m2k going sheik in crews vs hungrybox at the georgia tourney.

takieddine

Smash Master
All I'm saying is that if you are getting camped in melee and think you cant do anything about it, then you are missing like half of this game.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
All I'm saying is that if you are getting camped in melee and think you cant do anything about it, then you are missing like half of this game.
Camping doesn't work well on Fox, so personally it doesn't bother me much in games. Whats dumb is how ridiculous it is when its not Fox/Falco/Falcon, or any other character that camping doesn't really work on.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If it works effectively and efficiently on Jigglypuff, with a low risk factor, I'm all for this. Many a Jiggly main would attempt to stall and make you attack her anyways so if this punishes them for trying to outcamp you then I'm all for this technique.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
This tactic isn't as universally useful as I thought as a camping tactic per se. In some matchups, against characters with slow vertical jumps or limited platform games it's very good (ICs, Jiggs, others). It is most useful however as a way to get down safely from platforms. For instance, you up-B onto a platform for recovery, hold Z + left/right as you land, and then drop through the platform when appropriate. Also on Dreamland if you are near the edge and have no room for movement you can waveland the side platforms and then waveland the top platform, hold Z + left/right, and then drop through the platform with bair/nair. Most of the time you will hit your opponent or at worst trade hits (unless it's Marth).

Anyway it's not useless, just be creative in using it and I think you'll find it improves your platform game.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
This tactic isn't as universally useful as I thought as a camping tactic per se. In some matchups, against characters with slow vertical jumps or limited platform games it's very good (ICs, Jiggs, others). It is most useful however as a way to get down safely from platforms. For instance, you up-B onto a platform for recovery, hold Z + left/right as you land, and then drop through the platform when appropriate. Also on Dreamland if you are near the edge and have no room for movement you can waveland the side platforms and then waveland the top platform, hold Z + left/right, and then drop through the platform with bair/nair. Most of the time you will hit your opponent or at worst trade hits (unless it's Marth).

Anyway it's not useless, just be creative in using it and I think you'll find it improves your platform game.
It'll be way better if you had a video of you doing it XP

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
if ANYONE camps you, all you have to do is wait for the move, then attack when they land. If they dash dance camp, just run past them and do a move.

if marth camps you with fairs, and he overspaces fairs, hes vulnerable during his landing lag since it will miss you. No one does this though, cuz they don't think of it.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
M2K has spoken

lol

In my opinion, the player with more patience usually has the advantage on this kind of stuff

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
hungrybox and i timed out on corneria in round 3 after a 7:30 match on dreamland
Timing out is awesome. I wish there was still a 7 minute time limit though because it's WAY easier to time out 7 minutes than 8.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Is Shai Hulud secret code for Hungrybox? What kind of player are you!?
lol I don't actually camp that much, just as fox and even then only for certain matchups on certain stages. I camp like mad on dreamland, fd, poke floats, corneria, or in general if I'm fighting a ganon, jiggs, peach, samus, marios, or low tiers.

But I also play aggressive sometimes, especially as Marth.

I say timing out is fun because it's very difficult to do against an aggressive player and it infuriates people if you succeed.

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
lol I don't actually camp that much, just as fox and even then only for certain matchups on certain stages. I camp like mad on dreamland, fd, poke floats, corneria, or in general if I'm fighting a ganon, jiggs, peach, samus, marios, or low tiers.

But I also play aggressive sometimes, especially as Marth.

I say timing out is fun because it's very difficult to do against an aggressive player and it infuriates people if you succeed.
lol, I'd like to play against you. My fox freind always tries to Camp my Ganon especially on FD but he usually finds out that Ganon doesn't respond to lasers, he merely runs, jumps and forward airs with unusual speed. XD, I think camping really gives Ganon a chance to get on top of some one.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
lol...Ganon gets owned by a campy Fox. Unless your Ganon has some sort of unnatural blistering speed. >_>

BIG FLAMING EDIT:

Shai Hulud said:
lol I don't actually camp that much, just as fox and even then only for certain matchups on certain stages. I camp like mad on dreamland, fd, poke floats, corneria, or in general if I'm fighting a ganon, jiggs, peach, samus, marios, or low tiers
Lol you camp about half the cast. : /

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
lol, I'd like to play against you. My fox freind always tries to Camp my Ganon especially on FD but he usually finds out that Ganon doesn't respond to lasers, he merely runs, jumps and forward airs with unusual speed. XD, I think camping really gives Ganon a chance to get on top of some one.
Thats when the fox dash dances back and then back and grabs ganon in the landing lag of the fair
then fox upthrows->reverse laser for a CAMP COMBO like a real pro
then fox runs to other side off FD while reverse shl:ing (or shdling, you dont even need to time it perfectly to hit ganon with both lasers cuz hes so ****ing big lolol)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
when i play vs low tier mains who exclusively play low tiers i counterpick pokefloats, switch to fox, and turbo camp 'cuz i'm like super pro

also ganon vs fox is horrible **** lawl

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Not vs. Kage. T_T
lawl just do the laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser laser to time-runs-out combo on corneria. it works i swear.

also, relevance

pkmvodka said:
Here is why kage is so good:

-He spams his moves at the speed of light.

=When kage can move, he spams his aerials and if one doesn't work, then he does another one and so on.

=When he can't move, he spams his controller, all buttons work, as long as something happens. Watch 1:18 for a good example of this.

Also because he plays a very unique ganondorf, that people that are used to the other style of ganondorfs (aka all the bad ganons in the states, kek) can't seem to understand.

Top Bottom