• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlplusery Official Codeset 5.0 RC1 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
lol what?

ahem. whut, I have to post something else other than the colored stuff? O_o

Anyways, once again, I love the set, guys. Nice work! :)

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Definitely. This is cooler than Ice Climbers blizzard! /Lame pun

Although...how did you get it to go back to purple at the end?

edit: nvm

Zen Yore

Smash Ace
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, North America, Earth
do you have the pac files for each character?

about your questions:

1. yes they do.

2.yeah, this has been in for like ever. since like the nightly after 4.1

3. IT's rumble falls now.

4. yes there is.

link's dair still has the same landing lag, the version I had before would cut a part of it.

and how do i get luigi's mansion to start destroyed ?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
R.O.B

now 2-17 / 25

was 2-20 / 25

The invincibility was trimmed down, but the start-up and finishing time are the same.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
hm.... because I'm pretty sure we did an Ivy vs Ivy match and we didn't switch...maybe it's just my imagination.

DrCrawford

Smash Rookie
i have a question i've been wondering since brawl came out, and was curious if brawl+ coders could fix it..

what determines what way you face when you are coming down on the safety platform after you die?

sometimes ill start up facing left, and sometimes right. is there a way to have it so you automatically come down facing your opponent instead of sometimes facing away from them?

MaxThunder

PM Support
i have a question i've been wondering since brawl came out, and was curious if brawl+ coders could fix it..

what determines what way you face when you are coming down on the safety platform after you die?

sometimes ill start up facing left, and sometimes right. is there a way to have it so you automatically come down facing your opponent instead of sometimes facing away from them?
would be cool to know... but does it really matter?... i mean... your still intangible enough to turn around or... charge in for pwnage...

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
would be cool to know... but does it really matter?... i mean... your still intangible enough to turn around or... charge in for pwnage...
It sorta might matter. Depends on the character and if the player wants to bair or fair. It's a positional advantage sort of deal. Minuscule, but can be used to your advantage. Sometimes you want to always face your opponent when you spawn because your fair is better than your bair. Maybe vise-versa.

You know. Small things that still matter. :V

MaxThunder

PM Support
It sorta might matter. Depends on the character and if the player wants to bair or fair. It's a positional advantage sort of deal. Minuscule, but can be used to your advantage. Sometimes you want to always face your opponent when you spawn because your fair is better than your bair. Maybe vise-versa.

You know. Small things that still matter. :V
true... but still... if your opponent is in a position where you can bair/fair him right after you spawn... he is god**** stupid...

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Y'know, I just noticed that the makers of Brawl+ seem to have an intricate understanding of PSA. I never really took a good look at this thread, but now I see complicated changes like this:

Bowser/Falco
-Special offensive flags changed from 204FFFC3->004FFFC3
And I can tell there's some expert PSAers behind this. Is there any place or way I can get the info or details the B+ crew is working off of? I'd be more than willing to contribute any PSA knowledge I have in return.

iLink

Smash Champion
So what's this 5.0 GOLD RC1 that I'm hearing about. Is it different from the current set we are using?

THO

Smash Apprentice
Does the development team for BP have all the tables of damage%, frame data, priorities,... somewhere. Cuz I am trying to compile something for a few characters i'm interested in(like frame data chart) and I can't find good brawl frame data or even miscellaneous data (such as how long does it take to drop a shield, is there still jump lag when you run off a ledge,...) to convert to BP timings using the conversion equations.

It would be nice if i didn't have to go through all the Brawl threads and find the frame data and redo it for BP, taking into account the huge list of changes made to BP, and then figure out all the shield stun data and stuff, which is what i've started to do.

Is there like a book or notes or something you guys have that can be posted or something.

I know it would be a big favor and some people don't really want to share the information that they work hard to attain, but I was just figuring since BP is an open source game and all maybe you guys would be willing to share something like that.

But maybe it doesn't exist, or is in a very disorganized format or something.

Either way, thanks.

DrCrawford

Smash Rookie
i think it matters. like mentioned above, with some characters its a lot easy to fair your opponent. so when you die and you're coming back planning on how to attack, you're randomly facing the wrong way and sometimes it costs a decent amount of damage

MaxThunder

PM Support
i think it matters. like mentioned above, with some characters its a lot easy to fair your opponent. so when you die and you're coming back planning on how to attack, you're randomly facing the wrong way and sometimes it costs a decent amount of damage
but still... there's still the time you cant get damaged just after you come back... and everyone would just try to avoid you while youre invincible... at least... thats kinda smart to do...

Eldiran

Smash Lord
i asked around about that and was told that its a change added by magus that functions to add hitlag to moves that had 'nonexistent' hitlag
Indeed, I'd heard it had to do with hitstun. I'm more interested in how the B+ team knew to edit the flag like that, and if they know any other juicy PSA coding tidbits.

Magus420

Smash Master
I knew to change the 2nd special offensive flag set like that because Nayru's Love, PK Fire, MK/Kirby's Nados, etc that didn't have the correct amount of hitlag (generally none) based on their dmg and hitlag mult had a number besides 0 in there like every other SOC (usually a 2 but sometimes a higher number). It might either set the hitlag to a specific value (2 in most cases) or divide the hitlag by the number when included, both of which don't work well with the 60% B+ hitlag code. I never really checked to see exactly how it modifies it.

On that same set of SOC flags, I know that xx4FFFC0 allows reversible KB as normal, but xx4FFFC3 and xx4FFFC4 don't. Don't know the specifics here either.

On the 1st set of SOC flags before that one, it sets the refresh time of the hitbox (to not refresh it has 00000000). If for example it's set to 8, the hitbox will refresh itself 8 frames after the last time it hit the target and be able to hit them again as long as the collisions haven't yet been terminated. If the hitbox were out from frame 10-36 and hit them on frame 10 to start, it would hit on 10, 18, 26, and 34. If it 1st hits them on 14, it'd hit on 14, 22, and 30.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
That is incredibly interesting! Thank you for the insight. This is the kind of info I love to read.

Is there a place where you regularly post these kinds of discoveries? I've read numerous helpful quotes from you, but never seen the actual source.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Guys, I've made a Peach pac that has slightly increased landing lag on all of her aerials (except for fair). I believe nair had 6 frames and went to 8 frames of landing lag. Uair, Nair, and Dair all had 5 frames, and I increased them to 7 frames of landing lag. Now the ALR pretty well mimics Melee autocancel frames. basically, they all had less lag than L-cancel frames, so I made it a little more balanced out.
download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X4IATRU0

EDIT: crap, accidental double post!!

THO

Smash Apprentice
Woah, you posted this in many places (2). But yeah, what is the purpose of this Peach pac?

Chepe

Smash Lord
I have a problem that has been affecting me for a while...

I used the updater at the Brawl+ site to install the latest codeset and all that, but for some reason Ness' PAC is not working correctly. specifically, his PK Thunder1 has been placing him in helpless state with no exceptions. Hitting an obstacle or another character doesn't let him use Up B again.

This problem has been persistent with me. The only time that this modified conditional action for Ness actually worked with me was with the official 4.1 Plussery. The updater for the old 5.0 and this RC1 version have not made this possible for Ness (but has worked for all other characters). Any tips/help?

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
My game keeps freezing when I'm playing Brawl+...is this normal? It didn't happen in some of the last updates but in this one it freezes a few times a day instead of no-times a day.

Also, does the auto-updater update my pac files for my pcs files too? I was thinking that might have been the reason my game kept freezing but I looked at some of my pac files for Zelda and they were all "Made in xxx" aka the same time...so it made me think that they were auto-replaced from updating to 5.0...

So this is two questions...why is my game freezing at random times....and does auto-updater even replace the pac files from .pcs files?

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
My game keeps freezing when I'm playing Brawl+...is this normal? It didn't happen in some of the last updates but in this one it freezes a few times a day instead of no-times a day.

Also, does the auto-updater update my pac files for my pcs files too? I was thinking that might have been the reason my game kept freezing but I looked at some of my pac files for Zelda and they were all "Made in xxx" aka the same time...so it made me think that they were auto-replaced from updating to 5.0...

So this is two questions...why is my game freezing at random times....and does auto-updater even replace the pac files from .pcs files?
I'm certain the updater doesn't mess with the pac files from your textures as I've updated both times so far using the updater along with an SD card full of textures. Not one was messed with, it only put in new pac files for the characters, not any of their textures.

At least, I'm sure of it if you choose option #1 from the updater. If you used any of the others I can't be certain.

As for the freezing, no clue but it might be related to your textures, or something's up with the gct.

Chepe

Smash Lord
we got rid of infinite up-b a looooooooooooong time ago
But then why does the Changelist page at the official site say for Ness:

-PKT1 no longer puts him into special fall when it is absorbed

Has that page not been updated in a long time then?

Revven

FrankerZ
Yes, it hasn't. We are going to get to it eventually it will take a long time before that comprehensive change list is redone.

freezinboi280

Smash Cadet
which of the codes changed the Final Smash animation speeds for Captain Falcon & Sheik? I tried figuring out which one I should disable, but everytime I use Captain Falcon's Final Smash with a PSA, the game freezes. But this doesnt happen when I use the Brawl+ 4.1 codeset.

Edit: Ok I found that removing the "Throw Modifier" code fixes this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom