• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlplusery Official Codeset 5.0 RC1 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Can anyone explain to me why the deadlands code was removed?

Also, is there any way to get rid of the sandbag on the wifi waiting room. If you can't get rid of the sandbag, I think we should just get rid of the whole wifi stage. It's basically just a textureless final destination, and I don't think anyone would use it in a tournament, so it doesn't really serve a purpose.
if you dont like it, why dont you just remove it?... i on the other hand would like to have the sandbag there, not that stupid dollar bill, to set it apart from final destination and having a stage that could be bad for projectiles=)

but i liked the deadlands... why was that removed exactly?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Because Luigi was tired of being shafted all the time, and made some demands.

Real answer: Because WBR wanted to keep the stage unique while making it more tourney viable. So the stage was slowed down.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Um, they put the sandbag back in, Ryu, learn to keep up with the times. >.>

And I love the WWR and slowed down LM.

But I'm still confused as to why you people complain so much!!! O_O

Foresight

Smash Rookie
Hey, I was only asking because no one bothered to post these changes anywhere on the Brawlplus website. The changelist still has deadlands listed and still list New Pork City as the wifi waiting room. I've been too busy to keep fully up to date with Brawl+, so I just wanted to know why Deadlands was removed. I much preferered it to the Mansion, and I though most everyone else did as well. It would be nice if they included a code, like holding L or something, that caused Deadlands to load. Might screw up replays though...

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Um, they put the sandbag back in, Ryu, learn to keep up with the times. >.>

And I love the WWR and slowed down LM.

But I'm still confused as to why you people complain so much!!! O_O
I've got the latest Official Codeset 5.0 RC1. (Yes, the PACS too -.-.) Something's wrong then. Plus it's the first time I've had the dollar replacing the sandbag. Excuse me for being outdated.

You're complaining as much as everybody, don't try to look better.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
While including Luigi's area via a button activator would please people. you'd run into stage discussion trouble that most people would rather avoid.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Personally, I think shieldgrabbing shouldn't be completely removed, but should be kept only for Toon Link and other such characters, as it would really help add depth to the gayness of their character.

jalued

Smash Lord
can i just say after playing samus, i think that she is definitely low tier. She's far too floaty to follow anything up with, her missile cancel doesn't go nearly low enough, and all she can do is camp. Basically, i feel that without her physics being adjusted (at least a faster FF) then samus will never be high tier.

Low tier in this order imo:

(possibly ike here)
bowser
sonic
ivy

big gap

samus

take into account that i feel low and high are pretty close

sure people will argue: "well ive played really good samus's" etc. maybe im wrong and samus is high low tier, or even low mid tier. But its obvious that she will never be DK level tier with these gravity settings

we have a little thing called first impressions... work on that...
haha you realize u contradicted yourself?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Or how about this?

Spot dodge.

OMG NEW AT OR WHAT D:

not only that, but he used the word "gay" as a synonym for "stupid. Now, I'm not gay, but it still pisses me off when people use it like the word stupid. The word "gay" means happy, or in slang, homosexual. It does not mean stupid.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
I laughed the same as a person wanting someone else to "delete Snake."
When did this happen? I missed out.

not only that, but he used the word "gay" as a synonym for "stupid. Now, I'm not gay, but it still pisses me off when people use it like the word stupid. The word "gay" means happy, or in slang, homosexual. It does not mean stupid.
I think he meant it to be used that way. People are unintentionally outing themselves when they shield grab, and it's a problem.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
In his double jump info? >.>

and just a question. Why would you need to double it if he already has it? it wouldn't work just copy pasta to another character; you'd have to tailor it.

Sph34r

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind tailoring, it's just besides random arbitrary "balancing" that I've applied, I don't use PSA much. If I'm not clear: I'm requesting the info because I simply want Ness' DJC for a non Brawl+ Ness. Like in vBrawl/Brawl64 or whatever.

Forgive my noobdom in PSA lol.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
oh...in hindsight this question should have been in the PSA help thread...

oh wait there isn't one. >.>

Anuways, I really want to try out the sped-up onett and stuff. :D

Frogles

Smash Ace
can falco fast fall laser after the first one? i was playing yesterday and i couldn't seem to fastfall during/after second laser (from a fullhop).

Rudra

Smash Ace
Seeing as how Laser DI hasnt been implemented yet, I havent been messing with Full Hop Laser tricks. I dont think its possible to Fastfall while shooting in a full hop though.
:005:

EDIT: It also looks like you would have to fire a shot while rising to do a FHTL. The rate of fire might be too slow to execute it otherwise. =/

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
See? Everything's better when you don't play with balls. /lame joke.

Just jk. But brawl+ is meant for the competitive scene, which generally doesn't use smash balls.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Oh idk maybe cuz i kinda sorta like playin with items every once in a while? =p
Hehehe...I sometimes play through SSE on Brawl+ :lick:

You must take a lot of time to do your posts the way you do, with the enormous amount of different colors. Or do you have a program for that?

Zen Yore

Smash Ace
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, North America, Earth
mmhmm is 5.0 the newest version ?
me and my friend desynched while playing on wi-fi so we decided to download 5.0 and i noticed a few different things :

1. squirtle, ivysaur and charizard arent independant, they change when they respawn
2. luigi's mansion does not start destroyed
3. NPC doesnt load up online practice stage
4. there's no auto L-Cancel

I had these in the version I had before. Strange.
I took the 5.0 gct file and put it in the codes folder, and this is what I get
Is it supposed to be like this?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
do you have the pac files for each character?

about your questions:

1. yes they do.

2.yeah, this has been in for like ever. since like the nightly after 4.1

3. IT's rumble falls now.

4. yes there is.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
HOLD UP HOLD UP, really? Individual pokeys worked for me and ash with this latest set.....are you sure?

at least, I thought they did...

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom