• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlplusery Official Codeset 5.0 RC1 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Down B is a better recovery move than Side B imo. Using it off stage means you cant be punished for going into it. You become invisible and invincible and can only be punished coming out, and is lagless upon softlanding and has the least hard landing lag out of all his recovery moves.

and you think GIGA DRILL BREAKA is safer than Shuttle Loop? wat.

and nado is not balanced. it's trash.

And yes, a properly spaced aerial move with decent disjoint can beat out GIGA DRILL BREAKA.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Exactly. and I bet you ANY move that has some sort of invulnerability during it (Peach up smash, utilt, fox/falco up smash, jiggz down smash, etc.) could cut through shuttle loop with good timing.

Magus420

Smash Master
Try reverting it completely and giving the hitboxes TP imo. It should allow trading hits, instead of clashing/eating hitboxes and then plowing through just about anything since it uses refreshing hitboxes and b-moves that get clanked in the air don't actually stop.

(inb4 people saying that TP would somehow be a buff here)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Down B is a better recovery move than Side B imo. Using it off stage means you cant be punished for going into it. You become invisible and invincible and can only be punished coming out, and is lagless upon softlanding and has the least hard landing lag out of all his recovery moves.
In RC1 when side-B still autosweetspotted, I found down-B to be easier to edgeguard. It can be edgehogged and the lag can be punished. A properly spaced side-B can't be edgehogged, and thus has no punishable lag. Your only option is to hit him out of it which is extremely difficult, impossible for most of the cast.

and you think GIGA DRILL BREAKA is safer than Shuttle Loop? wat.
Absolutely. He can be hit out of shuttle loop. You don't even need that high-priority of a move to do it. You only need to predict it.

Edit: I like Magus's idea.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Okay. predict. Right. The move is invicible on frame 8-13, with the initial hitbox being somewhere in there, making it safe on hit. It has enough damage and KB to make it safe on block. It's debatable on if its safe on spotdge or not. It can be made lagless and it goes into glide. The hitbox also lingers after it first comes out and start up is a lot lower than GIGA DRILL BREKA.

GIGA DRILL BREKA has no invicibility, and IIRC, hitbox comes out later than up B. Even as a recovery move, how in the world is that safer than up B. You can predict GIGA DRILL BREKA and punish it as well.

EDIT: In addition to magus idea, if the hitbox infront of MK was shifted back, it'd be better than just outright reducing the hitbox of the whole entire move.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
neko u bess be mad trollin right now

we're talkin about recovery

SL has no invinc. on its aerial incarnation

and if you're recovering with giga drill breaker ur doing it wrong if u get intercepted mid-start-up

its after ur going that its 2good since like JC said barely anything can beat it at that point.

mk can have the best recovery in the game sure why not

but thats different from having ridiculous attributes alongside that claim

obv

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
The same could be said about recovering with Shuttle Loop. You're doing it wrong if you get intercepted before start up, and you're doing it wrong if you get hit after its going because of the control you have over it.

And I asked leaf about Shuttle Loop and he said 8-13 rof.

And no, not barely anything can beat it at that point.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Well then, if it doesnt autosweetspot anymore...it takes skill to use effectively to recover...no? And ur doing it wrong if ur going out and trying to intercept mk anyways. Why not leave it as is without autosweetspot only and not overnerfing it? U can still hit him when he stops.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Speaking of TP, I'm curious as to how Tornado would work out with TP. Give it smaller hitboxes and cut some of the endlag on it. Still doesn't rise.

TP would guarantee that virtually any projectile in the game knocks MK out of it. Every character has at least one way to knock him out, and smaller hitboxes would make it easier. A lot of characters would have even more ways to knock him out, and characters that once had an issue like Peach have a very safe way to hit him out because TP. Any projectile or fair reaching move would knock him out in theory.
Cut some of the horrid endlag on it and give it at least some place in his game.

Doubt anyone would think about buffing what is probably one of the worst moves in the game (has some use as recovery but MK has much better options) which is unsafe on block basically no matter how far you move away, and unsafe on hit. Meh... :V

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
As the almighty Metaknight

shall receive improvements...

what ho, is it not right,

to improve such others in need,

along the likes of Peach?

Magus420

Smash Master
On the topic of tornado, I also had KB/SDI adjustments on MK's and Kirby's nados alongside those CF changes that made it more consistent across weight classes by converting it from weight based set KB into BKB so lightweights no longer fell out of the move without doing anything due to tumble, and heavies actually have a chance of SDIing out of it. Any reason you guys didn't include it?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I like the nado buff idea. I've always used Drill Rush primarily as a recovery tool anyway, never as an on stage offensive option, but that's just me.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Well then, if it doesnt autosweetspot anymore...it takes skill to use effectively to recover...no? And ur doing it wrong if ur going out and trying to intercept mk anyways. Why not leave it as is without autosweetspot only and not overnerfing it? U can still hit him when he stops.
I already said this. The nerf was made without the loss of autosweetspot in mind, so it's no longer necessary. But in RC1, GIGA DRILL BREAKER is the safest recovery move in the game (Neko you failtroll, side-B is still > up-B for recovery in RC1 despite your erroneous arguments).

Rikana

Smash Champion
It doesn't matter which is better (and even if upB is better, why are you defending auto-snap for sideB so much? Why not continue using upB and use sideB once in a while to mix it up). They're talking about how sideB is one of the most safe recoveries because it penetrates through many attacks and has auto-snap on ledge when recovering (note I didn't say to use sideB as an attack). Which is why the auto-snap must be removed.

I don't use MK, but I can probably picture myself being annoyed knowing that MK can recover quite safely using sideB. Not only that, MK has so many recovery moves so you can always mix it up and be less predictable. Losing the auto-snap won't be too much for MK users.. I don't think.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
The point of my post wasn't to be blessed by the Mulberry Tree.

It was to piss Neko off. If he's complaining so much about MK buffs....

how would he feel if we buffed Peach?

MWAHAHAHAHAHA

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
The point of my post wasn't to be blessed by the Mulberry Tree.

It was to piss Neko off. If he's complaining so much about MK buffs....

how would he feel if we buffed Peach?

MWAHAHAHAHAHA
you don't remember shadow monarchy and the epic sage pics =(

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
The more posts you have in a year the more ice cars and wiz trucks you have, and the bigger e-***** you have.
Obv.

D

Deleted member

Whoever is responsible for the atrocity that is the current Brawl+ Bowser, if you EVER make ANYTHING as stupid as this character again for any reason I'm permabanning you and blocking your IP from smashboards forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom