• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlplusery Official Codeset 5.0 RC1 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Yes he edited his bombs, they're in common3.pac

And Sage please move the beta discussion to the other thread

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Please fix G&W, he is ridiculous. I just took part in a tournament where a ganondorf main after getting wrecked in singles and doubles went to play G&W for the first time ever and because of that character and his b-air, came in first and second in singles and then doubles. B-air on shield actually leads straight into jab combo which pushes the opponent out of shield grab range and since the move has that little hit in between there is no time to punish. The character takes little to no skill yet can dominate a great deal of matches with just that single move. Oh and it also leads into, if connected with, another b-air, a f-smash or a f-air depending on when the move is canceled.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
That tourney you went to must have sucked.

Seriously, he is far from broken. Either you're a cheap *** or the opponents you fought SUCKED.

We aren't "fixing" him just because one person whines about it.

He ain't even close to RC1 ness's state.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
That tourney you went to must have sucked.

Seriously, he is far from broken. Either you're a cheap *** or the opponents you fought SUCKED.

We aren't "fixing" him just because one person whines about it.

He ain't even close to RC1 ness's state.
Your right good comeback, just tell me I suck. I can assure you sir this is not the case. Try playing as him once or twice and try doing the things I just told you about and tell me hes not insane. If you can do that I am afraid my response may be as close minded as yours... you probably just suck.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Well obviously I disagree. If he is spacing correctly vs. most character he shouldn't even be hit so its irrelevant that he is combo'd easily and dies early.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
and if the better character is spacing correctly as well, it doesnt matter, worse character loses.

If a better character is better, on equal level, it will show. he will win in the end where it matters.

tierology 101, son. get educated.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
How are G&W and his bair any more difficult to fight than he was in previous versions, or vBrawl for that matter?

I'm not against removing the ground hitbox from his bair though. It's always seemed pretty silly to me. It's sole purpose is to make it impossible to punish.

I still doubt G&W is broken but admittedly I haven't played a good one other than Slikvik, and that was several months ago.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
G&W is an interesting case. Top tier characters like MK, Marth and Diddy have an answer to everything G&W can possibly do. They basically have everything needed to stop G&W in his tracks.
Then when you look below G&W on the tier list he destroys basically the entire lower portion of the cast.
He is basically an obscure character in the CP system. He is lacking something essential to compete with a lot of the top tiers but the other side of the spectrum lacks what it takes to beat him. A character of extremes.
There's the option of reworking him to fit in the For system like a normal character but I would pray that doesn't happen. His place in the game is unique but still balanced overall.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
you'd be removing the butter from his bread and butter if you remove the ground hitbox from bair imo.

The guy only has like 2 abuseable move, and only one of them is multipurpose, that being bair.

Valuno

Smash Apprentice
G&W is definitely fine as he is right now. I would say his bacon might be a tad fast, but it's not really an issue.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Brawl+ is good and all, but did it really have to replace half my textures?
No it doesn't and it shouldn't. Unless you were using item textures and a title screen texture, or effect textures for Fox and Falco.

If you were, use brawlbox for optimum visual service. It's how I still use Pit's black arrows.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
How about sonic changes for the next release that aren't completely from left field? We in the sonic+ thread have been brainstorming some ideas and trying to get a general list of what he needs to gain a better position before B+ goes gold. I myself haven't posted on this thread about sonic's status as I thought this was thread wasn't for whining/begging for character changes.

However since that seems to be false (lol Zelda/Lucario too nerfed). I again ask if some WBR members can take a look at the sonic+ thread before going "lol sonic is fine" or giving half hearted changes he doesn't need.

lord karn

Smash Master
Please fix G&W, he is ridiculous. I just took part in a tournament where a ganondorf main after getting wrecked in singles and doubles went to play G&W for the first time ever and because of that character and his b-air, came in first and second in singles and then doubles. B-air on shield actually leads straight into jab combo which pushes the opponent out of shield grab range and since the move has that little hit in between there is no time to punish. The character takes little to no skill yet can dominate a great deal of matches with just that single move. Oh and it also leads into, if connected with, another b-air, a f-smash or a f-air depending on when the move is canceled.
Wait, I don't know how me 3-0ing you in winner's finals with Ganon is me getting wrecked. You wrecked my Ganon in one individual match with CF in grand and then I switched to G&W. Also, I played G&W at the last tournament in teams, and I picked him up in friendlies a long time ago. This was definitely not my first time playing as him.

I do think that he is kinda OP in teams, but I'm not convinced at all that he is broken in singles. When you went Olimar, it seems like your reverse grab beat several of my options and you could force me to approach, so it seems like you can definitely do stuff in that match-up to beat me. I mean, maybe G&W still wins the matchup, but it didn't seem unbeatable to me. I dunno about Falcon, but G&Ws moves seem punishable to me by most characters if you know the spacing.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
CPUs actually DI?

Game and Watch isn't overpowered, but he is incredibly simple and is a MUCH easier character to learn than Metaknight. I don't mind this however, because he isn't broken but is still decent.

jalued

Smash Lord
so lucario now cant recover from below...but we all know he's still high tier, i mean he has some insane combos on all the cast.

oh and this no autosweetspot horizontally has distroyed MK's side B recovery option :D

would be ok for a speedup of his extreme speed if needed, just to say

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
yo dawg, lyke dawg

fo real dawg

fo real fo real dawg

lyke sersiosly dawg

lyke im not even playing

yo lyke dawg

fo real dawg im not playing i am deff not playing

for real

viet dawg

stfu

like dawg

srsly dawg

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I dont think mk needs more nerfs ppl. Stop complaining. He felt very skillful when I played him ugh. And I liked him a lot when i played RC1. Please no more nerfs just learn to play against him. COmplain about ness or squirtle not mk. And G@W is definetely not OP'd lololol. Bair is so easy to SDI its not even funny.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
and that's all he needs rofl

pretty sure these are probably the last nerfs that need to happen to mk anyway

get rid of minor problems but is basically the second coat

usually no one needs third coats

unless u screwed up somewhere

but obv 3rd isnt the charm this time

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
mad uninteresting imo.

limiting moves like that. side b nerf wasnt needed as well. SDIable. unsafe on shield, can be unsafe on hit too. has hard landing lag tact'd on. any platform ats with this move is situational. only was good on heavies.

move was only average. why nerf it?

and i'm pretty sure this isnt the last time MK gets hit lol.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It got nerfed because it was a completely unstoppable recovery move. But now it can't autosweetspot, so that nerf might prove unnecessary.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
why dont you just tap down on the control stick to make it autosweetspot...
what does that have to do with my post?

@JC, Side B wasnt even the greatest recovery move anyways. trying to nerf its recovery ability wont really do much against MK.

he still has multiple jumps, a glide, and 4 recovery moves, one of which turns into a glide. it's like trying to wizz into an ocean of piss.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
what does that have to do with my post?

@JC, Side B wasnt even the greatest recovery move anyways. trying to nerf its recovery ability wont really do much against MK.

he still has multiple jumps, a glide, and 4 recovery moves, one of which turns into a glide. it's like trying to wizz into an ocean of piss.
Are you kidding me? The number of moves that could realistically hit MK out of his side-B (in RC1) when he was recovering could be counted on one hand. Even without it he still has an excellent recovery, I'll give you that, but at least his other options have a chance of being edgeguarded. It was silly how safe side-B was.

I actually don't know if you can still sweetspot with it by tapping down. I haven't tried myself.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Are you kidding me? The number of moves that could realistically stop MK from recovering with side-B (in RC1) could be counted on one hand. Even without it he still has an excellent recovery, I'll give you that, but at least his other options have a chance of being edgeguarded. It was silly how safe side-B was.

I actually don't know if you can still sweetspot with it by tapping down. I haven't tried myself.
The same could be said about his other recovery moves too you know. All of his recovery moves have chances of being edgeguarded against. Anyone with a decent disjointed move can beat GIGA DRILL BREAKA. You've seen its hitboxes havnt you? There are 3 of them. One on top, on in front, and one below. It has openings in the corners of the moves, and is completely open in back.

And side b is unsafe on shield. 100%. The move is a multihit move and each hit affords little shield stun, so by being smart and holding shield until the very end of the move, you get to punish MK no prob. And if you get hit, you have huge opportunity to SDI out before the final hit and possibly punish on hit as well. The move is not that safe.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Tornado ain't safe either and you don't see anyone saying it should be rebuffed.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
probably because it was nerfed harder than dsmash.

because it needed to be nerfed.

because it was a gdlk move before nerfing and for a while after nerfing which called for more nerfs.

side b was never in that category. never will be. hence why nerf it when it was an above average move at best that couldnt be spammed, is easily punished on shield and can be on hit, SDIable because of the extra ton of hitlag and because it moves it a single direction, and lasts for ever. it's ko potential isnt even notable unless you use it off stage.

it was never a go to move for MK. even in B+.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The move is 100% safe as a recovery move, that's all I'm talking about. It's a "Get Out of Edgeguard Free" card.

It's usage onstage is crap. That doesn't matter though when it's one of the safest recovery moves in the game.

All of his recovery moves have chances of being edgeguarded against
Exactly. They're good, but balanced. Except side-B.

Anyone with a decent disjointed move can beat GIGA DRILL BREAKA.
That's crap.

We should remove the endlag nerf but keep the size nerf. That improves it's usage onstage but keeps it from being a "Get Out of Edgeguard Free" card.

Edit: Wait, did side-B ever have an endlag nerf? I'm confusing myself...

We should just make sure it's safe on hit. That's all it needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom