• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlplusery Official Codeset 5.0 RC1 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Per shanus request:

1. HolyNightmare (ROB)
2. Ally ([Mostly] Wario/Marth/1 set Snake/1 match DDD)
3. ThatGuy (Ike)
4. zaf (Toon Link)
5. chesterr01 (Fox)
5. elefterios (Yoshi/Ganon)
7. jer (Jigglypuff)
7. pkm (forfeit)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
...also, what's this buffer scale do exactly? the higher i set it the more time i have to input another move during the animation of a previous move?
Yeah, that's pretty much it. Why are you asking if you already know it perfectly well? :laugh: (It caps at 100, or 10 frames, so it's not like you can have half a second of buffer...but thinking about that just seems crazy [input commands, lay down controller and eat a sandwich, pick up controller, repeat... :chuckle:])

And Neko, don't pay attention to gkirby. He's just a B+ scrub from my state. (He four-stocks himself in under 30 seconds on Lylat when playing against me, without me having to do anything... ;))

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Hey, is it true you can use Brawl+ on a non-hacked/updated wii in the same way you can use BBrawl? If so, how big of an SD card do I need? and where can I get it? I think I saw a thread about this before, but I don't know where it is now

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Per shanus request:

1. HolyNightmare (ROB)
2. Ally ([Mostly] Wario/Marth/1 set Snake/1 match DDD)
3. ThatGuy (Ike)
4. zaf (Toon Link)
5. chesterr01 (Fox)
5. elefterios (Yoshi/Ganon)
7. jer (Jigglypuff)
7. pkm (forfeit)
Some recent tournament I didn't know about? Not that I'd have gone to it.

Vids? I wanna see Ally's Wario! I think I notice the secret goodness that he gets from Brawl+ now, unlike before where I thought he was lacking something.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Hey, is it true you can use Brawl+ on a non-hacked/updated wii in the same way you can use BBrawl? If so, how big of an SD card do I need? and where can I get it? I think I saw a thread about this before, but I don't know where it is now
2 gig. No more or else it won't work. Use the autoupdater and select the without homebrew option.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
2 gig. No more or else it won't work. Use the autoupdater and select the without homebrew option.
Okay, I see it now. when I get another SD card, I'll be gettin' this.
One more thing. This comes with custom costumes/stages? Or do you have to download those by hand?

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Yeah, that's pretty much it. Why are you asking if you already know it perfectly well? :laugh: (It caps at 100, or 10 frames, so it's not like you can have half a second of buffer...but thinking about that just seems crazy [input commands, lay down controller and eat a sandwich, pick up controller, repeat... :chuckle:])

And Neko, don't pay attention to gkirby. He's just a B+ scrub from my state. (He four-stocks himself in under 30 seconds on Lylat when playing against me, without me having to do anything... ;))
I heard about it but wasn't sure as the last time i played brawl+ was like back in august? I think i'm going to start playing B+ permanently.

That is, after i complete all my CSPs, fix my music swap and finish a Falcon Texture.

I don't like running codes just to play brawl+ tbh, I think I'm going to scrub a brawl disc, iso hack it for b+ changes, so if I want to play some B+ i'll put in this disc instead of my regular copy.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I don't like running codes just to play brawl+ tbh, I think I'm going to scrub a brawl disc, iso hack it for b+ changes, so if I want to play some B+ i'll put in this disc instead of my regular copy.
Its too early to do that as there's always beta sets that change once in a while and even the official codeset changing every few months or so. It'll make more sense to hardcode it after Brawl+ goes gold.

melic67

Smash Cadet
I think brawl + is what brawl should be. I'm just wondering if there is anyway possible on wifi to start a ladder on brawl +'s own server. Then the game would be more competitive. But thats just throwing it out there. Like I said, it made the game 20000000 x better.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Some recent tournament I didn't know about? Not that I'd have gone to it.

Vids? I wanna see Ally's Wario! I think I notice the secret goodness that he gets from Brawl+ now, unlike before where I thought he was lacking something.
No, it was just a weekly and we threw a small bracket together. No videos, although there are older vids of Ally's Wario from BISB2 floating on youtube, against HolyNightmare's ROB.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
One question...I used the B+ codeset, and it would always freeze at the SSS. Unless there's a code problem inside that gct (mind you, this is the one in the premade package, not one I made myself), there's some sort of glitch with the SSS...so I got this crazily rearranged SSS and it works well...but now I can't get my song titles to work. The original place where I got my RSBE01.gct and it worked 100% perfectly now says it doesn't exist anymore. It had Hanenbow gone completely from the screen and Rumble Falls as the Wi-fi waiting room. Despite asking several times, no one seems to have an answer, so I ask you one of three things...
1. Could someone link me to an RSBE01.gct file patch 3.5.1 that works for them AND doesn't have a whacked out SSS?
2. Could someone get me a code to take out Hanenbow? (I think this is the problem with the B+ codeset, no custom SSS)
3. Could someone tell me how it might be possible to put multiple RSBE01.gct files in the codes folder, as in renaming them correctly?
Please give me the best option of the three and give me feedback on it through this thread or pm, or simply give some feedback on all of them. I need some help here, and I thank you in advance.
BionicSonic redirected me here for this...situation, so I'll ask here.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I want to play this, but how do I get good at it since the style seems very different from Brawl and BBrawl? It seems more like melee, and I was never good at melee.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
You play. And you practice. You adapt and treat it like a new game. Don't treat it like it's melee. Don't treat it like its Brawl.

Treat it like its a new game.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
You play. And you practice. You adapt and treat it like a new game. Don't treat it like it's melee. Don't treat it like its Brawl.

Treat it like its a new game.
That sounds like the kind of advice you climb a mountain for to meet the wise man at the top. :)
I'll give 'er a shot

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Theres a bug with Lucario's UpB move i didnt see in the buglist.
Now that his UpB doesnt have him go into a freefall, whenever i attack after using it and land i cant use it again unless i jump. Got smacked a few times cuz i was expecting it to go off and my guy just stood there.
Not a very high priority because how long are you on the ground typically (my record is 7 seconds without jumping lol) but just fyi

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I put in the SD version of the game. it works, but it doesn't come with the costumes, or the altered Luigi's mansion, or Wifi room... did I mess up somehow?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
note that they took out the altered luigi's mansion because they didn't want 2 FDs....

yeah....

and WWR replaces Rumble Falls. try going there and seeing what happens...

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
note that they took out the altered luigi's mansion because they didn't want 2 FDs....

yeah....

and WWR replaces Rumble Falls. try going there and seeing what happens...
I did. I got Rumble Falls. and no costumes... again, can I get those manually and where from?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
WWR replacing Rumble Falls should be part of the gct so that shouldn't be happening. Try downloading the gct file again.

DQP

Smash Ace
this may or may not have been discussed already, and i doubt it's of any relevance, but whenever i play against computers in the wifi waiting room, they have a tendency to go after the sandbag instead of me. any particular reason for this?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Person who is having trouble with rumble falls not being Wifi Room...make sure you're on brawl mode, not training mode. (brawl mode is the up to four player fight mode...not training mode)

WWR only works on brawl mode...

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
New upcoming set discussion goes here? ; _ ;

I'd like to hear more about what we are getting in this new build. And if it'll come out anytime soon.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
How many times do we have to say we need a PAL coder.

If you want a newer version, either switch to a NTSC copy of Brawl or get us a PAL coder.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Seriously now, is there any thread that we should be discussing the upcoming build in, excluding the stupid character boards? AiB Brawl+ is balls, and, like someone already said, the BrawlPlus.net forums/chat sucks as well.

I'd like to discuss things that might happen, please. =[

Any new stage changes in this build, by chance? I'm loving Sky World. It became my new favorite counterpick stage... until everyone started banning it against me. ; _ ;

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
There wasn't much else to say that's already been done in the new set and there are character boards here on SWF, as well as the social thread for everything both about Brawl+ and not Brawl+ which the beta topic sometimes degraded to

Truth be told, we were supposed to be done two days ago, and still can't give an ETA (nor am I allowed to I think)

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Alrighty then. I'll stop asking about it, thanks.

Like you said, I hope it gets done soon, and it plays well, haha. :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom