• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlers hate us-What can we do?-READ FIRST POST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

L__

Smash Master
Anyone else realize that was Thio's on 1337 now?

...seriously how can one hate someone for enjoying a game that was meant to be casual?

Walk into a room full of 10 year olds and tell them they suck for wanting to start a friendly competition using Brawl as their form of competition.

IMO I like Melee better though. ^_^V

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
i just wanted brawl to be just as good what a let down that's one strike for Nintendo in my book. Again this topic can go on and on the reality is there's melee and there's brawl what side are you on? Melee is the best game I've ever played

gantrain05

Smash Master
i don't know i really enjoy both brawl and melee, but saying that the AT's is what made the mindgames and what made the game competetive isn't exactly true, i mean the furthest in AT i ever got in melee was wavedashing and L-cancelling, and i've been to a few tourneys against people who knew the waveshine tech and all this crazy ****, but i still won a fair amount of matches just by reading moves and playing unpredictable, i play basically the same way in brawl with just about the same amount of success, and the only difference is that i dont wavedash.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
i don't know i really enjoy both brawl and melee, but saying that the AT's is what made the mindgames and what made the game competetive isn't exactly true, i mean the furthest in AT i ever got in melee was wavedashing and L-cancelling, and i've been to a few tourneys against people who knew the waveshine tech and all this crazy ****, but i still won a fair amount of matches just by reading moves and playing unpredictable, i play basically the same way in brawl with just about the same amount of success, and the only difference is that i dont wavedash.
How can you say you play the same when both games are completly different? First off there's no way you can play the same all the characters moves and combo ability for the most part have all been changed to some extent. They also took all the high teir characters from melee and made them weaker in brawl. Its a game made for forth graders.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
I don't hate you. ;"}

Naw, I hate people who can't accept both games and move on because the hate will ultimately kill us all, and I think we should be finding a way to avoid that at all costs.

Holding more major Brawl/Melee tournaments side-by-side could be effective IMO.

otg

Smash Master
I don't hate you. ;"}

Naw, I hate people who can't accept both games and move on because the hate will ultimately kill us all, and I think we should be finding a way to avoid that at all costs.

Holding more major Brawl/Melee tournaments side-by-side could be effective IMO.
Aren't you a totally Melee noob? Nah jk/... not really. W'e though, you can't judge people based on there skill in a video game. You shouldn't hate people because we can't accept BOTH games and MOVE ON. Sorry, but I tend to feel that as a competitive fighter, Brawl is very shallow, so I'm not to interested in playing it competitively. I shouldn't be forced to move on to a game I feel is worse.

Do I like Brawl? Yes, with items and 4 person FFA, but 1v1 I just can't appreciate. Brawlers keep saying "Stop trying to treat this game like Melee", well if thats the case turn on items and start putting on crazy stages because "no items, Fox only, final destination" is an even more atrocious campfest, snake/mk slugfest.

However, we should hold tournies for both games and give Brawl time to grow (although I doubt anything will ever be found). My main argument is you shouldn't hate anyone just because they dislike Brawl competitively. If you really invested time into Melee and got good at it you would appreciate it more.

studly

Smash Ace
i posted earlier about how my smash group went from brawl to melee... and its been a little while now since this started and i can already tell you about ridiculous differences between the two games....

we have a few different kinds of players in our group... some experienced others a little less so...and when we have our lessor skilled players in the group...we play brawl to handicap the better players

brawl is more user friendly than melee
melee has way better fighting options competitively

i enjoy both games...and play them regularly...and i think everyone should...because theyre completely different games

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
I play Brawl alot, I also play Melee, not as much, great games.
I don't hate you people if you guys want to stick with Melee, that's cool, it's a great game, with tactical depth and many level of skill.

Royale

Smash Journeyman
The one thing you should all keep in mind is that the name "Super Smash Brothers" is a franchise. And as you should know a franchise will change from game to game. With more and more people hittin the scene, your going to see changes, Melee brought about alot of good changes in the series, along with a few flaws which where ironed out in Brawl. Brawl and Melee are not masterpiece games, as this franchise continues to grow so does the expectations of Nintendo and the studio that produces the game even more changes will be made for better or for worse.

But what you should do is play whatever version makes you satisfied and happy.

Yea Melee goers are going to miss out on tournaments and such, but its the hard price you pay for loving a game thats apart of an on-going franchise.

Cinder

Smash Master
^ I'm glad the two of you can see where we come from...it's Brawlers like you two that give me hope...

But the thing is, we're not missing out on tourneys...there are still a lot of Melee tourneys to attend...granted, some areas have more than others
and my state hardly has any ._.

And with most of the "major" tourneys switching to Brawl *coughthismonthsC3cough*, lesser known smashers and tourneys could very well rise up...I for one plan to start hosting to make up for the lack of Melee-exclusive tourneys in my area...

Royale

Smash Journeyman
Love brawl for what it is, and love melee for what it is. Unfortunately, i didnt have any friends locally to play melee so i missed out on quite alot, like everything that had to do with melee. All because i didnt have anyone close to me to play it with. So, i missed out alot. But i do not miss the imbalanced characters. Brawl has some imbalanced stuff going on, but across the board its alot better than melee.

The two reasons i like brawl is simply because 1. Online brawling options, 2. [mostly] Balanced out characters. Thats pretty much it. Like i already said, i cant speak very well for my melee experiance because i simply didnt have anyone to melee with when it was at its prime. But from what i do remember, it was fun and thats how video games should be remembered as.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
^ I'm glad the two of you can see where we come from...it's Brawlers like you two that give me hope...

But the thing is, we're not missing out on tourneys...there are still a lot of Melee tourneys to attend...granted, some areas have more than others
and my state hardly has any ._.

And with most of the "major" tourneys switching to Brawl *coughthismonthsC3cough*, lesser known smashers and tourneys could very well rise up...I for one plan to start hosting to make up for the lack of Melee-exclusive tourneys in my area...
If I knew there was a Melee tournament nearby, I would be in it.

Pseudoshot

Smash Cadet
Brawl is fail. a fighting game without combos and ridiculous DI and random tripping deserves to fail.

Raikousei

Smash Rookie
Personally, the only reasons I play Brawl more are
1) Everyone else plays it; no one really wants to play Melee anymore.
2) More characters
3) Online service (although though it's pretty bad IMO)
4) Custom stages

However, I like Melee more and acknowledge it as the better game, due to the fact that it has more hitstun, depth, ATs, etc.

Regardless, I love all three Smash games.

JrdnS

Smash Ace
Personally, the only reasons I play Brawl more are
1) Everyone else plays it; no one really wants to play Melee anymore.
2) More characters
3) Online service (although though it's pretty bad IMO)
4) Custom stages

However, I like Melee more and acknowledge it as the better game, due to the fact that it has more hitstun, depth, ATs, etc.
and thats what a lot of people do. play brawl because everyone else plays it but, they still like melee better. if people wouldnt do this thered be a lot more melee players

M@v

Subarashii!
Brawls more popular because its more well known. A lot of newbies entered smash with brawl. That solves the popularity issue. Honestly, I play brawl more, but I like melee and brawl a lot. I got to tourneys for both. Whichever one there is a tourney for near me, im there.

Jun.

Smash Lord
i think someone needs to have a gigantic crew match

melee supporters vs brawl supporters

on which game? BRAWL. I have faith that the melee community can beat the brawlers

it'll shut them up once and for all

Jun.

Smash Lord
i'm sure m2k will play for melee. I'm pretty sure DSW will be pro-melee too

who's fox will play for melee....
all falcon players will be on melee for sure

it should be interesting

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
It's not only the smashboards. It's youtube, gamefaqs, and every other smash community I can think of that does what you speak of. If you disagree with ANYTHING in Brawl it is automatically seen as "you hate Brawl and want to see it fall". Personally I don't like Brawl as a competitive game but I'd love to see it thrive. I want Melee to live on though.
Also I disagree that Melee's light is getting dimmer.
In fact that is the problem. People are comparing it to Brawl. If we compared Melee to Halo 2, our light would have barely been visible however people never wanted to make such a comparison.
By comparing the games so competitively people are destroying each other. Instead they could both just and thrive. Because the community is so negative towards the other side they are going to hurt eachother. Brawl will win if this keeps up. I really do think that Mods and leaders on these boards need to get together and make some sort of sticky/rule against fighting on these boards at least. If the smashboards community could be changed into a symbiotic relationship then the rest of the smashing community could and probably would be changed as a whole.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
From what I can see from my school, people who sucked at Melee were good at Brawl. People who were good at Melee were still better than them. I don't think it matters too much.

Before the match, the Melee side has to make an announcement, "This battle is dedicated for Mewtwo. May he rest in peace. We are indifferent to Roy, although we do know he is better than Ike."

Jun.

Smash Lord
from what I see

people who were sick at melee, are so sick at brawl they refuse to play sucky people

and people who sucked at melee, are the people who are the sucky people

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
From what I see

Brawl sucks

and... err... people who dominated Melee, dominate Brawl...
but...
that's not saying a lot...

Jun.

Smash Lord
wait wth?

evo is over

ken lost to a 14 yr old (no offense to 14 yr olds of course)

wow wth

ken would probably play for melee now in our fantasy crew battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom