• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawler's Brawl in Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finch

Smash Lord
In brawl Marth is kind of a ****ty character i.e. not snake or MK so it would be stupid to not use other mains against people who are playing snake and MK i.e. most people at a tournament.

Finch

Smash Lord
He also doesn't win. You gave up wario (a better character than marth) for a very simple MK so it's pretty hypocritical to call out marth mains for switching characters mid tourny.

Finch

Smash Lord
lol I'm not getting caught in this trap. You are a hypocrite. I have said why, you have tried to change the subject and employed ad hominem. Clearly I won.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Gmoney: SHUT THE **** UP this thread isnt about your ****ing wario or busted *** smash girls or whatever the **** you are rambling about.

This this is about RockCrock beating the **** out of Phanna, so can we please get less stupid talk and more RockCrock telling his side of the story. Because frankly this is the best thing ive read on smash boards in years, and you guys are filling it up with your idiot talk that no one cares about.

Renth

Smash Hero
why does everyone want to hear rocks side of the story? honestly, it's really none of any of our concerns.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Phanna made it our concern when it posted about it on smashboards, theres 2 sides to every story so we wanna hear how rocks version of the story is and what caused him to snap.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
Gmoney: SHUT THE **** UP this thread isnt about your ****ing wario or busted *** smash girls or whatever the **** you are rambling about.

This this is about RockCrock beating the **** out of Phanna, so can we please get less stupid talk and more RockCrock telling his side of the story. Because frankly this is the best thing ive read on smash boards in years, and you guys are filling it up with your idiot talk that no one cares about.
loooool

i dont understand why smashboards is a ****ing chat room nowadays either. there are tons of programs/messengers/other forums where you guys can talk about whatever the hell you want.
smashboards is for smash and fighting NOTHING ELSE!

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Anyways, what is up with Marth mains acting like they really main Marth when they just use other characters in tourney?
okay how bout this gmoney, if you go back to wario completely, i'll go back to marth completely, stop johning & i know that that comment was completely directed towards me, if you play a high/god tier character i'll counterpick with a high/god tier character, deal with it stop johning, and by the way i use several characters so i call a character my main based on my personal view of my skills with that particular character and i think that my marth is the character that i am most skilled with in my point of view however some others will have to do the job (snake, zelda, oli etc) if the match-up sucks for marth; thanks finch for calling johnmoney out on this one.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
okay how bout this gmoney, if you go back to wario completely, i'll go back to marth completely, stop johning & i know that that comment was completely directed towards me, if you play a high/god tier character i'll counterpick with a high/god tier character, deal with it stop johning, and by the way i use several characters so i call a character my main based on my personal view of my skills with that particular character and i think that my marth is the character that i am most skilled with in my point of view however some others will have to do the job (snake, zelda, oli etc) if the match-up sucks for marth; thanks finch for calling johnmoney out on this one.
Just use random box and win with him, and then you'll be my hero :D

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Marth's rather good in Brawl. Better than Wario, IMO; everything has range, which is awesome.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Marth's rather good in Brawl. Better than Wario, IMO; everything has range, which is awesome.
while all this is true reflex, he dies faster than almost all high/top tier character...he struggles against a mediocre mk, or a d3 that knows how to chaingrab, his options seem limited, like if marth jumps everyone expects a Fair and thats usually the only option that marths have either that or Nair, i'll have to give this one to wario though, he has a much easier fight against snake and many other characters, and besides the grab release thing, he has pretty decent match-ups if the wario's good (i.e. Reflex) ;) i've been wanting to go back to marth 100% but when i get jewed, whether it be my recovery or my wieght, i just get so angry, and the fact that its like ten times as hard to tip as it was in melee is worse, because it'll seem like a tip but then its just a normal attack near the tip of his sword, and then i john all day on the boards about it.:laugh:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
ON the topic of the ongoing character argument/discussion, basically, read my sig.

Don't get mad at anybody for picking up any character in the game. it's just a fact. people will play who they like or can win with. that's the bottom line.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
If this was a Smashfest, why is Phanna the only one with a story to tell here?

*edit*

This situation sounds much more serious than you all are treating it.

-Kimo

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
ON the topic of the ongoing character argument/discussion, basically, read my sig.

Don't get mad at anybody for picking up any character in the game. it's just a fact. people will play who they like or can win with. that's the bottom line.
thanks fenrir thats true, and if all my other characters will help me get the win, then i'll use them, thats just the bottom line.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i PERSONALLY think that HRnut mains marth. His skills with marth are waaaaay above his skills with any of his other characters. Just that his other characters are better so it may look like hes better with them compared to marth.

i dont see what all the hubbub is coming from you gmoney...i mean, you main wario for awhile, at least through the first gigs when i met you. Then, you change mains to MK and no one really cares or gets upset with you. But then, when people pick up other characters to combat you and other MKs in the state, all the while keeping their true mains, you get upset at them and start essentially calling them out for "switching mains" ? Hrnut didnt switch mains from marth to snake. He picked up snake with the sole intention of beating meta knights. I then asked him to stay snake for teams, as marth and diddy was lacking killing power. Equi is gonna pick up snake just to beat meta knight. That doesnt mean that equi is now a "snake main", if he uses snakes for a few more gay wolf matchups. I picked up MK for teams, and to fight diddy's gay matchups of wolf and some snakes. That doesnt mean that I've changed mains.

I could go on for probably hours listing people who pick up secondarys to beat the overly used characters in brawl that happen to be gay matchups for their mains. None of this means that they've changed mains. Just they've discovered a new tool for beating a matchup. I mean, if Diddy didn't already have one of the easier times against MK in the entire game, i'd probably have picked up snake by now to beat them too.

tl:dr version: WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS GET OFF OF MY BOY'S **** ABOUT WHO HE PLAYS IN TOURNEYS. DONT GET MAD CAUSE HE PICKS UP A CHARACTER TO BEAT YOURS

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
thanks fenrir thats true, and if all my other characters will help me get the win, then i'll use them, thats just the bottom line.
Thats how tourney sets should be approached. Each of your characters is a tool, and each person you play presents a problem that has to be fixed with certain tools in your toolbox. Most of the time you can do it with your favorite screwdriver, but sometimes you gotta go to the lesser used wrench, hammer, or saudering iron

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
i would but i might get capt. falcon...which usually equals loss, lol
thats happened to me before numerous times, and it deffinatly sucks balls. just camp nairs and shield camp. ****ING BAN FD though. with CF you have to be as gay as humanly possible. don't approach because you'll get ****ed half of the time.

random box in friendlies though. it seriously gets you better with every character, and its fun as hell.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
Wow, you guys should calm down. I just find it funny that the Marth mains I know (besides Chazlie) call themselves Marth "mains" even though they tend to rarely use Marth. This all goes back to HRNUT telling me he wanted to be known for his Marth more than any other character. He's known for his Snake (or random characters) now, if anything, and not Marth (at least to me). Inui is a Marth "main," but I saw him using Snake and D3 more than his Marth. I just point out what I find funny. I'm not a Wario main anymore and I don't call myself one. I don't care what character people main or secondary or even use. It's just funny to say you main a character that isn't your "favorite tool" in most matchups. No johns. Get over yourselves. Reflex is a god among men. Everyone else "loves" everyone else.

Everyone should just stfu so that we can maybe get Rock's side of the story.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
thats happened to me before numerous times, and it deffinatly sucks balls. just camp nairs and shield camp. ****ING BAN FD though. with CF you have to be as gay as humanly possible. don't approach because you'll get ****ed half of the time.

random box in friendlies though. it seriously gets you better with every character, and its fun as hell.
will do mooney, anytime i see you at a tourney i'll random box you in friendlies...they're fun as heck too lol

Thats how tourney sets should be approached. Each of your characters is a tool, and each person you play presents a problem that has to be fixed with certain tools in your toolbox. Most of the time you can do it with your favorite screwdriver, but sometimes you gotta go to the lesser used wrench, hammer, or saudering iron
true, thanks for the support G, i don't know why he's johning about who i play, i don't care if he denies it, i know that was directed towards me, if he's scared of my snake, then oh well.:chuckle:

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Wow, you guys should calm down. I just find it funny that the Marth mains I know (besides Chazlie) call themselves Marth "mains" even though they tend to rarely use Marth. This all goes back to HRNUT telling me he wanted to be known for his Marth more than any other character. He's known for his Snake (or random characters) now, if anything, and not Marth (at least to me). Inui is a Marth "main," but I saw him using Snake and D3 more than his Marth. I just point out what I find funny. I'm not a Wario main anymore and I don't call myself one. I don't care what character people main or secondary or even use. It's just funny to say you main a character that isn't your "favorite tool" in most matchups. No johns. Get over yourselves. Reflex is a god among men. Everyone else "loves" everyone else.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=no johns

will do mooney, anytime i see you at a tourney i'll random box you in friendlies...they're fun as heck too lol
Yeah random box dittos are amazing. Its the only thing I have fun with that has to do with singles. Do you have aim btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom