• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
That's a good idea: I'm doing Drifloon, no one take it. Also, STUFF2o, are you going to fully complete him? (Moveset, animations, and model.) If so, I'll add you to my archive.
If I can get the animations to work, then I'll probably try making a moveset.

Btw, what are the different ways to play as alloys? Can they just appear as icons on your CSS, or what? I know that there's a code to hold Z on Falcon and be Red Alloy and such, but I think I've heard of the alloys themselves being on the CSS.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
If I can get the animations to work, then I'll probably try making a moveset.
What do you mean if you can get them to work? If you swap animations they will work, and the rest you can make.

I'll add you to my archive. (here.)

Btw, what are the different ways to play as alloys? Can they just appear as icons on your CSS, or what? I know that there's a code to hold Z on Falcon and be Red Alloy and such, but I think I've heard of the alloys themselves being on the CSS.
There is the Character Modifier Code (you can find that in a lot of places) and it can be done with a character selection portrait. (Eldiran made one and its on the tenth or eleventh page of the Project Primid thread.)

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
1. You don't have to make animations, unless you want to make him a full character. All you have to do is open fitmotionetc.pac with BrawlBox and open the pig thing in another BrawlBox and export the animation data from the pig, then replace it with the animations you want them to replace in fitmotionetc.pac.

2. You don't have to open a different pac even if you want to make an entry for him. You can do that in fitmotionetc.pac. I would suggest making sure he works in Training mode before making an entry though, since in Training they don't go through their entries.

Tell me if it works.
:( it didnt work, I will keep experimenting. but if anyone wants to take a look at the files:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1adf6744a7f7dabfe62ea590dc5e5dbbc7474251900fa310e04f31aacf568dab

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
Ok, so I am knowledgeable about Brawl Hacking ect, but I have a few basic questions about this:

If I take, lets say, Captain Falcon, and change some of his animations, how do I use those in game? do I save, and put that in the pf/fighter/falcon (or whatever it is) and put in the changed file as FitCaptainMotionEct.pac or do i change the name to something else?

And by the same token, If I wanted to, lets say, put little mac in as an alloy. I put the animations in for the alloy, but then what? If I save the file, it is still just the animations of little mac. And then how do I change the textures of the alloy? Do I go through Brawl Box and simple alter textures? And Finally, would I then load this into Project Smash Attack and alter the parameters of the attacks (hit boxes ect) or what is it exactly that I would do?

Thank you! (Man, I hope someone makes a video or writes a specific guide on altering animations)

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
What do you mean if you can get them to work? If you swap animations they will work, and the rest you can make.

I'll add you to my archive. (here.)

There is the Character Modifier Code (you can find that in a lot of places) and it can be done with a character selection portrait. (Eldiran made one and its on the tenth or eleventh page of the Project Primid thread.)
A Character Modifier Code you say? Well that'll fix my problem with the broken icon right by Kirby! [/mk reference]

Seriously, I'm surprised I didn't know about this code!

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
A Character Modifier Code you say? Well that'll fix my problem with the broken icon right by Kirby! [/mk reference]

Seriously, I'm surprised I didn't know about this code!
Me too. Its very common. Here:

Code:
Character Modifier (P1)
4A000000 90180F20
10000098 000000XX
E0000000 80008000
<!--[!include:Character IDs]-->
Here are the character IDs:

Code:
Character IDs
XX:
00 Mario
01 Donkey Kong
02 Link
03 Samus
04 Zero Suit Samus
05 Yoshi
06 Kirby
07 Fox
08 Pikachu
09 Luigi
0A Captain Falcon
0B Ness
0C Bowser
0D Peach
0E Zelda
0F Sheik
10 Ice Climbers
11 Popo
12 Nana
13 Marth
14 Mr. Game & Watch
15 Falco
16 Ganondorf
17 Wario
18 Metaknight
19 Pit
1A Pikmin & Olimar
1B Lucas
1C Diddy Kong
1D Charizard
1E Charizard (Trainer Independant)
1F Venasaur
20 Venasaur (Trainer Independant)
21 Squirtle
22 Squirtle (Trainer Independant)
23 Dedede
24 Lucario
25 Ike
26 Robot
27 Jigglypuff
28 Toon Link
29 Wolf
2A Snake
2B Sonic
2C Giga Bowser
2D WarioMan
2E ZakoRed (Red Alloy)
2F ZakoBlue (Blue Alloy)
30 ZakoYellow (Yellow Alloy)
31 ZakoGreen (Green Alloy)
32 Mario

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
Heavens to Murgatroyd, Z, I think you just killed the 56k modem users with that post.

My love of Toon Link's Pig is now battling with my love for everything MOTHER 3 and I cannot decide which of those pictures is my favorite. Good luck editing the rest of Kumatora's animations to fit her larger body, I look forward to playing as her.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
JESUS! Isn't this what clickable thumbnails are for? XD;

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If anyone is interested, here are some things I did lately.

How could you animate trophies? From what I've seen, they don't have T-stances, and their bones don't change the positions of their body parts.

Edit: Didn't realize that the Knuckles model came from the Green Hill Zone stage. Disregard what I asked, but this is pretty impressive work.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
How could you animate trophies? From what I've seen, they don't have T-stances, and their bones don't change the positions of their body parts.

Edit: Didn't realize that the Knuckles model came from the Green Hill Zone stage. Disregard what I asked, but this is pretty impressive work.
I wish models were animatable. *sniff*I wanna play as Ancient Minister already.
*cough*brawlbox v.61 idea*cough*

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Please Halp!!

Sometimes, the animations don't show up, it's the characters default animations. So far, only bones where the scale is different don't register.

Also, one thing that should be changed in the next version is selecting multiple bones. That would be lovely.

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
-BigSharkZ- said:
alexjol said:
Ummm... can someone tell me where I can delete Captain Falcon's eyes? And how do I do it? Like removing Kirby's feet & hands?
alexjol, I believe it's a CLR0 file that has that. That's why you can't see it in Brawl Box. It's not a texture.
Where is that CLR0? And how do I get rid of it? I suppose with a Hex editor, but where do I edit and what do I put? Does brawlbox help with this? Sorry for all the questions, but, as I've said before... I'm a real n00b with Hex editors and that sort of stuff :dizzy:
Can someone answer this question, please?

Captain Kwark

Smash Apprentice
Sonic is not T-posing in the Model editor, only the bones. And Knuckles stays T-posed the animations don't work.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I think I found the source of the crashing. It's most likely a combination of several things in the character's MotionEtc data.
CharacterEtc
AnmVis(NW4R)
AnmTexSrt(NW4R)
The Blue and Red Alloys don't have any of those in their motion files (dunno about Yellow or Green, but I'm assuming the same for them). That means that the crashing has to do with SOMETHING in one or more of those areas.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i keep getting this whenever i go to use the animation editor. That and the models aren't showing up at all. IDK whats wrong.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Unknown error (0xc0070006)
at BrawlLib.OpenGL.wGlContext.Capture()
at BrawlLib.OpenGL.GLContext.Unbind()
at BrawlLib.OpenGL.GLPanel.DisposeContext()
at BrawlLib.OpenGL.GLPanel.OnHandleDestroyed(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmDestroy(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4200 (NetFxQFE.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BrawlBox
Assembly Version: 0.60.3615.38028
Win32 Version: 0.60.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jacob/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EX00.196/BrawlBox.exe
BrawlLib
Assembly Version: 0.7.0.0
Win32 Version: 0.07.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jacob/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EX00.196/BrawlLib.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
If you close the animation/model viewer it'll give an error. Just continue past it.

If it's not that, no idea what it is.

Though, randomly, an animation simply won't show if you click it (they'll T-Pose) and an error will show. Just continue and click the animation again.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
the thing is i can't see anything. I'll try to edit something but i won't know what it changed because for some reason it's not loading the model.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Some models just aren't going to load. Most characters will though.

Ah, something most people need to know if they don't.

If you want to set a default stance to your animation so you don't have to copypaste over and over for the SAME pose, first reduce all frames of the animation to 1 in FitMotionEtc.pac, save, then open it again and this time give it as many frames as you need. All those frames will be set to the stance your first frame is in. Then save as and proceed to edit. Note that any changes you make to the first frame will automatically be made on all frames unless edited individually.

Very useful.

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
Sonic is not T-posing in the Model editor, only the bones. And Knuckles stays T-posed the animations don't work.
Sonic's lack of polygons is nothing new, I mentioned it a couple days after the new release. We're still not sure what the exact cause is, but it might have to do with his model using multiple textures on the same polygons at the same time.

As for the Green Hill Zone models, change the names of Knux's bones. He's got extra unnecessary text on each one - they say "StgGreenhillKnuckles_TopN" instead of "TopN", so delete the extra text and he'll work like a charm for imported animations (but his running animation on the Green Hill Zone stage won't work anymore).

Silver's model works best with Sonic's animations since he already has spines on the back of his head. The other models don't, and their arms spaz out because of this.

Also, to all the Vista users getting error messages...I'm running 64-bit Vista and BrawlBox does not give me errors. Perhaps this is because I turned off Aero and switched almost everything to the Windows Classic theme. Try that and see if it works.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Wait.. How did he(BigSharkZ) transport Ikes sword to another character? Lucas has no article like that he could replace...

Stoney said:
Sonic's lack of polygons is nothing new, I mentioned it a couple days after the new release. We're still not sure what the exact cause is, but it might have to do with his model using multiple textures on the same polygons at the same time.
I thought the exact same thing. It makes sense.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
So are people still wondering about why scaling doesn't seem to work? Because I might have a solution.

The Size Mod codes. Considering it's just scaling the character's body part for every animation, activating it would, theoretically, make scaling through Brawl Box work.

But it wouldn't be the first time my logical solutions failed.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Because i'm trying to get brawl box to work but on vista 32-bit but i keep getting an error. that and the only thing i see when i'm editing them is a green circle and a line.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Uhhh, I made an animation for Pikachu and one of his legs was missing in brawlbox, then ingame, there's a huge yellow streak along the screen. All I did was delete a few frames. How do I fix this?

EDIT: Some values were NaN, so I fixed most of them, then bbox locked up on the last frame, completely taking over 1 of my 4 cores... :I

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Does anyone have like a list of what the animation names mean? There are a couple specific animations I need to see but I don't really have anytime to do trial and error.

Top Bottom