• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
So, are we able to add or delete frames?

Yes. Open the FitMotion/FitMotionEtc file with Brawl Box, then go in the animation (Do not preview the model, just go in the sub-directory containing it). On the right, change the "Frames" to the number you want.

Edit: Going to test what I've done.

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
Well, thanks to Brawlbox, I decided to look into some of the removed trophy files. I renamed them to be the original character trophy, and to my surprise, they all worked, flawlessly. Pikachu, however, was the one that didn't cooperate. I also tweaked a few bones on Diddy to make his hat on his tail.

After figuring out a few more things, I wondered, 'Could we perhaps take any model from the game, change their T-pose, and replace the model file in any trophy file?'

...Well, I tried, to get a freeze. Does anyone have any idea on what might have gone wrong? It was probably the filesize (much larger than original).

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Well, thanks to Brawlbox, I decided to look into some of the removed trophy files. I renamed them to be the original character trophy, and to my surprise, they all worked, flawlessly. Pikachu, however, was the one that didn't cooperate. I also tweaked a few bones on Diddy to make his hat on his tail.

After figuring out a few more things, I wondered, 'Could we perhaps take any model from the game, change their T-pose, and replace the model file in any trophy file?'

...Well, I tried, to get a freeze. Does anyone have any idea on what might have gone wrong? It was probably the filesize (much larger than original).
Removed trophies? Did you take a picture for each? I've never heard of them.

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
If you look through the Brawl file database on Mediafire, character's first trophies are characternameR1. There are a few trophies which are labeled CharacternameR2. These were reportedly for the SSE and some removed trophies even have the same pose as the trophy *in* the SSE (most notably Luigi's See here: http://www.brawlsnapshots.com/snapshots/186867?user=3910).

You can also see the others in my gallery. For some reason only about one-third were made.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
If you look through the Brawl file database on Mediafire, character's first trophies are characternameR1. There are a few trophies which are labeled CharacternameR2. These were reportedly for the SSE and some removed trophies even have the same pose as the trophy *in* the SSE (most notably Luigi's See here: http://www.brawlsnapshots.com/snapshots/186867?user=3910).

You can also see the others in my gallery. For some reason only about one-third were made.
Thanks, and nice find. This means we can make custom poses for trophies, and import our own models soon.

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
Yea, in case you were wondering, I posed waluigi into his crotch point. By the way, does anyone know where the model data for the backgrounds of trophy are located? I certainly am not trying to make any sort of stage hack ;).

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
obvious attempt by the above poster to raise interest aside, BigSharkZ, have you finished whatever it was you were doing so i can have the beam sword hack?

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I guess I could see that, but that is not what I had originally intended.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Edit: Disregard this post. I'm a moronic idiot who just watched the ******ery of Star Trek. XD

LxTrix

Smash Rookie
Just load the animation and take a picture (Print screen)

Also, did anyone get scaling to work?

Lastly, Ragnell on Beam Sword didn't work. It just didn't load. Strange.
How do i get the animation out of custom pac/pcs files, not all of them have an animation file.

LxTrix

Smash Rookie
so i just open say fitike01.pcs? and then go to advanced model editor? i don't see the option to open it in the menu....

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
so i just open say fitike01.pcs? and then go to advanced model editor? i don't see the option to open it in the menu....
You then load FitIkeMotionEtc.pac

And KuroBit, I also made a Shadow the Hedgehog (Only has three custom poses), and I was wondering what did you put for the quills? I messed with them for hours and kept having annoying results. I'd credit you if you would tell me, of course.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
You then load FitIkeMotionEtc.pac

And KuroBit, I also made a Shadow the Hedgehog (Only has three custom poses), and I was wondering what did you put for the quills? I messed with them for hours and kept having annoying results. I'd credit you if you would tell me, of course.
You're doing Shadow? You know his AT model will work on an alloy, right? Are you also going to make a full moveset and full animation set?

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
Ummm... can someone tell me where I can delete Captain Falcon's eyes? And how do I do it? Like removing Kirby's feet & hands?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
You're doing Shadow? You know his AT model will work on an alloy, right? Are you also going to make a full moveset and full animation set?
I don't want him to be on an Alloy but on Sonic.

And alexjol, I believe it's a CLR0 file that has that. That's why you can't see it in Brawl Box. It's not a texture.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Really? From everything I heard, shadow can't be placed on anyone for some reason. If this is possible, I'd go ahead and make a moveset for him. (When I have time)

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
I don't want him to be on an Alloy but on Sonic.

And alexjol, I believe it's a CLR0 file that has that. That's why you can't see it in Brawl Box. It's not a texture.
Where is that CLR0? And how do I get rid of it? I suppose with a Hex editor, but where do I edit and what do I put? Does brawlbox help with this? Sorry for all the questions, but, as I've said before... I'm a real n00b with Hex editors and that sort of stuff :dizzy:

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Really? From everything I heard, shadow can't be placed on anyone for some reason. If this is possible, I'd go ahead and make a moveset for him. (When I have time)
Any model will work on Red Alloy, I'm almost positive it is the same for Yellow, I am unsure about Blue and Green. So you will make him? If so, I'll add you to my archive. (here.)

LxTrix

Smash Rookie
Is there a guide for like i've said before getting tga/portraits from brawlbox of custom pcs/pac files. I'm so lost.

I open the fitike01.pcs and then i'm supposed to open the motion.pac but i dont have it for every character unless it is a custom one so do i need to extract it?

I see that everyone is screen capping it in advanced model editor but i don't know how to open that within brawlbox.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
I open the fitike01.pcs and then i'm supposed to open the motion.pac but i dont have it for every character unless it is a custom one so do i need to extract it?
Download the [Meowmix]Character_Effects in my Signature.

EDIT: ...which didn't show up this time...that's gay...download it in my post above.

EDIT2: Oh, of course, NOW it shows up, after I edit my post of course.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Cool find, dunno if I was slow or not.

You can add CLR0's straight to a character's ModelData and use them. No more injecting into FitMotionEtc? I wonder how you call these though.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I just attempted to replace Bowser with Meta Ridley; the model, textures and animations work fine in Brawl Box, but as soon as you load Bowser in-game, it freezes.

What can cause this, and can it be fixed?

Acarus

Smash Rookie
This all looks really cool but it's got me completely lost. I'm interested in editing some animations but have no idea how to start. I don't know what files to open through BrawlBox or anything. Is there a tutorial on any of this?

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
I just attempted to replace Bowser with Meta Ridley; the model, textures and animations work fine in Brawl Box, but as soon as you load Bowser in-game, it freezes.

someone answer this question

Is it possible to add a texture to the place in the mdl0 file that says texture1.

It goes MDL0---->Textures1---->texture.0

How can i add one of those?

Razanak7

Smash Ace

kso, the animations work and Bowser loads now, but that's just the problem: it's still Bowser.

I'll stick the downloads here too in case someone wants to try and fix it.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/11/2/2170666/FitKoopa00.pac

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/11/2/2170666/FitKoopaMotion.pac

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
What do you have to do to load Bowser in the game? I'm trying to replace Ike with Gray Fox but it didn't work.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
I know why Sonic doesn't show up right. It's because the invisible parts use multiple textures. I think it's causing Brawlbox to freak out, since it's not supposed to handle that.

On the subject of Ridley, I tried putting him in place of shiek, and he turned out invisible. Not sure why at all.

Also, could someone else try messing with Lucario's running animation? I gave it a try and it resulted in him moving irradically even though I didn't remove remove frames or mess with TransN. Edit: NO, it's not the normal movement glitch. He runs normally, stop for a second, then continues.

Top Bottom