• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

They link.
I think the .rel file (or whatever) calls the fileindex, not the name.
I'll be completely honest, that didn't help me in the least bit. I still have no idea what I'm supposed to do to get the beamsword to look like Ragnell like you guys gpt the hothead to look like the apple. That's what I want, but how do I do that without making it freeze when I use it?

Untouch

Smash Master
I don't think you can change things that have a glow, that and ike's sword doesn't have a parameter.

Anyways for stages Misc[2] is definatly the solid ground, but changing it is prooving difficult :(

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
In short, it ain't happening? But I thought you said someone else has done that with the swords already...Or did you simply just mean other items, not those two swords in general? DX

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I'm trying to fit Mew to Diddy by deleting any excess bones from Diddy, deleting those bones from his animations, renaming Mew's bones, then transferring Mew over to Diddy. I'll let you guys know how it goes... If it works, it could open up almost endless possibilities.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Leaf, either I'm reading too much into it, or I can see what you did there at the end. XD

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Can anyone tell me why Kirby's body is invisible and Sonic is compeltely invisible beside his shoes and ball? Can someone also tell me why the scaling isn't working? I did something to Samus and the animation worked, but not the scaling. No, I didn't make her boobs bigger/bounce. >_>

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Can anyone tell me why Kirby's body is invisible and Sonic is compeltely invisible beside his shoes and ball? Can someone also tell me why the scaling isn't working? I did something to Samus and the animation worked, but not the scaling. No, I didn't make her boobs bigger/bounce. >_>
I've never gotten scaling to work either.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Can anyone tell me why Kirby's body is invisible and Sonic is compeltely invisible beside his shoes and ball? Can someone also tell me why the scaling isn't working?
Yeah... the program has glitches, but thats nothing to fret about. every good program might have glitches now and then. And try scaling the animations... not the pose... because the animations overwrite that

No, I didn't make her boobs bigger/bounce. >_>
Yeah... that wouldn't be possible until pharroxs model importer. I would know ;P

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Really? o_o Mind showing me an example? Or at the very least, how would I go about doing it myself? Do I just replace the model file and that's it? Or is there more to it than that? I had figured it wouldn't be that simple. o.o
Here are the steps of doing it yourself:

1. Replace the model file. I'm assuming you know how to do this.

2. Export textures from Ike's sword (or whatever you want to replace the other model) and give them to the Beam Sword (or whatever you want to be replaced) and rename them to whatever they were named before you exported them. Delete any Beam Sword textures.

3. Preview in BrawlBox to make sure it looks right.

4. If it looked the way it should, put it in the right place in your SD Card (or whatever method you use) and try it on the game.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

2. Export textures from Ike's sword (or whatever you want to replace the other model) and give them to the Beam Sword (or whatever you want to be replaced) and rename them to whatever they were named before you exported them. Delete any Beam Sword textures.

4. If it looked the way it should, put it in the right place in your SD Card (or whatever method you use) and try it on the game.
are you saying it should be possible to use ike's sword as an item? me want.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
That's what I did. I took the Wait1 animation and made something bigger (Won't say it now, I know people would steal the idea :p) for each frame, each being a bit different.

Also, Kryal, amazing job you did there, once again. Wish I could help in any way. Also, for the next version, think you could make it so we can add or remove frames?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
There's already a red-shell texture. It was made like, 50 times. You can't edit how it acts, though.

Also, a friend of mine said he got scaling to work, but he didn't tell me how he did it yet.

LxTrix

Smash Rookie
i'll ask again.....

So can you open pac or pcs files to view the character and take pictures for portraits or tga?

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
One function that would be really amazing for BrawlBox is a function which adds a certain number to all frames of an animation in a field.

Let's say frame 1 of Animation "EatPie" has an X-rotation value of 22.54634 and frame 2 has an X-rotation value of 23.42464. I would use the function to add 30 degrees to each frame in the animation. Frame 1 now has an X-Rotation of 52.54634 and frame 2 has an X-rotation of 53.42464, which saves me time editing each individual frame.

This is good for fixing errors with animation swaps, such as an arm facing the wrong way throughout a 51-part animation.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

A few things, when I replace it, I just replace the MDL0 file right?

I'm assuming I should delete the palettes too, right?

And I can't preview stuff in BrawlBox. It gives me a very sloppy and huge picture then gives me error messages after I close the preview window. x.x

But I'll give this a shot real quick

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
Would I be able to edit the water color in Pirate Ship (if so, how)? I'm workin on version 3 of my Black Pearl stage and I'm trying to make it accurate. I also want to change the sky color a little bit on Battlefield for my Crisis Core texture.

BTW thanks Kryal, I was able to figure out how to texture hack in like, 5 minutes with your tool.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Would I be able to edit the water color in Pirate Ship (if so, how)? I'm workin on version 3 of my Black Pearl stage and I'm trying to make it accurate. I also want to change the sky color a little bit on Battlefield for my Crisis Core texture.

BTW thanks Kryal, I was able to figure out how to texture hack in like, 5 minutes with your tool.
You can, but you need to know how to hack CLR0 files. These are like, the water of that stage, an effect on Battlefield, etc.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Just load the animation and take a picture (Print screen)

Also, did anyone get scaling to work?

Lastly, Ragnell on Beam Sword didn't work. It just didn't load. Strange.
Big Z is right. I tried to, I failed. Game wouldn't even load past the strap. o_o'

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Big Z is right. I tried to, I failed. Game wouldn't even load past the strap. o_o'
Actually, everything loaded fine. But when a Beam Sword appeared, it wasn't different. Reminds me of some Kirby hat tests I've done. Just nothing's different.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
You can, but you need to know how to hack CLR0 files. These are like, the water of that stage, an effect on Battlefield, etc.
Thanks for the quick response, I'll be able to figure it out. I'm debating on whether I should use greenish water or dark blue water.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Actually, everything loaded fine. But when a Beam Sword appeared, it wasn't different. Reminds me of some Kirby hat tests I've done. Just nothing's different.
...Weird. It's like it didn't even read the change at all. O.o'

Oh, and thanks TGYMK, though I feel stupid now cause of that, I just needed to zoom out XD;

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Omg. It Worked. I wanted to type in caps but it won't let me. AND ENTEI IS A SMASH BALL. O_O

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
I'm having a little problem with the position of Link's eyes. They appear fine in the model previewer but when I play the animation ingame the eyes are misplaced.

I know that the position comes from the animation I modified but compared to other animations, the bones related to his eyes have the same values.

Am I missing something or are his eyes controlled by something other than the animation?

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
Yes, xD.QUOTE]

Well that just made my day!:laugh:

Will I need a hex editor for the sky and water, I tried going on Kitty Corp. but they're down:(

This is what I have so far.

Zack's Last Battle (Battlefield)
Stage:
http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae191/Olimario1892/ZacksLastBattleStagev2.png
Background:
http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae191/Olimario1892/ZacksLastBattleBackground.png

The Black Pearl (Pirate Ship)
Black Pearl: http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae191/Olimario1892/BlackPearlv2.png
Flying Dutchman:
http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae191/Olimario1892/FlyingDutchmanv2.png

Top Bottom