• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
it worked though.....
You're talking about what I wrote, right? Yeah, from what I heard ANYTHING will work on red alloy, so I figured Yellow would be the same. I also heard that Blue and Green don't work for much though. The only problem with what I did is the texture. It should be fairly simple to create animations and a moveset for him (considering he is just a balloon with arms), so it would be cool if the texture would work.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Wow, I love this animation editor soooooo much. I made Marth do a hara-kiri :3 (Suicide) like that Yoshimitsu move. Well, I'll maybe report it on his thread and see if the creator wants the animation. I'll post a pic (IN-GAME!) soon.

EDIT :

I fixed his feet, by the way. That animation looks awesome in game :3
lol. That should be final smash! he should taunt then!...... he does that and Marth Flies off the stage instantly.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Now I can see why most of you said the custom animations was time consuming, I got the hang of making the bones as they were, I love this program.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
You think there will ever be a way to swap external graphics? Like, give other people Ike's magic circle even when Ike isn't in the game?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@Untouch: coo', looking forward to it.

I model swapped Yellow Alloy with Drifloon from the background of PKMN Stadium 2, and the in the previewer it looked fine but in the game it worked but the texture was messed up. Instead of him being purple with some yellow he was completely dark yellow with a black square where his face should be. Anyone else have this problem and/or know how to fix it.
Did you rename the model to FitZakowhatever after you replaced it? Try keeping it as the name Drifloon originally had. If you didn't rename it, try doing so.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
So far I've tried editing one of Ness' animations, when that didn't freeze it didn't work - his animations were unchanged. And I just tried to move some platforms around in pokemon stadium 2. That didn't work either, it was unchanged. File replacement 3.5.1... what am I missing?

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
So far I've tried editing one of Ness' animations, when that didn't freeze it didn't work - his animations were unchanged. And I just tried to move some platforms around in pokemon stadium 2. That didn't work either, it was unchanged. File replacement 3.5.1... what am I missing?
Did you actually put the FitNessMotionEtc.pac in your SD card?

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Yes, yes. Posted this 3 pages ago. You were there.

And I just double checked that the files are all in the right location. This is really frustrating. I've never had a problem with replacing files until now.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Yes, yes. Posted this 3 pages ago. You were there.

And I just double checked that the files are all in the right location. This is really frustrating. I've never had a problem with replacing files until now.
1. I don't have a clue as to why his animations are unchanged.
2. I don't know squat about stages.

Oh well, looks like I can't help... :dizzy:

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Bah! There doesn't seem to be a way to edit hurtboxes at all. I replaced Yellow Alloy with Galleom, and only his butt is able to be hit. Renaming his bones to match the alloy's doesn't work, nor does modifying "BoxMin" and the like.

Anyone have any ideas?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Did you rename the model to FitZakowhatever after you replaced it? Try keeping it as the name Drifloon originally had. If you didn't rename it, try doing so.
Thanks for the help, but I figured it out:

O.K., I fixed my problem! Just so that everyone knows: do not replace a Palette Texture! Only replace a normal texture with one from another model, or else it will be messed up.
I normally (instead of importing a new texture) replace ones that are already there and then delete unneeded ones, and I replaced a Palette Texture, which caused the problem.

Bah! There doesn't seem to be a way to edit hurtboxes at all. I replaced Yellow Alloy with Galleom, and only his butt is able to be hit. Renaming his bones to match the alloy's doesn't work, nor does modifying "BoxMin" and the like.

Anyone have any ideas?
Is a "hurtbox" the same thing as a hitbox, or are they entirely different? Sorry for my ignorance.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Hitbox and hurtbox are not the same.

Hitbox is the bubble in which will do damage to the opponet.
Hurtbox is the opponet's (or yours) body that takes damage when coming into contact with an opposing hitbox

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I just tried out Kryal's Falcon who gave me the finger which means I am doing something wrong, or there is a problem with scaling and translation. Has anyone successfully changed the scale of something?

Shiroyu

Smash Apprentice
I'm having trouble with scale, too. I tried to change Pikachu's squatting animation so that he slowly shrinks, and then his head shoots out, growing, with his face aiming slightly upwards and being huge but very flat. The only thing that shows is his head shooting out. (Though it is rather silly.)

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Scaling doesn't work it seems, but I don't don't think it's Kryals fault. It saves what you did, but I'm guessing Brawl is picky about whats allowed to be scaled.

For example, I was making Ness' hand in a victory pose make a peace sign (Like with the camerman from EB), and I scaled up his hand. It showed in Brawlbox, but not in the game. However, the same bone scaled fine in Ness' Fair.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Yes, its already been done.
Really? o_o Mind showing me an example? Or at the very least, how would I go about doing it myself? Do I just replace the model file and that's it? Or is there more to it than that? I had figured it wouldn't be that simple. o.o

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
http://www.mediafire.com/?dzejnm2mwji

This .pac replaces hothead with the green greens apple, goes in the system file.
Hmm...Well after looking at it I see that it's renamed to the ItmAppleBrres/Param rather than the previous, but how would I manage to replace the files like that for the beamsword and Ike's weapon? Looking at it right now, I have absolutely no clue what to do. o_o

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
My guess is that parts that are already scaled in the animation can be scaled, and parts that are not scaled cannot. Going to test this out right now.

Okay, nevermind. I can't affect scale or translation (with stage parts, haven't tried on characters) at all.

Untouch

Smash Master
Hmm...Well after looking at it I see that it's renamed to the ItmAppleBrres/Param rather than the previous, but how would I manage to replace the files like that for the beamsword and Ike's weapon? Looking at it right now, I have absolutely no clue what to do. o_o
File offsets, the names don't matter.

Ratheronfire

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if anybody has noticed this, but I get this message whenever I close the model editor:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Unknown error (0xc0070006)
   at BrawlLib.OpenGL.wGlContext.Capture()
   at BrawlLib.OpenGL.GLContext.Unbind()
   at BrawlLib.OpenGL.GLPanel.DisposeContext()
   at BrawlLib.OpenGL.GLPanel.OnHandleDestroyed(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmDestroy(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4200 (NetFxQFE.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BrawlBox
    Assembly Version: 0.60.3615.38028
    Win32 Version: 0.60.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ratheronfire/Downloads/BrawlBox%20v0.59/BrawlBox.exe
BrawlLib
    Assembly Version: 0.7.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.07.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ratheronfire/Downloads/BrawlBox%20v0.59/BrawlLib.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
I have a Vista, if that gives you any more information. Everything seems to work properly, but my computer thinks that the program crashes when I close it.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
File offsets, the names don't matter.
Nice to know the names don't matter, but what do you mean by file offsets? I've tried just replacing some of the stuff but even though the item showed up, it of course froze the second I tried to attack with it. Plus the textures were all wrong. XD;

Mind explaining a bit more thoroughly?

Untouch

Smash Master
Nice to know the names don't matter, but what do you mean by file offsets? I've tried just replacing some of the stuff but even though the item showed up, it of course froze the second I tried to attack with it. Plus the textures were all wrong. XD;

Mind explaining a bit more thoroughly?

They link.
I think the .rel file (or whatever) calls the fileindex, not the name.

Also, I found out that Misc[2] for stages is where you can stand, so replacing final destiation's with battlefield's would keep the model, but you can stand at different places.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
What am I doing wrong? I don't even know what to click to view animations.
Find the model you want to view animations with (usually the costume file) and select it. Then hit Ctrl+P, for Preview.

In the new window, each side has a tab you can click to open. On the right side, click the tab and you should see a button labeled Load. Hit that and open up the file containing the animations you want to see (FitWhateverMotionEtc.pac, usually).

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Open a Fit[character][#].pac and preview the first model. Expand the panel on the right, click Load > Fit[character]MotionEtc.pac. Select an animation in the right panel. Expand the bottom panel and press play.

edit-ninj'd

Stages have the animations in the same pac as the models.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
._. Whoa... Mew has no visible polygons. Has plenty of bones though.
Hmm... If I can find a character with several tail bones... that doesn't leave many options though. D:
EDIT: Diddy.

Top Bottom