• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

STUFF2o

Smash Ace

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rotation and panning maybe? I've never really looked.
If you look for the right hex values, you should find the values that control the colors for specific trophies.

In fact, I've recently done a texture that required me to modify the CLR0 files, and the hex values that control the texture colors. However, with the Kitty Corp. forums down at the moment, the texture release will be delayed a bit.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Hey guys I need some help here.

I want to change Delfino's water color. There isn't a texture for the water, but I'm 100% sure it's somewhere inside the model files or the scene lights. I don't think BrawlBox allows me to edit those files though. All I'd do would be just changing the numbers that most likely set the color.

Any help at all is very appreciated.

RocketSlug

Smash Rookie
It's because the invisible parts use multiple textures. I think it's causing Brawlbox to freak out, since it's not supposed to handle that.
Ah, would that be why the BrawlBox animation editor won't display eyes? Because there's more than one eye texture? Or what?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I know why Sonic doesn't show up right. It's because the invisible parts use multiple textures. I think it's causing Brawlbox to freak out, since it's not supposed to handle that.

On the subject of Ridley, I tried putting him in place of shiek, and he turned out invisible. Not sure why at all.

Also, could someone else try messing with Lucario's running animation? I gave it a try and it resulted in him moving irradically even though I didn't remove remove frames or mess with TransN. Edit: NO, it's not the normal movement glitch. He runs normally, stop for a second, then continues.
I messed with his running animation and it worked fine until I saved and opened it back up. All of the bones I edited had NaN for random values in random places, and I couldn't edit past frame 10. I think BrawlBox has a problem with Lucario, I'm just going to wait until a new version comes out and hopefully it'll work again.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I guarantee this will fix the problem.
Then I would double check my sources if I were you; turns out it didn't. It doesn't load at all now.

But I probably did it wrong. I opened the PAC with ASH, re-exported it, and dumped the resulting PAC and PCS into Bowser's folder.

Now that I think about it, the file doesn't even include all of Ridley's textures; I couldn't figure out how to increase the number of textures, so there's a couple missing. Would that affect it as well?

Also, can you hack sounds? I need to put Ridley's roar in there at some point. That's kind of a given.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
I need help with a couple of things if anyone could please answer.

Is it possible to add a texture to the place in the mdl0 file that says texture1.

It goes MDL0---->Textures1---->texture.0

I want to add something there.

Also why is it that when I replace an mdl0 file with another one even using the red alloy it still freezes. It doesnt do the beep thing, it just freezes as it's loading the stage.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I need help with a couple of things if anyone could please answer.

Is it possible to add a texture to the place in the mdl0 file that says texture1.

It goes MDL0---->Textures1---->texture.0

I want to add something there.

Also why is it that when I replace an mdl0 file with another one even using the red alloy it still freezes. It doesnt do the beep thing, it just freezes as it's loading the stage.
Who did you replace him with and what did you do?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
It isn't really a who.............more like a what..............................................

toon link's pig
*Bursts out laughing.*

I went into toon link's(toonlinkresult.pac) copied the mdl0, went into the character pcs and replaced the main mdl0.
You forgot Textures, and you need to give him his animations, that might be what caused the freeze, maybe the game doesn't know how to stretch out a pig to make it have Red Alloys proportions...or it could be that (because you forgot textures) the game doesn't know how to make Red Alloy be crunched up in a pig shaped blob...........*imagines*...........Scary thought..........

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
*Bursts out laughing.*

You forgot Textures, and you need to give him his animations, that might be what caused the freeze, maybe the game doesn't know how to stretch out a pig to make it have Red Alloys proportions...or it could be that (because you forgot textures) the game doesn't know how to make Red Alloy be crunched up in a pig shaped blob...........*imagines*...........Scary thought..........
lol

thnx, darn, I was trying to avoid making animations. Would I put the animations in the file itself or edit the ones in the fitmotionetc.pac.

Also would I have to make animations for the entry.pac as well?

NoOneReallyCares

Smash Rookie
Crapppppppp

Hello, im new here, but i want to ask a question.
So i got brawlbox, but it said Runtime Error
This application has requested the Runtime to teminate it in a unusal way. Please contact the applications suuport team for more information.
Has one thing on my mind, MY CPU SUCKS @$$

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
thnx, darn, I was trying to avoid making animations. Would I put the animations in the file itself or edit the ones in the fitmotionetc.pac.

Also would I have to make animations for the entry.pac as well?
1. You don't have to make animations, unless you want to make him a full character. All you have to do is open fitmotionetc.pac with BrawlBox and open the pig thing in another BrawlBox and export the animation data from the pig, then replace it with the animations you want them to replace in fitmotionetc.pac.

2. You don't have to open a different pac even if you want to make an entry for him. You can do that in fitmotionetc.pac. I would suggest making sure he works in Training mode before making an entry though, since in Training they don't go through their entries.

Tell me if it works.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Hello, im new here, but i want to ask a question.
So i got brawlbox, but it said Runtime Error
This application has requested the Runtime to teminate it in a unusal way. Please contact the applications suuport team for more information.
Has one thing on my mind, MY CPU SUCKS @$$
You either don't have .NET Framework 3.whatever or you have Vista, which I heard there's been problems with.

VirgoTheCougar

Smash Cadet
i'll ask again.....

So can you open pac or pcs files to view the character and take pictures for portraits or tga?
Yes, you can.
That's great, but some of the models look all messed up in Brawlbox for me and the eyes don't look right for any of them. Is there a way to fix that?

EDIT: Oh, and another thing, has anyone thought of replacing the character's throw textures with the animations they use when they throw a trophy stand in SSE? Those were sooo cool!

pokelover980

Smash Ace
You either don't have .NET Framework 3.whatever or you have Vista, which I heard there's been problems with.
I don't have problems with it and I run on Vista.

Maybe he just forgot to run it as an administrator, or maybe he doesn't have .NET Framework 3.5 like you said.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Success! I got Piplup to work on Red Alloy! Now all it needs are some animation and it'll be set.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
That's great, but some of the models look all messed up in Brawlbox for me and the eyes don't look right for any of them. Is there a way to fix that?
No, not yet.

Success! I got Piplup to work on Red Alloy! Now all it needs are some animation and it'll be set.
Are you going to fully complete him? (Animations and Moveset both.) If so, I'll add you to my archive. (here.)

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
A picture of that would be nice, D.B.K.

Speaking of Alloys, is it possible to replace Blue Alloy with w/e much like Red Alloy? If so, may I suggest that someone replace Blue Alloy with Palutena, please.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
WTF REALLY? LOOOOOL. Does he scale okay? Too bad Alloys have no specials though... D:
Yes, as long as he's not T-posed. I got him to run and stop correctly as well now. Working on a simple A attack.

Edit: Scratch the running part lol.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses

His textures change colors depending on what stage it's on lol.

I think I'm gonna work on Deoxys instead.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
We've been over this in my thread many times, YOU CANNOT REPLACE MODELS WITH TROPHY MODELS YET!
Wow, get the stick out of your ***, dude.

The whole deal with the trophies lacking bones honestly slipped my mind, so my fault for suggesting that; I'm just excited. Still, that doesn't warrant your caps/bold/underline idiocy.

But anyway, that's pretty amazing, D.B.K. Good stuff. =)

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Yes, as long as he's not T-posed. I got him to run and stop correctly as well now. Working on a simple A attack.

Edit: Scratch the running part lol.
So, you're going to do Deoxys? Also, the running bug has been fixed by Eldiran:

Eldiran said:
Yes, mwahah! Thanks to Kryal's awesome BrawlBox .59, I've found a solution! The bone TransN controls the character's actual movement. For some reason this bone doesn't register for Primid, but! I can change the TransN of walk, run, etc. to 0 so that Primid doesn't move in the animation. Then I can move him myself with Character Momentum!
Falco400 said:
WTF REALLY? LOOOOOL. Does he scale okay?
Of course he does, I don't know how many times I have to stress this, ANYTHING works on an Alloy, perfectly.

Wow, get the stick out of your ***, dude.

The whole deal with the trophies lacking bones honestly slipped my mind, so my fault for suggesting that; I'm just excited. Still, that doesn't warrant your caps/bold/underline idiocy.
It wasn't meant that way, I've just developed a habit of doing the, as you put it, caps/bold/underline idiocy to things that I want to stress, such as the ANYTHING works on an Alloy thing. Sorry if it came off the wrong way.

By the way, you forgot italics.:chuckle:

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Any idea why? What is it in the Alloy's PCS files makes them easier to replace?

Plus, some questions:
1. Is there a way to delete frames that are not at the end of the animation?
2. Can I substitute a existing subaction to act as another subaction through BrawlBox or PSA? What I mean is this... Since the alloys can't shield (so no guardon, guardoff, guard), can I just rename an existing subaction like AttackS4Hi to something else and edit its properties with PSA so it'll let my character use his shield?

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
It wasn't meant that way, I've just developed a habit of doing the, as you put it, caps/bold/underline idiocy to things that I want to stress, such as the ANYTHING works on an Alloy thing. Sorry if it came off the wrong way.
Oh, my apologizes, then. That type of stuff usually connotes to angry folks yelling, thinking caps makes their point all the more clear. Just bolding what you think needs to be stressed would suffice. =P

But yeah, I'll try not to forget the trophies thing again. :laugh:

Just saying, I've started a Tingle project, so nobody take it!
This is guaranteed to be amazing.

Top Bottom