• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
1. Replace model
2. Give it textures
3. Replace excisting animations with new animations. Most if not all of the animations from the alloy will NOT work, so it'll pretty much have to be replaced with new ones.
Ok you replace the model by replacing the .bres correct? So say I have Deoxsys. I would replace fitpkmnDeoxsys or w/e it's called .brres with ZakoChild.brres or w/e correct?

About aplying textures....
How would I do that?

And the animations? I can just make new ones correct? I think I can do that.
Thankx for all the help so far. =]

Mackorony101

Smash Cadet
You need to actually edit the cutscene then. It isn't gameplay. It is a video file.
It is definitely not a video. It would be very stupid for Nintendo to make a video of captain falcon's final smash for every single character along with every possible combination of three characters being hit by the final smash.

Also, my friend made a video with a glitch that made the camera move around during falcon's Final Smash showing that it is an animation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTeMPUWMSQI

So it would be possible for his Idea you would just have to move models around and change animations.

Kryal

Smash Ace
From what I've seen, SmashBox v0.57 can replace the indexed textures without any mipmap issues. Therefore, until the mipmap issues are solved for the newer versions of BrawlBox, you may have to rely on v0.57 to replace the indexed textures.
I haven't seen any problems with mipmaps. There was an issue in 0.58-0.59 where the PLT0 files were mis-aligned in some cases, but that's been fixed. In fact, I can't get the DK texture to mess up again so I'm not sure what to test with. Try rebuilding with 0.60, and if it still doesn't work send me the file.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Some frame controls will be added to the next version, most notably cut/copy/paste and setting the length on an animation.

Adding/deleting an animation may be an option in the future, but this would also require editing the moveset (which may be a feature soon). In the meantime, you can do so manually.
Just what I was going to ask about. Greatly appreciated.

Question though, what exactly is frame 0 there for? I would say it's there just in case the animation screws itself over and needs a frame to go off of.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Ok you replace the model by replacing the .bres correct? So say I have Deoxsys. I would replace fitpkmnDeoxsys or w/e it's called .brres with ZakoChild.brres or w/e correct?

About aplying textures....
How would I do that?

And the animations? I can just make new ones correct? I think I can do that.
Thankx for all the help so far. =]
If what you are doing doesn't work, here's an extremely detailed (or detailed enough) guide:

1. Open up the the file of the character you are putting on to the alloy.
2. Extract the MDL0 file from the ModelData[0] package.
3. Extract the entire Texture[0] package (don't hit Extract All, just hit Extract so you get the .brres package as a file)
4. Open up the alloy.
5. Replace the MDL0.
6. Replace the Texture[0]
7. Save
8. Make sure you have both a .pac and .pcs file for the alloy.
9. Place in correct folder on SD card.
10. Test.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
It is definitely not a video. It would be very stupid for Nintendo to make a video of captain falcon's final smash for every single character along with every possible combination of three characters being hit by the final smash.
Is not the Blue Falcon moving and the tracks beneath him a movie file?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Is not the Blue Falcon moving and the tracks beneath him a movie file?
Nope, the Blue Falcon is part of Falcon and the whole scene isn't a movie, it's actually treated a sa stage. That's why it'll be effected if you use codes that speed up or slow down stages/the game. It won't do any harm to it though. XD

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
If what you are doing doesn't work, here's an extremely detailed (or detailed enough) guide:

3. Extract the entire Texture[0] package (don't hit Extract All, just hit Extract so you get the .brres package as a file)
4. Open up the alloy.
5. Replace the MDL0.
7. Save
10. Test.
Wait, we have to have both the FitZakoBoy.pac and FitZakoBoy00.pcs files modified in order for it to work? ****...

VirgoTheCougar

Smash Cadet
If a pac file is larger than the original, will the file not work in game? If so, how do you reduce the size?

I believe this the reason why my CSPs aren't working.

Someone please confirm.

EDIT: GOD ****ING- my files are acting up AGAIN! They are now not saving EVEN WHEN MY SD CARD'S NOT IN MY COMPUTER! WTF! I'm getting sick of this ****!

What the hells wrong with BrawlBox!

Girrrtacos

Smash Rookie
Here's a suggestion-
Add a model converter to export to something besides mdl0, like dae.

Also, can someone please look at these three bbres files and tell me if there's any way to see the models in BrawlBox or convert them? The textures show up fine, but it can't seem to see the polygons.

http://s22.divshare.com/launch.php?f=9552985&s=d00

junrob

Smash Rookie
Instead of putting a model on the alloys, would it be possible to replace one of Mario's models with that of the yellow alloy?

Thank you...

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Here's a suggestion-

Also, can someone please look at these three bbres files and tell me if there's any way to see the models in BrawlBox or convert them? The textures show up fine, but it can't seem to see the polygons.

Actually, it SHOULD have an option for either or.

But right now, Kryal isn't familiar enough with the model format I think, to be able to export it to another.

Edit: Also, in hex, this is my FF post.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Here's a suggestion-

We've got Pharrox's Model extractor to convert it to .dae, and I don't think Kryal is to familiar with models (I could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time).

Girrrtacos

Smash Rookie
We've got Pharrox's Model extractor to convert it to .dae, and I don't think Kryal is to familiar with models (I could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time).
I know we can convert models outside of BrawlBox, but it would be a lot easier to do it from Brawlbox. Think there's any way to implement Pharrox's converter into it?

Mackorony101

Smash Cadet
Instead of putting a model on the alloys, would it be possible to replace one of Mario's models with that of the yellow alloy?

Thank you...
Probably but all you would have to do is rename FitMario.pac to FitZakoyellow.pac (I think)and put it in its respective folder underneath fighter.

Girrrtacos

Smash Rookie
Captain Falcon's Final Smash
(FitCaptainFinal.pac)

The Blue Falcon (WpnCaptainBlueFalcon)

Tracks (WpnCaptainFinalBg)

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
What Girrrtacos said. Plus, I remember using the Generalized Super Code on Captain Falcon and if I would interrupt the Final Smash at the right time, the Blue Falcon would be, in a Z Axis, behind / in front of Captain Falcon. The track would be located really high in the stage, and I could reach it with the Infinite Jumps code. Many pictures and fun were had.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I need a hand with something; the animation file I'm working with inexplicably got really big, so I need an efficient way to reduce the size (by about 350 KB) without removing frames or animations. The Alloys have the bare minimum as it is, so removing them is out of the question.

stickman

Smash Apprentice
I need a hand with something; the animation file I'm working with inexplicably got really big, so I need an efficient way to reduce the size (by about 350 KB) without removing frames or animations. The Alloys have the bare minimum as it is, so removing them is out of the question.
You know, it is possible to still have smooth animations with less frames. Don't criticize this, but when editing, do you REALLY need to fill every single frame, or can you cut some frames out and settle with a shorter animation, or even is there enough movement that you need all the frames? Other than that I can't help, but this is coming from my advice as an animator and not a Brawl hacker.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Okay, minor update. Controls have changed slightly:

Page Up/Page Down advances the current frame.
Holding shift while using mouse/keyboard controls makes them move faster.

Kryal

Smash Ace
If a pac file is larger than the original, will the file not work in game? If so, how do you reduce the size?

I believe this the reason why my CSPs aren't working.

Someone please confirm.

EDIT: GOD ****ING- my files are acting up AGAIN! They are now not saving EVEN WHEN MY SD CARD'S NOT IN MY COMPUTER! WTF! I'm getting sick of this ****!

What the hells wrong with BrawlBox!
Virgo, are you using Save As or Save? You also have to actually make a change to the file before you can save back to it. Try using Save As to a new file to see if that works.

Kryal

Smash Ace
I know we can convert models outside of BrawlBox, but it would be a lot easier to do it from Brawlbox. Think there's any way to implement Pharrox's converter into it?
I have a collada exporter going, but the problem is getting the format to work in other editors. They're very picky about how they handle the dae file, and the documentation is more of a guideline for these converters. That, and it's useless without the import/rebuild feature as well.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Okay, minor update. Controls have changed slightly:

Page Up/Page Down advances the current frame.
Holding shift while using mouse/keyboard controls makes them move faster.
Sweet! Thank you.

EDIT: @TSON: you can change the length of an animation by selecting the animation in regular view (as opposed to the animation viewer) and changing the number of frames.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
I have a collada exporter going, but the problem is getting the format to work in other editors. They're very picky about how they handle the dae file, and the documentation is more of a guideline for these converters. That, and it's useless without the import/rebuild feature as well.
There isn't any possibility of exporting to a more widely used format is there? (Or maybe I'm one of the only ones who hasn't heard of a .dae file...)

I'm always seeing .obj and .3ds formats, and those seem to open in anything. But I don't know what kind of limitations those formats have...

EDIT: Oh, and will there ever be the possibility of seeing Mr. Game and Watch's model? It would be interesting to see what it looks like, and possibly change the animations around.

EDIT 2: Great update! everything is displaying now! I haven't tried the other features yet though...

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace

The indexed texture issue is Already fixed! See Lucario's face texture.

Sunject B. Notice Sonics eyes aren't messed up. I haven't updated to 6.0b yet.

6.0b looks promising, Kryal!

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Next thing to add: Edit where which part of which texture goes where on model. that would rock like h3ll!

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman

4. Open up the alloy.
5. Replace the MDL0.
7. Save
10. Test.
Thank you so much for the wonderful help. I'll do my best to help improve the brawl hacking scene. =]

Top Bottom