• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Budget_Player
"stealing our ideas"? That's a good thing, that means we're doing something good. They are just bad because they can't figure out anything better, and that's not our problem.
I can only assume the title is meant humorously (which it is).

They aren't really stealing our ideas, though. It doesn't really take much to say, "hey, maybe bowser should have heavy armor", or "maybe Ganon should suck less."
^This

It's a joke because in the BBrawl thread, they keep on saying "this belongs in Brawl-".

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Basically. All of the characters have been doneish for about a week now. The menu's been 80% done for 2 days. We're at the "Are you sure we're ready?" stage :p

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
coolioolio. Thats pronounced cooly-ooly-oh btw

And BPC, I've been wondering this forever... What exactly is your avatar? I keep thinking its an eye and then looking closer and not know wtf I'm seeing...

Sorry, I'm a little hyper...

So then, are we going with TSON's gRape menu?

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I just want to throw this out there. My roommate, and a friend of ours were playing this earlier. My roommate was being Lucas, and after being hit, he airdodged out of tumble, which I know you're not supposed to be able to do, and the game froze.

I'm not sure if this is known or not. I told Xyless on AIM, but he's signed off right now, so I just figured I'd post it here.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Lucas is... Well... Buggy. I'm guessing your roommate used Zair, which at the current point freezes. Workin' on it.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
He said he pressed to Z airdodge, then he hit A to Nair, then he airdodged and it froze. Idk. He uses Wiimote and Nunchuk, so Z is like L or R for him, btw.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
*taptaptaptaptap*

Okay, this is taking awhile. I'll be in the basement. ¦D

*fa--SHOT*

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Lol, I know that. He told me he pressed them in succession, not at the same time. :p

EDIT: Eh, he probably just zair'd, now that I think about it. It froze before it showed the animation.

J4pu

Smash Champion
if you have a Zair and press any attack or grab input [other than the same one you used to AD (you can use grab to AD)] during your AD animation you will Zair, it doesn't have to be pressed at exactly the same time.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Hell yes, but you'll need to port our barrel, grenade, and peanut hax over first.

EDIT: Oh, we're using this menu and CSS guys. :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQKS80pRIUA
HOLY **** THAT CSS IS EPIC.

btw, you know it's possible to edit the background on the CSS. it's been done (but you knew that. :chuckle: )

and @ the person who said that CF shouldn't be near Yoshi - GET ***** BY YOSHI :V

also

will you guys port this to NTSC-J (japan) when you're done? A friend of mine with a japanese wii wants to play this and he doesn't have an american brawl. I can get him a copy but since he has japanese brawl it makes more sense to just get a japanese Brawl- codeset >_>

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
If there's ever a converter made >_>;

And we aren't using the CSS or menu because kirk hates it/me ;_;

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure the NTSC-J hacking is as far as NTSC-U, the japanese and US versions of Brawl+ are exactly the same

Or at least, they both have file replacement v3.5.1. >_>;

Xyless

Smash Master
If you guys want to see streams, send me a message through AIM (xyless272) or Skype (XylessBrawl) and if I'm not using my laptop for working on B- stuff, I'll hook it up so it can at least shows the CPUs using the characters on Random. Or if I'm not busy, show off some characters specifically.

However, note that my internet isn't phenomenal (parents' internet is DSL, not living in my apartment right now), so don't expect perfection. I wish one of my Windows laptops could handle streaming but they can't, so FMLE is out of the question.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I was thinking you could take a look at the NTSC-J Brawl+ codeset (on the brawlplus.net site) and probably ask some of the people who coded it on what (if anything) needs changing.

I don't think a lot needs changing, it seems NTSC-J is as far through hacking as NTSC-U.

Could help to bring this to people in the Japans or people who imported consoles ;)

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to say, extremely hyped for this :) From the vids/streams that I've seen, everything looks incredibly fun and there have been some quite impressive changes to the characters that are pretty clever. Looking forward to the release :D

Love to everyone who has worked so hard on this! <3 <3 <3

NNID
Budget_Player
So something just hit me. This project is pretty much a big "how not to start". :laugh: I started with no actual ability to do anything, no really well-defined targets other than "break **** and see what happens", and basically everything worked out well... Now we have rules against EXACTLY THAT. xD

wheres Xyless?
He contacted me about my CSS.
Are you that guy with the super ultra smexy CSS with the blue background and the black hands?

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Yeah he is. His CSS is why I asked over at the Brawl- boards if ZSS and the individual pokemon will be selectable on the CSS.

Revven

FrankerZ
NTSC-U .pacs are the same as NTSC-J .pacs, I would know because I run the Japanese SFX and if there were any problems with SFX I'd know. What I don't know is if certain functions are different or not. So, in other words, porting to NSTC-J would be as simple as just making a code set with the Japanese version codes and just saying to use the NTSC-U .pacs (or rather, testing them to SEE if they work fine 100%).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom